• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What now for Jesse?

timmy872

Pre-Show Stalwart
Okay, so we've covered Festus, who in my mind has a brighter future than Jesse, but who knows?

Jesse has no real future, unless he is re-packaged and brought back heel.

I don't really know what the future holds for him.

Perhaps a tag team with someone else, looking at the roster I can't see anyone who'd fit, Charlie Haas?

Or will Jesse just become Kung Fu Naki's tag partner to be squashed by upcomnig tag teams?

Anyone have any ideas how Jesse COULD succeed on his own?

I bet he will be given his release papers anytime now. The team of Jesse and Festus was all about Festus. Can you even remember anything slightly important Jesse did. Unfortunately the writers did a poor job building his character. Now there is nothing left but the door.

He needs a personality, like alot on the WWE roster. At the minute Jesse is nothing more than a Southener, Who talks as if there is a naked women in front of him. He needs a hook, Something that people can relate to, Like your Jeff Hardy's, Or John Cena's.

Jesse is a good wrestler without a personality to build on. For him to be over as a singles guy he'll need to drasticly change his character/gimmick. He will NOT make it if he remains the Jesse he was with Festus. Change his gimmick, change his ring attire and music and make him heel. Then he'll have a chance. However he'll probably just turn into a jobber for a year or so then be released.

Yeah he's gone soon and likely festus as well. Their characters have been on tv how many times in recent months? Even with the draft, Festus' joke is running long already. That's a gimmick that can only work for so long without it losing its charm. As for Jesse, he was little more than a mouthpiece for Festus anyway, so why should he stay? Jesse will be gone very soon.

Unless they finally bring up the fact that Jesse is the son of Terry Gordy along with a gimmick overall I see him getting his walking papers before he ever make another on air appearance.

Jesse is as good as gone. The guy's been a jobber since his very first match, if you think about it. Even when he and Festus won their matches, it was all due to Festus. And I don't think Jesse's ever won a singles match yet, has he?

The Gordy connection isn't really going to do anything for him. His reputation is shot already by playing this character and being destroyed by the rosters left and right. Its not like him coming out, saying he's 2nd gen, and calling himself Ray Gordy is suddenly going to change him into Intercontinental champion material.

Future endeavored in the first round of cuts that are soon to come, along side Ricky Ortiz, DJ Gabriel, and possibly Sim Snuka.

Yeah Jesse wont last long, heel turn is defo his best option though... but even then you fail to see who he would feud with and if the fans would really care

Smackdown has a solid midcard already and i don't think pushing Jesse would be a worthwhile use of time, so he'll probly spend the rest of his time in the WWE jobbing to guys like Mike Knox, Dolph Ziggler, Tyson Kidd and any other rising midcard heels. He might show up as filler if they do a 20 man over the top rope elimination match or a lumberjack match, but besides that i don't see him going anywhere

I don't see what the big deal is. Jesse is a solid wrestler, and he can handle the mic rather well. His gimmick right now doesn't call, and didn't call for any serious role. He was the tag team partner of a slightly autistic character. No, he isn't the future of the of the industry, but keep him around he is a Gordy.

Jesse Gordy should do a program with Michael PS Hayes. Have Jesse come out on Jericho's show. Talk about the good ole' days with Hayes. Finally telling the world that he is the son of Terry Bam Bam Gordy. Jericho would look disgusted. Then Jesse asks Hayes if he could carry on the tradition of the Fabulous Free Birds. Somehow Jesse manages to get a FreeBirds chant going. Jesse says he found the perfect tag team partner, and wants to introduce him.

Out comes Wes Brisco. He gets in the ring, and Jesse has the whole thing going well. Jesse asks if he may have permission to carry on the "legacy" of the Free Birds. There is a strong pause, but Hayes says he would be honored. Both Jesse/Wes are celebrating like young kids on their first big christmas. The old Free Birds theme starts kicking. Jericho leaves the ring in disgust, but then all attention is turned towards a celebrating Hayes with his back turned. Then, Jesse nails Hayes with a hard right hand.

The two men start whipping Hayes's ass. They beat him to a pulp. After they are done they leave to a crowd of boo's.

Jesse is a solid wrestler, and he can handle the mic rather well.

Didn't you know? WWE doesn't want wrestlers. They want entertainers. So, unless Jesse gets a complete makeover, with a decent gimmick, I reckon he'll soon be turning up in TNA's X Division.

I can see Jesse forming a tag team with Jimmy Wang Yang. I mean both have that whole redneck/cowboy kind of gimmick so it would make sense as to why they're teaming together. With that being said I doubt they would be pushed as a tag team. More likely used as tag team jobbers for new tag teams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back