What was Carlito's best match? (or matches)

Zigglerfan227

Getting Noticed By Management
Hey guys. This is my first thread so I will welcome critiques. Anyway, I am a huge Carlito fan and I wanted to see everyone's opinion on which match of his was the best. Also, you are welcome to post your favorite Carlito promo.

I'm not sure which of Carlito's matches were the best; alot of his matches are some of my favorite matches.

Get to posting!

he had a ladder match with jeff hardy on raw for the IC title. might of been the 3 hour return to USA. it was after he was convinced to stay in the WWE after asking to leave. he lost but it was a nice match. thought he was gonna win, after all jeff was in line for a title shot and didn't need the IC title. but i guess wwe was throwing him a bone before they buried him for requesting to be released.

he got traded to smackdown and wasn't seen from until after his brother went to smackdown. they had charlie haas dressed as carlito on raw fight primo in his debut. was mad they couldn't even have the real carlito wrestle his brother on his debut.

carlito was good on the mic, he was funny. definitely would do better color commentary than booker t on smackdown now.

Vengeance 2006
Triple Threat for the Intercontinental Championship
Carlito vs John Morrison vs Shelton Benjamin

The only reason I remember this is because I just recently watched this on dvd. Such a great match. It was very high paced and the chemistry between the three of them were perfect. Some of the moves involving the three of them were innovative and stole the PPV.

I think it was his match against Cena for the US championship. Carlito defeated Cena to win it i think. Of course Cena was not in «Superman Mode» yet :banghead:but still it was good to see Carlito beat his ass.

I'd have to agree with the Elimination Chamber. Well executed plan on having the "youth of tomorrow" Masters and Carlito team up to take out the others. Worked like a charm until he turned on Chris Masters.

Would be a genius way to beat Cena the next time around as well.

I agree with all of you. You all are bringing up some of his best work. In fact, I thought of each and every one of the matches that you guys mentioned and I still cannot make up my mind which of them is my favorite.

Gah! I miss Carlito. He was great when he wanted to be. That being said, my favorite match of his was Carlito vs. Randy Orton at Unforgiven, the year of which I can't remember. I think it was '07 or '08? I remember Cena beat Edge in a TLC match and Trish Stratus retired that night, so, I'm sure someone else can fill in the year. The end sequence to that match was fucking amazing.

Carlito is a prime example of someone with all the talent in the world that fucked himself up big time. His attitude destroyed his WWE future. Randy Orton was on the verge of going down that path for a while, if you remember.

My favorite Carlito match was when he fought John Cena for the WWE championship on Raw in the summer of 2005. I believe Chris Jericho might have been a special guest ref?

However, I'll always know Carlito for his promo work over his matches. And my favorite Carlito promo is.... WrestleMania 21. That's right. Austin was on Piper's Pit. Then Carlito interrupted. A brawl then broke out. Classic.

i liked his match against randy orton at a ppv. a lot of good technicality, spots, comebacks, and the finish was good. it was an all around good match

one of the best matches of Carlito i think like someone posted earlier, was in his debut on smackdown, he beat cena for the us title... i think it was october 2004...before cena started the superman mode ( the one he still has today...)

and one of his best promos has to be when he was away from tv like for 4 months or more and returned to criticize john cena and owned his ass right there, it was on 2009, a little time before he was released... the good thing about the promo it was he said what the mayority of the people think and wanna say to cena, that he's crap and it's worthless (except for selling merchandise...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcC35GC4INQ

i love this promo...

i don't know if in the forums you can post links from youtube, in case it is forbidden let me know and i will delete the link...

In my opinion, Carlito's best match was five years ago at Unforgiven 2006 when he met Randy Orton. However he lost, but he did a very good athletic stuff and that match is the first which come to my mind when I remember Carlito.

I didn't realize Justin LaBar was able to post threads!? LOL! Please don't give me an infraction for not answering the question. You gotta admit that was funny. I don't recall any significant Carlito matches ever. Sorry...Justin. We know it's you! ;)

All these videos make me miss Carlito :(

And I agree with the Triple Threat with Morrison and ?

That match was full of entertaining spots, mainly due to Carlito :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back