What now for Abyss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that it has ended the fued, because it was boring, and if he becomes like Kane it will prove that Russo cannot think of any storylines anymore. He has no good ideas so he has a drink at home and watch old WWE tapes. This is what he sees

2003, Stone Cold reminding Kane of old times, King of the Ring 1998, to be precise, where Kane beat Stone Cold for the WWF/E title in a First Blood match, he is asking where the monster is, so June 26, 2003, Raw-main event, Triple H vs. Kane, title vs. Mask (World title)
Kane loses he takes his mask off, then turns into a monster, through his fued with Shane O Mac he is a monster, then at Survivor series 2003 he buries The Undertaker alive, then he turns paranoid (I'm not disputing the fact that I would be) because he is getting signs of The Undertakers return at WrestleMania XX, then he isnt a monster, he just has some pointless fueds, Russo fell asleep before that bit, so he thinks, 'who on my roster is a masked monster?' Then what, 3-4 years later he repeats the mask stunt with Abyss (except he didnt lose a match, he just took it off) Abyss, if he returns as Abyss will just go into more pointless fueds, and if he returns as Chris Parks, will just turn into a normal wrestler.

I would have to agree with the last few posts about Mesias. I really thought he was awesome. I know they were thinking about bringing him back when Abyss came back but they won't. They will probably just put Abyss in a stupid feud where he will wither away in mid-card purgatory. Which is a waste to be sure. I am not sure if Angle is still champion because I haven't watched TNA since both Mesias and Abyss left but it doesn't seem like he is trying to push any younger guys. At least Booker T is trying to do that much. But anyway I wish they would bring Mesias back, at least he made TNA worth watching again. I sur edo hope TNA doesn't screw this up but they somehow they will. I will watch it when Abyss comes back just to see what they do with him. I think it will be something ridiculous though. I know he can't stay masked forever but at least keep him like a monster. He needs to stay that way, it suits him.

:undertaker2:

I agree with you Obsidiana. I read online that there is talk of bringing back Mesias when Abyss comes back - however, this is not a lock. I can't recall where I read it. Regardless, I don't think that TNA will bring him back. I could be wrong. I think that they want us to keep watching and waiting but, they will drop the ball on this. It's a shame that good talent like Mesias, Abyss and James Mitchell are off of our televisions because TNA is lacking in a creative department. I could write a thousand scenarios to keep all three men working on-screen with new gimmicks. I had to laugh when I read that Mesias was let go because the creative dept didn't have storyline for him. I would change the name of their creative dept and fast! I have VIP admission to the Impact Zone tapings and decided to boycott the tapings since Mesias was let go. I even passed on the tapings this week - live show included. I am not wasting my time to stand in line for the same old matches. I will tivo the show - as usual - and watch bits and pieces. I am afraid that your observations on Abyss getting stuck in mid-card purgatory is going to be exact...even if he is on the non-creative team behind the scenes. He has alot of potential to become the a main eventer but, I just don't see TNA using him that way in the near future. I don't think their creative dept is that creative anymore.

Atleast TNA is building to a good suprise for there fans in the future. Sting just came back, and that was just awesome. But besides that, theres not a lot of shocking returns left for now. Unless Jeff Jarret came in for a shot, which would be just awesome, too. But Abyss' return will be one of those great pro wrestling moments, where he comes in and makes the save for somebody. Especially as a babyface who comes out of the crowd and helps other babyfaces out, then dissapears without fully showing his face.

My prediction is a return preety soon under the name Chris Parks. It looks like James Storm is joining Tomkos Lethal Lockdown team, so Team Cage needs another member. Let's hope it's not a ''suprise'' return for Jeff Jarrett.

Hopefully he'll recover and have a decent rivalry, rather than another abortion like his feud with Judas Mesias. Perhaps a rivalry with Robert Roode, so Booker T can do something else ehy? (if he's not King Booker anymore, then I see little point in Sharmell other than getting in the way and making Booker Ts character less fun. She needs written off after the Roode - Booker feud ends, which by the looks of things could be anytime soon seeing as most people thought it would die months ago.)

Abyss in my mind has alot of talent. but they really weakened his character with their whole making him more human angle. For a gimick that isnt really original abyss worked it well. but its at a point where how many times do we wanna see this guy in hardcore matches leaving and then getting in another hardcore match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back