What Would Taker's Surgery Mean?

There, that's your answer.
People are saying that Taker won't be around for WM next year, but if it's his last one, think about it clearly.

Taker knows how big his fanbase is and how much people love him. Even if he's 0%, he will fight at WM, he could cut promos for a month before it without wrestling, and still put on the best show he could.

He will do it no matter what, but it's gotta be his last. As much as I don't wanna say it, Takers time is near an end.

well said but youve gotta remember its up to the man himself when his time is at an end not just your speculation and from what ive seen most pro wrestlers have a much better shelf life then your avarage pro football player and the undertaker isnt just an avarage wrestler so hopefully well see another couple of years at least out of the phenom:)

With Undertaker gone, I see this as Kane's opportunity to truly shine and dominate the roster. I don't see Kane dropping the belt anytime soon, especially after beating Undertaker three times in a row. I think he'll be getting a lengthy title reign that I see going as far as the Royal Rumble if not Wrestlemania. Although I gunk it's more likely he'll lose it at Elimination Chamber but I digress. With Undertaker out, this would be a good chance to add more names to the main event scene such as Kofi Kingston potentially taking the title off Kane down the line. With Edge's face turn and refreshed character, he too may be in line for a title reign as well. Right now, Undertaker being out will clear out the main event scene fir awhile and allow some of the midcarders to step up.

Taker needs to retire soon, I'm a big fan of him and all but come on, he's getting old and even though he gets massive crowd reaction, he wont be there to live it up, he gets injured most of the time and is not in his prime anymore, best to just have him have one more match at WM27 and call it quits.

I agree, not because taker is old though. There are a lot of wrestlers in their 40's etc that still wrestle. But For the last 4 years Taker has lost to much weight, become injury prone, and misses to much time because of it. He is extremely frail looking. It's extremely hard to watch what you to be such a dominant big man from 1990 until the first half of the 00's to watching him now. I really don't no what he's holding on to. PPL may say loyalty, you can be loyal without wrestling. Someone said don't put him up against anyone at Mania unless people will by into the opponent legitimately having a chance to end the streak. So that leaves Cena or some dream person. Nobody else in WWE has a chance or should. Taker close it out at Mania.

I think Undertaker will be at Mania and it will be his final match. Reason 1: He is falling apart literally, he hasn't got it in him anymore. Reason 2: Paul Bearer is back, and Undertaker has said he wanted him around for when he retires so I'm pretty sure this is the beginning of the end.

I am torn as to how this should go, as I am someone who feels the streak should end. Fuck tradition, streaks are meant to be broken and in a wrestling sense no one else will benefit from an unbroken streak except for the Undertaker. One defeat is not going to hurt his legacy at all, and I am willing to bet that WWE will go bankrupt before someone beats Undertaker's streak. Whether WWE decides that he loses though is something I can't say with certainty.

So the question is who does he lose to? An established star such as Cena or Lesnar or someone at the start of their career like Barrett, Sheamus or Miz?
The pros for Vs Cena is that it is the match people have wanted to see for a while now and could cement the biggest heel turn for Cena since Hogan in 1996 if Cena was to win. The negatives is that I can't see this being a classic, we've been spoilt as wrestling fans with the last two WMs having him wrestle arguably his greatest matches of his career. Shawn Michaels could probably make Santino look like Tito Santana circa 1985 if he wanted to. Anyway my point is Cena obviously isn't as good as making others look great as Michaels is so it probably won't be a classic. However this won't stop me from watching it with great interest.

Vs Lesnar gives the match a huge interest from people who watch UFC and in many respects is a dream match also. However I am sure that if this happens it'll be for one night only for Lesnar and really would be a slap in the face to all the great wrestlers who didn't break the streak if Lesnar were to win. I really don't think this match will happen though.

Vs Sheamus/Miz/Wade Barrett. Though these matches would lack the star power of the likes of Cena or Lesnar I think they would still be interesting as it would be the biggest match ever for these young guys. They literally would have grown up watching Taker at WM so you know they are going to work their hardest to put on the best match ever. Also Undertaker has said before he retires that he wants to put over a young guy and "give back" as it were. Can you imagine how that is going to look to say you ended the streak and retired the Undertaker at WM? That just gives you credibility it would take years and years to earn so it would be incredible for one of these guys to beat Taker.

Anyway though my heart says go with a younger guy my head tells me Cena so that's what it'll be for Mania.

In the event of Undertaker actually being injured it will be a heel Cena vs face Orton as the main event.

I think Undertaker will be at Mania and it will be his final match. Reason 1: He is falling apart literally, he hasn't got it in him anymore. Reason 2: Paul Bearer is back, and Undertaker has said he wanted him around for when he retires so I'm pretty sure this is the beginning of the end.

I am torn as to how this should go, as I am someone who feels the streak should end. Fuck tradition, streaks are meant to be broken and in a wrestling sense no one else will benefit from an unbroken streak except for the Undertaker. One defeat is not going to hurt his legacy at all, and I am willing to bet that WWE will go bankrupt before someone beats Undertaker's streak. Whether WWE decides that he loses though is something I can't say with certainty.

So the question is who does he lose to? An established star such as Cena or Lesnar or someone at the start of their career like Barrett, Sheamus or Miz?
The pros for Vs Cena is that it is the match people have wanted to see for a while now and could cement the biggest heel turn for Cena since Hogan in 1996 if Cena was to win. The negatives is that I can't see this being a classic, we've been spoilt as wrestling fans with the last two WMs having him wrestle arguably his greatest matches of his career. Shawn Michaels could probably make Santino look like Tito Santana circa 1985 if he wanted to. Anyway my point is Cena obviously isn't as good as making others look great as Michaels is so it probably won't be a classic. However this won't stop me from watching it with great interest.

Vs Lesnar gives the match a huge interest from people who watch UFC and in many respects is a dream match also. However I am sure that if this happens it'll be for one night only for Lesnar and really would be a slap in the face to all the great wrestlers who didn't break the streak if Lesnar were to win. I really don't think this match will happen though.

Vs Sheamus/Miz/Wade Barrett. Though these matches would lack the star power of the likes of Cena or Lesnar I think they would still be interesting as it would be the biggest match ever for these young guys. They literally would have grown up watching Taker at WM so you know they are going to work their hardest to put on the best match ever. Also Undertaker has said before he retires that he wants to put over a young guy and "give back" as it were. Can you imagine how that is going to look to say you ended the streak and retired the Undertaker at WM? That just gives you credibility it would take years and years to earn so it would be incredible for one of these guys to beat Taker.

Anyway though my heart says go with a younger guy my head tells me Cena so that's what it'll be for Mania.

In the event of Undertaker actually being injured it will be a heel Cena vs face Orton as the main event.[/QT Taker should go out a winner. Taker has beaten Kamala, Triple h, Diesel, Michaels, Orton, Psycho Sid all at mania to name a few if they couldn't beat him, how stupid would it be to let anyone especially somebody new like Barrett, Miz, Sheamus defeat him? In the end the streak would mean more unbeaten then it would for anyone to beat it. Goldberg's WCW streak meant more than this.

Undertaker has probably wrestled six months in a year for the last three. The WWE is used to him not being around, because he's not around so frequently.

Speaking strictly ON STAGE; he's not that much of a loss. When he's there, he can still draw enough to main event, but when he's not, it's not exactly a tragedy of storyline shattering proportions. They've made do before, they'll make do again.

Undertaker has probably wrestled six months in a year for the last three. The WWE is used to him not being around, because he's not around so frequently.

Speaking strictly ON STAGE; he's not that much of a loss. When he's there, he can still draw enough to main event, but when he's not, it's not exactly a tragedy of storyline shattering proportions. They've made do before, they'll make do again.

Ok yes we get that he is hardly around anymore. The point is that if he's not around for WRESTLEMANIA then there will need to be adjustments. He's the biggest part of 'Mania, whether titles are involved or not, Taker is the main draw. Without him you need to make appropriate measures to make sure you still put on the best show possible and people are still interested. People will always have interest in Mania, that goes without saying, but without Taker there is an undeniable need for something to at least try to fill the shoes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back