• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What was the worst "big four" pay per view of the '00s?

amazing_blue

Pre-Show Stalwart
The thread title says it all. There were forty "big four" PPVs in the decade, each year's Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, SummerSlam and Survivor Series. I am asking you guys which one you thought was the worst.

My pick is probably the last big four PPV of the decade - Survivor Series 2009. You had one match on the entire card with a good buildup, which was the one where Legacy members challenged black wrestlers (with Christian randomly thrown in). The other SS match was weak and randomly thrown together. The most repulsive thing however was that BOTH world titles were defended in triple threat matches...with TAG TEAMS in both of them. What sense does it make to have three faces (Cena, HHH and HBK) in one title match? They could have just as easily had DX face Jeri-Show for the tag team titles, and had Cena defend the title against somebody different (such as Sheamus who was getting hot at the time). That would have left CM Punk to get a shot at Taker's title, perhaps in a street fight.

It was just such an uninspired pay per view and it's no wonder why Vince wanted to scrap the PPV concept after that. But what do you guys think?

Sheamus still didn't finish getting pushed. He was just in the survivor series match.

And Punk against Undertaker for the hundredth time? No thanks. Plus i was there live and it was hilarious and fun.

DX going against each other was a good bit, especially when HBK superkicked HHH at the beginning.

And the survivor series matches were always thrown together.

Even though it was in 2010, Survivor Series 2010. They only had 1 Survivor Series match, two guys whose feud wasn't even that big, as captains. How the hell is one of the smallest guys in WWE a captain over Big Show? And how the hell is a rookie who was the first person eliminated from his own team, a captain over a former World Champion like Jack Swagger? Also the two World Title matches were just absolutely dreadful. They didn't give Ted Dibiase & Kaval a chance in their US & IC Title matches. I was hoping WWE would keep Survivors around when I first heard they were gonna scrap it but after this, I'm hoping they would scrap it.

I always thought Survivor Series in general wasn't the best PPV to have out of the big four. Only when they had the traditional survivor series matches was it interesting and even then some story lines tend to be ignored if they do do it. I enjoyed the Survivor Series i think in 2006 when everyone, including all title holders were involved in Survivor Series Style matches. But overall I didnt like Survivor Series because it seemed like the storylines were made just to fill up match cards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back