• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What if the heroes were gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegreekhero

Pre-Show Stalwart
Now, with the recent injuries of WWE Champion John Cena and World Heavyweight Champion Randy Orton, it got me to think... lets say these injuries were major and it was mandatory for both men to be out of action for 5-8 months. Both shows would obviously be left without a world champion. The two posterboys of the WWE would be out for a while. Here is what I think...

PRO'S:
-Since the two faces of the company are gone, I think it would be a perfect time to establish and build younger talent to the main event picture, especially if one is to built up as a face.
-We would finally get some time to see other people in the main event. Honestly, I have no problem with John Cena or Randy Orton, but it would be refreshing to clear the air a bit.

CON'S:
-WWE is losing money. These two are major factors in the financial income of the company. Children tune in every week to see Cena and Orton. Without them, kids would probably not watch the show, or not watch the full show, as Raw ends at 11PM+ and kids have school the next morning.
-Vacant championships. BOTH of the world titles would be vacant. Yeah, yeah, I'm sure this'll get an "its the perfect time for Christian to have the world title" but thats not the point. There would be no champion holder for probably a few weeks (til the PPV) It would be awkward to watch a Raw AND Smackdown with no world champion on each.

What do you guys think would, should, or could happen?

there would probly be a battle royal type match to determine the champion or a tournament. maybe like they did with sheamus where it can only be guys who havent held the title before. that was a huge push for sheamus and it made him a top guy

I'd like to see the winner of Money in the Bank cash in on the vacant championship. I never understood why CM Punk didn't do it when Vickie Guerrero vacated Undertaker's title on Smackdown in 2007.

I'd like to see the winner of Money in the Bank cash in on the vacant championship. I never understood why CM Punk didn't do it when Vickie Guerrero vacated Undertaker's title on Smackdown in 2007.

IT was 2008 just to correct ya mate!

And thats quite interesting although it don't make sense as if they cash it in theirs no champion they can beat, so a bit of a waste hence why i think he waited until Edge was vulnerable and what a perfect timing after a Batista Bomb on Raw that time!!

I'm just gonna cross my fingers and hope for this to happen. Without big stars, maybe the tag team division gets the limelight. Or the midcard championships will actually have something interesting going on. Tag teams are not really hard to write storylines for.

Ideas:

1. Rhodes "traps" Dibiase and forces him to tag with him. Teddy will play the antihero and Rhodes can be the villian. Dibiase makes tries to sabotage Rhodes, but to no avail. Rhodes can be in some kind of freakish zone. Not a magical one, but hes just gonna be unstoppable. Eventually, Rhodes and Dibiase end up champs.

2. Usos. Give them mic time, solidify them as singles competitors, and give one of them a haircut so we can tell the difference. Eventually, they try to outdo each other in a MVP-Matt Hardy way. Eventually, they have a title shot against Rhodes and Dibiase. But, selfish attitudes will out, and they sabotage themselves.

3. Santino and Kozlov. Give them a few nice matches, ultimately they hand the titles over to Rhodes/Dibiase.

4. Tyler Reks and Chris Masters. I know that they're "feuding" right now. But, just think of them together! THEY COULD RIP ANYONE APART. They will play the part of monster heels.

5. Swagger and Bourne. Turn Swagger face by becoming Bourne's friend. He can be his bodygaurd and protect him from attacks after a few matches. Turn into a promising team, but both earn Number 1 contendership for the US championship. Swagger turns on Bourne during a match, turning heel once again. Then, new US champion: JACK SWAGGER! works perfectly for his gimmick. Great Bourne-Swagger feud, if swagger can pull Bourne on the mic.

They would have to build someone up, quick.

The only guy I can see being a top face right now is The Miz. Or possibily Christian is they want to push him seeing as though he is in his late 30's. That's really the only two people I can see becoming a top face for WWE.

Christian because of his longevity and he put's on good matches nearly every time. The Miz becuase he has a ton of charisma, is very entertaining, and has the look that people can relate to. Either way, though two would probably be the two I would think.

They would obviously have to bring some talent up to use, maybe push a guy who's been there for a while (Masters).

See, with one of them out it'll be atleast ok. With both of thme out WWE will probably got balistic and bring guy's back like they did when Cena was hurt in 07. Triple H probably for RAW and Jericho for Smackdown.

i've got something to say/ask on the matter..once vince can no longer bring in guys like austin and rock etc..all of the older talent such as rey rey, kane, taker, HHH, etc..(you know..bigger names/established names) Retire for GOOD??? and all they have left is Super Cena and RKO..with the possibility of Batista making a return somewhere down the line...what will the WWE be like in 5 years? thoughts please? maybe someone has touched on this already..sorry if i missed the bus on this question.

i've got something to say/ask on the matter..once vince can no longer bring in guys like austin and rock etc..all of the older talent such as rey rey, kane, taker, HHH, etc..(you know..bigger names/established names) Retire for GOOD??? and all they have left is Super Cena and RKO..with the possibility of Batista making a return somewhere down the line...what will the WWE be like in 5 years? thoughts please? maybe someone has touched on this already..sorry if i missed the bus on this question.

In 5 years, I'm pretty sure that some of the mid-carders that we have today will already by credible main eventers (Cody Rhodes, Sheamus, Wade Barrett, John Morrison) Only time will tell. It's the cycle of professional wrestling. The young guys become the top guys. It's a never ending cycle.

Well, 4 names you mentioned (HHH, Austin, Rock) and you can even count Bataita and Shawn Michaels weren't even around for the better part of 2010 and that was a great year for the company. WWE, in my opinion, know what to do in a time of crisis. Instead of panicking they made a great heel in Wade Barret and the Nexus and pushed them with a fued with Cena for about 5 month's or so.

Triple H and Taker are hardly around anymore, Rey sadly probably has a good 3 year's left in him, Kane is just there. Shawn Michaels has been retired for over a year now, and Batista left.

WWE are currently pushing new guy's and hiring talent to get into other market's such as Mexico with Del Rio and Sin Cara. If all of that you said was to happen I'm pretty sure WWE would have no probably wither building up somebody really quick, or asking a veteran superstar to return (say Jericho or Triple H)

*Oh, and just for the record I can't stand that quote in your sig. Nothing against you personally, I just feel that it's a bash to WCW and calling it a failure. But the person is calling Vince a "dumbass," I just don't get it.*

IT was 2008 just to correct ya mate!

And thats quite interesting although it don't make sense as if they cash it in theirs no champion they can beat, so a bit of a waste hence why i think he waited until Edge was vulnerable and what a perfect timing after a Batista Bomb on Raw that time!!
Yeah, but the Money in the Bank gives them a title shot at any time. If there's no champion, then the office would have no choice but to just give him the title. It would have been awesome and it would be awesome if it happens now.

I'd like to see CM Punk win the briefcase, "take out" Cena and then cash in on the vacant championship. That would bring him lots of heat.

They will do what they did when guys like Hogan, Savage, Nash and Hall all left and build new stars like they did with HHH, HBK, Taker, Austin and The Rock. It's a cycle and right now it's Cena's and Orton's time to be the stars with guys like The Miz looking like they could be the next big star of the company.

Now, with the recent injuries of WWE Champion John Cena and World Heavyweight Champion Randy Orton, it got me to think... lets say these injuries were major and it was mandatory for both men to be out of action for 5-8 months. Both shows would obviously be left without a world champion. The two posterboys of the WWE would be out for a while. Here is what I think...

PRO'S:
-Since the two faces of the company are gone, I think it would be a perfect time to establish and build younger talent to the main event picture, especially if one is to built up as a face.
-We would finally get some time to see other people in the main event. Honestly, I have no problem with John Cena or Randy Orton, but it would be refreshing to clear the air a bit.

CON'S:
-WWE is losing money. These two are major factors in the financial income of the company. Children tune in every week to see Cena and Orton. Without them, kids would probably not watch the show, or not watch the full show, as Raw ends at 11PM+ and kids have school the next morning.
-Vacant championships. BOTH of the world titles would be vacant. Yeah, yeah, I'm sure this'll get an "its the perfect time for Christian to have the world title" but thats not the point. There would be no champion holder for probably a few weeks (til the PPV) It would be awkward to watch a Raw AND Smackdown with no world champion on each.

What do you guys think would, should, or could happen?

I know it's been a while since I've been a kid; but I know that when I was a kid, I got behind whomever they pushed. Whomever was the top face, didn't matter, I got behind. Now I am only one person but I'm sure kids will get behind someone quick or at least I would think. Like the casual fans I was an only cheer for the face kid. Whomever was the top face, didn't matter, was my guy. Austin, Rock, Angle, Lesnar, didn't matter.

WWE would lose money but I don't think it would go out of business. It's a multi billion dollar company. That would be a lot of money to lose in a tremendously short period of time.

But this just goes to show you that for whatever smart moves business moves Vince has made, he's also made some dumb ones by having nobody waiting in the wings. The Miz has mainstream exposure, somewhat of a draw if you go on merchandise sales (I've seen a lot of his shirts and some pops) he can definitely sell a match with his promo skills.

Why though, Vince, would you possibly take the biggest star you have pushed to the moon the last six years, have him lose (clean or not) in his first ever one on one Wrestlemania loss to whom you supposedly plan to take his place as the face of the company, then the very next month have the "face in waiting" lose the WWE title and then the rematch he looks like shit when he beats down your top face for 25 minutes and that top face no sells like crazy?

Sometimes I don't get Vince. WWE will survive though. Think of the Great Depression and this Great Recession that we're still in. Times were bad in the 1930s, we got through them. The Great Recession has high unemployment in this country and all but I do think the worst of the worst is behind it. Likewise, if Cena and Orton are hurt and have to be out, they may suffer a bit but this may also be a lesson to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back