• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What if John Cena gets injured heading into Wrestlemania 28?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amazing_blue

Pre-Show Stalwart
As we all know, The Rock is locked in for Wrestlemania next year. His big return to in-ring action is against none other than John Cena. But let's say that Cena has a torn ACL and can't compete at Mania?

What would you do with The Rock in this case? What would the WWE actually do?

I guess If it was me making the call and we had an injured unable to perform John Cena on our hands, I'd have them both come out face to face on monday night raw, and have them officially reschedule for SummerSlam or when he's able. Then As the show is about to go off air i'd have Randy Orton, or taker to interrupt and challenge rock to a match at mania. Therefore giving the fans something they never thought of happening , all the while being able to get cena at summerslam or the next available ppv.

I didnt even think about that...
What could they do??
I dont really know, but since he doesnt do highly difficult "wrestling moves" it must be hard for him to get a injury...
But it could really destroy the porpuse of WrestleMania 28!!

Lets hope not, since i really want to see this match happening!!

John Cena FTW!!

It's simple, he would face The Miz. They have history and he's the backup plan, I can say that very confidently

Well the first thing to do is check every rooftop in the near vicinity because Vince will be about to jump. Second, you call Steve Austin/Shawn Michaels and you say name your price to get back in there one more time and face Rock. Those are really the only two major matches you could say would be as big as Rock/Cena and Austin might be a stretch. Shawn vs. Rock never happened and would be a great in ring match, but the money would be on Rock vs. Austin IV. They're both still relatively young enough to make it exciting and having one more for the ages would work. In short though, you pray it doesn't happen because there hasn't been a build like this in decades.

WWE would be fucked. Plain and simple. everyone would revolt for booking the main event a year in advance. However, I expect Cena to participate far less in house shows and even matches on Raw as the months get closer. That is why the speculation that the match will be for the title is shocking - if Cena is the champ he cannot be a non-fighting champ due to this gimmick and he is going to be seen at every house show and expected to compete.

I wonder if Cena will go into a "training" program and not wrestle before The Rock

Well theres really 3 options, as has already been stated The Miz already has history with The Rock so thats a simple set up straight away. Have Rock appear on Raw, Miz attacks him etc. Option 2 is beg and plead with HBK to come back for one last Wrestlemania moment, and a 1st ever match with The Rock (never going to happen in my opinion). Thirdly would be have one of the top young heels, for example Alberto Del Rio, attack Cena and "take him out". Then Rock calls out Del Rio for costing the people the dream match. Fairly simple booking really, and I'm sure it's something that Vince wants to be prepared for just in case.

IF and only IF it happens im gonna thnk its gonna be either miz/rock or rock/austin. but my money wud go towards austin/rock cuz its the only match tht wud sell as big or possibly bigger than rock/cena

but once again if cena OR the rock got injured ud find vince jumping off the empire state with a bottle of vodka as well as a knife with which to slit his throat on the way down

btw what r the chances of the rock winning at wm. if its not for the title maybe he has a shot. and does this mean tht the rock might win the royal rumble or something??

I personally think they should have had Rock "injure" Cena at mania and keep him out of the ring for a few months before having him win the title. It's been a while since Cena has been injured so I feel like he's due for one. Plus you're putting the WWE title on him for what looks like the next 11 months so that means his schedule will be full on until mania

if he does then my pick would be orton as he can say that he's already beaten him there. So my pick would be for The Miz, Triple H, The Undertaker, Christian or Orton as these guys have history w/ Rocky and those matches would be believable. Who wouldn't want to see the Battle of The Peep's Champ w/ Christian vs Rocky.

If this happens i would do an happy dance:lmao:

All joking aside, i would think Vince has a plan for such a situation. Miz vs Rock would be the only option remaining.

Not a bad question.

There's plenty of options. HBK, Triple H, and Undertaker would all deliver the same "dream match" that Rock vs. Cena is. Or you could give the rub to a current star like Orton, Miz, or Del Rio.

I think it depends on what it happens. If it's early (before the Rumble), I think they'd go with one of the current guys. But if it happens after the Wrestlemania card is starting to take shape, they could go with one of the other guys that might not have otherwise had a match on the show.

I think The Rock would have to fight someone else who was big. Who you ask? I think WWE will pick The Undertaker, we're yet to see that at Wrestle Mania.

If John Cena was injured during the road to WM next year, I'd laugh out loud because WWE has already put so much promotion into this match, and so many wrestling fans (myself not included) are so excited to see this that WWE would be scrambling for a fix if Cena was so hurt he couldn't wrestle. The only thing I can think of for them to do in this situation would be...oh wait, I don't really have a suggestion because Rock vs. Cena would be the guy who hasn't wrestled in 8 years vs. the guy who can't wrestle PERIOD. Yawn.

This, This is why I just simply cannot understand AT ALL why they want him to be champion from now till then.

As champion, he has to wrestle PPV quality matches, they just put him in a cage match. These matches are high risk.

Why they would want him doing more than he needs to is beyond me, and there is the possibility of Cena getting injured, so why aren't they building up new stars, and pushing the younger guys like hell. Just in case Cena Vs Rock does fall through. The rest of the card will need to be epic..

If cena were to get hurt between now and mania, WWE would struggle to find a suitable replacement and the miz is not the answer he's not worthy of headlining mania with the Great One. the miz has been rammed down our throats for the last six months and is nothing more than a midcard competitor with decent mic skills, Randy Orton is the ideal canditate and it would be third generation superstar vs third generation superstar.

Originally I was gonna go with The Undertaker because Rock would be a threat to his streak and they never faced off at Mania before however I've just remembered one other man who Rock could be a dream match for and that's Randy Orton. Both men have similar upbringings, 3rd generation wrestlers, they were both IC Champs while in a group and they won their first World Titles at 22 & 24. I remember reading that Triple H considered Orton "the next Rock" back in 2004 although Orton is more like the next Austin now. But put Orton up against Rock, it would kinda be like Austin vs. Rock again not on the same level as the real Austin vs. Rock matches though and considering their similar upbringings, it would also be Rock vs. Rock. So it's a match for me and Orton is the next top star after Cena anyway, so makes sense. Randy Orton vs. The Rock.

only one man can fill a big main event spot like that. the undertaker. he has wrestled the best these past few mania's michales, the game, why not the rock if cena is injured

Chris Jericho! whould be who i would replace cena with because you know the match wouldnt let down and the promos would be golden. Randy orton would be the most logical pick but the promos would suck cause orton isnt that good on the mic. Undertaker would be the best pic because he and the rock have never faced at WM The last outlaw vs The peoples champ would be a good fued

Well there are a few different routes they can go depending on the time frame of an injury if one was to take place. I'm gonna list the best possible choices IMO they could take depending on the situation.

The Rock vs. The Miz for the WWE Championship It's already been stated that Vince thinks highly of Miz so if Cena got hurt I'm thinking Miz would be the one to become champion again & he would challenge Rock because Rock embarrassed him at this past Wrestlemania so the feud could be built on Miz wanting revenge against The Rock.

The Rock vs Randy Orton 3rd generation superstar vs. 3rd generation superstar enough said.

The Rock vs HBK This is definitely a dream match that a lot of us has been wanting to see, now I don't know how they could build the feud seeing as HBK is done but this would be a clash of the egos like we have never seen before.

The Rock vs. The Undertaker They have been apart of some epic battles w/each other in the past but never at Mania. They could have Taker come out & say The Rock lied to the people about accomplishing it all in the WWE cause he never took on the streak. Taker can even go so far as to say Rock left WWE cause he was scared of getting his ass beat by him at Mania.

The Rock vs. Stonecold We all know that Rock/Austin 4 would draw big time at Mania so Stonecold could easily replace Cena if he got hurt & I'm sure Austin would do the match to if he thought Vince really needed his help. Austin could come out & say that the lost he took from The Rock in his last match has been eating away at him for years & now he has an opportunity to leave on a high note.

I would honestly Mark Out because the match will actually be exciting because Cenas not in it.

Well actually I hope it wont be that bad.But if Cena is injured I can see a main eventer who isnt in a feud come out and challenge him

If John Cena gets injured and cannot compete then there is obviously a major problem. I believe there is only 1 way WWE can appease the WWE Universe and The Miami Crowd. Orton, Miz, Del Rio are not the answer. Yes it would be interesting but is no way near the size of The Rock vs Cena.

The only solution is give The Rock a crack at the streak. Rock vs Taker. Failing that then pay Austin big bucks to come out fo retirement for Rock/Austin IV. Anything else wouldnt measure up.

It seems to me that the worst thing to tell a wrestler is to go easy because the company can't afford for him to get injured before a major PPV. I've always heard that a performer is better off doing things the way he normally does; if he tries to do it halfway, there's even more of a chance he'll get hurt because he's breaking his normal routine and his body might not adequately compensate in time.

Plus, if someone like Cena tones down his act too radically, the audience won't appreciate his efforts as much. His repertoire is well-known to the fans and to deviate from it could cause negative reaction from them.

If a major star gets hurt before a big event, it's a tough thing, but soft-pedaling his normal routine could create even bigger problems than the injury. Just have to conduct business as usual and hope for the best.

While it's possible, Cena has been fairly safe when it comes to how he moves around. He takes care of himself.

However, I have a feeling that the E will make sure to keep him safe in the months leading up to WM. I see his work-load lowered and his actions kept to a minimum. So, even if he injures himself in the next few months, he'll have plenty of time to recovery. As long as he's essentially injury-free within two months of WM, I think we're set to see the match take place.

Hopefully, he doesn't get injured and hopefully, The Rock doesn't have to pull out for some reason.

If Cena gets injured its bad, but what if Cena and The Rock both get injured what would Mcmahon do? Don't tell me Rock is only wrestling now, he probably has movies to do so he is more likely to get injured than Cena. If both of them are out and it happens right before wrestlemania, call CNN quick because Vince will have a gun to his head and will shoot himself Ben laden style. Why in the hell did they book that match 1year in advance is beyond me, there is so much that can happen between now and next wrestlemania that i would think Vince wouldn't be crazy enough to book a match i year in advance. But hey he gave Cena his title back and is willing to have him defend the belt for 1 year, so i guess Vince is crazier than we thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back