• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What Exactly Do You LIKE About The WWE Product?

CH David

A Jock That Loves Pepsi
Last week, or maybe earlier this week, not sure, the time has kind of blurred for me, anyway, I saw another thread asking the changes we would make with the WWE right now. To me, it seems to be brought up every few months, and is kind of annoying, but my opinion varies from yours.

So having said that, because people feel that changes just absolutely need to be made to the end product on our television screens, I want to know the opposite. I want to know what you actually like about the WWE Programming. Be it an angle, or a character and how he/she is doing. I just want to know if people actually do enjoy the product. Because from what I see, a nice portion just like to watch and bitch about it.

The number one thing I enjoy, easy, CM Punk. CM Punk is my favorite wrestler, and the Straight Edge Society is simply fantastic. Luke Gallows is a good powerful enforcer to back Punk up, and Serena, well Serena is awesome, and I enjoy watching her. The group as a whole is something dark, and Punk is playing the Savior bit to a T.

Number two thing. I'm digging Sheamus as champ, and have since he won the title. He may not be as "strong" as some may think a champion should look, but I am certainly liking what he has been doing. The sneak attack on Triple H and Cena this week, awesome. I don't care if he gets the win tonight at EC or not, I'm a fan and I hope he can stay around and do well.

Number three. Well I could probably have said this at the start and saved time, but I am actually enjoying most of the stuff going on both Raw and Smackdown. (Didn't watch ECW, and won't be catching NXT much) For Elimination Chamber, I like Kane vs. McIntyre. ShowMiz is still starting out, but a nice potential for Miz to go even higher. Bret vs. Vince, the Cena-Batista thing that seems to be shaping up. Hell, I am even liking the Mickie vs. Michelle feud. I am enjoying the WWE on my television lately.

So what do you actually like about the WWE? Please don't post in here if you don't like anything. There are other threads for that. And please don't spam.

Creatively... Nothing at all. I mean, what is that they're putting out Monday nights?

What I like best of all though is their production.

So what do you actually like about the WWE? Please don't post in here if you don't like anything. There are other threads for that. And please don't spam.

Really? It took the first post to completely not read what I was getting at? Seriously, read it man. What, you like the production? What the shit is that? You know what, fine. You like the production. Why? Seriously, I think your post could be spam. But I'm not a mod so I don't have the say. But if you want to post in this thread, all I ask is something that it contributes. Also, if you didn't notice, there are 2-3 other WWE shows during the week. ECW, now NXT, Superstars, and Smackdown. Is that really that difficult?

I'd also like to add that the Shawn Michaels going kind of psycho in his quest to face the Undertaker at Wrestlemania is quite fun to watch. I haven't seen this side of Shawn in a while. He is going nuts because he hasn't been able to get into a World Title match with him. I like to see that he isn't just a happy go lucky guy in DX, or what he was last year this time as the sulking employee of JBL.

I don't really have a problem with what the WWE has been doing for a while. I don't mind the PG thing, the storylines, or the cast of wrestlers I get to see, or the completely ridiculous stuff that happens. It's all apart of the show for me. The people I want to win a match don't always win the match, so that I sometimes disagree with. But, other than that I am pretty well taken care of. My favorites aren't always where I'd like to see them, but I am ok with that too. It's all apart of the game. Everything can't go the way each and every one of us individuals thinks it should, that's too many directions.

I think WWE does what they do, better than anyone on the planet. I don't even need to go into detail about that one. The WWE is a well oiled machine, that churns out the best wrestling entertainment in the world, on a more frequent basis, on a far grander scale. They have THE best talent in the business as well. There is plenty of former talent out there who can attest to that. It takes more to go like the WWE does. Nonstop, year round. Do I think there's things they could improve? Always. Of course there is. That doesn't mean I don't like the product, or that I am turned away by it though. A lot of the stuff you hear is just griping, or else someone is mad that (insert name) isn't getting used a certain way. People always defend their favorites.

I wish there were a more viable way to meet them and get autographs or something. Some kind of opportunity outside of seeing them in the ring to meet them. We always wait outside for hours no matter what the conditions. I've been rained on, snowed on, wind chilled, frozen, heat exhausted, rubber legged, and damn near trampled trying to get autographs before and after an event. That's the only thing that really bothers me. I know they do stuff like that a lot of other places and I'd like the same opportunity. No one ever told us to stand outside and do all this stuff to meet these guys, but it's often a fun part of the experience. I guess since we bought the ticket, they performed, and we watch, our relationship which was conducted as strictly business is over, you don't owe me anything. They aren't obligated to do anything short of get on their bus, in their car, whatever else and leave. We greatly appreciate anyone who does take the time to sign autographs and take pictures though. That's probably half the reason Des Moines cheers Kofi Kingston, MVP, Matt Hardy, etc... They all normally do that stuff.

I think the WWE is doing exactly what they need to be doing, and are making the right moves to continue to have success. I know I will be watching, and I know most of you will be too. The complaints are always going to be there, but when you look at everything else outside of WWE, there isn't anything that really compares. TNA is making their attempt at WCW glory, but that's not the here and now, WWE is he big dog in the yard. They are the ones everyone want to be, that everyone knows does is bigger and better. They might not always make the choices we as fans want, but they always end up delivering somehow. People complain about it being too predictable, I would say that instead they have found a formula. I think they stick with it because it's something they recognize that WE the fans recognize and respond to.

I don't think the question for me is "What exactly what DO you like about the WWE?" It's more "What don't I like about the WWE?" I am pretty satisfied all around. I think once this Monday night thing gets rolling a bit they are going to surprise everyone too. It's just starting as far as I am concerned for the WWE.

I think what is good is that it pertains to the children cause when i was young i always wanted to be that entertainer that would be cutting promos and kicking ass i mean kids have the best imagination so WWE did a good job cleaning its act and giving a good show despite it not being the WWF attitude era.

i did like the fact they gave the championship to sheamus i was at first not with it because i was like who is this guy beating up jamie nobles lol who he think he is the 2009brock lesnar but i think it gives something new to the table...i mean i am kinda gettin tired of seeing John Cena vs Randy Orton vs Triple h... It gives fresh new matches not to mention a better storyline plot...

Wasnt pleased that they kill the ECW franchise i mean in reality you cant keep the product if all the originals are gone but im lookin forward to WWE NXT like to see where will they take this new idea to...

I like Jericho and how well he plays a heel. he is definately my favorite wrestler, and he can get under your skin and play any type of heel. cocky, savior, coward, and i love his wimpy stuff he does, like when he was kick out of raw by the lockerroom and he was whinning that he wanted to stay. pure gold.

even though i hate orton, i like his little spasms he does. thats about it, lol.

morrison is amazing to watch in the ring and i think he is the first morrison, not the next hbk or whatever.

big show is actually entertaining me now in his tag teams. he plays his role probably better than most people on the roster.

i gotta agree with you and say i really love the angle that they are going with with sheamus. he plays the underdog heel in a way, and that is very fresh to wrestling.

hbk's fall into insanity has really sparked my interest, and i am definately looking forward to the ec

hhh and cena have stepped aside to give the new guys a chance to shine, and taker is making everyone look like gold on smackdown

even though i dont like cena's character, he has really improved in his in ring character, and i respect him for his love of the business and all the stuff he does for children and organizations

r-truth entertains me from his rapping to his moves, and i hope he gets a chance to step into the main event in a couple years

the lines between main eventer and mid carder have been blurred with all the fresh faces in the main event scene. even if they are not champs, this year alone we have scene kofi, morrison, r-truth, the miz and sheamus all either become champs, have a mainevent match or have a fued with a main eventer (i.e. kofi with orton, truth and morrison with punk and jericho for truth, and the miz with cena)

michelle and mickie have had the best women's fued since lita and trish imo

batista does a great job as a heel, and i am actually looking foward to his match with cena, and the whole bret hart angle with mcmahon.

i have found some, not all, of the guest hosts entertaining, and even though it does take away some from the wrestling, they tend to just make it one segment. and if one looks at it without the cynical eye, they can be pretty fun.

punk is doing amazing in his stable. i loved him emulating jesus with the rko to rey rey. they have been the most legit stable in a long time in my opinion. legacy is just three guys that are all the same. ses has punk as the savior leader, his big fanatical follower/ enforcer luke, and serena does a good job of throwing herself in the way to protect punk. (i was hoping that hbk would have actually connected with his superkick, lol)

chistian has really become amazing, and i look forward to what he can do on smackdown. hopefully something with edge. either a fued, please wwe, or reform the tag team to take on another team.

finally, i like the range of wrestlers that have just started. im a big fan of yoshi tatsu, sheamus and even drew to a lesser extent.

in all, they have really turned themselves around this year imo, and i look forward to next year, and hopefully rock can host raw, which would make the entire year in 1 night for me.

From a creative point of view? Nothing. I honestly can't remember a time where I have been less impressed with the storylines the WWE have been putting out there. IMO the way they have handled the Hitman's return so far has been criminal. This should have been the hottest angle in a long time. It's not Bret's fault, he has done his best with what they have given him. I was all for a slow start, building momentum for Mania but after the god awful car incident last monday I am begining to lose hope. The only other thing I can think of that has caught my interest at the moment is HBK's plunge in to insanity and how it will come to a head. That really is the only thing I can think of from a creative sense that I'm close to liking right now.

That being said, I still think that WWE have some very good talent. I think guys like Undertaker, HBK, Orton, Edge and particulary Chris Jericho are the only reason I continue to watch. I also like the potential other talent are showing. John Morrison, Kofi Kingston and my future favorite superstar (assuming I'm still watching) The Miz. I also have to admit I find Santino rather amusing...

On the whole though, the talent of the superstars can only go so far without decent creative backing and at the moment that is at an all time low. I'm begining to wonder why I even bother with it anymore...

I'm enjoying the buildup with Vince and Bret Hart. It's pretty sad that in the past month WWE has done more to get Bret over then WCW did in his entire stint there.

I like where the HBK story is going. He always has his best stories and feuds leading up to Wrestlemania.

I actually enjoy the guest host concept. I just wish they would get bigger stars. The Jerry Springer segment was the best thing i've seen on Raw since HBK Jesus Kicked that little girl last year. If Jerry was going to host Raw, then thats exactly what i wanted from the lower mid card.

I really like The Miz. He's pretty damn cool and he's the wrestler I NEVER thought I'd like. I like Miz because he accomplishes his goals both in real life and on TV. In real life he came up with "The Miz" and decided that he wanted to be a successful wrestler for the WWE. So what did he do? He worked out, trained hard, said his prayers and broke into the WWE, paid some dues and now he's a champion. I liked when he switched to trunks, and developed an attitude. "I'm going to be the next WWE US Champion". He said that and then proceeded to set his sights on that title and evantually win it. He got randomly teamed with Show, he said "We're going to be the next Unified Tag Champs" Bam! They beat DX. At this point if the Miz comes out and claims he's going to win a title, how can I argue with him?

I like Maryse. I think she's the perfect top heel in the Divas division.

I like Dolph Ziggler. Appearence wise he reminds me of Stunning Steve Austin back in the early-mid 1990's in WCW.

I like that Captain Charisma is going to get a chance to shine on either Raw or Smackdown.

I like how they're building up Cena and Batista even if it probably won't be the greatest match ever. It kind of has this big match feel.

Apart from the car accident Bret and Vince is doing nicely.

I like Sheamus as champ too. At the start I was like most people thinking wtf but he has impressed me in the ring each and every week. I would like to see him a little stronger though and I hope he wins at ec by pinning 2 or 3 guys. But I still don't hope its him and hhh at mania even though it prob will.

I like the way the wwe are building up mania like anybody could meet anybody. You're not sure who hbk, taker, edge or sheamus will face(although most of us on the internet know pretty much what will happen)

I'm liking a few of the storylines they're doing leading into Mania. Minus last week, Bret/Vince has been great so far and has been something I've been wanting to see for years. It would've been hard for it to live up to all the hype but it is doing well.

I'm also enjoying the HBK angle with him being obsessed with Taker because it is a little different, the way the Cena/Batista feud has been booked so far because it has been made to look big-time, Legacy's slow break up which I'm sure will elevate both Rhodes and DiBiase and Punk and Jericho's characters because they're just both fantastic heels.

This has turned out to be a harder question than I first thought.........

Wrestlemania is still the biggest wrestling event in the world and the build up to it generally makes for some good T.V, as well as putting on some amazing matches at the event itself. MITB is always entertaining because it is so rare to see most of the WWE guys in an extreme spot fest, hopefully they haven't scrapped it. HBK and Taker always have great matches, whether against each other or not, and with the exception of last years, the Main Event always has such a big match feel to it which is something I think lacks throughout the rest of the year.

The Straight Edge Society on Smackdown is probaly the best thing going in WWE right now. CM Punk and Gallows make for a pretty good duo and I think WWE has done a great job of building Punk the way they have. I can see SES being a major stepping stone for Punk to make is way into the main event scene on a full time basis. I see Punk as one of the strongest charcters on Smackdown and think he is one of the best natural heels around right now and I can see the SES dominating Smackdown sometime after Mania.

I like the fact that they finally decided to get rid of ECW and just let it rest in peace, and I also like the concept of the new show NXT. It seems fresh and original, but I hope it doesn't turn out looking like a really scripted and lame WWE version of the Ultimate Fighter.

I also like Maryse, but then again, who could say that they don't?

I like there roster. To be honest with guys like HBK, The Undertaker gone, they would still be doing very well. In my opinion, WWE may have the most potential roster in the world. Think about guys like John Morrison, Kofi Kingston, CM Punk, Randy Orton, John Cena, The Miz, MVP, Luke Gallows and the Divas Division is starting to improve.

I may be in the minority here, but I still like pretty much everything about the current WWE product. Despite the constant criticism and complaints from the smarks on sites such as this one, I feel the WWE is still the face of professional wrestling, with no competition anywhere on the horizon, and I feel it is as good as it's ever been. The only problem is that it faces more intense scrutiny than it ever has, and cannot live up to the expectations of the increasingly impatient and never-satisfied current fan base.

I like the fact that the WWE still has a top roster of established superstars. HHH, HBK, Cena, Jericho, Edge, Orton, Taker, Batista, Mysterio, and others, a roster that any wrestling promotion would kill to have. Sure I don't like every single one of these guys (Batista or Mysterio for example), but has there ever been a time when a fan liked everyone on the roster? You cannot please everyone, and wouldn't it be boring if everyone liked everyone on the roster?

I like the development of younger superstars. Sheamus, Kofi, DiBiase, Miz, Swagger, MVP, Morrison, and lots of others. The best of both worlds if you asked me. Of course if you go with the guys in the above paragraph, fans complain about a stale product. If you go with the guys in this paragraph, the same fans complain that they're not ready. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. But personally I feel the WWE has a great mix of established veterans and young up-and-comers.

I like the anticipation of the unknown. What trick is Vince going to produce? I would put nothing past Vince, and the anticipation of what will happen if I watch, or more precisely, what will I miss if I don't, makes the current WWE great.

Love Maryse. Love John Morrison. I think the NXT concept has potential to be interesting, more so than a third brand which was struggling to break the 1.0 ratings barrier.

The production value of WWE is so much superior to anyone else. It's nice to watch a product that doesn't look and sound like it's being filmed in a school gymnasium in front of hundreds of fans.

Do I love everything in the current WWE, absolutely not, but I've been watching wrestling for a very long time and at no point did I love everything about the product. There's plenty about the current WWE that I don't like. Hornswoggle, the over the top comedy skits that aren't funny, the lack of a plausible divas division or tag team division, the lack of blood or edginess of the product, and I'm sure there's other things as well. But if I were to go back to the Attitude Era, or the Hogan Era, or whatever, there were problems then too. We've all become spoiled as fans. Back in the pre-RAW days, the entire WWF show was superstar versus anonymous jobber, with maybe one main event match, and we all watched and didn't complain. Nowadays if the entire show isn't 5 star matches, people moan and bitch about it. Back in the 80's, it was Hogan and nothing else. Either Hogan won, or he lost to set up the rematch which he would ultimately win.

Personally I think people need to relax and just watch the show and enjoy it for what it is. And stop being so critical and analytical about everything. It could be worse. It could be the Eric and Terry show,emanating from the iMPACT zone and struggling to reach 1.5 in the ratings.

1. Intensity. When John Cena gets in the ring with a microphone, and starts telling the crowd about how much he loves the WWE, about how much respect he has for the troops, etc, and his face gets really red, and you wonder if he is about to pop a vein...you know he isn't bullshitting anyone. Cena is incredibly passionate for the business. In the same token, someone like Randy Orton, Cena's polar opposite, is just as intense. While wrestling characters are essentially just physical actors, playing a role, Orton really pulls off being a huge ass. He has been incredibly effective portraying this completely diabolical/stop at nothing ruthless guy. And it looks like he is having fun doing it...

2. The roster. TNA fans will never admit it, but the WWE roster is vastly better. All you have to do is ask yourself two simple questions. If I am TNA, how many of my wrestlers would I be willing to give up in a trade with the WWE? Then, if I am the WWE, how many of my wrestlers would I be willing to give up in a trade with TNA? I deeply suspect that TNA covets far more WWE wrestlers than the WWE covets TNA wrestlers. Do I think TNA would love to have John Cena, Randy Orton, HBK, Edge, the Undertaker, CM Punk, Kofi Kingston, the Big Show, HHH and Chris Jericho? HELL YEAH they would. How many non ex-WWE TNA wrestlers would the WWE want, realistically?

3. Production values. I disagree with those who insist that having better production values is meaningless. Its like a company that requires its employees to dress up. Why? Because if you look more professional, you act more professional. When I watch Raw, from a technical standpoint, and see the glitz, the fireworks, the ungodly expensive entrance way, etc, it feels important. It feels like they understand that visual appeal matters...and it does. TNA fans refuse to admit that, but, you know its true. When a big budget special effects laden movie comes out, what is one of the first things criticized? Lame special effects. When it comes to Hollywood, we generally don't like shoddy special effects ruining what otherwise is a decent movie. If that wasn't true, James Cameron could have saved about 150 million off of his 200 million dollar Avatar budget. Well, the WWE tries to give us the best TV product it can. Or, compare it to a sports car. If the body is ugly, nobody gives a damn what is under the hood, its not going to be a huge seller. If the corvette didn't look like it does, it isn't as popular, period. Visual appeal matters. TNA fans are like those phony guys who claim that they don't care what their girlfriend looks like, that its her personality that matters...When you know damn well that while they claim their girl has a great personality, they have thought once or twice how great it would be if they had a great personality AND looked like Kelly Kelly...The WWE fans get it all. They get great wrestling, and a great visual experience. (hell, all you have to do is see the Undertaker's entrance live, just once, with the smoke and lightning, etc and you are convinced about the visual appeal)

4. Wrestlemania. Wrestlemania has the feel of the Super Bowl or the Finals of the NCAA basketball tournament, game 7 of the World Series or Stanley Cup, something like that. It is something that every wrestler dreams about headlining, whether they work for the WWE or not. If you asked any TNA, WWE, ROH, or any other wrestler, if they had the choice to main event Wrestlemania, or whatever their company's biggest event of the year is, how many of them are actually going to say they wouldn't want to go to Wrestlemania? How many of those TNA wrestlers are going to sit at home and order that PPV just like millions more Americans next month, despite it being a WWE PPV? Wrestlemania is simply, the biggest event a professional wrestler can ever be a part of.

Maybe the question should've went into a little more detail. By "What do you like", is it referring to storylines or anything at all about the WWE as a product?

Storyline or character wise there isn't much to actually like. Wrestlemania is coming up and I am heart broken that I could care less about it. Looks like no one new is climbing the mountain as I would've liked, as we haven't crowned a 1st Time World Champ at Mania since WM21...I digress though, back on topic.

Looking forward to Cena/Batista II. I thought their first match was good. Would've been more epic if this was Cena/Batista I. The first one was kind of thrown together.

CM Punk has a great character and stable going for himself. I also love how he puts someone over every single week, and still comes out looking strong. He is drawing heat like none other. Would be great if he was World Champ.

There is nothing else that interests me on WWE Television creatively, but the production value is second to none. The whole visual experience is better than ever, from the set up of the stage and arena, to the look of the wrestlers. The theme songs are also amazing, as most of them are real songs and not just generic guitar riffs.

WWE is Awesome! Ok. They have ups and downs, but stuff that I like is
young and devolopment superstars such as Miz, Punk and Ryder to be as good as veterans and get real good pushes. They have a good amount of superstars on each of the brands and free agents/not assigned.

The creative scene I like because of the unpredictilibilty of something, I didn't see HBK going all sycho. I didn't see Sheamus as WWE champ at first but he deserves it.

Television: RAW is good with comedy not as great with the PG Era but pretty good.
Smackdow is the best it has ever been, I make sure I tune into this every week.
ECW was a pretty good product, a good tribute to ECW at first, then the devolopment I such loved.
Superstars, needs to be moved to a different channel so I can see the show but checking results not that bad, should have two hours I say and maybe on Saturday replacing AM RAW. Then, feature more devolopment.

PPV: Great, love it especially the themes

Divisions: Main Event- Good, can get a little stale but they fix it real quick
Mid- Awesome, love it could add prestige to the IC and US champs.
Tag- I feel can be fixed, right now is good.
Womens- Good, I guess should feature equal amount of divas on all brands

Overall- WWE is a great prduct and not RHW(Retirement Home Wrestling) I mean TNA, and I see it as the face of pro wrestling and for a very, very long time.

I'll start off by saying I generally don't have a problem with the current product.

I loved the CM Punk/Jeff Hardy feud last year and really think they're doing great with pushing Straightedge Society as a heel stable, maybes needs another recruit but there's time. The guest host system, to me, works. I mean it gives you variety each week without harming storylines, fair play some have bombed but some have been good. The wrestlers, Randy Orton, Ted DiBiase, Cody Rhodes, HHH, HBK, Undertaker, Kane, Edge, Jericho, Punk, Christian, John Morrison, Miz, Rey Mysterio, William Regal, Tatsu, Goldust and so many others I've grown to like as characters since I started watching it, and those listed along with others I think put on some entertaining matches. You get the odd shock factor aswell, MITB cash-ins are undeniably one of the biggest parts of the shock factor, Edge cashing in, Punk cashing in when no one expected it. Christian's return, Punk's heel turn Batista's heel turn, ShoMiz winning the Tag Titles, Jackson winning the ECW Title, things I was surprised at. I think that when they actually pair up two divas who we know can put on a worth-while match rather than skipping is good aswell. Mickie James and Michelle McCool put on a good match at TLC, Maryse is getting there and Melina is valuable to the womens division, Gail Kim is seriously under-rated, I'd love to see her win the Divas Title but I think that they'll go with Maryse which is a shame. I don't think the PG rating has affected it as some people say, there's less of what we used to see but there's other places where we can get our fix, nudity, easy one that, swear words, listen to some Eminem maybes? Violence, horror movies? I'm not a big Cena/Batista fan at all but they've pushed it greatly so far with their feud, obvious they'll face off at 'Mania with Bret and Vince involved somehow but its logical at this point. Sheamus being WWE Champion, it adds variety, the most recent guy who was fresh to hold a World/WWE Title was Jeff, Sheamus has been on a hot streak and looks even more credible heading into the EC PPV tonight. Drew McIntyre has a great future ahead, he has a good look, been built up the right way, and is doing great as a Champion. I think a lot of the younger guys have a great future who'll soon replace 'Taker, HHH and HBK as the guys to carry their brands. I'll also add that I don't think the gimmick PPVs have been as bad as people have reacted either. Did I like the old names? Yes, but has it effected the quality? No. Breaking Point, although I didn't see all of it I enjoyed what I did see from it, TLC came off great and it didn't seem bad having three HIAC matches in one night, you had Undertaker and Punk, of course 'Taker was going to set foot into a structure he and HBK pioneered. DX/Legacy, understandable given the feud, came off great, and Orton/Cena, made sense given how they feuded for the majority of the summer. EC is essentially NWO, ever since '08 they've had 2 EC matches and it hasn't affected the awesomeness that NWO is. Production-wise aswell, when you watch Raw, SD and when it was around ECW everything is professional, pyro, lighting effects, stage, titantron(s). Everyone looks pro aswell when they cut a promo, whether they're dressed in street clothing or a suit or just their normal wrestling gear. You can tell that the wrestlers want to be there aswell, for the ones that are married and have children of course they'll miss them when being on the road yet at the same time they're doing what they love and for the most part doing it for the ones they love aswell by earning the right amount of money to support their families. Chris Jericho, Christian, Big Show and Jeff Hardy before leaving last year all returned to WWE aswell, two out of the four never even went close to TNA when they were out, so despite WWE's hectic schedule they still wanted to go back because they knew that they'd be treated great. And the final thing I like is their wellness policy. They were right to enforce that, they even offered Eddie 'Umaga' Fatu rehab, Jake Roberts was offered rehab aswell so it shows that not only would they punish guys if they failed a test which is the right thing to do but also help those that would need it.

From what you said you like Shamus i cant really dig that...the WWE product is at a all time low...the things i like are...
Undertakers long reign ( seriously he needed this title reign )
I also surprisingly like the stupid fake leprican angles ( they are funny )
but theres more i dont like like which young stars like the awful Ted dibiase getting a push while Jack swagger is getting buried...really this is probably the worst phase WWE has gone through...horrible time being a wrestling fan

The main reasons that I enjoy/watch WWE are;

- Jericho - He really is the best in the world at what he does right now, he makes for compelling TV.
- Miz - How fucking awesome is this guy? I am digging the three belts too.
- Sheamus as Champ - I didn't like him at first, but he grew on me fast and I think he really is a good champion, someone fresh and new with the title too.
- Michaels/Taker buildup - Intruiging TV.
- Bret Hart's return - WTF was with this past weeks RAW? But other than that, it has made for compelling TV that makes you want Bret to return and kick Vince's arse.
- I'm looking forward to WM, and Edge v. Jericho especially.
- I love Punk and the straightedge society, I hated him as a face, but his heel character is awesome.

What do I like?

First, Friday night Smackdown. Im assuming the writers for both shows are different, and it shows. They keep storylines fresh and exciting. There seems to be purpose behind said storylines, rather then the "I hate you, you hate me" aspect Raw predominantly brings.

The focus is on the wrestling. You can tune in to Smackdown any Friday night and see at least 3 or four matches that go more then 10 minutes, and have clean finishes. Again, this is the opposite of the "A" show, which tries to make room for it's comedy, promos, and guest hosts. All of the WWE tv matches of the year are on Smackdown.

They have the best mic guys in the business. No offense to Cena, HHH, HBK, or Orton, but they're repetitive. Smackdown has Edge, CM Punk, and Jericho, who I consider to be the three best mic guys in the WWE right now. With Christian likely headed there, that would be the four best.

Rarely do you see long feuds on Smackdown. Edge lost the belt to Hardy last year, who moved on to Punk. Once Punk was finishes with him, it was on to the Undertaker. Undertaker then defended in a four way, then against Batista. He then moved on to Mysterio. The main event scene always feels fresh.

Second, I love the Bret Hart-Vince storyline. It's straight out of real life, so the promos don't feel forced. Wasn't a fan with the whole car injury angle, but that's a minor quibble compared to what has been a great "re-opening of the wound." They way they've executed it, minus the one hiccup, has been phenomenal and compelling.

Third, I love their roster. There was a thread up about "What could have been with Jack Swagger." To me, that indicates depth within a company. U have so many guys waiting their turn, which is nothing but a GOOD thing. Guys like Kingston, Bourne, The Hart Dynasty, MVP, etc are biding their time waiting for their shot, whether it be at a mid-title, or at the big two. That to me is a great sign of depth. NXT should only produce more depth, and hopefully, more, and more meaningful undercard feuds.

Fourth, I love the fact that they're surveying us, the fans, about ppv concepts. Whether they listen or not is highly debatable, but at least they're making an effort. They should be applauded for that in general.

Fifth, I love that theyl've begun to push the guest host to the backburner. Springer was on the show for all of 15 minutes on Monday. Carl Edwards got in the neighborhood of ten minutes. I think that after Wrestlemania, they may abolish this concept altogether. Until Springer, they've made less of a joke out of the guest hosting position and less emphasis on him recently. Smarter booking.

I'm sure there's alot more I like, but thats all I could come up with off the top of my head.

Forget about the wrestlers for a second....and I'll tell you what I like, even if it sounds silly.

I've always been a fan of the music and have always gotten behind guys with good music. Even as a kid. Rick Rude. Ted DiBiase. Jake Roberts. The Rockers. I'm just a big music fan. Jim Johnston is one of the most overlooked, underrated behind-the-scenes guys in the history of WWE. If you have a really dope entrance song, I'm gonna get behind you.

Some of the wrestlers with good songs I like off the cuff are Christian, Evan Bourne, CM Punk, Legacy, Jack Swagger....I still love "Sexy Boy". One of the best things they ever did with HBK was never change his entrance song. Jerishow's was awesome and I was so sad when they broke up, mainly because I knew that was the end of Crank The Walls
Down.

Even the songs that open up the programs.....I don't really like Nickelback, but the new song is way better than Papa Roach's song and maybe one of Nickelback's best, and the best one was Union Underground.

So, the music. TNA's music is awful, and most of the time when they finally get a good song, they fuck it up by changing it 3 months later. The Beautiful People's "Angels on my shoulders" and MCMG's "1977" by Bang Bang are perfect examples! The only song that I love is Abyss' theme. Which might be why Abyss is my favorite.

Next up, the Titantrons. Again, I know that might be silly, but I love the colorful and huge Titantrons and all the pyro and the cool entrances WWE has. TNA's is awful! I liked the idea of having the faces come out of one side and the heels out of another, but they did away with that too. It just keeps getting worse, and worse!

I don't love WWE's announcers, but TNA fucked up a good thing too when they removed Don West. When they were doing the whole Don West being Bobby Heenan and Mike Tenay being Gorilla thing, they were really on to something. Tazz is just awful. All WWE has to do is bring back Jim Ross and again they're ahead on that one too.

TNA has a better ring announcer in David Penzer. WWE's are not that good.

Now, the wrestlers. I probably only root for maybe 1/3rd of the wrestlers on WWE's staff. But that's a good thing. That means there's plenty of guys I don't like for them to beat. And most of them get used correctly. TNA? Whole different story. And the ones I do like (Abyss, Chris Sabin, Robert Roode, Daniels) are getting buried or misused....the only one with any upside is Desmond Wolfe. I wish every one of them would go to WWE more than the guys in WWE I like go to TNA. And ultimately, that last statement should be the one that matters the most.

Forget what the past is or what potential a company could have, status quo, based on everything above, that's why I like WWE more than TNA.

What do I like? Interesting question.

I liked ECW. It was always solid, with a good promo, a mix of veterans and new guys, and good in-ring action. And on that note I'm really looking forward to NXT. It looks to be a ton of fun, and I LOVE how they're building Bryan Danielson up, as he's one of my favorite wrestlers.

Smackdown is a very good show most of the time. R-Truth is great and I wish they'd give him a main event push.

I love the production values WWE has. Everything is so clear and nice-looking. The video packages do great jobs of explaining feuds and making awesome moments even more awesome. The titantrons are really, really well-done. Go look at The Miz's Tron if you don't believe me.

I like The Miz. He's a great case of a new superstar working his way up, and I like that he has three belts to drag around and brag about. I also like CM Punk, and the SES. The whole storyline has tons of potential if only they can capitalize on the momentum.

Natalya, Beth Phoenix, Mickie James, and Serena are all really good-looking ladies.

McIntyre has a cool entrance.

Bret Hart is on my TV screen weekly.

There is a lot more I could talk about, but those are the big things I like about the WWE right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back