What song are you listening to right now?

At the very moment i am listening to the Raw theme song "Burn It To The Ground" by Nickelback. Nickelback is my favorite band i have been listening to them my whole life and i like the kind of music that they play. Dark Horse is my current favorite album at the moment.

Another instant smash for Ms. Perry. A little more low key from the #1 smash California Gurls, but still hotter than your irrelevant faves.

"We drove to Cali, and got drunk on the beach"
"Got a motel and built a fort out of sheets"
"Let you put your hands on me, in my skin tight jeans, be your teenage dream tonight".

The vocals are flawless, the lyrics speak to everyone from every race, country, ect and it's catchy, a perfect pop song <3 It totally put's me in a great mood and makes everything just right :)

Richard Ashcroft & The United Nations of Sound- America

[YOUTUBE]2BGuz6sCqj8[/YOUTUBE]

Ashcroft is the former lead singer of The Verve, who has released 3 solo albums and now this album, with his new band- The United Nations of Sound.

While the album hasnt blown my mind, there are several stand out tracks. The lead single "Are You Ready" is fantastic, track 4 "This Thing Called Life" is another really good song, but my favourite is this one- "America"

This is how I prefer Richard Ashcroft, a good catchy beat, great guitaring and the fantastic vocals that have made him a star. Overall, definately in the top 5 songs he has written as a solo artist.

The album is proving to be a grower as well, I am liking the other songs more and more on each listen, I definately recommend you checking out Richard Ashcrofts solo material.

New York
Are Your Ready?
Song For The Lovers
Break The Night With Colour
Check The Meaning
Keys To The World
Cry Til The Morning
This Thing Called Life

are all good places to start

Dragonfly - Shaman's Harvest
[youtube]M4sQfHD_b_E[/youtube]
Ever since they did Broken Dreams. They have quickly become one of my favorite bands right now. This is their most sucessful songs at the moment and I see why know b/c I can't stop listening to it. I think the singing is the one reason why I love the song so much right now

Avenged Sevenfold - Burn It Down
[youtube]rNOgvZRzwP4[/youtube]
Along with Shaman's Harvest, I just started listening to them now and this is my favorite song from them right now. I can't trust anyone; it just gets me everytime.

Thought I would kick it mid 90s style with this classic tune

[YOUTUBE]uB1D9wWxd2w[/YOUTUBE]

I absolutely LOVE Return Of The Mack, it is something I can never get tired of hearing, and I never met anyone who doesnt like it! Even all my metal-head friends enjoy it, pity they don't make music like this any more!

There is nothing better than cranking up the volume on this track at cruising in my BMW :) Love it

[YOUTUBE]pRpeEdMmmQ0[/YOUTUBE]

Waka Waka(This Time for Africa)--Shakira

I'm a dancer by nature and profession so most of the music I listen to is either upbeat dance,pop, or stuff you would hear in a strip club(which is where I wish to work).This song just makes me get up and move no matter where I am.

Edit: And Shakira is hot as fuck.

Well, Im not a huge fan of RPG's, or Final fantasy, but I love music. The first actual RPG ive played for a fair amount of time was FFX, and the theme is pretty awesome in my opinion. Its not the best battle music Ive ever heard, but its what Im jamming right now

[youtube]aRGjiFb6Fw0[/youtube]

Currenly I am listening to Maste of Puppets by Metallica for a couple of reasons, first off I am seeing them live in about two months so I am psyching myself up for that not that I really need to it is gonna be fuck*ng awesome. Secondly it is quite possibly the best Thrash Metal song ever, especially the first three or so minuites (up to the second chorus). Thirdly I am (attempting) to learn it on guitar so listening to it helps, I know all the riffs but cant play them at full speed, I know the first (slower) solo and am attempting (and failing) to lean the crazy fast second solo.

a old song

Karma chamelon by Cultre club its a great song IMHO
i heard it on DDR HP and have liked it since its a good love song Fourth best i have heard

[youtube]feo3phdlC9Q[/youtube]

"Keep the Lights On" by Wave Machines. I think the bassline in it is pretty rad. I heard it first off of Kid Cudi's "How to Make It In America" mixtape and thought it was a real cool, laid back track.

Blackest Eyes by Porcupine Tree

Great opening to one of their best albums imo, In Absentia. It has a great foreboding opening, and that main riff is just great. It has one of the best transitions out of a chorus imo ever, going from the line "Swim with me into your blackest eyes" back into that hard riff. And the breakdown is just sick. Great song.

I am listening to Kickstart My Heart by Motley Crue

I love Motley Crue and they just get me excited to go out and do anything...
I can't really listen to kiss which is actually my all time fav band because my husband said they are talentless hacks...so I stick to Motley Crue when he's home...

I'm changing it up a bit. I'm changing things up now and got a revolving bit going between 5 Finger Death Punch, with their song "Bad Company," still got the B.o.B. going, and Seether's "Broken" the original version, then the "Broken" version featuring Amy Lee, then gots my The Who "Greatest Hits" rolling around, then gots some more Seether, with "Rise Above This" and "Remedy", "Careless Whisper." Then I gots me some Pantera's "Walk," I also have Pearl Jam's "Rearviewmirror" (their greatest hits from 1991-2003.) I just love having this on random.

Hallowed Be Thy Name by IRON MAIDEN!

Getting pumped for Australias Soundave Fastival next year headlined by Maiden, awesome song and probs my favourite of theirs.

UP THE IRONS! <3

[YOUTUBE]dzhHLVaYT1M[/YOUTUBE]

Love the song, I forgot how the hell I came across it, I think it was in a Supernatural trailer. Nonetheless a great song, by a band I otherwise don't enjoy at all. Kinda odd I guess.

Good riff, and I absolutely love the start, and of course the chorus probably makes the whole song worth listening to, I think I wouldn't think highly of it without the chorus.

So I've had this song stuck in my head since first hearing it a couple days ago, I literally cannot get enough of it, I feel as if I could just put it on repeat and go for an endless bike ride where my muscles never get tired and I never run out of breath.

The song is called Epic last Song, and is off the new Skream album entitled Outside the Box. The album is a transition from Dubstep to more of an Experimental Electronic sound, and I must say that I'm quite impressed with the results. Now I can see where somebody who is ONLY a fan of Dubstep would be upset to have one of the top produces in the Dubstep community leave for greener pastures, but not me, as I am always looking for those greener pastures myself.

Here is the song that's been blowing my mind the last few days.

Reactions: Tim
So I'm still hooked on Skream's Epic Last Song, but another track released this week is becoming my new favorite this week.

The single was released by local Dubstep, Glitchhop artist Mimosa, who just so happens to be in my top three for Dubstep producers, and without Skream I would have no clue as to who mimosa is.

This song does a great job of defining the sound that is coming out of the Bay Area at the moment. The Bay is literally a giant melting pot of music, weather it's mainstream or underground The Bay has gots you covered.

The track is short and sweet, and leaves you craving more, easily in my top 5 all time Mimosa tracks, and I'm sure it'll be climbing the latter in its due time.

Right now im listening to The Diary of Jane by Breaking Benjamin this song is my all time favorite by breaking benjamin. I love this group i cant wait for their new album to come out

[YOUTUBE]jU9XrnF7mnc[/YOUTUBE]

Metallica, oh how I love this concert. This is by far my favorite song from Metallica, I will say that the live performance here isn't as good as the studio performance, I think the orchestra kills it a little bit. However it is still one of the greatest live performances I have ever seen. This concert with this song, made the original my favorite Metallica song.

Like I said in the Youtube Concert thread in the GSD section, if you haven't checked out the S&M concert. You've missed out on something.

Starfire - Dragonforce

I might get a lot of hate with this song, not sure how many people here actually like Dragonforce, and i'm sure a lot of people think they're crap. I think this is their best song. It doesn't have much of the usual guitar wankery that they usually put into their songs, apart from a short distorted guitar solo nearer to the end, and a little bit of it in an acoustic guitar solo! :p The keyboard intro, with Theart's powerful vocals, are a great build up into the epic accent where the distorted guitar hits and the drums come in. The best part of the song is it's soaring chorus, and they even manage to get in a huge chorus of singers behind Theart. This song is not what DragonForce usually puts out, but I think they should put out more songs like this. Easily their best song.

So in honor of The Polish Ambassador and his double album set for release on Oct 1 I figured I would post a song that I'm always listening to, one of my absolute all time favorites, and one that I don't think I'll ever be able to shake from my head.

The song is titled When the Robo B-Boys Just Kill It, and is one of the funkiest tunes your ever gonna hear, it's got a bit of an 80's feel to it, which only makes it better imo. Plus nobody is as funky with a Keyboard and a Synthesizer than The Polish Ambassador.

Right now I'm listening to this beast of a song by John Murphy, from the film 28 Days Later:

[YOUTUBE]ST2H8FWDvEA[/YOUTUBE]

Just a brilliant, brilliant song, anthemic yet haunting, loud yet beautiful. I am utterly hooked on this. I watched 28 Days Later a couple of weeks ago and was taken aback by just how good this is. I seem to remember it being used in Kick-Ass as well to good effect. But seriously, it's awesome. Songs called In The House-In A Heartbeat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back