What Would Your Idea Be For A WWE Themed PPV?

I know it's hardly original, but I'd love to see the "raw roulette" concept as a PPV, but without all the stupid dance-offs and other idiotic stuff they put on. I think it'd be a really cool way to develop feuds and create memorable moments and avoid the overkill that comes from having 2 or 3 HIAC/elimination chamber matches in one night.

I HAD AN IDEA AT LEAST FOR A MAIN EVENT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH INVOLVING FIVE MEN EX. ORTON,PUNK,SHEAMUS,CENA,BARRET START OFF IN AN OVER THE TOP ROPE BATTLE ROYAL FOR THE FIRST ELIMINATION OF THE MATCH. WITH FIVE GUYS OF THAT CALIBUR IT COULD BE FUN. SENCOND PART BEING A TAG TEAM MATCH WHERE THE FOUR REMAINING MEN ARE RANDOMLY PUT TOGETHER IN TEAMS. YOU COULD HAVE CENA&BARRETT VS ORTON&PUNK AND THE WINNERS FACE EACHOTHER IN A NO DQ MATCH FOR THE FINAL STAGE FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP. IT WOULD BE COOL TO WATCH THE MAINEVENTERS WORK AS A TEAM AT ONE POINT TO INEVIDABLY FACE EACHOTHER. MAYBE CALL IT A "5 WAY EVERY WHICH WAY MATCH." THATD BE HILARIOUS

While some of these theme ideas aren't terrible (bringing back War Games as a closing match for a PPV) overall, I HATE theme pay per views. Having all the matches be some extreme spotfest match takes away from the story which should be the reason for the match in the first place.

That was why I hated the idea of Randy Orton vs. Sheamus in Hell in a Cell. There was no reason for them to be in that match. Hell in a Cell should be a culmination and final match in a storyline. Two guys that have such bad blood between each other that the only way there can be resolution is for them to walk into the Devil's Playground.

All I want as a PPV theme is "Good Storytelling." Logical matches that have a logical reason not to be on free TV. Make me WANT to spend my money to see these matches. Make me HAVE to spend my money to see it Live and not he next day when it's available via torrent. It doesn't need swerves or matches with strange rules. Just an easy to follow story with strong characters that I Love to Love or Love to Hate. That's it. Plain and simple.

If you can't get that right, than no theme in the world is going to save you.

Some pretty good ideas.

Here's my concept. It would be a one-off PPV but I just liked the idea. It's kinda weird, but I'm a weird guy.

WWE Presents... Knocturnal.

Every match would involve some sort of darkness.

Types of matches and the concept.

Blind Fold Match: This would obviously be more for comedic relief. Someone like Santino would fit into a match like this.

Gauntlet Of Darkness: Heavyweight Champion faces three men. In the storylines, you eep two of his contenders a secret. Everyone thinks they have a chance at getting into the match and you don't really have a clue until the event.

The match could be build with the champion and his first combatant. Whoever wins that first bout, the arena would go dark for a minute or so and when the lights come on, his next opponent would be standing in the ring, waiting to challenge him. It'd have Royal Rumble elements that fans love and you could definitely build some unique stories around the concept.

Four Corners Of Light Match: Regular four-corners match except that the arena is darker and when you hit a corner, the corner lights up and once the fourth corner is touched, the lights come back on. Something that is PG enough to catch on with kids, but also has at least something new to it.

I had some other ideas but I can't seem to remember them.

Obviously, I realize this could either be great or fail miserably, but I wanted something that has never been seen.

The name says it all folks...and I am suprised this one hasn't been done...
Especially if the match has a wrestler, like Edge, who is known for TLC versus someone like a HHH or Undertaker who is known for their Cell work...

The feud leading up to the match could have each guy argue that they get to choose the match type, with each man having already won a match, this would be the tie-braker and there would be a no-rematch clause included...

The WWE has to stop themed PPVs....one gimmick match a PPV is enough....and having the same match for both title matches is lame.

It could be a time problem, but I'd love a "WorldWidE"-PPV. Every year, there would be a PPV outside the USA in a country which would appreciate a big wrestling event, like Mexico, Japan, England (Wembley again), China, South Africa, Germany, Brazil, Australia, Samoa and what not. You could give local heroes a main event spot and every PPV would sure as hell have a special feeling to it.

It seems that over the last couple years, the Survivor Series PPV has come into question as being antiquated. Others have mentioned that the show has lost its original focus... that being team-based, elimination style competition. "Traditional" Survivor Series matches are not featured prominently on the card anymore and when they are, they take a backseat to other non-team contests.

In an attempt to resurrect the "theme" of the show, I would propose a return to 4 vs. 4 or 5 vs. 5 team-based matches. The difference would be that they are all contested under "War Games" style rules. That is:

1. Two rings surrounded by a double-wide steel cage with a roof on top.
2. Instead of eliminations, teams are introduced one participant at a time with a member selected from each team to start. A coin toss or some other contest is conducted beforehand to determine who will have the advantage as new participants are introduced.
3. The first new particpant enters at the 5 minute mark, providing a 2 vs. 1 advantage. 2 minutes later, the next particpant enters making things even at 2 vs. 2. The match progresses with 3 vs. 2, 3 vs. 3, 4 vs. 3, etc. until all particpants have entered the ring.
4. Once all participants from both teams have entered the ring, submit or surrender rules apply. Pinfalls, DQ's, etc. cannot achieve victory. The match ends when one of the teams members either submits or is rendered helpless (ie; knocked out, requires medical attention, or otherwise can't continue).

Though it would have to be significantly tamed down for the WWE's PG rating (ie; no blood, excessive violence, etc.), the concept itself I think is still sound. It should add a new dynamic to the traditional Survivor Series formula and could go over well with longtime NWA/WCW fans that remember those matches. The fact that WWE owns the trademarks to the name "War Games" adds another layer of authenticity that something like "Lethal Lockdown" can't provide.

I agree bro, I used to love the old Survivor Series format and War Games. I even liked the Battle Bowl at Starrcade where they had 10 random tag matches (picked out of a hat), with the 20 winners advancing to the double ring battle royal type affair. They all started in the same ring and you had to be thrown into the other ring first and then over the top rope.

I have to say the format of the 4th survivor series was awesome too. Where all the winning heels and faces fought each other to be sole survivor. I remember it being Warrior, Hogan and Tito vs Dibiase, Model, Warlord, Power & Glory. They could add a twist at the end if there is more than one survivor and have the winning members continue to fight to be sole survivor. Sole survivor gets a title match at the next PPV maybe?

It seems that over the last couple years, the Survivor Series PPV has come into question as being antiquated. Others have mentioned that the show has lost its original focus... that being team-based, elimination style competition. "Traditional" Survivor Series matches are not featured prominently on the card anymore and when they are, they take a backseat to other non-team contests.

In an attempt to resurrect the "theme" of the show, I would propose a return to 4 vs. 4 or 5 vs. 5 team-based matches. The difference would be that they are all contested under "War Games" style rules. That is:

1. Two rings surrounded by a double-wide steel cage with a roof on top.
2. Instead of eliminations, teams are introduced one participant at a time with a member selected from each team to start. A coin toss or some other contest is conducted beforehand to determine who will have the advantage as new participants are introduced.
3. The first new particpant enters at the 5 minute mark, providing a 2 vs. 1 advantage. 2 minutes later, the next particpant enters making things even at 2 vs. 2. The match progresses with 3 vs. 2, 3 vs. 3, 4 vs. 3, etc. until all particpants have entered the ring.
4. Once all participants from both teams have entered the ring, submit or surrender rules apply. Pinfalls, DQ's, etc. cannot achieve victory. The match ends when one of the teams members either submits or is rendered helpless (ie; knocked out, requires medical attention, or otherwise can't continue).

Though it would have to be significantly tamed down for the WWE's PG rating (ie; no blood, excessive violence, etc.), the concept itself I think is still sound. It should add a new dynamic to the traditional Survivor Series formula and could go over well with longtime NWA/WCW fans that remember those matches. The fact that WWE owns the trademarks to the name "War Games" adds another layer of authenticity that something like "Lethal Lockdown" can't provide.

-----------------------------------------------------------

It may sound waaay over the top but I thought about a Tower of Doom type match.

A triple steel cage surrounded by an even larger roofed cage around it. There would be 6 Elimination Chambers, 4 at the corners and 2 inbetween, 1 on each side. 2 wrestlers would start in the ring and try to wear down their opponent enough to grab the belt. A total of 8 wrestlers. Said wrestlers would try to work their way to the 3rd steel cage and grab the title.

Who would be in the match, you ask? As a dream match

1. Sting
2. Shawn Michaels
3. Chris Jericho
4. Scott Hall
5. AJ Styles
6. Davey Richards
7. Rhino
8. CM Punk

At the moment all I can think of is a they do the Draft Lottery at Bragging Rights. Raw vs. Smackdown, the winners' brand gets to draft one superstar from the opposite brand and for the Bragging Rights 7 on 7 match, the winning brand gets to draft 3 superstars over to there brand.

I agree with the people who said something like a Roulette theme. I remember something a while back where people/WWE was shopping names for possible PPV's and one was "Wild Card" and it could be like Vegas theme, and certain games to determine the types of matches. Maybe one match would be set by spinning a roulette wheel, or another would be determined by doing 21, or another would be by palying the Texas hold'em, and the stipulations would go to the winner/loser etc. The possibilities would be endless on something like that.

a ppv similar to bragging rights. but instead of a 7vs7, all the matches will be smackdown vs raw type. the main event will have the wwe champ vs world champ. uppercard: us champ vs ic champ. the brand with the most wins, wins bragging rights. the ppv name will be WARZONE

I was thinking of a PPV with a similar name to against all odds. TNA has that already so the name needs to adjust. In that particular PPV, the contender would decide the match type/stipulation. Hell in a Cell, Submission, Last man standing, you name it... And the name would fit well if the champion can retain against all odds...

I like the concept of the random wrestlers being forced to team up for one night and possibly beyond (Battle Bowl?). It allows the 'E to test new teams and could open up some storyline possibilities.

However, on the whole, one big knock against the themed PPVs seems to be that they dilute the matches like Hell In A Cell or TLC that are supposed to be feud-enders. Therefore, for my PPV, I wouldn't have a specific match type as the main events. Instead, I would set up the PPV like a normal event, i.e. normal matches unless they need the extra boost. Titles are on the line, as usual.

The only difference is that the winner of each match gets to be GM of their show for one night only on one of the following weeks. Thus, you have temporary GMs set up for the next month to spice up RAW and Smackdown. Depending on what they do as GM, they could prolong they storyline they are in or start new feuds for themselves or others.

I'm not sure whether it would be a worthwhile idea, but I think it could have its merits. The name would be something like WWE Powerplay or Power Struggle. Something along the lines of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back