What if ECW wasn't replaced by NXT?

WWE.IS.AWESOME

Future Women's Champion
I have a question for you guys. What if ECW wasn't replaced by NXT?

There are PLENTY of things to consider.

1.) Nexus would never have happened. That means none of those storylines would have happened and our current storyline with CM Punk would not exist. What do you think John Cena, CM Punk, etc. would have done instead of the Nexus storyline?

2.) Daniel Bryan wouldn't be US champ, so who would?

3.) NONE of the NXT rookies would be in the WWE.

4.) ECW would obviously still be around. What would the ECW superstars be doing right now?

5.) Would any of the ECW stars still have switched to either Raw or Smackdown?

There are more things that would have changed, also.

Discuss.

If NXT never existed, there is a fair chance that the members of nexus would have began their singles careers on ECW then moved to whichever brand. As for Nexus never being started, you may be right there.

Most of Nexus would never have made it out of FCW

Michael Cole would have stayed just another announcer

Plenty of ECW stars would have switched I mean that was practically the whole concept that as soon as they got too big they moved
Zeke and Christian for sure
Husky and Henning would likely have joined with Ted
Gabriel would probaly teaming with Evan Bourne

I doubt we would have even heard the names like Tarver, Young, Titus or Lucky Cannon

Otunga would have taken the Mixz route likley and tried to be a "party host"

Bryan would have likely asked for his release (Small possibility Daniel Bryan might still be US or IC champ as they might have hot shotted him into the gimmick instead of having his fued with Miz)

Kaval would not as he woudl have been hotshotted into a program with Rey

Wade Barret hard to say he might be teaming with Drew or else he would be doing the Alberto Del Rio gimmick

Brodus would be a BG

Well I would probaly think that
Wade Barret would be on SD doing something similair to Sheamus and regardless would be in the ME pic

Slater/Gabriel would be like Hawkins and Archer if they are even still with the E

Otunga/Bryan would be in the race for IC and US titles

Jericho would still be in WWE he woul probaly be in the ME PIC

Batista most likley would have returned and won like 2 more titles already.

ANd for Bryan he would have won an X Division Championship already

And for Nexus In WWE there would most likley be a huge stable muvh like nexus but with established superstars already like Miz Punk Del Rio and a Heel Matt Hardy
Matt Hardy still be in WWE bc probaly would of had a title shot bc of the NO NEXUS more air time for MH

Christian would never have had that awesome run as worl......oh, wait, never mind. That never happened.

We would probably still be suffering through 20 minutes of the Tony Atlas show instead of matches. The thing I liked most about WWE's version of ECW is that because the roster was so small everyone got a shot at the title. It's a shame that they didn't have more championships, but I understand that with the small roster and only an hour of programming they could only do so much, but everyone had a chance. There wasn't a designated upper- or mid-card and I feel that is what's missing now. ECW was what Super Stars should be, guys like Barretta, Reks, maybe even Kaval would be dominating right now. No, they wouldn't be Raw or SmackDown main even level yet, but they would certainly getting more exposure than they are right now on Super Stars.

Matt Hardy still be in WWE bc probaly would of had a title shot bc of the NO NEXUS more air time for MH

that doesn't make sense, since hardy is on smackdown and it wouldn't affect him because Nexus is on raw.

anyways to the topic, many things might not have happened...heck we could have still had 3 brands running right now. But that's the thing about Wrestling and Entertainment, things can change in a flash.

hey mr. neuxs=barrest success. i have 2 issues:

Jericho would still be in WWE he woul probaly be in the ME PIC

Batista most likley would have returned and won like 2 more titles already

number one, how would there being no NXT brought back batista and jericho, batista left to pursue acting and jericho left for his music or something i dont know. those 2 are crazy.

you daniel bryan one, uhh maybe in TNA..MAYBE

but other than those stupid points, there would be no nexus, we would now have heard of slater,gabriel,titus,harris, brodus clay, otunga,ETC. they would have went ot ECW with a lame gimmick and got burried on SD or RAW IMO NXT was a great thing to happen, look what storys theve brought us....barret vs cena...nexus vs RAW locker room...nexus vs taker.....CM Punk vs cena......a mini punk vs barret......givign big Z a credible role.....and possibly a SD nexus vs RAW nexus. so to be honest without NXT wwe would suck....

1.)Nexus would never have happened. That means none of those storylines would have happened and our current storyline with CM Punk would not exist. What do you think John Cena, CM Punk, etc. would have done instead of the Nexus storyline?

Honestly, it seems like something like Nexus was planned for the very beginning of NXT. The first season of NXT was the only season that WWE had full control over who won and got eliminated (no WWE Universe voting). They buried Daniel Bryan by making him lose all of his matches then storyline kicked him off (It was ironic how he was brought back every week to feud with Cole). I imagine that something similar could have still happened as it was a plan for new talent to get a major push.

He might actually would have been US champion even longer (or IC champion). Bryan was on his way to the main roster either way, he could have even debuted sooner if he didn't fired.

I agree that not all of them would have but they were all in FCW so it was only a matter of time until they popped up on the main roster but I do agree that all of them wouldn't be on the main roster.

4.) ECW would obviously still be around. What would the ECW superstars be doing right now? 5.) Would any of the ECW stars still have switched to either Raw or Smackdown?

I feel like ECW was on it's way downhill either way. It wasn't a too surprised when it got kicked off the listings. It would be interesting though to see what would have happened to Christian since he did switch to RAW then got traded to Smackdown where Del Rio injured him. Possibly knocking him out of a title picture.

Also, Goldust got somewhat of a push this year with his feud with DiBiase which seemed pretty big for him considering that he has been getting buried for a while. If he was stuck on ECW then he would have probably continued to be a jobber.

I have a question for you guys. What if ECW wasn't replaced by NXT?

There are PLENTY of things to consider.

1.) Nexus would never have happened. That means none of those storylines would have happened and our current storyline with CM Punk would not exist. What do you think John Cena, CM Punk, etc. would have done instead of the Nexus storyline?

4.) ECW would obviously still be around. What would the ECW superstars be doing right now?

5.) Would any of the ECW stars still have switched to either Raw or Smackdown?

There are more things that would have changed, also.

Discuss.

WWECW as I started calling it after there was nonone from the original left, would've been canceled. The ECW diehards rejected the show after all of the ECW originals were fired. There was nothing extreme about the WWECW like it's original. In the beginning the new ECW did have that edge to it but once that was taken away along with the originators it became Tuesday Night Heat. In the beginning WWE was on the right track w/ ECW,but like Shotgun and Heat it became a meaningless show with uninteresting storylines and matches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back