• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What If: Bobby Roode Had Won The World Title At BFG 2011?

The Extract

June 16th 2011-September 11th:TNA/IW announced a tourney to decide on a number one contender for the World title at BFG. Bobby Roode was victorious after making it to the final four, then beating Gunnar by submission, and Bully Ray via pinfall at No Surrender.

October 16: at Bound for Glory, Roode failed in his attempt to win the TNA World Heavyweight Championship when he was pinned by Angle, after the referee failed to notice his arm under the ropes AND Angle using the ropes for leverage.

November 3rd: A week after James Storm wins the World title from Angle, Roode beats Storm by smashing a beer bottle on his head, and picking up the pin.

So my question is, What would have happened if Roode had won the title at BFG 2011?

I believe that it would have meant a MUCH shorter reign for Roode and a MUCH longer reign for Storm.

I say that because(and this is just how I would book it): Angle would try to cheat to win the title in the rematch, but Storm comes out to stop Kurt, and Roode wins. Roode goes on to face many heels(Bully Ray, Gunnar, Samoa Joe), with all of them trying to cheat to win, but Storm always comes out to save him. Then after a match, Roode is celebrating, and Storm Superkicks him. They end up feuding with Storm saying that he deserves the title more than Roode because if it wasn't for him, he wouldn't have the title. Thus starting Storm's title reign.

I think about this now and then. When Angle beat Roode I thought it was terrible of TNA, but in the end they ended up proving me wrong and I'll hold my hands up to that!

I think things would've played out much the same way as they have, except Storm would've been where Roode is. I think Storm would've faced Bobby in November and used the beer bottle on him. And I think Storm would've cut a promo along the same lines Bobby did minus the "selfish generation" thing.

Storm would then take on allcomers in the same way Roode has. The only difference I think is that Storm's reign would end at Lockdown with the same amount of hype going into it. I don't think management would've had enough faith for Storm to have a heel reign longer than that.

I think we'd be at the same place. Roode would win and TNA would have a great moment, and I think the series would mean a little more. Next night Roode would say that without Storm he wouldn't be where he is now and he's give Storm a shot. Angle would come out and say he has a rematch clause, so it would be announced that Angle vs Storm later in the night would be a number one contender match. Storm would win.

Next week on Impact it's Storm vs Roode. Roode controls the whole match, but Storm hits the kick out of nowhere for the win (same exact way Storm won the title in real life against Angle). Throughout the next month we see Roode start showing heel tendencies and start breaking away from Fortune.

At the PPV Roode hits Storm with the bottle and gets the belt back. Next night he cuts the promo saying Storm should have just been happy for him, and he blames Storm for the split and the whole selfish generation thing, and now where right back to where we are now.

If he had won it then I don't think much would be different. I think that James Storm would get tired of being thought of as "the weak link" off Beer Money as Roode is the champion. Kurt Angle would probably try to drag them away from each other so that Kurt could have Bobby Roode all to him self. I think then at the next PPV... it would be Bobby Roode v. James Storm v. Kurt Angle with Bobby winning. Then it would pretty much have gone down as it did from then on.

I think we would be in the same spot we are in right now but with Storm being the heel champion and Roode in the BFG series looking for revenge.

Cannot say for sure, but something tells me that if Roode had won, he'd still be a face, Storm would have had a short run as a heel champ, and bully ray would be champ now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back