What is your most memorable money in the bank reign/cash in?

Most memorable money in the bank reign and cash in

• Edge (1)

• RVD

• Mr.Kennedy/Edge (2)

• CM Punk (1)

• CM Punk (2)

• Jack Swagger

• Kane

• Miz

• Alberto Del Rio

• Daniel Bryan

• John Cena

• Dolph Ziggler

• Randy Orton

• Damien Sandow

• Seth Rollins

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sheamus' Suntan

A hound of justice
Up to now, we have had 15 money in the bank winners. 14 times we've seen cash ins, and we currently have Seth Rollins in charge of the case. The intrigue with him is when he'll cash in, and if he'll make a memorable moment out of it.

So...who else have we had?

Edge (1)
Edge won the first case at Wrestlemania 21 in the inaugural match for the case. He went on to cash in against John Cena after an Elimination Chamber match at New Years Revolution in 2006. This kick started Edge's career as a top heel, and started the Cena vs Edge saga for the WWE title.

RVD
RVD went onto win at Mania 22, and made no secret as to how he would cash in. ECW would host One Night Stand, and RVD wanted John Cena in the main event. This would lead to RVDs one major reign, cemented in one of the most heavily crowd biased matches ever seen.

Mr Kennedy/Edge (2)
Ken Kennedy won at mania 23, but 36 days later found himself challenged by Edge for the case. Kennedy made history by being the first man to lose the case before he could cash in. Edge then joined smack down as a result, and cashed in successfully on The Undertaker.

CM Punk (1)
Punk won the case at Mania 24, and cashed in after Batista destroyed Edge. This saw Punks first reign as champ, which was soon taken off him due to a forced "injury".

CM Punk (2)
Mania 25 came around and Punk did it again, making history by becoming the first man to win the case twice. He cashed in on the same title, the World Heavyweight title, moments after Jeff Hardy won his first ever world title, cementing himself as the heel of the blue brand.

Jack Swagger
Swagger was the last mania winner, winning the case at wrestlemania 26. He went onto win the title from Chris Jericho due to an attack from Edge.

Kane
Kane won the case at the inaugural money in the bank PPV in 2010. He went onto make history, cashing in against Rey Mysterious the same night. He was the first mab to cash in the same day as winning the case.

The Miz
The Miz held onto his case for 127 days, holding it from his win at Money in the bank 2010, until November 22nd 2010. Cashing in on RAW, against Orton, he went onto be the main event of RAW for months to come.

Alberto Del Rio
Winning at Money in the Bank 2011, Del Rio was first summoned to take the title at the start of the Summer of Punk. Del Rio got met with a kick to the head as Punk left the building and supposedly the WWE forever with the title. One month later, Punk is back and facing Cena for the title. Del Rio cashes in against Punk and wins the title following an attack by Kevin Nash.

Daniel Bryan
Also at Money in the bank 2011, Bryan gave the IWC the shock of their life as he won the case. He went onto cash in against Mark Henry, despite promising he would cash in at Mania (and shave his beard). The match was nullified, due to Henry being unable to compete, and Bryan would go onto challenge Henry again at TLC, cashing in after Henry and Big Show went at it in a chairs match.

Dolph Ziggler
Money in the bank 2012 saw Dolph winning the case. He would defend it twice, hold it until the night after wrestlemania and then cash in against Del Rio. He would have to relenquish the title due to concussion just a month later.

John Cena
Also at money in the bank 2012 we saw our first all stars ladder match. Only previous wwe title winners could enter, and the world predicted it; John cena won. What wasn't heavily expected was an interferance from Big Show which would cost Cena his cash in against CM Punk. Cena would be the first to lose his opportunity as a result.

Randy Orton
2013's event would see Orton lift the case for RAW. He would go on to cash in at Summer slam against Daniel Bryan. HHH would pedigree Bryan right after his match with Cena. Orton would cash in and The Authority would be born.

Damien Sandow
2013 would also see Sandow win a case. He would go onto cash inbagainst John Cena and be the second man ever to lose his opportunity, creating the biggest "what if?" In recent wwe history; what if sandow had of won the title?

Seth Rollins
175 days and counting. Rollins has been Mr 2014 in all respects since winning the title. He's been through a shield split, an authoritarian joining, one of the best programmes of this year in him vs ambrose, an authority disband and he's just got off a feud with Cena. Rollins is still to cash in, making us all wonder... Will he cash in at the big one?

My personal vote goes here to Orton. Sounds odd, and I expect Punks second reign to walk this, but Orton's set up one of the strongest wwe title feuds in years, in Bryan vs Authority. HHH attacking Bryan sticks heavily in my mind and worked. Perfectly.

I voted for Edge's first win.
Edge winning the WWE Title for the first time is one of my all time favorite moments in history. I was a big Cena fan at that point but I liked Edge the second I saw him back in the Attitude Era, so to see him finally win the big one was awesome.

PPV's are on a Monday morning here in Australia due to the time difference so I remember going on the computer at school to look up the results and when I saw that Edge had won the title I couldn't wait to go home and watch it.

Definitely in my top 5 moments.

Honestly, I only remember a select few cash-ins but the most memorable one to me has to be when CM Punk cashed in on Edge to win the WHC. For some reason, I just thought that was awesome and I wasn't even that big of a CM Punk fan at the time. I guess it was just the shock of it as I really was not expecting it to happen, and I was also ecstatic that somebody knew was not only IN the title picture, but the actual champion. The title reign might not have been all that great, but the cash-in moment was pretty epic imo.

A close second is Dolph Ziggler and Edge as those are really the only other two I can recall right now...

I really like Seth Rollins with the breifcase... A lot of the intrigue is nobody has any idea what he's going to do with it. Does he try to cash in on Lesnar? And fail? Does he carry it all the way to Mania and try to cash in on Reigns? Does Cena get the belt back from Lesnar at RR only to have
Rollins cash in and become the new No. 1 Paul Heyman Guy?

Rollins carrying the breifcase is the most interesting thing going on in WWE that nobody talks about. I think they've done a nice job keeping the focus on Cenas #1 Contendership and Reigns entering into the Rumble (to presumably win and get his shot) that you almost forget Rollins can cash in whenever the title is on the screen... which isnt very often, but will be in the coming weeks.

I hope they do the right thing with Rollins, because I can't stand him.. i think he's a career heel, but he has to get over on someone people love like Ambrose or Ziggler or Reigns to a lesser extent... if he cashes in on Cena or Lesnar it might just cause that natural turn and having Rollins as a classic cheating, bad guy champion would be awesome.

John Cena

Also at money in the bank 2012 we saw our first all stars ladder match. Only previous wwe title winners could enter, and the world predicted it; John cena won. What wasn't heavily expected was an interferance from Big Show which would cost Cena his cash in against CM Punk. Cena would be the first to lose his opportunity as a result.

Wasn't Cena also the first to challenge the champion as a planned challenge, rather than cashing in at the moment the champ was depleted from his previous match? That's how I remember it, anyway, and because of it's uniqueness, this was my favorite MITB.

I wonder if this "shortcut" manner of handling business was what WWE management envisioned when first creating the MITB concept. Personally, I'm tired of it in this form.....and doesn't it just figure it was Cena who was the first to not become champion under this format, despite many on the forum being positive having him win the briefcase was the easy way to give him a world title once again?

"Wasn't Cena also the first to challenge the champion as a planned challenge, rather than cashing in at the moment the champ was depleted from his previous match? That's how I remember it, anyway, and because of it's uniqueness, this was my favorite MITB."

Cena was the 2nd person to do this. He was actually the first champion to know when his title match was coming up, when Rob Van Dam announced he would be cashing in at One Night Stand 2006 I believe.

Edge is the one and only reasonable option to anyone who was a regular viewer back then. An utter shock/mark out moment, especially for those who had grown weary of Cena's forever title reign and invincible booking.

Voted for Punk's second cash-in because I think it's what started him on his rise to the top as one of the best heels in WWE and eventually WWE's top prize. In his DVD, Punk talks about being called into Vince's office and Vince saying he wants Punk to try and be a heel. According to Punk, Vince didn't think he could do it. Boy, was Vinnie Mac ever wrong. So, just for where that led, and not the actual title win, I picked Punk's second cash-in.

Gotta go with the very first Edge. This legitimized the MITB winner. As we all know with Sports entertainment we never actually know if we're getting what they say we're getting. After Edge took the title we all knew that we had a new type of title in WWE and that it was going to be entertaining and that we would all eventally get payoff after months of seeing the briefcase on TV.

I have to go with RVD. I was a big fan of ECW back in the day and a even bigger fan of rob's. So seeing a ECW guy winning the big one was great to watch and having him use the MITB Briefcase to challenge for the title instead of cashing in was refreshing to see and made the victory seem that little bit more special.

As far as memorable, I would have to say the Miz actually. I just remember him cashing in against Orton and winning and that little girl with the sad face. Was it the best, no...but memorable haha

I don't know about you, but there is only 1 option for me:
"Nobody goes anyhere! This night is not over! Raise the cage...Reason this night is not over is first of all i want to congratulate John Cena on retaining the WWE championship...therefor is 1 more match that happen here tonight...this individual is cashing in his MitB privilage that he earned at WrestleMania...the WWE championship match would take place right here, right now...John Cena defends against...Edge!...You think you know me...On this day i see clearly..."
Talking about times Vince knew what the crowd wants to see.

Wasn't Cena also the first to challenge the champion as a planned challenge, rather than cashing in at the moment the champ was depleted from his previous match? That's how I remember it, anyway, and because of it's uniqueness, this was my favorite MITB.

I wonder if this "shortcut" manner of handling business was what WWE management envisioned when first creating the MITB concept. Personally, I'm tired of it in this form.....and doesn't it just figure it was Cena who was the first to not become champion under this format, despite many on the forum being positive having him win the briefcase was the easy way to give him a world title once again?

Sally, as pointed out below and in my op, no...RVD announced he was to face John Cena at One Night Stand. Cena's honourable approach was the second. Kennedy was technically the second however, as he announced when he won the case, he would cash in at mania. He just never got that far.

Edge's first cash in was the best and second place isn't even close. Miz and Bryan were alright too, but I find myself caring about the briefcase less and less each year. My second favorite cash in would be Cena because everyone knew he was going to fuck it up as soon as he announced he'd be using the contract. The first unsuccessful cash in should have been a shocking double swerve. Instead, they chose the laziest possible way to book it and nobody really got bothered by it. 10/10 for being as bad as the snarkiest of fans expects the WWE to be.

I'll always be biased towards Dolph Ziggler's cash-in, since it was the only one I got to see live. Plus the fact that his title win created the loudest crowd reaction in WWE HISTORY.

My runner-up cash-in would be The Miz. I had become a big fan of The Miz by 2009, and everyone I know anticipated he would be the first cash-in to fail and lose his title match, but I marked HUGE when he pinned Randy Orton.

Money in the Bank reigns I don't particularly care for. I prefer when the briefcase is so unimportant that you can forget the carrier even has it. The only ones who really did that in my opinion are Edge, Rob Van Dam, and Alberto Del Rio. Everyone else made the briefcase such a huge deal that it was almost anticlimactic when they finally cashed in.

To this day Edge's first cash in at New Years Revolution in 2006 always comes to mind when I think of the briefcase. I remember not taking his run with the briefcase seriously because of the feuds he was in at the time. But boy did I take it very seriously when Vince announced Edge was cashing in. My buddy and I watched in complete shock and were so gutted that Cena lost like that.

Second to none was definitely CM Punk's second cash in at Extreme Rules in 2009. Jeff Hardy and Edge put on a hell of TLC match only for the Second City Saint to come in and take the title away.

Edge is still my favorite, maybe because he was the original and we'd never seen it before.

A close 2nd was Ziggler the night after Mania in 2012. The timing was perfect with waiting until you have the best crowd of the year to go absolutely nuts.

I think Rollins' cash in will be a first as well, because I think he'll be the first to do it at WrestleMania. After Reigns defeats Lesnar, I believe Rollins' music will hit and he'll cash in. That will set up a Reigns/Rollins feud for the title for the next few months.

The best was Rob Van Dam, as it was a proper match and announced ahead of time. As a huge RVD fan from his ECW days, I loved seeing him as WWE champion as well - such a shame he got busted with Sabu partaking in a joint.

The most memorable however is the first. It *should* be Ziggler's as it was the only one I've been lucky enough to see live, and boy was the Izod Centre hot that night, but just edging it out (no pun intended) was Edge at New Year's Revolution. It really put over the concept of the cash-in happening wherever, almost like a serious version of the old Hardcore Title 24/7 rule, plus it cemented Edge as a main event player. Unlike certain other winners since, he never dropped from that spot.

Dolph Ziggler. He held the briefcase for so long. He had the odds against him. I thought they forgot, booking him in a tag match at WrestleMania 29.

They surprised me when they actually had him cash in on the RAW after WM 29.

I think a few really stand out above the rest, but I went with Miz. Primarily because it was the first (and in my opinion) biggest shocker for MITB. Most of the guys that have won were long on their way to be champ already, or just needed that extra spark, but NO ONE saw Miz winning it, and everyone thought once he did that he'd be the first to lose it, and then when he won the belt, everyone thought he'd drop it before WM, and then everyone thought he'd lose it at WM. While we can certainly debate his career since then, just based on what he actually accomplished as a direct result of the MITB win, I think it has to go to Miz.

While Edge's was certainly a great moment, the truth is Edge had deserved to be champ for a long time at that point, and it was inevitable he'd get there one day, if not by MITB than by some other way, cream rises. So while it was a shocking moment, it wasn't really a surprise. Honorable mention also goes to Ziggler for the HUGE reaction his cash in got, what happened after sucked, but I think he'll get another chance soon. Also, RVD cashing in on Cena at an announced ECW PPV was awesome, but again what happened after sucked, and since the title of this thread is reign/cash in, the results must be taken in to consideration, which ultimately makes Miz the best.

To me my top 3 are Ziggler winning at # 3 since it was a great moment for the post Wrestle Mania RAW and the crowd made it even more special #2 would be Edge since it was the first and a great shocking moment but #1 for me is RVD's cash in.

The reason why I voted RVD was I was a huge RVD fan and with him so confident that he challenged the unstoppable John Cena to a match instead of a random cash in. Being inside the ECW arena made it almost feel like it was ECW vs WWE since you could make the statement that at the time RVD was the face of ECW for a while and Cena of course being the face of WWE. It was a great match that had a rowdy crowd that made it even more awesome. I wonder how much longer RVD would have held onto the WWE and ECW belts if it weren't for his unfortunate arrest.

Edge 1
This one is one of the most memorable, it set the standard that nearly every other Money In The Bank cash-in has followed. The opportunistic cash-in's by heels began with the very first one. It was so shocking at the time when it happened, still one of my favorites.

RVD
This sucked. I hated the way they did that one.

Edge 2
This was nearly as shocking as his first, he won the briefcase from Kennedy and then cash'ed in on Taker which was a really cool moment. Both of Edge's rank high on my list.

CM Punk 1
This one was arguably my favorite of them all. Raw needed a World Championship following Edge and Triple H taking the titles to Smackdown after Night Of Champions 2008. Then Edge showed up to brag about his win only to get attacked by Batista, and Punk gave Edge a taste of his own medicine, resulting in the World Heavyweight Championship becoming Raw exclusive for the following school-year. Very awesomely done.

CM Punk 2
I liked his first one better. This was good too, but the first was better due to the set-up and the situation going into it.

Jack Swagger
This cash-in and the reign it resulted in gets a lot of hate. I didn't mind it. Both of Edge's and both of CM Punk's were all better than this though.

Kane
This was cool, he immediately cash'ed in that same evening. I wouldn't mind seeing that done again by someone else.

The Miz
Stupid. Miz should never have won the belt in the first place. Nowhere near as effective as Edge and CM Punk were when they used similar cash-in tactics due to them actually being believable and deserving it.

Alberto Del Rio
The opportunistic cash-in was getting to be too common at this point, but having it take place at a show as big as Summerslam helped this cash-in seem like a much bigger deal, thus for me it was one of the more memorable ones.

Daniel Bryan
This was good, but they did it too early. At the time I thought Bryan should have waited until Wrestlemania for his. He of course got his big Wrestlemania moment, but back then this looked like it was his big opportunity, then they messed that up by doing his cash-in too early. It didn't seem like the big deal it should have been.

John Cena
Someone had to be the first one to fail at cashing in. Unlike the vast majority of the wrestlers who have held a Money In The Bank briefcase, Cena was not damaged by this failure while most of the others would have been. Just look at Sandow....

Dolph Ziggler
Honestly, this was not all that memorable. Before reading this thread I legitimately had forgotten that Ziggler had ever held a Money In The Bank briefcase.

Randy Orton
The best one from recent years. It started the Daniel Bryan VS The Authority feud. While yet another opportunistic tactic, the heel actions that came along with it helped it really stand out.

Damien Sandow
This was bad. Had the decision not been made to unify the belts, Sandow would be a former World Champion by now thanks to this briefcase push. You know, his ACTUAL briefcase is still floating around out there somewhere. It was the chocolate one that he cash'ed in. While I doubt it ever will be, it would be funny if WWE addressed this by having Damien find the blue one somehow if they ever do push him again. A fan can dream. The way this actually played out was a bad decision, Sandow should have won.

Seth Rollins
It has not happened yet, but I have high expectations for it. If Seth cashes in at Wrestlemania and wins, he could very well end up having the most memorable cash-in ever.

If I had to pick a favorite, it would be CM Punk's first one, as explained above it was due to the situation with the titles at the time and the timing and circumstances. Punk giving Edge a taste of his own medicine and giving Raw a title when it did not have one made that a cash-in that has yet to be topped for me. Both of Edge's were also great, as was Orton's and I also liked Del Rio's.

The first Money In The Bank win and cash in is the most memorable, because it was the first, and because Edge held onto the Money In The Bank briefcase the longest. It also helps that the man he defeated was John Cena. It was truly a surprise that may never be duplicated.

John Cena’s win and cash in is a close 2nd place, because he was the first SuperStar to lose a cash-in match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back