• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What if Rowan is smart?

CCIV

Could having Rowan be smart work?

Say Sandow is lecturing us on politics and the Goatface black screen plays as the lights go out.

When the lights turn on Rowan and Harper are in the ring.

Rowan removes his mask and slowly raises a mic as he says 2 or 3 quick lines that completely trump and outsmart everything Sandow was spewing.

He drops the mic and lowers his mask and the video plays and lights go out as they disappear.

The fans are shocked that he speaks. And we immediately see that his intellectual prowess is greater than our Intellectual Savior.
Guess you shouldn't judge a book by its cover.

Now they can continue this with Sandow leading to Sandow getting a partner and creating a tag team feud.

If Rowan and Harper continue to one up people this way it would lead to them interrupting Step or Steph and Hunter. HHH and Steph being pissed about looking like fools sick their tag team pick on Rowan and Harper.

Maybe this leads to the championship feud.

The really intelligent guy hiding behind a mask. Sounds familiar

There is probably a reason why Rowan doesn't get to talk much. I'm guessing he isn't the best speaker. He isn't very good in the ring either but he is big and scary looking so it works.

The best part of The Wyatt Family is Bray. His promos of carried the entire stable for something like 7 months. Harper has definitely impressed in the ring and Rowan does his role well. This stable, however, should be focused solely on Bray. He is the star. He is the guy who is awesome on the mic and has the potential to be a top heel in the company. We saw that match with Bryan that was absolutely fantastic.

If they begin to give Rowan and Harper more time then there is the danger they split off from the Family. That would seriously harm Bray so I'd prefer them to keep the trio as it is - Bray doing the leading and speaking.

That could be a nice character development... but nothing that needs to be done anytime soon.

Pace yourself.

Once a gimmick gets stales, then make changes.

So file it away. Maybe the E had that filed away already for Festus.

Or, how about this. Rowan is just a big, dumb, inbred mountain man in coveralls who beats people up and is under the control of a maniacal cult leader? Yeah, I think that one works better.

Why have them speak at all? I like the mystery behind them. Just keep them dominat and dont job to some punk ass thrown together tag team that the WWE loves to do.

It's an interesting idea, OP, but one which I would politely decline for the following reasons. Sandow doesn't "say intelligent things" as such. He is loquacious and affects a haughty tone. But he's not critiquing Heidegger or expounding string theory out there. So how would you outstrip a guy whose claims on intelligence are kayfabe? Any subsequent heat would need to be generated as much through words as violence, and I think that would be a turn-off. Not only that, the words would have to stand up to rigour because on the face of it Sandow would likely still sound smarter than Rowan to people who couldn't understand that theoretically Rowan had outstripped Sandow somehow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back