What should be the matches to headline Wrestlemania 33?

The Wrestling Observer is reporting that WWE's Vince McMahon has nixed the idea for a John Cena vs. The Undertaker match up at WrestleMania this year. In my opinion, it's a bad decision. There's no one on paper better to challenge The Deadman on the biggest stage it also happens to be the biggest one they could pull off. Seeds have already been planted back in 2016, chants have been sang and it's getting quite obvious for the entire audience that John Cena and Undertaker have never locked horns since Cena's rise to the main event scene and to the #1 spot in the company. It's something that evidently a lot of people want to see and quite frankly, it's something we should see before it's too late.

To make matters worse, the rumor going around is that either Roman Reigns or Braun Strowman will be Undertaker's opponent. Nothing against either of the guys, but there's just nothing there. The sheer image of a confrontation between any of them and The Undertaker doesn't really get a reaction out of me. It's a cliche storyline and while Reigns may be more than ready for the big spot, he isn't the favorite that they would want them to be. Unless they somehow turn him heel, I don't see anything interesting in having him beat or be beat by The Undertaker at WrestleMania. Braun Strowman is just too green and I'll already have to endure a Lesnar vs. Goldberg classic.

John Cena vs. The Undertaker writes itself. If I remember correctly, in Cena's debut, both of them had a backstage segment so, how cool would it be, if it was that same guy who retired The Icon? It's such a cool story and if anyone can carry The Undertaker to a well round up match it's John Cena. It's a Legend vs. Legend. It's a first time ever since Cena became the star that he is.

It's a wasted opportunity, that's all that I am saying. Thoughts!

You're only hearing of this now? It's been all over the net all week. Latest reports state that Taker vs. Braun Strowman is not on the table, but there might be some sort of confrontation with them during the Royal Rumble. Latest reports state that Taker will be wrestling a star from Raw and that he won't be wrestling for a championship. If this turns out to be true, then I'm sort of a little relieved because there had been talk of Cena vs. Taker being for the WWE Championship and I don't really wanna see them go at it for the strap as they're really two guys in the company who're above championships. If Roman Reigns becomes Universal Champion and, again if all this turns out to be legit, then he won't be Taker's opponent either.

With that being said, it's impossible to predict Vince's state of mind during WrestleMania season. It can be difficult at any given time as he's known to change his mind often, but nothing compares to the chaos of Vince planning WrestleMania. The stories of him changing his mind so often as to drive creative and pretty much the whole damn roster crazy are the stuff of legend. So IF all this turns out to be exactly as Meltzer is reporting, then I do think there'll be a chance Taker will face Roman Reigns because earlier reports stated that Vince felt Taker vs. Reigns is a match that's more about "the future" as Reigns is someone who'll be one of the major stars in WWE for the next decade.

Is Taker vs. Reigns something of a waste? If you're someone that doesn't like Roman Reigns, then it absolutely is. Some fans don't like Reigns and won't ever embrace him for different reasons; some are genuinely resentful that he was given such a monster push before he was ready, some are resentful that he's being pushed at all as they feel there are much better talents on the roster, some just don't like him because Vince does like him, etc. But the fact of the matter is that unless Vince has a massive change of heart or steps down, Roman Reigns is all but guaranteed to be one of the company's top 3 to 5 guys for the foreseeable future. If it does turn out to be Taker vs. Reigns and Reigns goes over, the fans simply aren't going to embrace Reigns babyface manner if that's what Vince hopes. He'd be better off just turning Reigns full blown heel as that's the response he's gonna get during the match win or lose.

In some ways, I'd rather it be Taker vs. Reigns if a title isn't at stake because I think Styles and Owens have both earned the right to go into WrestleMania with their titles. If Cena's not wrestling Taker, then I'd say he'll probably wind up winning his 16th World Championship from AJ Styles at WrestleMania and if Roman Reigns doesn't defeat Kevin Owens for the Universal Championship or regain the United States Championship from Chris Jericho, then he has the strongest shot of going against Taker on the big stage.

I feel that the WWE is trying to make sure that if this is indeed Taker's last match it needs to be epic. This is why I would swerve my early post and maybe do this...

Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar
Roman Reigns vs. Goldberg (Universal Title)
Styles vs. Cena

* Have Taker defeat the 1 opponent that he lost to at Mania in his last Mania. Best way to close the chapter on the Dead-Man's career for sure.

Also I would modify my post Mania roster switches.

Uso's go to Raw and join heel faction with Reigns & Samoa Joe.
New Day still goes to Smackdown
Styles to Raw to rejoin The Club
Rollins to Smackdown (DX type angle with Ambrose)
Angle to Smackdown to pair with American Alpha
Banks and Lynch switch brands (Banks & Charlotte are the top ladies so why not let them carry each brand).
Zayn also to Smackdown as he is lost on Raw.

2 other side notes.

Stroman needs a voice (Paul Heyman) maybe???

Baron Corbin and Bo Dallas should join Wyatt Family after Orton breaks away. They are the premiere heel faction on Smackdown and need to stay strong after Orton bails.

Is Taker vs. Reigns something of a waste? If you're someone that doesn't like Roman Reigns, then it absolutely is. Some fans don't like Reigns and won't ever embrace him for different reasons; some are genuinely resentful that he was given such a monster push before he was ready, some are resentful that he's being pushed at all as they feel there are much better talents on the roster, some just don't like him because Vince does like him, etc. But the fact of the matter is that unless Vince has a massive change of heart or steps down, Roman Reigns is all but guaranteed to be one of the company's top 3 to 5 guys for the foreseeable future. If it does turn out to be Taker vs. Reigns and Reigns goes over, the fans simply aren't going to embrace Reigns babyface manner if that's what Vince hopes. He'd be better off just turning Reigns full blown heel as that's the response he's gonna get during the match win or lose.
I was wondering about that and thought it would be cool way to drove Roman over the edge when he loses championship match at Rumble, have him destroy everything in his way, enroll Rumble and just takes Taker down. Massive heat on Reigns in his third Rumble in a row to get massive heat and it sets up Taker- Reigns perfectly. Sadly with them refusing to turn him heel cant see that. And to the words of one of forum members, Taker could chockeslam a baby and people would still cheer for him. So it would probably be about title.

My Mania Card:

Cena vs Taker - Career vs Title. This is a no lose for Wrestlemania and is the biggest match they could put on. I think it legitimizes the whole card as being something truly important and is exactly how the Undertakers career should come to an end. I think win, but either way it works.

Owens Vs. Balor - Universal Title. This feels like a match that actually has legs. A man desperate to keep the title vs the man who never lost it. Legitimacy is on the line with two fantastic wrestlers. Should be brilliant and make the UniTitle look super legit.

Enzo & Cass (w/ Shawn Michaels) vs American Alpha (w/ Kurt Angle) - Interbrand match. Neither of these tag titles has any legitimacy and neither has a logical challenger. I would have Cesaro and Sheamus lose to Enzo and Cass at an upcoming PPV (alternatively the Club if you need a heel/face dynamic. But interbrand I don't think you need that). Having them fight the other champions might help build some legitimacy.

Chris Jericho vs Roman Reigns - US Title Match. After losing his US title Reigns wants his own back. After failing at the Rumble he sets his sights on regaining his US championship from Chris Jericho and with Owns distracted by his own title defense Jericho is vulnerable. Use this to set the seeds of a split when both men lose their belts and blame each other for being selfish. Sets the scene for Balor to move on to other feuds after Owens rematch and allows for the breakdown of Owens Jericho for their inevitable feud.

Dean Ambrose vs Baron Corbin vs Shelton Benjamin vs etc. etc. etc. - Intercontinental Title Match - Use this for the guys on the card with nothing else to do for mania. Include your share of high spots and it should be fun.

Shaq vs Big Show - Already set, nothing I can do about that.

Neville vs Whoever the Cruiserweight champion is - Cruiserweight title. Neville needs to be a badass dominant Cruiserweight champion. Give legitimacy to the brand. Have him prove he is the king of the cruiserweights and have the damn thing mean something.

Miz vs Daniel Bryan - If he is good to go, bring it on. This feud has been building for freaking years. If they can pull it off safely, go for it.

Charlotte vs. Bayley - Womens Title - Bayley goes over after being screwed half a dozen times between now and mania.

Alexa Bliss vs Mickie James - Womens Title - It literally doesn't matter.

Shinsuke vs Roode - NXT Title - Showcase NXTs chops, have Shinsuke drop the strap and have him called to the main roster the very next night. As part of the Smackdown WWE title Championship tournament they will no doubt call when the Undertaker wins and vacates.

This is how I want mania to be. As much as I DON'T want AJ to lose the strap, please don't think that. But Cena, Taker is HUGE.

Cena vs. Undertaker. This should be Undertaker's last match and I don't care who wins.

Reigns vs. Strauman
Brock vs. Goldberg
KO vs. Jericho
Orton vs. AJ
HHH vs. Rollins
Samoa Joe vs. Wyatt
Big Show vs. Shaq

Some of this can change and I won't care. I wouldn't mind a feud between Cena and AJ again, along with Taker vs. Strauman (if Taker is wrestling Cena next year).

Why don t you say that to Mr Steve Bordens face he has zero matches in him and he cannot take another bump! I am sure all the fans would like to see STING vs underflaker ! I said Reigns vs Cena can be an idea if he went for another title incase he doesn t beat AJ Styles!
Daniel Bryan will come back when wwe asks him to return and I am sure millions of fans would like him to recapture the title again and having Bryans vs AJ styles would blow the roof off!

Fans would LOVE to see Sting vs Taker. That's 100% fact.

Sting retired from in ring competition for a reason. His match with Rollins where he messed up his neck was his last match. IF he has another match, it'll be VERY limited physically for him, and that's something that is honestly a waste for him to do.

Daniel Bryan would love to come back. But until WWE doctors say he can go, then he's not stepping into a ring. If he wasn't that concerned with his health, he'd have asked for his release, been granted it, and went to Japan or wrestled in ROH. IF he does get cleared to wrestle at Wrestlemania, then yeah, it'll be against Miz, who happens to be one of the safest workers in the company. But let's also be real, if Daniel Bryan wrestles even one more match, he will have a toned down style. They won't let him do what he used to in fear of him doing serious injury.

That's why Sting and Daniel Bryan won't wrestle. They are proud of their in ring careers. They wouldn't want to tarnish it by wrestling in a match where they couldn't do what they do best. Would you really want to see them wrestle as a shell of their former selves?

It's important to note that the winner of the Rumble will go to the main event of Wrestlemania. That's why I think we should eliminate matches like Styles vs Miz, or Styles vs Wyatt from our cards.

I also doubt they want to have Taker in a title match, because Taker is in no condition to be holding world championships and should not lose at Wrestlemania, if it's not his last Wrestlemania. I feel like WM 34 will be his last, where he will lose once again, in the same city the Streak was broken.

However, I'd love it if they had one special MITB match take place at WM this year, so that Undertaker can win the championship the same night, only to lose it via cash-in the following night.

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
AJ Styles(c) VS Kurt Angle

Goldberg VS Brock Lesnar

WWE WOMANS CHAMPIONSHIP FATAL FOUR WAY ELIMINATION MATCH
Charlotte(c) VS Sasha Banks VS Bayley VS Nia Jax

WWE UNIVERSAL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Roman Reigns(C) VS Chris Jericho VS Kevin Owen VS Finn Balor

John Cena VS Samoa Joe

Undertaker VS Braun Strowman

WWE RAW TAG TEAM TITLE GAUNTLET MATCH
Sheamus and Cesaro(C) VS The New Day VS Gallows and Anderson VS Enzo and Cass VS Shining Stars.

Big Show VS Shaq

IC TITLE LADDER MATCH
Dean Ambrose(c) VS Miz VS Baron Corbin VS Kenny Omega VS Randy Orton VS Bray Wyatt VS Luke Harper

ANDRE THE GIANT BATTLE ROYAL
Kane, Mark Henry, Goldust, R Truth, Apollo Crewes, Heath Slater, Rhino, Apollo Crewes, Bo Dallas, Tye Dillinger, Dolph Ziggler, Rusev, Sami Zayn, Titus O'Neil, Darren Young, Jinder Mahal, Drew Gulak, Noam Dar, Tony Nese, Cedrick Alexander, Brian Kendrick, Aiden English, Simon Gotch, Curt Hawkins, James Ellsworth, Jack Swagger, Kalisto, Tj Perkins, Jay Uso, Jimmy Uso.

PRE SHOW.

WWE SMACKDOWN WOMANS TITLE MATCH
Alexa Bliss(c) VS Mickie James VS Becky Lynch

WWE CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE MATCH
Rich Swann(C) VS Neville

WWE UK CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Tyler Bate VS Pete Dunne

WWE SMACKDOWN TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH
American Alpha VS The Revival

Just want to ask the fellow posters here.. How would you feel about a Reigns vs Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar match for the Universal Championship?

I know that I wouldn't mind it.. Why have just two part-timers face each other? Let's use their momentum for a guy that could benefit and is on the main event level, but just has to get higher, a guy like Roman Reigns. Then the card could shape like this:

Undertaker vs Cena
Goldberg vs Reigns vs Lesnar
HHH vs Rollins
Styles vs Orton
IC title ladder match
Owens vs Y2J
Shaw vs Big Show
RAW Women's Fatal-4-Way

or like this

Undertaker vs AJ Styles
Reigns vs Goldberg vs Lesnar
Cena vs Ambrose
Rollins vs HHH
IC title ladder match
Y2J vs Owens
RAW Women's Fatal-4-Way
Shaq vs Show

Just want to ask the fellow posters here.. How would you feel about a Reigns vs Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar match for the Universal Championship?

I know that I wouldn't mind it.. Why have just two part-timers face each other? Let's use their momentum for a guy that could benefit and is on the main event level, but just has to get higher, a guy like Roman Reigns. Then the card could shape like this:

Undertaker vs Cena
Goldberg vs Reigns vs Lesnar
HHH vs Rollins
Styles vs Orton
IC title ladder match
Owens vs Y2J
Shaw vs Big Show
RAW Women's Fatal-4-Way

or like this

Undertaker vs AJ Styles
Reigns vs Goldberg vs Lesnar
Cena vs Ambrose
Rollins vs HHH
IC title ladder match
Y2J vs Owens
RAW Women's Fatal-4-Way
Shaq vs Show
Who would put Roman over though? Brock isn't gonna lose again. I don't think Goldberg is gonna put anyone other than Brock over. Putting them with someone else or in separate matches (god forbid) isn't really gonna end up being beneficial. The rub that would come from something like that isn't gonna elevate Roman or anyone that could REALISTICALLY work with them (that list is very very short). The only thing that could really elevate them is if they went over, and that's not gonna happen. Admittedly, I'm not super high on either guy at the moment so I have a bit of a bias but I think them working with just each other is for the best.

This card just hit me. I really can't think of a more perfect card at the moment.

*Pre-Show*

Cruiserweight Championship match
Neville wins

Tag Team match for the Smackdown Tag Team’s Championship
American Alpha(c) vs Random Smackdown tag team

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal IV

*Main-Show*

Singles match for the RAW Women’s Championship; Bayley’s career on the line
Charlotte(c) (w/ Nia Jax) vs Bayley (w/ Sasha Banks)
This is like Savage vs DiBiase from WM 4. Just like Hogan and Andre was in each man's corner, Sasha and Nia can be in Bayley's and Charlotte corner. The big feud heading into Wrestlemania will be Bayley vs Charlotte. You don't really need Sasha to wrestle. I think Sasha being in the corner of Bayley adds more to the rivalry of Charlotte and Sasha, a final chapter let's say. it also paves the way for a big summer feud between Bayley and Sasha.
Bonus point: Women opening Wrestlemania for the first time ever.

Triple Threat match for the RAW Tag Team’s Championship
Cesaro & Sheamus(c) vs New Day vs Enzo & Cass
RAW's top and most entertaining tag teams. They all can have promos before the match in order to get the crowd going.

8-Man Ladder match for the Intercontinental Championship
Dean Ambrose(c) vs Bray Wyatt vs Randy Orton vs The Miz vs Dolph Ziggler vs Baron Corbin vs Shane McMahon vs Sami Zayn
I think these guys need to be featured on the card. Sami is there because I had nothing for him on RAW. Let's just say that Daniel Bryan gives every wrestler who wrestled for the IC title the past year, a chance to compete in this ladder match. Also Shane is in there for some crazy spot.

Interpromotional match w/ The Club at ringside
Finn Balor vs AJ Styles
Dream match. WWE can get a big japanese audience with this. Plus interpromotional matches rock. This can go either way. Even a double turn is possible.

Fatal-4-Way match for the Smackdown Women’s Championship
Alexa Bliss(c) vs Nikki Bella vs Becky Lynch vs Mickie James
You need to have both women's championships being defended. Alexa and Bliss deserve the big stage. Add Nikki and Mickie for extra star power.

No Disqualifications match w/ Mick Foley as the special guest referee
Triple H (w/ Stephanie McMahon) vs Seth Rollins
This is coming. Add Foley and Steph for drama. Add No DQs to make it personal. Plus HHH is better under No DQs.

Tag Team match
Roman Reigns & Shaquille O’Neil vs Braun Strowman & The Big Show
Step down for Roman, but big step up for Strowman. Who wants to see Big Show vs Shaw one vs one anyway? You can protect Strowman by having Show take the pin. Hogan did it at Wrestlemania I, Roman can do it too here.

Singles match for the WWE Universal Championship
Kevin Owens(c) vs 2017 Royal Rumble winner Chris Jericho
Jericho has to win the Rumble in order to elevate this match. Nothing more to add here.

Singles match
Brock Lesnar (w/ Paul Heyman) vs Goldberg
No explanation needed.

Singles match for the WWE World Championship
John Cena(c) vs The Undertaker
Even if Undertaker doesn't win the Rumble, he can still challenge John Cena. He's freaking Undertaker. Cena will gladly accept that challenge, cause he's John Cena. 16-time world champ Cena vs Undertaker? Just like a modern day Hogan vs Andre, 30 years after the original. Ain't no better place than Wrestlemania 33 for this match.

Also add a segment with Angle and Rusev in there somewhere. I think it's great!

There's absolute shambles in the comments on the main site because of the card that's being reported, but I love it. Especially considering it looks like my dream scenario of Orton/Wyatt for the WWE Championship might not be much of a dream at all. (Although I'd prefer the roles to be switched).

Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar III - Possibly for the Unviersal Championship
Undertaker vs. Roman Reigns - Possibly for the Universal Championship
Triple H vs. Seth Rollins
John Cena vs. Samoa Joe
Randy Orton vs. Bray Wyatt - WWE Championship
Kevin Owens vs. Chris Jericho Possibly for the Universal or US Championship
AJ Styles vs. Shane McMahon
Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte vs. Bayley vs. Nia Jax - RAW Women's Championship

That's the rumored "main event" card and is very very close to the card I've had in mind for the past week or so. I can understand there being disappointment in AJ/Shane, but AJ was always going to be the odd man out. If they went with Taker/Cena and Orton/Wyatt, that would leave basically nothing for AJ (I don't think Joe is called up in this scenario, even if he was I have serious doubts they'd pull the trigger on an AJ/Joe feud). Putting him in a match with Shane is better than throwing him into some match with a Ziggler or a Baron Corbin.

As for Undertaker and Reigns? I didn't have that on my card, I had Reigns/Strowman and Undertaker/Finn Balor. But maybe going ahead with these plans signals that Balor won't be ready by WrestleMania time. I'm not completely against the idea of Reigns and Undertaker. I'm a closet Reigns fan (I guess not anymore) and I think a match between the two could be fairly good. As for how you would book it? I'm not even gonna touch that.

But overall I'm happy, and I hope these rumors end up playing out.

There's absolute shambles in the comments on the main site because of the card that's being reported, but I love it. Especially considering it looks like my dream scenario of Orton/Wyatt for the WWE Championship might not be much of a dream at all. (Although I'd prefer the roles to be switched).

Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar III- Possibly for the Unviersal Championship
Undertaker vs. Roman Reigns - Possibly for the Universal Championship
Triple H vs. Seth Rollins
John Cena vs. Samoa Joe
Randy Orton vs. Bray Wyatt - WWE Championship
Kevin Owens vs. Chris Jericho Possibly for the Universal or US Championship
AJ Styles vs. Shane McMahon
Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte vs. Bayley vs. Nia Jax - RAW Women's Championship

That's the rumored "main event" card and is very very close to the card I've had in mind for the past week or so. I can understand there being disappointment in AJ/Shane, but AJ was always going to be the odd man out. If they went with Taker/Cena and Orton/Wyatt, that would leave basically nothing for AJ (I don't think Joe is called up in this scenario, even if he was I have serious doubts they'd pull the trigger on an AJ/Joe feud). Putting him in a match with Shane is better than throwing him into some match with a Ziggler or a Baron Corbin.

As for Undertaker and Reigns? I didn't have that on my card, I had Reigns/Strowman and Undertaker/Finn Balor. But maybe going ahead with these plans signals that Balor won't be ready by WrestleMania time. I'm not completely against the idea of Reigns and Undertaker. I'm a closet Reigns fan (I guess not anymore) and I think a match between the two could be fairly good. As for how you would book it? I'm not even gonna touch that.

But overall I'm happy, and I hope these rumors end up playing out.
I personally want none of the bolded matches.

I have no interest in Goldberg Vs Brock Lesnar III whatsoever. There's no logic to have a trilogy when one side has won nothing.

And AJ Styles Vs Shane McMahon is a terrible matchup for sure. Just like when WWE teased Brock Lesnar Vs. Shane McMahon at Summerslam. There's no need to get Shane McMahon on the card especially when there are viable talented choices available unlike last year.

If they're gonna go with Taker vs. Reigns as one of the top matches, which is a strong possibility considering Reigns eliminated Taker at the Royal Rumble, then the only way this really pulls off successfully in front of the Orlando crowd is if this is the official heel turn for Reigns. There've been rumors this WrestleMania season that Vince would like to see a sort of generational passing of the torch thing with these two, but the fans are just not going to cheer for Reigns against Taker in that capacity, especially if they realize that it's highly likely that Reigns will win. If Vince still wants Reigns as "the face of the company", then the only potential way I see that happening in the long term is if he puts that whole "face" aspect off for a while and gives Reigns a good amount of time as a strong heel.

Even then, WWE will still have to be careful because I think fans will resent Reigns just as much, possibly even more, if they make him too strong of a heel. By too strong of a heel, I mean if they basically use the Brock Lesnar formula to make him come off as this all but untouchable, unstoppable heel that they feel is being shoved down their throats as many will equate it as Reigns still being forced upon them, just as a villain rather than a hero. Then, after a year or two, the sort of babyface run Vince is hoping for could happen and if not, then he may finally come to the conclusion that the fans just aren't going to embrace Roman Reigns as "the face" of the company in the same way as they did with John Cena.

Wrestlinginc.com listed the following as the RUMORED final WrestleMania card:

1. WWE Universal Championship - Goldberg (c) vs. Brock Lesnar
2. WWE Championship - Bray Wyatt (c) vs. Randy Orton
3. WWE Raw Women's Championship - Charlotte (c) vs. Bayley vs. Sasha Banks vs. Nia Jax
4. Singles Match - The Undertaker vs. Roman Reigns
5. Singles Match - Seth Rollins vs. Triple H
6. Singles Match - Chris Jericho vs. Kevin Owens
7. Singles Match - Shane McMahon vs. AJ Styles
8. Mixed Tag Team Match - John Cena & Nikki Bella vs. The Miz & Maryse
9. Singles Match - Big Show vs. Shaquille O'Neal
10. Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal

If this is legit, then it could've been the final list before Rollins was injured. There's also no mention of Jericho vs. Owens being for the United States Championship, which means Jericho may drop the title, possibly to Sami Zayn, before WrestleMania, nor is there any mention of a US title match. There's also no mention of the Intercontinental, Cruiserweight, SmackDown Women's or either set of the WWE Tag Team Championships. Half of the card is made of some sort of special attraction or part timer matches.

All in all, I'm not all that impressed if this is the final card. As a whole, Vince seems to be going for name recognition rather than match quality. Goldberg vs. Lesnar will probably be short as the longer it goes, the more likely it'll flat out suck balls. I don't expect much out of Taker vs. Reigns as I don't think Taker can really go anymore. AJ Styles deserves better than to be put into a bout with Shane McMahon, who shouldn't even be on the card in my opinion, Big Show vs. Shaq holds zero interest for me whatsoever, the mix tag team match should be on the kickoff show but it won't be because of Cena's involvement, the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal is ultimately a means of getting all the male members of the roster onto the card, the SmackDown women look as though they're getting completely pie faced.

As a long time supporter and defender of this card, I have to admit that the more I see it the less enthusiastic I am. The names that are gonna be relegated to either the pre-show or the Andre Battle Royal are insane. Dean, Sami, Sheamus, Cesaro, New Day, Corbin, Harper, JOE!! FUCKING JOE!!

The card is also too RAW heavy. I know that was to be expected but throw SD a bone and put the IC title on the main show, or at the very least let them be able to showcase their women on the main show. This would be twice in a row now that Smackdown's women had to be relegated to the pre-show while RAW's women were on the main show. I know that would make it an 11 match main show but I honestly think they can do it. Looking at this card I see MAYBE one or two 20 minute matches on it, definitely not any 30 minute matches. I see a lot of 10-15 minute matches, a few under 10 minutes and a main event that needs to be under 5 minutes to avoid being a dumpster fire. I think they're gonna have the time to add an extra match onto the main card especially considering last year ran almost an hour over.

... Unless they need to reserve 30 minutes for a Rock promo that ultimately won't accomplish anything.

So here is my re-worked card with new storyline (Joe on Raw, Rollins injured, etc...)
* With it being Mania I think you can do cross-promotional matches and then maybe adjust rosters after Mania

Chamber - Cena retains
Fastlane - Goldberg defeats Owens

* Randy Orton comes out on Smackdown and says he's passing on his title shot because he wants something more. Brock Lesnar in a cage at Wrestlemania!!!

New Mania Card
1) John Cena (WWE Champion) vs. The Undertaker
2) Goldberg (Universal Champion) vs. Roman Reigns
3) Brock Lesnar vs. Randy Orton (Cage Match)
4) Wyatt Family (Bray, Harper, & B. Corbin) vs. The Club (Styles, Anderson, & Gallows)
5) Charlotte (Champion) vs. Asuka
6) Dean Ambrose and ??? vs. HHH/Samoa Joe
* His mystery partner - The Rock !!!! (everyone thinks it's going to be Rollins)
7) Smackdown Womens (Fatal 4-Way) - Bliss vs. Natalyia vs. B. Lynch vs. N. Bella
8) Bailey vs. S. Banks (Raw #1 contender)
9) Andre Battle Royal (Stroman wins easily)
10) New Day vs. Enzo/Cass (Raw Tag Titles)
11) The Miz vs. Sami Zayn (I-C Title)
12) Kevin Owens vs. Chris Jericho (US Title)
13) Cruiserweight Title Ladder Match - Open the show (6-8 guys)

Now that would be a show!!!

3. WWE Raw Women's Championship - Charlotte (c) vs. Bayley vs. Sasha Banks vs. Nia Jax

If this is legit, then it could've been the final list before Rollins was injured. There's also no mention of Jericho vs. Owens being for the United States Championship, which means Jericho may drop the title, possibly to Sami Zayn, before WrestleMania, nor is there any mention of a US title match. There's also no mention of the Intercontinental, Cruiserweight, SmackDown Women's or either set of the WWE Tag Team Championships. Half of the card is made of some sort of special attraction or part timer matches.

All in all, I'm not all that impressed if this is the final card. As a whole, Vince seems to be going for name recognition rather than match quality. Goldberg vs. Lesnar will probably be short as the longer it goes, the more likely it'll flat out suck balls. I don't expect much out of Taker vs. Reigns as I don't think Taker can really go anymore. AJ Styles deserves better than to be put into a bout with Shane McMahon, who shouldn't even be on the card in my opinion, Big Show vs. Shaq holds zero interest for me whatsoever, the mix tag team match should be on the kickoff show but it won't be because of Cena's involvement, the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal is ultimately a means of getting all the male members of the roster onto the card, the SmackDown women look as though they're getting completely pie faced.

And I'm here to ask, why in the blue hell a guy that has been in main event matches all year long, doing double duty as a world champion and is one of the most over babyfaces on the roster, IS NOT IN THE MAIN CARD?

Where is Dean Ambrose? They must be joking right? RAW gets the best treatment and Smackdown gets the absolute shit. Total garbage. They need Shane to wrestle? Why?

Owens is facing Goldberg and Lesnar in his next two special event matches probably. Why not have him SURVIVE them both? What the hell will Brock Lesnar do with the belt after Wrestlemania?

Total waste. This year's Wrestlemania is nothing more than just a special attraction thing. Names only. Everything sucks. I really hope they change their plans. I was ready for one year not to get salty, and then they throw me no Ambrose and Styles vs Shane.

I'm still hoping that these rumors are just rumors.

And I'm here to ask, why in the blue hell a guy that has been in main event matches all year long, doing double duty as a world champion and is one of the most over babyfaces on the roster, IS NOT IN THE MAIN CARD?

Where is Dean Ambrose? They must be joking right? RAW gets the best treatment and Smackdown gets the absolute shit. Total garbage. They need Shane to wrestle? Why?

Owens is facing Goldberg and Lesnar in his next two special event matches probably. Why not have him SURVIVE them both? What the hell will Brock Lesnar do with the belt after Wrestlemania?

Total waste. This year's Wrestlemania is nothing more than just a special attraction thing. Names only. Everything sucks. I really hope they change their plans. I was ready for one year not to get salty, and then they throw me no Ambrose and Styles vs Shane.

I'm still hoping that these rumors are just rumors.

If cards were made based off of work rate, Goldberg and Lesnar would be doing a dark match prior to a taping of Main Event.

Not that I disagree with you, though.

I'm fairly confident there will be an 11th match on the main card which will have to go to Smackdown and either feature Dean as the IC champion, or the women. Smackdown's women can't keep getting shafted (maybe a poor choice of words) and put on the pre-show while RAW's women get to be on the main show, it's just not right or fair.

But even then that still leaves tons of people who don't deserve to be but will be put on the pre-show because they have to take backseats to part timers and/or people that don't have to be on the card.

If cards were made based off of work rate, Goldberg and Lesnar would be doing a dark match prior to a taping of Main Event.

Not that I disagree with you, though.

I'm fairly confident there will be an 11th match on the main card which will have to go to Smackdown and either feature Dean as the IC champion, or the women. Smackdown's women can't keep getting shafted (maybe a poor choice of words) and put on the pre-show while RAW's women get to be on the main show, it's just not right or fair.

But even then that still leaves tons of people who don't deserve to be but will be put on the pre-show because they have to take backseats to part timers and/or people that don't have to be on the card.

I have no problem with part timers, but I got to say, this year's Wrestlemania has far too many of them. Lesnar, Goldberg, HHH, Undertaker, Shane, Shaq, Big Show and now we can also add Cena.

I hear you. Even though I'm not into it I do understand the need for Lesnar/Goldberg.. At least they have an angle going where it makes sense for them to meet at WM. It is a business after all.. But other than Orton/Wyatt & Jericho/Owens the rest of the card feels forced and very gimmicky.

They don't need Shane or a washed up Undertaker on the card. Force feeding them into WM is what is messing up the card imo. They have enough big names and special attractions this year to sell the ppv.

Likely WM is going to really stink if the rumored matches come off for other than Owens vs Jericho, the rest of the card features guys who can't do any work. The women's match should be okay but how does putting the universal belt on either Goldberg or Lesnar make any sense?

Folk have been saying for years 'Taker can't go anymore'. It is an absolute fallacy. He didn't look his best at the Rumble but he was only in it for a few minutes so probably didn't even bother to train. Taker will know more than anyone if he can still go and I doubt he would put himself in that situation if he couldn't.

I am sold on Reigns vs Taker.

Dave Meltzer knows jack shit and if he throws enough shit at the wall something will stick. Half of those matches are pretty obvious anyway. Even us outsiders could guess them!!! No Intercontinental, Smackdown Womens or Smackdown Tag matches????!!! Behave Meltzer.

My personal changes to that would be

WWE Championship - John Cena (c) vs Randy Orton vs Bray Wyatt

Cena retains through some controversy at the EC which means Bray is inserted in to the match lessening the odds of him retaining. Wyatt turns on Orton and wins the Gold at Mania.

United States Championship - Chris Jericho (c) vs Kevin Owens

There has to be a US Championship match at Mania so why not make this for the gold? It lessens the need for filler matches.

Intercontinental Championship - Dean Ambrose (c) vs The Miz vs Dolph Ziggler vs Apollo Crews

Make this a 4 man ladder match. Entertaining and gets more superstars on the card.

Inter promotional Tag Match - Gallows & Anderson (c) vs American Alpha (c)

Raw Champs vs Smackdown Champs. Simple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back