what would you do with morrison?

The Viper

Occasional Pre-Show
Ok its obvious we all love this guy, and it is also obvious that hes a future champion and possibly a future great in this company. So my question is how would you push him? what feud would u put him in to get him more over and send him into the ME? IMO i would put him in a program with ziggler. Ziggler is also another future champion, and the 2 put on a solid match a few weeks ago on smackdown. This good be a great feud if wwe books it right, have ziggler win the IC title and start talking shit saying he is the future of the company and better then everyone, this bringing out Morrison who challenges him to a match, Morrison beats him and gets a shot at the IC title at the next ppv ETC. Wwe could make this program last a few months or so, finally with Morrison winning the title, he could defend it against the likes of jericho, rey, kane and so on and so forth. This giving him a chance to go over some former champs, he could keep the title till around the rumble, lose it on smackdown, but then go on to win the rumble. now i know most of this probably isnt going to happen, im just saying that this is the way i would go. Thoughts?

Well he is scheduled to have a title match with Jeff on friday. So I depending on how he is able to get over with the crowd in this match I think he should be put in the main event. If Hardy doesn't resign and they decide to give CM Punk the title they can have him and Morrison resume their feud from a couple years ago and see how that goes over.

I just think if Hardy leaves and Taker feuds with someone else than Morrison could be ready take over and move the the ME scene to feud with CM Punk. But I think they should let Ziggler feud wit Rey fer a little while for the IC title

id prolly have morrison flirt with the M.E for a while like wut wer gonna c on smackdown , and prolly have him battle for the ic. title. rey vs morrison cudd be decent, with morrison maybe turning heel, cuz i dont really like face jomo. an come wm.26 he'll either have a positive reaction to the crowd, and become a M.E or if hes not there yet, id let him win mitb so he can slowly slide into the M.E like edge :rolleyes:

Yeah I'd like to see him chase and be involved with IC title for a while before stepping up to the ME/World Title picture. He's a great talent and will go on to do great things in the WWE, but I believe a nice long IC Title feud is where he needs to be. So I say leave him where he is right now, he's fine, then after the Rey/Ziggler feuds culminates, have Ziggler take the title from Rey, then have Morrison step in and start chasing Ziggler for it, I believe these two could have a hell of a program that could span at least a few PPV's, then the big blow off where Morrison takes the title, and moves on to bigger and better things. Keep him in the IC title picture for a year or so and if all is still going well, bump him up.

I think right now is the perfect time to push Morrison for ME status on Smackdown.

Although Kane has returned and has been literally dominating the scene. The best possibility I could think of is on next weeks SMD that Morrison and Kane square off for #1 contenders match for the winner of Punk vs Jeff after Summerslam or they could turn that match into a triple threat. This could be a huge match for Morrison and with him winning could result in Kane going on a heel revenge type path (keeping his whole evil background intact).

U KOULD HAVE HIM IN A RIVALRY AGIANST MVP FOR A FEW WEEKS THEN FACE VS FACE.AFTER THAT THEY SHAKE HANDS AND THAT KIND UV STUFF. THEY COULD LATER FIGHT FOR A #1 CONTENDER SPOT FOR THE IC TITLE THEN MORRISON WINS THEY SHAKE HANDS. ONE GETS A PUSH THE OTHER BEING MORRISON GETING A BIGGER PUSH GOING AGIANST REY FOR THE IC TITLE. LATER WINNING IT AND THE IN THE MID CARD OF PPVS LATER LOSES IT MAYBE TO MVP. GIVING HIM A BIG PUSH AND THEN MORRISON COULD HAVE A WINING STREAK AND LATER ASK FOR A WORLD TITLE #1 CONTENDER SHOT. LATER WINS AND LOSES THE TITLE MATCH AND THEN GETS A REMATCH.LOSES THAT.THEN JUST IN TIME FOR THE RUMBLE HE WILL BE A FAVORITE AND THEN WINS THE RUMBLE AND GOES TO WRESTLEMANIA FOR THE TITLE AND FINNALY WINS A WELL DESERVED WORLD TITLE AND THEN HE WILL BE COMPARED TO THE GREATS SUCH AS ORTON CENA HHH BATISTA SO ON.

wat i would do right now is have him in a program with another young smackdown superstar dolph zigglar. It will be over the IC title kause i can see rey rey dropping the title to zigglar soon it would be great advances in both there careers and have morrison win the fued in the end. Have him lose it around no way out and start focusing around the MITB ladder match at WM and have him win that then he is on his way to becoming the next big star in the wwe.

I'd make it a triple threat for Summerslam.I think Morrison is really close to being a main eventer because he competed for the World Title tonight and did great.That was one hell of a match.He should get an IC Title run as an upper midcard face feuding with Ziggler,Kane,and Rey-Rey,and should drop the title close to No Way Out,compete in the Elimination Chamber,but come up short,and win MITB,ultimately cash in and win the RVD way.

Considering the Hardy/Punk storyline is not likely over yet, I'd flirt with Morrison in the middle of them. Obviously over the course of the previous two weeks, Morrison has picked up non-title victories over Punk from what I've read.

He had a match with Hardy on Smackdown, tonight, in which he lost. (again, from what I read. So with that being said, he's capable of beating a heel Champion in a non-title match, but not yet worthy of beating a face Champion when it means the most? All in all, the Company sure seems to be teasing a possible Morrison interaction with Punk & Hardy, but whether it happens or not is the question.

Summerslam is right around the corner, and a 3rd meeting between Punk & Hardy (4th, technically, if you count the Cash-In) seems imminent. Instead of another boring single's match between the two, add Morrison into the mix. He can be a great blend for the tweener role, and has proven to be one of the best workers Punk has ever had.

While I can't say what happened on Smackdown was good or bad, I can say going off previous battles with Jeff Hardy over the Intercontinental title, Morrison & Hardy worked greatly together as well. So a Triple Threat at Summerslam seems logical.

Let me tell you, Morrison put on a good match with Hardy last night. It shows that indeed, he can work with both Punk and Hardy. If I remember correctly, they also put on a good match back when Jeff came back from his suspension.

Morrison is starting to get over as a face, and the reality is: If, and probably when, Jeff leaves after Summerslam, there's going to be a void of a face, and it's been reported that Undertaker might come back after Summerslam, so lo and behold, they're grooming Morrison for M.E. but as fast as humanly possible.

What would I do with Morrison? I would keep him where he is, and fit him in the equation of Hardy/Punk. Not have him win the match but make sure that he can hang with them both at the same time.

I think that the masses of the WWE fans have finally turned their eyes to the Guru of Greatness. The several promos and mentions of the match during last night's Smackdown let me know it was going to be one of the best non-PPV matches of the year. Morrison's backstage promo before the match, however, was about as awkward as Jeff's. His mic work nearly made me cringe, but who knows, maybe he was just having one of those nights. While Morrison never showed great mic skills, I think that his mic work as a heel was better.

Regardless, Morrison handled himself very well in his match with Jeff. His precision with his springboard moves is great and the match last night really legitimized Morrison as a main event contender on Smackdown. Particularly his kick out of the Swanton Bomb was what really shocked the fans, and I expect a lot of crowd reaction to Morrison for shows ahead.

To answer the question, I would somehow work Morrison into the Hardy/Punk feud. A Triple Threat would be nice, Morrison can further prove himself a main event talent even if he didn't come out with the gold. Afterwards, he could pursue the winner of the championship while the odd man out finds another feud on Smackdown.

U KOULD HAVE HIM IN A RIVALRY AGIANST MVP FOR A FEW WEEKS THEN FACE VS FACE.AFTER THAT THEY SHAKE HANDS AND THAT KIND UV STUFF. THEY COULD LATER FIGHT FOR A #1 CONTENDER SPOT FOR THE IC TITLE THEN MORRISON WINS THEY SHAKE HANDS. ONE GETS A PUSH THE OTHER BEING MORRISON GETING A BIGGER PUSH GOING AGIANST REY FOR THE IC TITLE. LATER WINNING IT AND THE IN THE MID CARD OF PPVS LATER LOSES IT MAYBE TO MVP. GIVING HIM A BIG PUSH AND THEN MORRISON COULD HAVE A WINING STREAK AND LATER ASK FOR A WORLD TITLE #1 CONTENDER SHOT. LATER WINS AND LOSES THE TITLE MATCH AND THEN GETS A REMATCH.LOSES THAT.THEN JUST IN TIME FOR THE RUMBLE HE WILL BE A FAVORITE AND THEN WINS THE RUMBLE AND GOES TO WRESTLEMANIA FOR THE TITLE AND FINNALY WINS A WELL DESERVED WORLD TITLE AND THEN HE WILL BE COMPARED TO THE GREATS SUCH AS ORTON CENA HHH BATISTA SO ON.

I TALK IN CAPITALS SO YOU KNOW THAT I AM SERIOUS.

Um, MVP is on Raw too. And winning the title won't compare him to HHH who has won it so many times and is a legend in the business (whether you like him or not you can't deny his achievements and the fact he'll be remembered).

Anyway, I think with Morrison the best method is to leave him lingering inbetween upper midcard and main event for a while. Then lead him into an IC feud around Survivor Series with him losing the belt before the Royal Rumble. On the card for the Royal Rumble, the rematch for the IC with Morrison challenging should be there. It will keep people's minds off him in the Rumble match. He loses the IC match but wins the Rumble. Then eventually wins against a legit main eventer like Jericho at 'Mania.

Though I see Edge returning at Rumble and winning it to go on and face Jericho as champ. So my other scenario would have Morrison winning MITB and cashing it in after a PPV in a face fashion. A babyface loses against a heel in controversial fashion. Then in a move similar to Hogan coming out and getting the approval of Hart to face Yokozuna and winning (WrestleMania IX)... Morrison gets the babyface's approval to challenge the heel champion by cashing in his MITB and winning in a new long-fought contest to become the new World Champion. The babyface then raises Morrison's hand and celebrates with him.

Just my two cents.

With Miz now being a free agent and all, maybe they should finish uo that liitle storyline. Miz turned on Morrison, with abo****ely no mention made of it afterward. This is the perfest way to get the miz on to SD in the Midcard scene, and an opportunity for both to really show off how much potential they have, While I definitely think that morrison is the better wrestler, they would have some great matches, since they have worked together so much in the past.

I also would drop the Jim Morrison impersonator gimmick. I loved Jim Morrison, and he did not wanna be the center of attention. John Morrison should go back to the Johnny Nitro name or something else, he has all the talent in the world, but i just do not like his gimmick.

I think shooting Morrison up to the Main Event so quickly is a mistake. He is someone that should hold the Intercontinental Title first, before holding the World Championship or even challenging for the World Championship. I realize Vince is starved for Main Eventers right now, but history has shown that doing what he is doing with Morrison can cause the fans to turn on the wrestler (John Cena and Randy Orton). If anything, Vince needs to work on establishing legitimate Midcarder contenders for Morrison and the IC Title.

McMahon's lack of focus on all parts of the roster is absolutely unacceptable. The only things he concentrates on are the Main Eventers and the Upper Midcarders. And he wonders why he has a stale product.

I would have Morrison hold the IC title first, get some wins under his belt ... and then maybe he can do a program with CM Punk.

JoMo might have been ready for the main event scene now if the wwe had booked him in something meaningful since hes been on smackdown. He has only fought at one ppv against Shelton which was really a meaningless feud. I think at this point he needs to be built up a little more. Put him in a good feud with Ziggler for the IC title, and have him feud with some high profile heels. For gods sake just put him on the card at a ppv. I think if booked correctly, by the time wrestlemania 26 rolls around he could win money in the bank.

I will agree with most in saying that yeah he is most likely a future champion and a huge star in the company. But good things come to those who wait. Sometimes the more they hold off pushes when it might not be nessesery to take is better, I think it then would be the best possible option for John as i feel his big moment should be held like a HBK at Wrestlemania 12.

I would put him in a feud with the iwnner of the Mysterio/Ziggler match for the intercontinetal titel and give him a long and prestigious run with that. He is a young guy who could reely make the WWE mid card somethng very exicting and very outstanding in the next year or so before he can finaly make the one step further into the big one in the Main Event.

Idk what I would do with Morrison. I like the guy as a face and he is a great in ring performer. With the serious lack of ME talent on the roster right now, I think that it would be in SD's best intrest to give him a push to ME status.

I think that if I wanted him over quickly, I would let him have a few matches with 'Taker. Not like a feud, but just a random match where Morrison steals one and then 'Taker demands a rematch and wins, then they have the rubber match, which is a long good match with good counter wrestling and back and forth action, but have 'Taker win.

That would definately get Morrison over enough to be a ME status wrestler.

This one's a toughie. Morrison has all the neccessary skills, talent, and performance ability to be a major Main Eventer. The match between him and Hardy was smashing. Still, the method of handling this is important. We'd want a very personal rivalry to develop, Morrison is always best when it's personal and not just business.

I agree with those who've said to put him in the middle of the Punk/Hardy conflict (which I think was the original idea anyways when Jeff Hardy was waffling on taking time off or not) and putting Morrison as secondary opposing force against Punk, then moving it to primary opposing force after Jeff leaves. CM Punk and John Morrison have always worked extremely well together throughout their various feuds over various championships. The cheap shots that Punk has been taking against Morrison after losing to him will only heighten the feud and make it seem more natural when it occurs.

On the side, I could also see it leading to a kind of team-up between Hardy and Morrison. Those two could make a killer tag-team, although I don't know who Punk would team up with. Too bad Jericho's no longer available. With Punk's current line both in words and attitude, he's sounding more and more like Jericho every week.

I'd have him feud for the IC title, with either Ziggler or Rey. Hopefully Rey, he just brings more credibility, and lets face it, Rey vs. Morrison is a spot-fest heaven. I like spotfest matches, as long as they have the drama! Drama is very important. I'd have him win the IC title around Breaking point. Than I'd have him win MITB. Evantually have him drop the IC title to Ziggler, or some one legit enough like Jericho. Than I'd have him pull off an RVD and cash in the MITB brief case before hand and have him take the World title strap at Extreme Rules in a hair vs. hair match lol imagine if he lost that XD.

it all seems good except i dont think Ziggler and Morrison would be a good fued for that fact of 1. Morrison has already beaten CM Punk many times twice on Smackdown and him lowering himseelf for an IC Title shot doesn't seem like a likely senario i think what they should do with him is put him in a Beniot like situation untill the rumble have him enter as number 1 and win it that way the WWE can get rid of Beniot being the last person to win the rumble at number one and then have him go to wrestlemania and beat the champion although what would be even better is if they wanna wait on making him champion they ahve to do one of two things one have him win money in the bank or two have him be the one to beat Undertaker and Wrestlemania either way hes over enough to beat whoever the champ is hell why dont they kill two birds with one stone and have him beat Undertaker at Wrestlemania for the title like i said before either way he's over and this way they can make Undertaker heel since Morrison is getting quite the fan base as a face.

I would have Morrison hang around in the upper mid card scene some more. Morrison is someone who I feel is being too pushed to soon, and isn't ready yet to be a a main eventer on SD. This thought really hit me especially a few weeks ago during a promo. If i remember correctly, the promo took place before his match with Hardy for the world title on SD. During this promo Morrison's inexperience as a face can be clearly heard. While as a heel his mic work was moderate and very witty, the promo he cut that night was just horrid. He was trying way too hard to come off as a face, and was speaking in a weird tone. I saw it as a indication that Morrison has yet to find his character while being a face, and needs more time to develop one.

Because I think he needs more time to develop a character, I would put him in a feud with Ziggler. With Hardy leaving the company after Summerslam, and the Undertaker having yet to return, that leaves a top face spot needed to be filled. If Rey drops like expected at Summerslam, then Rey fills that spot as a top face, and Morrison can move on to a program with Ziggler. I would have Morrison obviously cut promos and such more often during this program, so he can find a character or get more used to his face one. I would book Morrison strong during the feud, having him win most if not all of his encounters with Ziggler, but come PPV time have Ziggler retain. From there have Morrison move on to the upper mid card scene, and main event if he's gotten used to or developed more of a face character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back