What wrestler(s)(not currently signed to WWE) would make the biggest impact if signed?

Rossinater

Dark Match Winner
I truly believe that PCO has the potential to draw a lot of money if introduced to the WWE universe. I think that WWE would miss out and already missed out on a huge opportunity to do something really special with PCO. They would be missing out on a lot of money(I believe)if they did not sign PCO by the time he retires. Even if he came to WWE on a one match deal like Sting-That would be awesome if they had a storyline from January til April for Wrestlemania. They could build and book PCO very strong leading up to Wrestlemania and have him defeat some big names on the way. After defeating top guys you then have one of their future stars defeat him to propel that wrestler to the next level. If done right this would be awesome. You could have him beat everyone leading up to Wrestlemania and they Bray Wyatt in his new gimmick could defeat him. You could build a relationship between Bray Wyatt and PCO and then have Bray or PCO turn on him to set up the big Wrestlemania match.That would be an awesome story.
What wrestler(s) do you think have the potential to draw big money if they came to WWE?
If you want to replace WWE with AEW ,The question could be What wrestler(s) do you think have the potential to draw big money if signed to AEW?

His potential would be completely squashed as soon as Vince and his creative staff start writing for him. Killer Cross could and probably would be a major draw if he signed to AEW.

Since he is The Mountie in the WWE Universe, he would not be considered. Not a knock against his current run as PCO, but WWE would not go for it.

To answer your question as to who I think would make the biggest impact...

C.M. Punk.

Period.

If he shows up on AEW programming, Vince will lose his poo. WWE already announced a NXT UK Takeover for August 31st... same day as AEW All Out. That's not a coincidence. However it's a thumbing their nose at the smaller promotion move by WWE.

If Punk shows up there... well let's say things are about to pick up (or any other Jim Ross expression you want to use... ironically he is also now with AEW).

Since he is The Mountie in the WWE Universe, he would not be considered. Not a knock against his current run as PCO, but WWE would not go for it.

To answer your question as to who I think would make the biggest impact...

C.M. Punk.

Period.

If he shows up on AEW programming, Vince will lose his poo. WWE already announced a NXT UK Takeover for August 31st... same day as AEW All Out. That's not a coincidence. However it's a thumbing their nose at the smaller promotion move by WWE.

If Punk shows up there... well let's say things are about to pick up (or any other Jim Ross expression you want to use... ironically he is also now with AEW).

Takeover will be long over before All Out begins. Punk probably is the biggest star that will make an impact in either promotion.

I agree, If Punk came to AEW and debuted on the first night of TV then AEW will blow up HUGE. He would change the landscape of pro wrestling instantly if he debuted. I really think he is going to be the surprise when they start in october.

PCO-Now, I know WWE would find a way to screw it up if he went there bc they are horrible right now. I know he was the mountie but not a lot of people that watch now would even know that and those that did, well PCO does not resemble that old character at all anymore.. Lets put aside WWE shit creative - I just think PCO is larger than life and his move set is mindblowing at times. With all the WWE bells and whistles i think they could have made PCO into a huge character just like the undertaker.

I cant wait til i hear the beginning of Cult of Personality start to play and hear that pop when Punk comes out. It will be the biggest POP ever in Pro Wrestling.

Punk would definitely make the biggest impact but something about PCO really intrigues me. Hes like frankensteins monster and i just think his persona is so cool.

I cant see Punk turning down AEW. After following Punks entire career and getting to know him from interviews and such I can almost guarantee that he would like nothing more than to put a wrench in the side of WWE.

Also AEWs style of Pro Wrestling has to intrigue Punk since its the closest to MMA. AEW presents true athletic contests just like NXT.

If he wasn't part of AEW i Would say Cody Rhodes. Let's face it the guys as mature so much as a performer since leaving WWE that they would be all over him if he came back and make him one of their top stars right off the bat.

As far as PCO is concern. Love the guy, i've followed his career since the very beginning since he is a hometown guy. But at his Age, WWE wouldn't even take a look at him mostly for insurance reason. The guy is 54 years old and while his gimmick is interesting, it doesn't fit the WWE style plus ever since Lawler had his heart attack a few years back, they try to not use older performers as full time guys, So if PCO was to make a comeback to WWE, it would be either in a comedy role or as a part time guy and i don't see either of those thing happening

Who the hell is PCO????

But the answer beyond any doubt is CM Punk. Signing him to AEW would immediately put millions of eyes on the product when it comes to TV. If WWE managed to sign him back, AEW would be DOA.

Yah,your probably right. I just really like his whole thing, if he would have come up with this gimmick earlier in his career-it couldve been awesome. Then again part of the mystique about PCO is that hes 53-54 and still able to do what he does-He really is like the real life frankenstein monster lol.

Cody Rhodes. Man,there isnt another wrestler that i was ever more proud of. I always seen Cody as a star from the very beginning. I didnt see much of him as Stardust but I watched him from before that. Sure, he really went to another level after leaving WWE but, while he was there he made an impact(to me at least). His whole story is awesome. He was truly made for this moment. I think people relate to Cody and he is a big part as to why the Elite really got to the highest levels of wrestling. Once Cody came into the Elite it kind of cemented the faction. I know AEW wants to make Kenny the face since his style signifies what AEW will feature but Cody, man Cody is a way more over babyface with heel moments..In my opinion I think it is going to be hard for Kenny to be the guy when Cody is as over as he is.

I am just so excited for wrestling again.

The correct answer is nobody. There are simply no draws or big names left that aren’t already in a major company or retired

The Rock if he decided for some reason to do a Lesnar like schedule, but he’s not going to do that at this point.

CM Punk is a silly answer. He was very good...6 years ago before he was humiliated in UFC. I would be excited to see him back because he was my favorite at the time. That said, he was never a big enough draw to make any difference. WWE didn’t skip a beat when he left.

Yah,your probably right. I just really like his whole thing, if he would have come up with this gimmick earlier in his career-it couldve been awesome. Then again part of the mystique about PCO is that hes 53-54 and still able to do what he does-He really is like the real life frankenstein monster lol.

Cody Rhodes. Man,there isnt another wrestler that i was ever more proud of. I always seen Cody as a star from the very beginning. I didnt see much of him as Stardust but I watched him from before that. Sure, he really went to another level after leaving WWE but, while he was there he made an impact(to me at least). His whole story is awesome. He was truly made for this moment. I think people relate to Cody and he is a big part as to why the Elite really got to the highest levels of wrestling. Once Cody came into the Elite it kind of cemented the faction. I know AEW wants to make Kenny the face since his style signifies what AEW will feature but Cody, man Cody is a way more over babyface with heel moments..In my opinion I think it is going to be hard for Kenny to be the guy when Cody is as over as he is.

I am just so excited for wrestling again.

I don’t get this retcon of Cody’s career. He was a C- player in WWE. Got multiple pushes based on his name, never got over until somewhat as Stardust, never stood out on the mic or in the ring, never had a good look, but once he quit WWE out of frustration because they didn’t see him as a star he’s suddenly some hero. I saw him on the indies and at All In and he’s the same guy he always was. In reality if his dad wasn’t Dusty he would never get a WWE contract or last on the indies.

Not sure who PCO is and not mentioning Punk, I'll give another option.

Not a huge ratings magnet but Austin Aries is an established name they can use.

Cain Velasquez could be a huge cross over draw since he's recently started wrestling.

John Morrison is also a good hand to have though he won't make a major impact.

If you dont know who PCO is you should check out on youtube probably. hes currently signed to ROH.. He just has a cool character and he has all the ability in the world for a big guy like he is. Hes just too old now.
I think Jon Moxley will prove to be a huge draw tbh.
CM Punk would be huge and draw a hugeee amount of PPV buys for AEW.
The Rock has one more run in him IMO.
Joey Janela has the potential to be the next Mick Foley like character
MJF is going to draw huge potentially
The Elite is already a huge draw
There really is a lot of potential people out there that can make a big impact

Cain Velasquez could be a huge cross over draw since he's recently started wrestling.

John Morrison is also a good hand to have though he won't make a major impact.[/QUOTE]
Cain will draw for sure if built properly nd also depending on how he takes to wrestling
Im a big fan of Johnny man of many names... I think impact while it strives to be a main promotion, i think once AEW starts guys like Johnny and Aries are a waste to not be on tv imo.

I would say MJF would make a huge impact in WWE.. Just look at what he is doing over at AEW. That dude oozes charisma and is the best heel in the business today.

Punk is a pipe dream. Even if he came back no way he goes to WWE, mends fences, and work that schedule again.

No way the Rock comes back other than maybe a mania match with Lesnar or Reigns.

So who does that leave....

Gotta agree with a previous mention Cain Vellasquez!!!

Easy storyline....
Brock cashed in on Kofi the first night that Smackdown is on Fox. The next week Lesnar comes out and says he's destroyed everyone in the WWE and no one is good enough to challenge the Beast. New music hits and it's Cain Vellasquez!!! Cain says Brock last I checked you never beat me! I ran you out of the octagon and now I'm gonna save the WWE universe and run you out of here to!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back