• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What should REALLY be the main event?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Putting anything after HHH/Taker is like putting HHH/Jericho after Rock and Hogan. Even thought Jericho/HHH wasnt bad the crowd was so drained after Hogan/Rock and that was the true reason why MOST people watched WM18.

Go to WWE.com look the the WM matchcard. Before it had Edge vs Jericho on top (all the other matches where still on there just in different order). Now the top match is Taker vs HBK followed by Vince vs Bret then Batista vs Cena. I think this is a very clear sign wwe is having HBK vs Taker as the ME not to mention the hype and build for it.

I totally agree with you that the Cena/Batista program is the most interesting fued going on right now. Batista is a GREAT heel and I have never cared more for his character than I do right now. The fact that Cena has never beat him just adds to the magic of this rivalry. I have not been this intriged for a Mania Main-Event in quite some time and am honestly unsure who will win.

But HBK/Taker should Main-Event. With the rumors of Shawn retiring, the WWE should let him go on last for his final match. There is no way that this match wont be a classic and it will "send the fans home happy" which seems to be the tradition of the last several Wrestlemanias.

As much as Cena/Batista SHOULD be last, it almost guarantees that Cena would get his hand raised. Personally I would rather be surprised at the outcome than expect a Cena victory. There is no way a heel will go over to close the show, the WWE is too much of a business for that to happen.

As for Edge/Jericho, I personally couldnt care less. This fued just seems too forced, and Edge as a babyface with the whole "SPEAR, SPEAR, SPEAR" is pretty annoying.

The last three matches should go in this order:

Edge/Jericho
Cena/Batista
HBK/Taker

This is a tough one to call but I think we can say for certain that Chris Jericho v Edge will not be the show closer, which is a pity because of the whole "the winner of the Royal Rumble main events Wrestlemania" but last year was the first time this had happened since WM 21 so it's not that big of a deal any more. Plus the build up to Jericho / Edge has been weak and doesn't befit the status of the most important match on the biggest card of the year.

As for the other three matches they could all theoretically close out the show.

Bret Hart v Vince McMahon is a huge match, given their history, but you'd have to hazard a guess that from a match quality standpoint this won't be the best. Therefore you can't close out the Grandaddy of 'em All with a potential dud - although the pop will be awesome when Bret turns Vince into the Sharpshooter. This one won't headline on Sunday.

Now comes the tricky part. Undertaker v Shawn Michaels is a huge match, the biggest on the card even though there is no title at stake. However, the problem with this match is that whatever the outcome, a large number of fans are going to be disappointed. Whether you end the streak or HBK's career there will be a lot of fans in attendance that are pissed off, so for that reason I can't see this being the show closer either. If Shawn loses he can do the big goodbye on RAW if need be.

So for me the main event of Wrestlemania will be Batista v John Cena for the WWE Championship. The build up has been great, Big Dave's been an absolute revelation and it will send everyone home happy when Cena vanquishes the big, bad bully. At least, that's the way WWE will rationalise it, I'm sure there are plenty of people (myself included) who'd prefer it if Batista retained the title.

Wrestlemania 26 will end with Undertaker vs HBK. The reason? Unlike last year, there is too much at stake with the career vs streak stip. I think Vince will realize that this is the most important match and feud in years. And the fact that we will either see the streak end or HBK retire outweighs the any result of the two title matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back