• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What Makes Linkin Park So Unique For You?

ABMorales787

Lord And Master
Staff member
Administrator
The popular California-based band has been hugely popular since coming to the scene in 2000. Still going quite strong. They feature a very unique sound. The heavy but melodic voice of lead singer Chester Bennington. The electronic sound effect added by DJ Joe Hahn. The rap flavor brought on by Mike Shinoda. This band can basically go from Nu Metal to Rap from one track to the next. The band also has worked on many side projects. Mike Shinoda has worked on an all Rap album as Fort Minor. A successful album with quite a few unique tracks. Chester Bennington has Dead By Sunrise. A more contemporary Rock group. Their albums all have very different sounds. I don't know if there are many fans of them here, but I've been one since their first album. If you don't like 'em, but that's OK. If you are a fan. What make's the group unique for you? What's your favorite aspect about the band? For me, it's Mike Shinoda. He adds a very unique flavor to it. Whenever he's on the mic, he sticks out with ease. I loved his all-rap Fort Minor album, Rising Tide.

So, what does it for you?

Hmm, tough question. Truly. For me it's the rare but undeniable level of suck they manage to reach consistently and almost with out any apparent effort. That my friends is quite the task/talent.
I often wonder if it was an over-night thing, or if they had to really work long and hard to develop a sound that is so taxing on the ears. I'm willing to bet it was a natural gift each member possessed that they they honed via years of joint practice. Never have so many unique and varied individuals come together to produce something as authentically mediocre in concept or execution.
While the man's name currently escapes me, I'm always left in awe as the one member who's job it is to press key pad buttons on the drum/synth machine somehow has the high level of skill and precision to not only hit the pads on beat but also thrash around like a complete douche at the same time. He easily surpassing the high standards of awkwardness and spasticity set by keytar players generations prior that I think we all previously believed to be insurmountable.
Truly I don't think I can recall ever hearing whining and complaining backed by such paradoxically strong sonic impotence. You'd think after bilking the record buying public out of so much of their hard earned money --making the band member's very rich in the proccess-- they would find at least a modicum of happiness and have no further need to release albums containing the same whiny drivel as when they were petulant up-and-coming youngsters in "the biz". And yet, as if to test to the theory of failing forward/upward they've really stuck to their guns and put out the same stuff year after year showing they're truly committed to developing their own unique brand of aural pissing and moaning to it's consequential apex. Hats off to ya' boys, you're all a lot better than me for that level of persistence.

Yea, I don't like 'em.

There's not really anything that makes Linkin Park truly unique for me in terms of style, because I know I could find a band with the particular style in any other given Nu-Metal band.

Personally what I do like about Linkin Park although is the firm balance between rap and normal singing, I have always loved Chester Bennington's voice, he has a great talent in terms of switching between a regular acoustic like voice, and the growling he does.

The first song I got into was In The End, and it appealed to me from the very second I heard the song, it was new and fresh to me at an age of 8-9 years old, and I simply remained interested in them.

While Linkin Park has changed their style over the years, to explore new ways of Nu-Metal as well as Alternative Rock, I do still like them, Chester and Mike remains to be great lyrical artists.

Mike while he's no Eminem, has some great flows on the microphone, and I've also liked some of his Fort Minor stuff.

Chester who's just an overall great singer, where I've also enjoyed some of his side stuff with Dead By Sunrise and his one song with DJ Z-trip (The song "Walking dead")

I like Linkin Park because their style is so diverse, they have something for just about everyone. What makes them so unique for me is how each one of their cd's takes their sound in a different direction. Hybrid Theory had a great mix of rap and rock to it, Reanimation was rap remixes of Hybrid Theory, Meteora was more heavy rock, Collision Course did a great job of meshing LP songs with Jay-Z's songs, and then there was Minutes to Midnight which had a softer sound. They are all different. Ferbian also brings up a great point in how Chester can switch so well between regular singing and screaming. They are one of my favorite bands and have been since around 2001.

I dont think Linkin Park are particulary unique, but I do like them

For me it is Mike Shinoda, I think his raps fit perfectly into Linkin Park's style, and contrast so well with Chesters harsher louder vocals. they are definately one of the best things to come out of the nu-metal scene

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back