What Was Your Favorite Sting Moment?

Super Crazy

CABS ARE HEEEERREEE!!
? I put this in the General Wrestling Section due to the fact that it is not directly about TNA.

sting3.jpg

Well folks with Sting's supposed retirement rapidly approaching I thought I would start a thread to dedicate to the icon. He is one of the greatest of all times in my opinion. I'm sure all of you have a favorite moment of Sting. This is the thread to post it in.

Mine has to be Uncensored 1997. The nWo were celebrating in the ring with Dennis Rodman when Sting repelled down from the rafters and took out the nWo single-handedly. I also loved that Sting would not wrestle until he could fight Hollywood Hulk Hogan.

So what are your memories of Sting? What is your favorite moment in his career?

I'm not a huge Sting mark, but I've always enjoyed his stuff from the early days with the spiky blond hair, to working with the nWo and the "Crow" metamorphosis, to some of his more-inspired moments in TNA. However, not being a huge fan, I can't lie and say "so many come to mind." In fact, two really jump out and they're both a little obvious-

1. The First Clash of the Champions- Sting goes to a 45-minute draw with Flair in a World Title. This is the night Flair made people really believe in the Sting character and and the very beginnings were set for Sting to become an icon. Overall, an awesome match that still holds up.

2. Great American Bash 1990- Sting again wrestling Flair in the main event for the title, but this time he wins and in doing so captures his first World Title. The WCW faithful had really gotten behind Sting and were ready to see him with the gold, and Sting was ready, as a performer, to carry the strap. Another great match and it was exciting to see Sting fulfill his potential and have a new face enter the World Title scene.

1. Sting does the "You are a coward, and you are a dead man" comment on Nitro after being stripped of the WCW World Title by JoJo Dillon because Hogan bitched and moaned. It was the first real emotion that we had seen of Sting that gave a hint that the character really did have a dark side, and wasn't just a version of the old character that just didn't speak and looked like the Crow.

2. "There's one thing for certain" His last promo before taking a year off from wrestling. This was the night that he first wore the "Crow" makeup, but it was more like his older makeup as it didn't completely cover his face. This was what started the best storyline in WCW in a long time.

3. Great American Bash 90 - His first title. The first WCW PPV that I ever ordered, and was probably one of my favorite matches from the late 80s-early 90s.

I don't have one specific moment, because he's done a ton for the business, and has had bigger matches than many people realize. Instead, I'll just go with his entire first half of his career, when he was in technicolor. As soon as he went black and white, he changed. His offense was different, his attitude was completely different, and it wasn't the same as watching him fly around the ring with guys like Flair, Muta, and (I can't believe I'm saying this) Luger.

I'd take any of his matches from the early 90s or late 80s over anything he's done in the last 10 years without a doubt.

Well for me it has got to be the 1st time he was up in the rafters. That was the 1st time he went full Crow. I was about 14 at the time n it honestly creeped me out a little.

It has to be the Crow character. It was a new and different Sting to what fans had seen in the past. In the past he had the short blond hair with the colourful tights.

It was really cool how they built up the character when he was up in the rafters and never spoke. It was cooler when he started to take out the NWO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back