What Would 'Taker's Legacy Be Without The Streak?

I think his legacy is the same with the streak as it is without the streak. He's still held the streak this long, and he's been one of the best performers to ever be in a wrestling ring regardless

Bill Goldberg's WCW Undefeated streak of 173-0 is much more impressive than Undertaker's Wrestlemania streak. Goldberg defeated greats like hulk Hogan, Sting, The Giant, Scott Hall, Diamond Dallas Page, Curt Henning etc. Goldberg defeated 173 guys in a row... Undertaker defeated 19 once a year.

Goldberg's streak > Undertaker's Wrestlemania streak.

Other than that Undertaker's character is his legacy and his wrestling ability. Not a fan of the Undertaker's "Supernatural" character. He was better as the American Badass (Biker) Undertaker but he is still an icon and a legend.

Call me crazy but I dont think he needs the streak to have a meaningful career. Hes done so much in his time with the WWE for his career to depend on one night out of the year. To me the streak is more of a nuisance than anything and should've ended at WM21. The fact that at this stage we still know that Taker will always win at WM is kind of disappointing and takes away from the overall value of his match with Triple H this Sunday.

the "streak" to Goldberg is an pure invention due to i've heared from Sting and Hogan in different sites.

Undertaker is the ONLY wrestler in wwe history to have 2 streaks actually,he never lost in France in house shows since 1991 and he was undefeated in his first year of WWE in 1990,his first defeat was against Tito Santana.

I think that it is the streak that has catapulted Undertaker into the league of legends like Austin, Hogan, Andre, Cena and Rock. These guys were probably bigger and hotter draws than Undertaker but a legacy is not only based on being a great draw. It is based on the fans thinking as to how great you are. Also, though Undertaker may not be as big a draw as the guys I just mentioned, but the streak has become a draw in itself in the last few years and it is the streak that has made Undertaker a pretty big draw in the last few years.

But like I said, a legacy isn't only about becoming a draw. It is about forging an identity in the minds of the fans and The Undertaker has been able to make a huge impression on the fans because of the streak. The streak has become wrestling's very own unbeatable record and Undertaker the Joe DiMaggio, the Joe Louis and the Don Bradman of wrestling. Don Bradman is a cricketer with an average of 99.94 for all of those who are wondering as to who the fuck he is.

What would have been Undertaker's legacy without the streak? Tell me, what would have been the thing that would have stood out about Taker had the streak never happened? His supernatural gimmick? Pretty cool, but not legendary. The best big man wrestler of all time? Again, good but not exactly legendary. The streak is legendary.

Never broke kayfabe, could do a program with anyone, as mentioned earlier his locker room presence and willingness to put people over has been tremendous. Not to mention the endless amount of ppvs he mainevented (in your houses, summerslams, etc) he has been the ace in the hole for 20 years. He'll he even mainevented SummerSlam in a match vs himself. He's on mount rushmore and I think he's earned every penny hes made from WWE

something tells me you didnt watch him in his early days.. he was just completely different than every other wrestler out there.. he grabbed everyones attention and he legitimately scared little kids! not to mention he was and still is a great wrestler for such a big man!

even without the streak he would have a great legacy.. he did sooooooo much!

he beat hogan for the belt back when hulkamania was still at its peak! just for one example!

not too many wrestlers with the supernatural gimmick lasted, but he is the only one who did and managed to keep that respect all the way through!!!

something tells me you didnt watch him in his early days.. he was just completely different than every other wrestler out there.. he grabbed everyones attention and he legitimately scared little kids! not to mention he was and still is a great wrestler for such a big man!

even without the streak he would have a great legacy.. he did sooooooo much!

he beat hogan for the belt back when hulkamania was still at its peak! just for one example!

not too many wrestlers with the supernatural gimmick lasted, but he is the only one who did and managed to keep that respect all the way through!!!

Something tells me that you didn't read my posts that I made in this very thread. I just asked the question in the OP to spark this discussion. If you knew anything about me you would know that I'm the biggest 'Taker mark on these here forums.

Trust me, there isn't anyone around more knowledgeable about 'Taker than me and I know that; even without the streak, he would be remember as one of the greatest professional wrestlers of all the times and the greatest big man in the history of professional wrestling.

The Undertaker doesn't need a streak to be a legend. The man is probally the greatest worker in WWE history and would be a legend if he was 10-10 at WrestleMania. he is a God in WWE. A true legend. He don't need the streak, it's just a bonus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back