What if WCW won the Monday Night Wars...

An Angry Blonde

Occasional Pre-Show
I've seen some talk about WCW lately, and this question came to mind.So want to know what everyone thinks about it.

My only question:

How would the past decade or so have been different if the WWE/F lost the monday night wars instead of WCW?

:wcw::guns::wwf:

If WCW won the monday night wars wrestling as we know it would be dead, these forums probably wouldnt exist and there wouldnt be people like you starting threads here that have been done and redone over and over again. Either that or TNA might be ruling the world and Vince Russo would own a giant gold throne (on top of a pole), either way, outlook not good!

The Rock never would have made classics such as 'the tooth fairy', Hulk Hogan would be a 150 time champion, HHH would be an alcoholic in a gutter somewhere down south and anyone close to Eric Bishoff would have big brown noses.

Oh, and we would have seen Sting v 'Taker at Wrestlemania. Sting would have won.

Well. Hogan, Flair, Sting, DDP, and Goldberg would be main eventing StarrCade. They would bury Jericho, Big Show, Benoit, and Guerrero for leaving. Mysterio wouldn't be a World Champion. Batista wouldn't have happened (WCW denied his application).

In all honesty, Vince would start a new company. With more success than TNA. It would be right back on par with WCW soon enough.

The only reason WWE won the wars is because he bought out WCW.. Even though WCW was winning the war, I don't think VKM would ever have sold WWE, he still had the tv contract, he still had the wrestlers, lets say Raw was being watched by 2 million people every week.. It would have still been there.. So when ever I hear this question, I always think its a daft question, (no offence to the OP) your not the first to post this..

But to answer your question, WCW would have been big but SHIT, they would have had a lot of young wrestlers Nitro would have been extended to 5 hours etc.. lol

Ruthless-RKO has this one. I just don't see Vince selling. But if he did, I always thought it would've been cool to see WCW kept alive by Vince, have seperate WWE shows and WCW shows, not necessarily competing for time slots, though. So why not have it the other way around? WCW could've kept Nitro on Monday's and dumped Thunder on Thursday's and kept RAW, only have it air on Thursday night instead of Monday. I cringe at the thought of any of this, but I used this once before in an argument for the brand split, of course that was with the WWE on top.

Had WCW won, then wrestling honestly wouldn't be the same. Vince exposed all the huge flaws that WCW had, if he had never done that then they would have kept heading in the same direction. Eventually WCW would have died too. The only reason that wrestling as we know it is still around today is because the WWE won the Monday Night Wars. WCW was a disaster, it wouldn't have been able to survive regardless. They would have kept doing what had been pushing fans away from them for years, and at some point they would have pushed the last fan away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back