• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What PPV Told The Greatest Story?

Low_Ki

Former WZCW Tag Team Champion
Now I know, there have been thousands upon thousands of PPV's across many different organisations. I am opening the floor to any story that was told throughout a three hour period. For example, Stone Cold and the Undertaker busting each other open all night before their first blood match.

Alas, that was just an example.

My choice would be the Survivor Series 1998 Deadly Game tournament. I was a massive Steve Austin fan and telling a great story which included two major heel turns (The Rock and Shane McMahon), one face turn (Mankind) and a new WWF Champion really sold me.

The PPV literally set up the road to Wrestlemania 15.

Please state your choice and explain why.

Deadly Games IS the greatest PPV of all time for storyline purposes. As stated above there's heel turns, faces turns, a title change. There was also Big Bossman losing is several seconds which was not only a massive shock butr it worked perfectly is keeping The Rock's heel turn under wraps.

It featured massive stars and each of them were preserved, with none coming away from the show looking weak. It's just a shame the in-ring action was largerly terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back