• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What was your favorite?

"Cool Guy" Jensen

Undertaker for Champ!
WWE is decades and decades and decades old. We've seen countless title reigns, countless championships held by countless superstars. Of course, some title reigns have been better than others. Some longer than others. Some superstars have had more title reigns that others.

In this thread, I ask what was your favorite. Now, I'm not picky on what exactly you respond to. Who is your favorite champion? What was your favorite title reign? What is your favorite current or former championship? Who do you think should have been champ, but never was? Who do you think did not deserve to be champion? Whatever you want. I'm just curious.

And please be sure to explain.

I really feel Owen Hart was ignored and underrated in the WWE. He beat is brother Bret at Wrestlemania 10, won King of Ring, and won pretty much every title except the WWE title. Not to forget 2 time slammy award winner. I think Owen along with Curt Henning and Rick Rude could of gone far. Also Jake the Snake Roberts was a great at ring psychology. He wasn't the greatest athlete but could of been something. I believe that the Ultimate Warrior was someone that didn't deserve to be champion. He was passed the torch and blew it basically. Brian Pillman was another great performer that could of gone far if it wasn't for his accident. Big Show IMO was a performer that was award the strap way too many times, and his feuds with Big Bossman and Hardcore Holly were barely memorable. The WWE championship would be my favorite even though it has been pretty watered down as of late. The Undisputed Championship ruled, it gave real prestige to the title.

well for me my favorite decade was the 90s. it was a whole new face in wrestling. the attitude changed everything. you saw bosses screwing over top guys you saw great mid card and tag wrestling. someone who was underrated was far and away Mr. Perfect. this guy was one of the best ring tech guys alongside Bret Hart. Perfect also helped establish a lot of the top guys. like Bret hart, Shawn Michales, Davey Boy Smith. he had countless memory matches that i will never forget. also he was on of if not the best promo cutter in all of wrestling. Ted Diebasi was another guy who was the best heel ever and did not get a shot to be at the top for real. he was descent in the ring and a hell of mic worker. that is why he will be one of the greatest managers ever. Roddy Pipper another guy who was vastly underated. great feuds with Hogan, and many others. my favorite belt was the Undisputed belt. As i thought the wrong guy won it first but Y2J is great but i just think Angle or Rock or Austin would have been better choices.

Best title reign - Shawn Michaels 96. when he won it for the first time. Well played out story, good champion.

Best Championship - The wwF Championship.. not the WWE if ya know what i mean.

Should have been champ but never was - First off, i want to respond about Owen Hart. No. As much as i liked Owen he was not WWF/E championship material. However you got guys like JBL wearing it so.. no comment. Jake Roberts could have i guess but his alcohol probs ruined that. Bulldog could have also but i'm pretty sure he had drug probs. So many guys ruin their own destiny. Razor Ramon is another one. Really i can't answer this one because it's obvious to me the ones who "could have" ruined it themselves.

Not deserve to be champ - JBL, CM Punk, Vince McMahon!!!, and Batista only once, when he won it first time. The stuff with HHH when he was turning on him was good.. but after that he was stale and never should have held it again.

My favorite title run and champion was Chris Jericho's Undisputed Title run...I'm a hardcore Jerichoholic if you didn't notice, and it seemed like a breath of fresh air for someone new to hold a title/s...Yes, I'm young but i still wish the Attitude Era was here, haha... :wwf: Oh, and CM Punk doesn't deserve to be champion.

I have to go with Bret Harts second title win. As a kid watching this I was so happy someone finally took the belt off Yoko. After Yokozuna had dominated the title scene for the better part of a year and The Hitman finally regained the title that he was screwed out of a year prior I was psyched. I must have watched that match 2o times.

I always liked the old school IC belt, it just looked awesome. And there were so many great matches over it.

And I really wish that Curt Hennig and Ted Diabiase had both gotten runs with the world title. I dont understand how Hennig vs Hogan didnt scream money to the WWF. And if Diabiase had been allowed to keep the belt after he bought it, the fans would have been instantly behind whomever he lost it to.

And undeserving champion has to go to the Great Khali. Now I will admit, there have been plenty of champions that i didnt like, but I really dont understand this one. Khali is NO ONEs favorite wrestler, he has no heat because no one cares and he can hardly walk.
I dont know what the WWE was trying to do with this reign, and I bet they dont either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back