• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What if Monty Brown Had Never Left TNA?

GUMBO2ndcoming

The Prototype
Personally i'm a huge Alpha Male fan, not the best wrestler in the ring but he was super athletic and great on the mic. I feel TNA could use someone like him right now. He was a heel originally but being an original right now he might possibly could be the top face, I always wonder why he left in the first place.

Question being how do you think it woulda played out if Monty Brown would've never left? I know he had some family issues but I think of he stayed he coulda been a major player.

Also what do you think would happen if they brought him back? And why havent they tried to bring him back? His fued with Pope could've been epic since both were members of the New Breed in WWECW. And he could be fighting the powers that be like Hogan and Immortal.

Too bad that he was passed up because of Christian. He was smart to leave. Regardless of him leaving TNA for WWE, he was struck by a huge family problem. That is something nobody could avoid. He wasn't winning the TNA title or being a huge hit because of the rate TNA was picking up wrestlers.

He is one of my favorite wrestlers, but he wasn't winning the title or being a huge hit because of that.

Monty Brown was fuckin' terrible. His Pouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunce was one of the dumbest fucking finishers in the history of pro-wrestling. A running shoulder block, really? Seriously? A shoulder tackle? That's what's supposed to believably put a guy down?

TNA should be glad he left, frankly. Brown was a decent personality and had the body of a wrestler, but his gimmick was incredibly stupid, as was his finisher and he had no business in the main event of any promotion, let alone one like TNA.

Monty Brown was fuckin' terrible. His Pouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunce was one of the dumbest fucking finishers in the history of pro-wrestling. A running shoulder block, really? Seriously? A shoulder tackle? That's what's supposed to believably put a guy down?

TNA should be glad he left, frankly. Brown was a decent personality and had the body of a wrestler, but his gimmick was incredibly stupid, as was his finisher and he had no business in the main event of any promotion, let alone one like TNA.

That's not very far fetched sir. It's as damning as a spear. Real life impact moves versus say a Senton or Swanton bomb or a Twist of Fate. Two moves that are completely avoidable and completely counter active to harming someone versus harming yourself.

Monty Brown was he a bit silly and not that great on the mic? Yes absoluteley. His finisher is not something to base his entire career on in my opinion. A very devastating one in real life to be exact.

honestly the moved looked better done in TNA with there 6 sided ring, but in a 4 sided ring it looked terrible and very unimpressive.
but stilL i was like that such a ******ed lookign finisher. it sucks that he had family issues but I hoestly cat really ever see him as a maistage kid fo guy. def a middlecarder.

how can you say it is a dumb finisher. it is simple but packs all the punch in the world. looking at this years nfl season, the pounce looked like those tpye of concussion hits. but he needs the 6 sided ring for his move to work. in a 4 sided ring it looks stupid(cuz tna fucked up and changing from 6 to 4). i wanna see if you could take that hit and not be down tho. moves like cenas and hardys dont do anything

I always wondered why MB never went back to TNA, he's a guy that had a lot of potential & could have been molded into a future star. His character did need a bit of a "make-over," but shouldnt be that big of a deal for any half-assed creative team. He had a lot of charisma and personality that could have been packaged into something marketable given the right opportunity. I'm actually more shocked that Vince didn't recognize his potential during his brief stint in the WWE/ECW. At any rate, I think he would have been a great choice to bring back INSTEAD of Scott Steiner because of his history with TNA. The TNA originals (Brown, Crimson, Styles , Beer Money, etc.) fighting to take back" the company from Immortal would have been pretty cool....

I had totally forgotten about this dude. He was pretty sweet there for a while in TNA. I thought the belt was going on him and he was getting over. He had a lot of charisma going as well.

He likely was never a big draw/star... then again he was way more interesting that Goldberg and look at how over that clown was.

I always liked Brown, he had a great gimmick, one of the bst nicknames in the business (you cannot tell me that "The Alpha Male" is not awesome!), and a completely unique finisher. He should have been a champion in TNA, he was always there or thereabouts but this was in the Planet Jarrett period where Jeff constantly seemed to have the belt.

Brown was stupidly renamed in WWE as Marcus Cor Von, given appalling ring music and then never used properly. Sadly family issues made him leave the business and those were unavoidable but I always wonder how far he could have gone in TNA had he remained there.

I do think he would have been a World Champion, but since Hogan,. Bischoff etc have come to TNA and brought in the big names from elsewhere- Anderson, Hardy etc I think Brown would have been reduced to midcarder level like Samoa Joe and D'Angelo Dinero, occasionally getting a small push to be jobbed out to Jeff Jarrett or Abyss.

I never saw any appeal in Monty Brown whatsoever and I still don't. He did have some semblance of personality but that doesn't mean that it was good. He was lousy in the ring and even more so on the m icrophone. Monty Brown may have cut the most annoying promos I've heard over the course of the past decade. He makes The Pope seem like Chris Jericho. I especially hated that call or whatever the hell it was he did.

Monty Brown had mediocre written all over him and had he not left TNA, he would have been completely overshadowed by any number of much more talented wrestlers. His departure from TNA and later the WWE was probably a real blessing in disguise. In another few years, I'll be surprised if anyone remembers his name and rightly so.

Uh, dude, Monty sucked. Weak mic skills, sloppy in ring, 0 charisma. He is a Black Ultimate Warrior minus the WWf machine pushing him down the collective throats of the wrestling world:banghead:

He was pretty fun to watch. But he always seemed so out of place. Unless he was feuding with Rhino and Abyss, he looked like if he just didn't fit with the rest of the TNA roster. He was a powerhouse in a company that revolved around Lucha Libre and hardcore wrestling. His feuds with Jeff Hardy, Christian and others just seemed pretty wrong.

However, I disapprove about the finisher thing. I loved the Pounce. It had that same feeling Goldberg's Spear had. But again, the out of place thing comes along, because if he wasn't making the X Division fly off his shoulder, he was bumping into Abyss or Rhino. Sadly WWE didn't capitalize on him. Not even in WWECW.

I think he would have been a maineventer pre-hogan era i think he could have been a big part of the tna frontline against the mem he was ok on the mic when he wasnt screaming and decent in the ring and i thought the pounce was a believable finisher in my eyes. but i dont think much would have come for him after hogan and eb and may have gotten the daniels treatment

I was doing some YouTubing and came across this delightful little glimpse from TNA's past. Not saying this is enough evidence to prove that TNA is better off without him, but it does remind me of why I called him "The Alpha Fail."

[YOUTUBE]ZInbDzjOdjU[/YOUTUBE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back