What would you do?

czar76

Occasional Pre-Show
If you had the money, the time, and the T.V. slot to start a wrestling company what would you do with it? What fanbase would you gear your show towards? What style of wrestling would you want to present?

I would go with a mix of Japan's strong style and more European mat based show. Not saying it would work but that is the type of wrestling I prefer. Or I would do a more tounge and cheek style in the vein of the old ECW. The show would be geared more towards adults with enough light stuff to keep the kids and families watching, but that's me. What are your thoughts?

Hmmmm, well I'm not entirely sure which direction I'd go in. If I actually had the means and intended to do it, I'd most definitely try to plan things out and form as much detail as I could.

As far as the style of wrestling goes, I think a nice general mix would work nicely. Japanese strong style, mat wrestling, maybe even toss in a dash of southern rasslin', the occassional hardcore match. I wouldn't just toss around championships as if they were nothing, nor would I sacrifice title matches for the sake of promoting angles. If I'm going to have a championship match on television, I think I'd spend a week or so hyping the match on the show and then have the title match the next week. Occassionally, I'd book a "spontaneous" title match just to keep things interesting, but I'd generally want title matches to feel special and that they're important. Gimmick matches can be fun, but I definitely wouldn't want to use them a helluva lot. Like title matches, gimmick matches should have something of a special feel about them. I think I'd start out with only doing half a dozen ppvs a year and just see how it went. If the formula seemed to be profitable, there's a chance I'd just stick with that particular format. Goofy skits like we'd see with Hornswoggle would have no place in a company of mine. When it comes to a creative team, I'd want to have it made up of guys that know what they're doing and wouldn't just tell me what I want to hear. If I suggested something and they thought it was absolute shit, then I'd want someone to tell me. I don't need "yes men" cuz yes men wouldn't necessarily make my company money. I'm sure I'd insist on doing something that sounds great but actually isn't, I'm not perfect after all and it happens. If I happened to bring in older wrestlers that were established as big stars, I'd use them primarily to help build new talent rather than build the company around them. Also, I'd accept the fact that my company wouldn't reach WWE levels of success in a short span of time. I'd be more focused on building the company and putting out as top quality of a product as I could. I'd love my company to be as big as the WWE of course, who wouldn't after all. As long as my wrestlers could make a good living working for me and everybody was able to make some good money, I could live with that. I have to say that I wouldn't necessarily care nearly as much about being the biggest wrestling company there is as I would in having the best wrestling company there is.

As to who I'd cater to, come one come all I always say. I wouldn't just set out to cater to the IWC as far too many of them are just impossible to please. I wouldn't really cater to fans of hardcore wrestling as it's just pure hell on the wrestlers. The occassional hardcore match I think is fine, but that's not what I'd be going after. Of course, I'm not saying I'd be successful at all. I might be a nervous wreck within 6 months of being in business.

I actually though about this about two or three months ago and here's what I came up with...

My company would be known as BaNNed Pro Wrestling. It would sort of play on the ECW style of harcore but would push a lot more envolopes. Banned is the name because it would be an alternitive in which you dont usually get to see and would push the company if not with a national TV deal by marketing it as banned and too much for regular tv. Plus you can go with the first three letters "BAN" as standing for Blood All Night.

I would market it as a no limits pro wrestling company captilizing on the "Blood" aspects for PPV names and what not. Kinda like ROH does with their PPVs such as Glory By Honor and Death before DisHonor. The only downside on that is that I cant really think of any such names. Like I would not be able to do Bad Blood as WWE already has done that and probably owns the rights to it.

I would also focus a lot on the womens and tag divisions with epic storylines and original gimmick matches for each. I even thought about somehow playing on the term "Blood Brothers" somehow. Like for the name of a tag team or maybe even an all tag team PPV. The world title would be of as much prestige as I can make it. It should not just be thrown around but giving nice leanghthy runs should be good and make it that much more special when someone else finnaly wins it.

To conclude my wrestling company would of course be geared towards the adults. I would not try to compete with WWE but to instead just focus on making my company what it is and entertaining the fans.

Thats all I can think of right now though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back