What To Do With Christian?

Ryder isn't an IWC darling at all, he's a modern superstar. IWC darlings can't talk and do a lot more moves than ryder. When I refer to the IWC, I'm referring to the typical move/flip counter who yells BOTCH anytime someone slips.

CM Punk's character has changed a LOT over the past 3 months. He's nowhere near as smarmy as he was and he's more of a straight up babyface fighting authority.

Don't confuse people who post on twitter with people who post on here. It's not the same. If the IWC and the normal people were the same, then it would be a uniform audience and Cena wouldn't get a mixed reaction.

I'm not saying Christian isn't over, I'm saying he's not this super amazing over main event heel that people on here think he is. He's in Kane's role, I don't even see how that's an argument.

You're right though, the IWC doesn't all have the same opinion. Luckily, many people have started to see it for what it is. You don't hear the phrase "workrate" or "botch" or "moveset" as often as you used to. It's because either the fat virgins got a life or because the IWC has finally started to listen to...everyone else and sees pro wrestling in a different light.

However, there is still a huge portion who think the old IWC way. Maybe I should rename the group of people I'm talking about. "Internet wrestling community" would technically include twitter followers etc. Maybe I'll just call the people who count moves and flips "the morons"?

Why do you always havew to generalise? That's what rascists and homophobes do. Just because I like Christian doesn't mean I have the same opinion as everyone else who likes Christian on every topic. Just reply to people personally instead of always generalising it's a stupid thing to do.

Ryder and CM Punk both became over first by appealing to the 'IWC' as you call it which quickly turned into everyone. Punk was hugely popular as soon as he did his promo because a lot of people know these terms now because the IWC consists of atleast half the fans these days. People that go on Youtube, Twitter or Facebook all use the same terms and things being said on forums you see it everywhere terms such as heel, face and so on. You really are foolish if you think they are totally separate and like I said you are obviously out of touch.

Not every single person that goes online and knows these backstage terms and such hate Cena like you would be led to beleive so of course Cena is still going to get a mixed reaction, that's your generalising again making you look stupid.

Also you say again you think Christian isn't as good as people on HERE think. Mate it's not just people on here you fool it's people everywhere it's all fans that's why he has been one of the top guys all year and been constantly getting big reactions. Orton-Christian is second to only Cena-Punk this year and that was both me being amazing but Christian carried that feud on the mic and outshone Orton in that regard. Stop letting your hate for the outdated IWC concept cloud your judgement and realise that Christian was one of the top guys this year and will probably be around the same spot once he returns.

Also you say again you think Christian isn't as good as people on HERE think. Mate it's not just people on here you fool it's people everywhere it's all fans that's why he has been one of the top guys all year and been constantly getting big reactions. Orton-Christian is second to only Cena-Punk this year and that was both me being amazing but Christian carried that feud on the mic and outshone Orton in that regard. Stop letting your hate for the outdated IWC concept cloud your judgement and realise that Christian was one of the top guys this year and will probably be around the same spot once he returns.
Christian was one of the top guys on a weak brand in a feud with a top 3 over babyface.

It's not outdated. When is the last time you've actually gone to a show? People don't say shit like "workrate" and 'moves". They know what heels are, faces, etc, but that doesn't make them smarky.

christian is popular, but he has a fairly niche fanbase. He's a fringe guy, much like Kane. I'm not talking shit on Christian, I'm simply saying that if you look at the WWE as a whole, he's top 10, but not top 5-8 overall in overness. Being a top heel on SD isn't the same thing as being a top heel on Raw. My point is that people on here overrate him. His hardcore fans overrate him.

Also, I generalise the IWC because every 5 seconds there's an anti-Cena thread, or a "which guy who wasn't over but did a lot of moves did the WWE misuse" thread or a "bring back so and so from back in the day" thread.

The audience isn't uniform. There is a distinct difference between people who come on message boards and people who simply follow/tweet.

We probably won't agree. You called me "mate" so I'm guessing you're an aussie, and maybe in Australia it is how you percieve it. I live in the middle of America, in the midwest there tends to be a larger number of "traditional' fans, so when I go to live shows, I see a very distinct divide in the fat guys with DB shirts chanting "best in the world" and "ROH" and the rest of the people who mostly just boo and cheer or chant "RKO RKO RKO".

I don't just mean heels. To me, the top slots belong to raw guys, then the top sd guys. Cena, Miz, Truth, Punk, Orton, Sheamus, and possibly henry. So maybe he's number 8, the number isn't important, he's "one of the top guys" but not elite.

Christian pretty much always gets good reactions, but he never really get the crowd into a frenzy. I still don't think you're getting my point. He's not bad, I don't think he's bad, I think he's in the kane role. He'll do whatever they want and has enough credibility to jump up in the main event for a while. He's there to help stabalize smackdown.

The fact that he's "maybe" the top heel on smackdown should show you that he's not one of the top elite guys.

I think you've taken my opinion entirely wrong. I'm saying he's clearly a tier below the elite guys, but he's an important guy because of his versatility. People on here act like he was blowing the roofs off arenas with boos when he wasn't. He was getting solid reactions in the main feud, against a very over babyface, on the number 2 show.
Miz and Truth are not more over than him by themselves at the moment, and certainly haven't been more over than him for a while when they weren't doing too much. Sheamus is about on the same level as him I'd say as they are both the second top face and heel at the moment i'd say and probally both soon to be the top again in the future. Henry probably is at the moment but that i like I said as soon as this run ends Henry won't have anywhere near the same amount of steam or heat as he has had the last few months. Christian was much more over than Henry when he was the top heel and feuding with Orton which was for long time. Cena, Orton and Punk are on a different level than everyone else so yeah.

I get your point I know you're not insulting Christian but let's face it the guys you named are not definately more over than him at all and the potential for Christian to become the top heel of Smackdown again can be at anytime so I think you're ranking him a bit low.

Christian was one of the top guys on a weak brand in a feud with a top 3 over babyface.

It's not outdated. When is the last time you've actually gone to a show? People don't say shit like "workrate" and 'moves". They know what heels are, faces, etc, but that doesn't make them smarky.

christian is popular, but he has a fairly niche fanbase. He's a fringe guy, much like Kane. I'm not talking shit on Christian, I'm simply saying that if you look at the WWE as a whole, he's top 10, but not top 5-8 overall in overness. Being a top heel on SD isn't the same thing as being a top heel on Raw. My point is that people on here overrate him. His hardcore fans overrate him.

Also, I generalise the IWC because every 5 seconds there's an anti-Cena thread, or a "which guy who wasn't over but did a lot of moves did the WWE misuse" thread or a "bring back so and so from back in the day" thread.

The audience isn't uniform. There is a distinct difference between people who come on message boards and people who simply follow/tweet.

We probably won't agree. You called me "mate" so I'm guessing you're an aussie, and maybe in Australia it is how you percieve it. I live in the middle of America, in the midwest there tends to be a larger number of "traditional' fans, so when I go to live shows, I see a very distinct divide in the fat guys with DB shirts chanting "best in the world" and "ROH" and the rest of the people who mostly just boo and cheer or chant "RKO RKO RKO".
You don't think he's top 8 in overness? Please name 8 superstars more over than him. He is more over than the supposed top heel atm on Raw Del Rio. He and Miz are probably pretty even but Christian has been more over than him too especially when Miz wasn't doing much for a while. So please again name 8 superstars more over than Christian. He always has the crowd invested in his matches on SD, Raw and at PPV's and always gets a good reaction.

You don't think he's top 8 in overness? Please name 8 superstars more over than him. He is more over than the supposed top heel atm on Raw Del Rio. He and Miz are probably pretty even but Christian has been more over than him too especially when Miz wasn't doing much for a while. So please again name 8 superstars more over than Christian. He always has the crowd invested in his matches on SD, Raw and at PPV's and always gets a good reaction.
I don't just mean heels. To me, the top slots belong to raw guys, then the top sd guys. Cena, Miz, Truth, Punk, Orton, Sheamus, and possibly henry. So maybe he's number 8, the number isn't important, he's "one of the top guys" but not elite.

Christian pretty much always gets good reactions, but he never really get the crowd into a frenzy. I still don't think you're getting my point. He's not bad, I don't think he's bad, I think he's in the kane role. He'll do whatever they want and has enough credibility to jump up in the main event for a while. He's there to help stabalize smackdown.

The fact that he's "maybe" the top heel on smackdown should show you that he's not one of the top elite guys.

I think you've taken my opinion entirely wrong. I'm saying he's clearly a tier below the elite guys, but he's an important guy because of his versatility. People on here act like he was blowing the roofs off arenas with boos when he wasn't. He was getting solid reactions in the main feud, against a very over babyface, on the number 2 show.

Miz and Truth are not more over than him by themselves at the moment, and certainly haven't been more over than him for a while when they weren't doing too much. Sheamus is about on the same level as him I'd say as they are both the second top face and heel at the moment i'd say and probally both soon to be the top again in the future. Henry probably is at the moment but that i like I said as soon as this run ends Henry won't have anywhere near the same amount of steam or heat as he has had the last few months. Christian was much more over than Henry when he was the top heel and feuding with Orton which was for long time. Cena, Orton and Punk are on a different level than everyone else so yeah.

I get your point I know you're not insulting Christian but let's face it the guys you named are not definately more over than him at all and the potential for Christian to become the top heel of Smackdown again can be at anytime so I think you're ranking him a bit low.
O my god dude. Christian got a rub from the Edge thing, then was in a lengthy feud against, at the time, the number 2 babyface. He was pushed as the top heel on the NUMBER 2 SHOW. He's not an elite guy. That's my point. There are absolutely no signs that point to him being an elite guy. He's at the Kane level. Do you agree with that? Or do you still think that being "one of the top heels" on fucking smackdown makes you elite?

I think it's crazy that the OP would suggest that Christian retire. He's been on undoubtedly his best run in the company yet while having arguably the best feud of the year with Randy Orton putting on some great matches to boot. Sure by the time he comes back he will have lost some steam and will have to contend with Barrett and Henry being the top two heels on Smackdown but he's certainly got a lot more to offer the WWE.

Simply put he should be the Chris Jericho of Smackdown when he returns. Someone who can put over young talent on the roster while also having great matches with the top guys on Smackdown. In a perfect world i would keep him heel and have him feud with Daniel Bryan for the briefcase as he realizes that getting the briefcase may be his only way of getting a title shot again. Those two could put on a wrestling clinic and would help get Bryan over as a main event guy in time for mania. Christian may not be back in time for that to happen but a man can dream right? :rolleyes:

O my god dude. Christian got a rub from the Edge thing, then was in a lengthy feud against, at the time, the number 2 babyface. He was pushed as the top heel on the NUMBER 2 SHOW. He's not an elite guy. That's my point. There are absolutely no signs that point to him being an elite guy. He's at the Kane level. Do you agree with that? Or do you still think that being "one of the top heels" on fucking smackdown makes you elite?
When did I ever say he's elite you moron. You said he wasn't even top 8 in popularity and I proved you wrong. I never said he was elite but he is one of the top guy's at the moment apart from Punk, Orton and Cena because they are on a different level than anyone else.

When did I ever say he's elite you moron. You said he wasn't even top 8 in popularity and I proved you wrong. I never said he was elite but he is one of the top guy's at the moment apart from Punk, Orton and Cena because they are on a different level than anyone else.
I was talking about how it seems he's percieved on here, not you specifically. People on here tend to overrate him. He's a very good wrestler, he's solidly over. That's all I'm saying. In otherwords, I feel like he's overrated by a lot of people on here.

I was talking about how it seems he's percieved on here, not you specifically. People on here tend to overrate him. He's a very good wrestler, he's solidly over. That's all I'm saying. In otherwords, I feel like he's overrated by a lot of people on here.
Stop generalising if you are replying to something I say then talk about what I'm saying not how he's 'generally perceived' on here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back