• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What is Your Favourite Topic?

Downward Spiral

I'm Not From Your Country
To discuss and debate about.

Mine is religion. I get quite the kick out of making people (atheists) look completely stupid, in front of other atheists.

They have no idea how hypocritical and ignorant they are, until someone like myself comes along and bashes them in the head with unbeatable arguments.

Oh, and my arguments are not towards atheists who can respect religion and don't insult it or its followers. But I guess those people are moreso agnostic? It's towards people who think they're above others because they don't believe.

Lucky you added in that end part DS or we would have had to start something up in here. I do like discussing religion due to two courses in Catholic theology(damn private school). I think that god doesn't exist, but I accept that it cannot be proven and that it would be comforting if god does exist.

I've decided to become religious. If there is a God then I've got my ticket to heaven because I believe in the guy. If he's not real then I was right all along.

Music artists that I like.

Agreed.

With music, you have SO MANY different opinions and ways people go about discussing those positions. The music tournament, though long and tedious, was prbably my favorite stretch of time on these forums because of how many different angles people came from. Wen Polley stepped up and got Van Morrison over Creedence Clearwater Revival, I was shocked.

With religion, people tend to feel one way and are far too fanatical to make any sense or real debate about it. They acquiese to "it's how I feel" or "that's what the Bible told me" or whatever. It's harder to have an intelligent debate on religion than it is on music because people die for their religion. With music, you can usually score a "you've got a point there" from someone. With religion, good luck.

Reactions: Tim
Actually, it's a truthful statement, mixed in with bias.

I have never had one person debate with me about religion and counter any point of mine successfully. Not just my opinion; they accept that too.

It may be a true statement, But it's still arrogant, It like me going around saying "I'm unbeaten on SVR09", It may be true, But I've played 1 online match.

I don't like you very much.

I could'nt care less to be honest, Your not the first to say it to me, And you proberly wont be the last time I hear it, But let's hope it doesn't get in the way of our debate's. :)

To answer the topic, sports.

As for religion, this sums up my thoughts on debating it. I went to a party once where there was no beer or hot women, and a religious debate broke out. The way it ended was a guy got up and asked us all to say what we believed, then he said to all of us: Prove it. The debate ended.

I don't think I have a favorite topic. I pretty much enjoy discussing anything where I can contribute.

What I hate, though, is when I get into topics where people simply don't want to listen. Whether it be religious disputes, political arguments, or just simple "no, you literally just said 2x2 was 8, and you're wrong, so admit it and stop trying to say you didn't" b.s., it just annoys the hell out of me when people aren't willing to actually debate.

Too much cynicism in my life, though. I need to start finding some happier topics to discuss haha.

I'll argue almost anything, from religion, to politics, to sports. I'm pretty open minded about msot things. I have my beliefs on most things.

On Religion, you can't argue with someone that is religious, because Faith will always trumpet fact.

Politics: Can't change anyones mind.

Sports, best thing to debate.

I don't really have a list, but paranormal stuff always grabs my interest

don't tell me this.

We're gonna make Fitzpatrick our bitch, and you're gonna get a heavy dose of Jesus AKA Shady McCoy. Cavvy and wanny are gonna open up the playbook and we had two weeks to prepare for this game. :p

don't tell me this.

We're gonna make Fitzpatrick our bitch, and you're gonna get a heavy dose of Jesus AKA Shady McCoy. Cavvy and wanny are gonna open up the playbook and we had two weeks to prepare for this game. :p

^^^

it posted before your post even though you made yours first

what the hell, damn boards.

Fear the Bengals and their 3 week non losing streak, fear them.

I'm not sure whose starting at QB this week for the cats. Pikes beend oign good, but Grutza looked bad ass Friday Night.

what the hell, damn boards.

Fear the Bengals and their 3 week non losing streak, fear them.

I'm not sure whose starting at QB this week for the cats. Pikes beend oign good, but Grutza looked bad ass Friday Night.

we have The "Great" Bill Stull :cool: and Jonathan I am 6'5 and quick as shit baldwin

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back