What is the best Triple Threat Match in WWE history?

Summer Slam 1999,
HHH VS MANKIND VS STONE COLD,

THAT match had the BEST build up towards any triple threat match in WWE history, you just didn't know who would main event Summer Slam, and the match it self was awesome, you had a special ref, you had 3 of the main attitude era guys, and the whole match was built around HHH winning the belt, and didn't only for him to go ape after the match and then the following day "break" JR's arm to get the match with Mankind to win the belt (which would of been better having happened at Summer Slam, plus the ring walks were done from the backstage area (like the UFC do nowadays in the main events) awesome match and build up my favorite triple theat in WWE.

The Mania XX match for me is highly overrated. WWF don't do Triple Threats well at all. The match was marred with constant one guy gets knocked out of the ring for an age while the other two take each other out and the third man makes the save at the last second. Beniot then disappears from the match all together for a while to emphasise that they can't book these types of matches.

This also happened in the Rock/HHH/Angle match where Angle got knocked out, but I think that was legit.

I would probably have to go with the Rock vs. Mankind vs. Shamrock inside a cage. That was probably the best triple threat the WWF has done in a very long time...

technically the Summerslam 2000 (HHH/Rock/Angle) was a singles match from the opening bell until the last 30 seconds or so. Awesome match and pretty good twist at the end thou it wasn't planned, funny thing is when I think back to that match it's hard to believe it's been 10.5 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back