• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What if Cena joined the Corre???

DethMetal

Best for (the Music) Business
Another insane thread from moi.:shrug:

So, as I was watching the catastrophe that is Monday Night RAW, I noticed that the Nexus got booed way more than the Corre. In fact, the Corre got a decent reaction from the fans last night. Everybidy has been wanting a full on Corre v. Nexus reaction. Well, what if Cena joined the Corre to give it that 5th person?

People will say that Cena doesn't need to be in a stable. This doesn't even need to be for a long period of time. However, I could easily see the Corre turn face over the coming weeks. Cena would join them, not being able to take the New Nexus alone. Cena joins the Corre, and we have Nexus v. the Corre at Wrestlemania(and even after that, I still see Cena getting drafted to SD! to continue as a member of a face Corre).

With that in mind, please...discuss.

it would be odd seeing Cena pairing with Barrett. although Wade did say he respects John. I think the Corre should be heels or at least tweeners, as opposed to face. they could still feud Nexus. I dont think Cena should be the fifth member of Corre.

Plus as we seen on RAW, he attempted to pretty much screw over both Nexus and The Corre, and keep them out of the rumble, which of course didnt quite work. Cena obviously doesnt care for Punk or Barrett

This will never happen, ever. But it isn't that bad of an idea. THere is only one problem, though. John Cena is on Raw and Corre is on Smackdown. However if Cena stayed on Raw's roster but made apprearences on Smackdown every week then that might boost Smackdown's ratings. I think if this were to happen, it would only be to continue a Punk/Cena program that I quite frankly would love to see continue. I have always wanted these two to feud and it finally happens and they have a match in what two or three weeks into the feud. I was hoping it would be a long drawn out feud between the two and didn't have a one on one match untill Wrestlemania. I don't see this happening but I wouldn't mind him joining Corre.

I Was Just Thinking this the other Night, Because The Corre is a Army Type Term. and Cenas always wore Camo and done the Salute thing,seems like he's fit right in as the leader just like punk took leader ship for nexus,even tho corre doesnt believe in having a leader all of a sudden lol.

Alright, Pakeeza seems like spamming, but on topic. Cena in the Corre is interesting, but the battle between Barrett and Cena doesn't seem quite done yet. I'm hopeful that Wade gets Cena to just bury the hatchet after the Corre helps Cena fight off the N.N (New NeXus). Hey, a guy can dream can't he?

oh ya cena should totally join corre and then start new t-shirts saying "your either corre or were at war",then wwe will make more money and then cena will leave the group after a few t-shirts are sold, LOL! HELL NO CENA SHOULDNT JOIN THEM!!!! ARE YOU HIGH??

First of all...Raw is not a catastrophe, but it is full of issues that people who are too pretentious to sit back and enjoy the product are bound to fall prey to.

Now...I realize you're not really predicting anything, and you realize the idea will never actually happen. So, I'll bite. It wouldn't be the worst idea in the world, and nobody would expect it. I can't imagine Cena joining up with Barrett again given the choice, and he's obviously shown that he can beat Nexus... However, I always thought the Nexus lost steam and deserved to have a huge Wrestlemania quality match, given that they were all that anybody talked about for the better part of 2010. I suppose it's a possibility, and it would keep Cena out of the main event... Not bad.

I really don't see this happening at all, but I don't think that's the point of this thread -- is it? It's not whether or not it will happen, but whether or not it's a good idea...right?

On Raw, Barrett said something to the effect of "...Cena will never like me, but I hope one day he'll be able to respect me...respect me the way I respect him..." (sorry, it's not verbatim). I don't believe these words were scripted as a way for Cena to join The Corre, but rather a way to make Corre the team to cheer in the inevitable Nexus/Corre feud. WWE Creative realizes that Punk is more over as a heel than Punk is, so naturally the Corre would play the faces/tweeners in this feud.

(side note: the spelling of "Corre" just looks atrocious...I hate that I have to type it that way! LOL!).

Even though I don't see Cena becoming a member of The Corre, I could see him tagging with them somewhere down the line. Obviously we're going to see a Cena/Punk feud sometime this year, and Cena might use the old adage: "the enemy of my enemy is my friend". I could DEFINITELY see that happening if the Corre/Nexus feud lasts more than a few PPVs, kind of like the way Goldberg tagged with the Wolfpac (to fight Hogan and the nWo) back in the WCW days.

As ECWcyrus already touched on, I don't think Corre should be (or would work 100% as) a full-fledged face stable. Hell, I could see Cena feuding with Barrett just as easily as I could see him feuding with Punk. Obviously Cena will end up being an "army of one" (ha!!) against both groups, just like the way he was this past Monday night.

Like I already mentioned, the absolute most I could see is Cena tagging with Corre against Punk's Nexus...as commissioned by the anonymous GM. Not a bad thought all-together though, if Cena was just keeping his head above water I could see this happening.

I could see this angle working better for a "former" main-eventer who's in need of something productive to do...someone who's kind of floundering between the mid-card & Main Event; Big Show would fill that role pretty well.

don't really see Cena joining Corre with all his history with 3/4 of the members. Also, I don't see him joining Corre and everyone being faces. The only way some storyline where Cena joined Corre would be as a heel, and frankly I don't really see any feasable storyline where Cena would turn heel to join Barretts group.

I think that if there's a chance (albeit extremelly miniscule) that Cena does turn heel and join a group, it'd be New Nexus. There a few feasable storylines there, one of which I've - in my nightly battle with boredom and insomnia - briefly outlined below in an effort to show just how elaborate it'd have to be for Cena to join the more logical of the two groups.

Something along the lines of (and this in no way would ever remotely happen because it'd involve Cena just cleanly losing a few times):

- Punk/Cena continue their current feud. Punk cuts promos discussing why Cena isn't champ, mainly based around how Cena's desire to be such a fan favorite has caused him to become predictable and stale. In his efforts outside the ring to gain everyones approval, he's lost his fire and determination.

- At their first PPV, Cena submits to the Anaconda Vice. No intereference or anything, just a clean win.

- Punk cuts more promos discussing Cena's loss of will and resiliency. Punk tells Cena that the old John Cena would never have tapped out; Rather he would have fought with everything he had and either found a way out or passed out. He's become weak, but that's just because he's had nobody to guide him in so long. His promos continue with explaining to Cena that he doesn't hate him at all - he's just disappointed at what Cena's become lately and is trying to help. He offers Cena this help - he'll guide Cena personally ... all he has to do is join New Nexus and Cena will eventually be "right" again.

- Cena refuses, and apologizes to the Cenation for quitting - it won't ever happen again. Punk then asks Cena if he would like to put that to the test, and challenges him to an I Quit match at the next PPV. Match is booked.

- The I Quit match ends up being a brutal match - again with no interference - eventually ending with another clean Punk win and Cena saying I Quit.

- Punk calls Cena out and again informs him that a lack of guidance along with Cena's willingness to please these irrelevant,nameless,faceless fans has turned him into a quitter. Punk shows footage of different crowdshots from the aftermath of the I Quit match, depicting disappointed faces on all the fans. Punk tells Cena that he's sacrificed so much for these people, and rather than respect him for that, these judgemental fans look down on him whenever he isn't superman. He has nothing to prove to these fans, and needs to get quit worrying about apeasing them and start figuring out how to get his career back on track.

- Again Punk offers his own personal help if Cena joins New Nexus. Cena doesn't accept, but doesn't really decline either, and just walks away.

- Punk begins another feud, this time against Randy Orton (still a tweener) for the WWE title (which Orton won at some point up to here).

- Their PPV title match is going back and forth when Randy gets the upper hand. Randy RKOs Punk as some form of distraction occurs. While the ref is distracted, Cena comes through the crowd, into the ring, and delivers an AA to Orton, pulls Punk onto Orton for the 3 count. Once Punk comes too, Cena kneels and raises his arm to Punk, receives his arm band, and is now part of New Nexus.

Again, this is a basic,uncomplicated, and brief outline of a Cena-turns-heel-and-joins-New-Nexus storyline that will in no way shape or form ever happen due to the impossibility of Cena ever losing cleanly (hell, or tapping out) among other things. I outlined it just to show just how complicated/time consuming a storyline would have to be in order for Cena to even join New Nexus, which is the more possible/beleiveable of the two groups. I just see no way that Cena could join Corre and have it make any sense whatsoever. Now, he might team with Corre as their 5th against New Nexus in a PPV or something, but the "enemy of my enemy is my friend" aspect doesn't really involve him joining Corre.

*Side note: I wish they would do something like that storyline - only beter because they are the f'n WWE and I'm some guy fighting sleep - though. It would accomplish a lot of things:

1. The heel turn on Orton would catapult him from "Tweener guy acting like a bad guy but getting huge pops" to a legit face as he takes on New Nexus - culminating in a Heel Cena v Face Orton match that would draw huge and not even need the belt.

2. It'd give Cena/Orton some big time matches in the main storyline without needing the title. It felt like last time they wanted it to seem like they were extremely close with the hot potato-like passing of the title back and forth - which I think hurts a little. This also gives more room for guys like Punk/Miz/Morrison/Ziggler/AlbertoDelRio to become huge main eventers with title matches not being clogged up by the same old Cena/Orton stuff.

3. Punk's character gets a huge huge boost with its cult-leader persona. Sure, he's brainwashed a bunch of people already, but this would be like the holy grail for his character. Also, the two clean wins over Cena makes him seem like the ultimate heel - he can beat the fan favorites in the ring on his own, and he can play psychological games with them as well. Kinda sorta similar to a prime-HHH heel... but seems like it'd be even better.

4. The current members of New Nexus have more options for storylines when the group eventually breaks.

5. Cenas character gets some depth as he's finally enountered an opponent in the beginning that can cleanly beat him, and then we get to see the psychological aspects of what giving up and disappointing the fans he's always been trying to love him would do. Then, his character gets a rejuvination as a heel.

Again though, it'll never happen. Instead we're gonna get a 1-2 match feud where Cena squashes Punk or loses to him due to interference and then move on :(

If anything, Cena will form a group to destroy the Nexus and the Corre, that's what I'm thinking.

Probably something like Cena, Triple H, Randy Orton, and maybe a young up and comer, or two, Morrison maybe?

I don't see Cena joining the Corre, although I do think he should move to Smackdown.

See this is what I've been thinking for about a week now. There are rumors swirling that Nexus and Corre will face off at Wrestlemania, and I'm sure this what everyone fully expects. However, with Nexus having 5 people and Corre having 4, I could see Cena reluctantly teaming with Corre in an elimination tag match at Wrestlemania to ultimately rid himself of the Nexus problem once and for all. However, I also predict that if this were to happen that Cena would also attack Barrett at the end of the match since Corre are on Smackdown and Cena is on Raw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back