What is the most impressive wrestling accomplishment of the last 15 years?

Which is the Most Impressive?

• John Cena's 28 Month Domination of the WWE Title

• Samoa Joe's 645 Days as ROH champ, and 18 Month TNA undefeated streak.

• The Undertaker's 15-0 Wrestlemania Streak

• Kurt Angle Wins all of the TNA Gold

• Goldberg's 172 - 0 Record

• Shawn Michaels becomes the First WWF Grand Slam Winner

• Brock Lesnar's Rookie Year

• Chris Benoit goes 1 Hour and 47 Minutes in two consecutive Royal Rumbles

• Rob Van Dam's 23 Month Television Title Reign

• The Dreaded Other...

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
not really silly post, the biggest guys the wwe pushed where 6ft the most, guys like hhh, austin, and guys like benoit who had talent but not size wasnt able to get world title status, so again jake it wasnt a silly post it just proves that the wwe made a u turn in their ability over size policy

You see I dont think the size thing was an issue when Benoit won the Rumble. HBK had won it 9 years earlier. And while he's taller than Benoit, he was nowhere near as juiced up as he was. And Benoit was about 5'10'' so he's only two inches of 6ft, and shorter wrestlers wear lifts in there boots anyway.HBK was still big back then, but Benoit looked fit to burst.

Originally posted by Y 2 Jake

You see I dont think the size thing was an issue when Benoit won the Rumble. HBK had won it 9 years earlier. And while he's taller than Benoit, he was nowhere near as juiced up as he was. And Benoit was about 5'10'' so he's only two inches of 6ft, and shorter wrestlers wear lifts in there boots anyway.HBK was still big back then, but Benoit looked fit to burst.

Since the whole steroid issue i think people are looking at Benoit like a freak, but truthfully it is a common thing in wrestling, when i was working Local London independants i saw guys getting juiced up all the time, but it didnt take away anything from their workrate.

back to the point though, back in wcw benoit was getting overlooked for guys with steroidal physics, like hogan,mero, knash, lance storm even stated this himself in a past article, people like benoit werent getting pushes, and in turn shouldnt take anything away from what hes accomplished, granted HBK did the same thing and propelled himself, and so did Benoit, when i saw the finish to Wrestlemani watching Benoit and guererro holding their respective brands titles i cried, because to me it dawned a new age for us fans that the wwe was responding to what we wanted, thats what the win means to me.

1. The Undertaker undefeated, 15-0, at Wrestlemania
In the biggest wrestling PPV EVER invented, The Undertaker stands supreme. I read earlier that Hogan is 5-1 at Wrestlemania in WWE title matches (I'm guessing they don't want to count the loss he took at Wrestlemania 9 for the Tag Team gold before he beat Yoko). Still, though, Hogan only lasted 10 Wrestlemanias total (9 straight then WM 19 vs. Vince). Taker missed Wrestlemania 10 and 16 due to injury, but look at the matches he's won there: Casket Match with Mark Henry, Handicap match with Big Show AND A-Train, getting up after being chloroformed by Giant Gonzalez, beating legends like HHH, Ric Flair, Jimmy Snuka, Kevin Nash and Jake the Snake Roberts, winning the WWE title from Sid Vicious and the World Heavyweight Title from Batista, beating young stars like Randy Orton (probably his best match too!) and beating Kane twice. It's one of the few real accomplishments that wrestling fans believe in (who didn't tune in to see if Batista would actually get put over Taker?!), and it would be a tragedy if he were booked to end it.

2. RVD's 23 months TV Title Reign: Two years of dominance. Two years of beating the toughest competition in the most extreme of companies. Let's not forget one very important factor in this: he was NEVER beaten for the title. If RVD were a heel, he could easily come back and say he was the uncrowned ECW TV champ. (He still should anyway, honestly). No wrestler has ever held a mid-card belt with such class and excellent matches. The respect RVD earned with that belt helped put ECW in the mainstream. And you know Paul Heyman knew what he was doing putting a TV title on a guy that impresses so many, especially at the time when he was trying to get a spot on TNN.

3. The John Cena Title Reigns (plural, remember he's lost the belt twice, people): Why is this so damn high? Cena?! Well, lets face it, Cena has been the top dog in the WWE for going on three years now. Ever since Wrestlemania 21, Cena has either been WWE champ or chasing it. He's never been injured or out for a long period of time, he's always been a role model and stayed away from drugs (or at least kept out of sight with it) and has carried over into the mainstream well. You have to give credit to him for hanging on and being a good soldier. (Pun intended) I don't like the spinner belt, but he has been a part of every main event of every PPV since WM 2001. That has got to warrant some respect.

4. Samoa Joe: I don't know much about him since I don't watch TNA, but it sounds frickin' awesome. How good were the wrestlers he beat? I'm not familiar with Ring of Honor; all I know that it's where CM Punk was for a while.

5. Shawn Michaels the Grand Slam Winner: Huge at the time, and it made Shawn Michaels truly a legend. He was the first at a lot of things and his legacy is intact. The only reasons why it's not higher is because the Euro title is no longer active and the other above this are amazing feats of longevity.

6. I want to add one legacy for the OTHER category: Eddie Guerrero becoming the FIRST Latin American person to win the WWE title under Vince McMahon. (Pedro Morales won the WWWF title in the 70's, but it doesn't realy count since Vince took over much later) The WWE Title (not the WCW title\World Heavyweight Title, different belt and different legacy) as always been held by either white guys or Samoans (The Rock and Yokozuna), so Eddie Guerrero beating the odds by defeating Lesnar AND Angle in consecutive PPVs is simply amazing!

7. Brock Lesnar's rookie year: He defeated wrestlers he had no business beating. Hogan, Taker, The Rock, Angle. Lesnar will be remembered for years for owning the way he did. It's a shame he left the way he did too. Not many guys mixed pure technical skill with power and agility the way Brock did. If he's still in shape and goes to TNA, that would be a major coup.

8. Kurt Angle wins all the Gold in TNA: I don't watch TNA, so I don't know all the details. Still, though, a wrestler winning all of the gold in a company actually is a little scary and unnecessary. It ranks up there with HHH winning all the unified gold (World Heavyweight unified with the Intercontinental and Hardcore title in Oct. 2002) Sure, Angle has the ability, but it seems like why bother?

9. Goldberg's Streak: Did nothing for me. It made WCW popular, and the streak was ended by a cattle prod. Goldberg was probably one of the true WCW stars. Only Sting really reached the popularity Goldberg attained. Problem is when your streak involves Glacier, Hugh Morrus, Alex Wright and Steve McMichael (all at least twice), you're not going to be taken seriously by hardcore fans. Sure, he beat Hogan, Raven, DDP and Sting once, but if he really wanted to be proven, he should faced them all at least twice more.

10. Chris Benoit 2 Consecutive Rumbles: He lasted a long time but only won once. It's not a momumental thing unless he won them both.

I plumped for Cena's 28 month title domination. To be able to be around the title picture for that long dispite his obvious lack of talent, charisma and personality - that guy must be a world class kiss ass!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back