What do you want from Post Mania Raw & SD

mooseman

Pre-Show Stalwart
Everyone knows the night after Mania RAW is arguably the biggest night of the year for WWE as it sets the tone for the year and I think this year Smackdown will be as impactful as RAW.

RAW
- Kurt Angle named GM
- Angle's 1st move as GM mystery opponents for Enzo n CAss' newly won tag titles which ends up being The Hardyz
- Elias Samson makes his debut and goes down in the record books as the last victim of Goldberg's spear
- Finn Balor returns
- Show closes with Heyman and Brock. Heyman talking about how the 1 blemish on Brock's record has been extinguished when all of a sudden the violins start playing and Shinsuke Nakamura makes his debut. WWE has had no issue mentioning NJPW so what a perfect way to bring in Nakamura and make an immediate impact.

Smackdown

- Eric Rowan returns
- 4 way #1 contenders match for the tag titles: American Alpha vs Th Ascencion vs the debuting DIY and The Revival
- Asuka debuts and squashes her way to the SD Woman's title
- The 1st brand trade is announced: AJ Styles and Kalisto for Roman Reigns and Sami Zayn

This is the first year really that we'll get the "Smackdown after Mania" and I hope WWE treats as such.

RAW
- I'm expecting for sure a Finn Balor return, if he doesn't already return at Wrestlmania.
- I'm expecting Kevin Owens to defend his United States championship against the ATGMBR winner, Sami Zayn.... because it's been so long since we've seen those two fight. Zayn wins.
- What's next for Roman Reigns? - Joe?, Brock?, Finn?, Braun again?, Smackdown?
- Emma returns

I'm not so sure Nakurmara debuts this week or not. If it is this week, I could see it being on Smackdown. But if he's slated to go to Raw, I think they hold off on it for a bit.

What about Seth Rollins? I'm guessing regardless the outcome he takes a little more time right after mania. He may cut a promo on Monday. But I would have him lay low still for the next few weeks.

I'm also torn about the GM thing. I think it will be Kurt. But I'm not sure if that's the route that will be best overall.

SMACKDOWN LIVE
- AJ Styles getting back in the title picture.
- Shane or DB will grant Styles his 1v1 rematch
- The Usos vs. American Alpha rematch will likely take place.
- Could also see Rowan returning. But I could also see that taking place during the match at mania. I could see both Rowan and Harper getting involved on Sunday.
- Elias Samson or Ty Dillinger answer a Dolph Ziggler open challenge

Maybe we see the Hardys. I think if we do, it'll also be on Tuesday night. After the Usos beat American Alpha they get on the mic and claim to be the greatest tag team of all time.
Out come the Hardys saying that they are actually the greatest tag team of all space and time (or whatever)

I'm excited for the weekend and the Monday and Tuesday that follow regardless if any of these things actually happen!

On RAW I'm 100% expecting the return of Finn Balor, there's an outside chance it could happen at Mania but I think they'll save it for the next night. I'm also expecting them to name a new GM.

On Smackdown, I'm hoping for a big debut. It doesn't have to be monumental like Nakamura but I'd like it to be someone bigger than Elias Samson who is all but locked in to be on one of the two brands following Mania. Someone like Asuka or The Revival. I would definitely more prefer The Revival as it would be a shot in the arm to a tag team division that desperately needs one.

That's really it, my wishlist isn't too big at all.

But one thing I am curious to see is what they do with the Universal Championship. I've been under the belief since Goldberg/Lesnar for the title was rumored to be a thing that they won't have a part time World Champion on one brand especially the A brand, and a full-time World Champion on the other, at least for a significant amount of time. Granted that's basically what they have now but it'll only be for less than a month by the time Goldberg loses at Mania and with the way they've booked Wyatt since winning the title, he might as well be a part-timer. I think we might be in for a big swerve with the Universal Championship, at the very least a program will be set up where Brock will defend the title at Payback and lose it there because I can't see him realistically holding onto it any longer than that.

This year's post-WrestleMania week is made even better by the fact we have a SmackDown after Mania to look forward too as well. And as much as I expect Raw to deliver like it usually does after WrestleMania, I think SmackDown has the potential to blow it out of the water still.

Finn Bálor MUST be back by the end of Raw. I'm not necessarily holding my breath for a WrestleMania return, but with the non-sanctioned stipulation between Seth Rollins and Triple H, I fully expect that to allow some sort of interference. If Samoa Joe interferes, and I assume he will be at WrestleMania somehow, then Bálor returns here. But a return on Raw would be awesome too.

A new general manager for Raw would be fun. If it is Kurt Angle, you ABSOLUTELY MUST have Kurt Angle and Brock Lesnar in the same ring. The crowd will not only explode, but what a moment it would be. Plus it would make sense for the new Universal Champion to meet the new general manager.

As for the Universal Championship, like some of the above posts, I'm expecting some sort of swerve. I'm not sure where Lesnar goes after Goldberg. Also, where does Roman Reigns go? Or have I answered my own question *sigh*?

SmackDown just needs to be SmackDown. AJ Styles facing whoever the WWE Champion is in the main event would be fantastic. I'm also interested to see how they handle Shane McMahon. How can you possibly have Shane and AJ on the same show post-WrestleMania without some sort of issue? Maybe this is where the trade happens?

As for any debuts, I think the shows will be stacked as they are. Let some time pass before bringing up the likes of Shinsuke Nakamura or Tye Dillinger. With Bálor back and Samoa Joe probably getting something proper to do, where is the room? If there is a debut, I expect it to be on SmackDown. Cena is supposedly leaving again soon, and that leaves a massive hole. SmackDown has no one major set to return either, so let the debut be there.

Raw
* Return of Finn Balor. Raw needs some fresh faces.
* Either Revival or The Hardyz for tag team division.
* New GM could be Kurt Angle.

Smackdown
* Nakamura or Bobby Roode
* Either Hardyz or Revival

What about the draft? When could it take place?

Also, if AJ Styles stays on Smackdown, a title feud with either Randy Orton or Bray Wyatt. I think that Bray Wyatt should retain but it's unlikely. You could even make a case for Miz if he would get a win over Cena at Wrestlemania. But he's going to lose since it's Nikki Bella's last match.

RAW--

1) Kurt Angle as GM... I actually want heel Kurt Angle so we get the "you suck" chants back in full force. I definitely want this to happen and think it will.

2) Finn Balor returns - Have him return with the Demon Entrance. I think they'll insert him in the title picture right away but I don't think he should be in it immediately.

3) Miz and Maryse traded from Smackdown to RAW -- Either "trade" them or have Daniel Bryan "fire" them after Wrestlemania. Miz is on fire right now and even though they will lose to Cena and Nikki, they can keep his momentum going because he's so good on the mic.

4) Enzo and Cass as RAW Tag champions challenged by the Revival.

Smackdown --

1) Asuka - I thought she'd win the belt at WM but seeing as that match is on the pre-show, she probably won't debut until Tuesday. I would not be totally shocked if she walked out of that first Smackdown after WM as the SD Women's champion but at the very least I want her to debut.

2) Edge as Smackdown GM.... Daniel Bryan is done after Brie has the baby. Bring in Edge now and call it a day. I know he and Beth Phoenix just had a baby so it might be a long shot but he should be the SD GM.

3) Reincarnated Sister Abigail... Not sure who exactly this should be but either way whether Bray Wyatt wins or loses at WM, they need to bring in Sister Abigail.

4) Shinsuke Nakamura - It's time. Bring him up and put him on Smackdown.

simply put what i would love to see is vince Mcmahon comes down to the ring at the beginning of raw and give his evolution of the brand split and then announce that since stephanie wasn't able to keep her GM, then he would name one for her and that man is Kurt Angle. Also he would announce that their would be a draft on raw next week and that everybody is eligible to be drafted, which means that if you're a guy from NXT that's going to debut on raw or smackdown this week, that doesn'T means that you will stay on thoses brand after the draft.

RAW
-Finn Balor returns to RAW....i want him to return at WM when Samoa Joe interferes in the Rollins match, Balor saves Rollins
-Kurt Angle is named GM and quickly trades Rollins, Zayn, Rusev, Bo Dallas and Cesaro to Smackdown for AJ Styles, The Miz, Kalisto and Luke Harper.
-Gallows and Anderson meet up with DYI for the first time
-Kevin Owens defends his US title to Sheamus and starts a feud with him.
-Finn Balor challenges Brock Lesnar for the championship, Joe attacks him and a triple threat is set up. AJ Styles (who's not on RAW yet because the trade just occurred) is debuts the week after.
-also Nakamura debuts on RAW and that's the next opponent for AJ.

Smackdown
-Seth Rollins debuts on Smackdown and is quickly attacked by (hopefully) the WWE Champion Bray Wyatt and Rowan.
-Zayn debuts on Smackdown and is quickly attacked (before his debut match) by the IC Champion Corbin. Dean Ambrose makes the save.
-Cesaro debuts and meets up with Dolph Ziggler.
-Randy Orton comes out and wants a re-match....Bray Wyatt comes out, Randy is attacked by Rowan and then Bray runs down, Randy is getting the better of them, then the newest member of the Wyatt's Bo Dallas attacks and joins them.
-Alexxa Bliss claims that no woman on Earth can beat her for her championship and makes a challenge for the next smackdown ppv to any smackdown woman who wants her....Asuka debuts and accepts the challenge.
-the Usos beat American Alpha in a great tag match, then the Hardys debut and hopefully are attacked by the debuting Sanity. (doubt that last part happens)
-Bryan makes a triple threat match with Bray Wyatt, Randy Orton and Seth Rollins.....another triple threat is in the works with Zayn, Ambrose and Corbin.

I realistically want to see one thing happen... other than Kurt Angle coming back in some sort of on-screen role. I want to see Lesnar defend his title against somebody, particularly Balor and/or Owens as they would make the most sense. Balor never lost his title in a match and Owens is still owed a rematch and a Lesnar match on Raw would be fitting for the night after Mania. And I want to see him lose the title.

He doesn't need it and the title doesn't need to disappear for however many months coming out of Wrestlemania. For some reason, they wanted the title on the line for Goldberg/Lesnar, probably so they could have a legitimate reason for putting it on last or whatnot, OK I get that. But let's not hold the title hostage again just so we can repeat Mania 31 only this time at Summerslam, or god-forbid Mania 34. Or you know what, just give Reigns the damn match the next night as we all know that's where this is heading anyway.

Anyone other than Lesnar holding the strap is honestly good with me.

I realistically want to see one thing happen...

Anyone other than Lesnar holding the strap is honestly good with me.
i hope that happens, i really do....but i dont think that will realistically happen. i dont see WWE having Lesnar drop the title to anyone on RAW and as much as i hate to say it, but i dont see him having a short reign. My hope is he loses the title the next night on RAW too and if not RAW, at least at the next RAW PPV and have him lose it in a triple threat match to Samoa Joe (who pins Finn Balor).

What I want WILL NOT HAPPEN, but hey... a girl can dream.

1. Kurt Angle returns...TO SMACKDOWN LIVE!

2. The Hardys return to SDL as well to beef up the tag scene, much like the Dudleys did a couple of years ago. or was just last year? I can't remember.

This one could happen, but we'll see...

3. I want to see Champion Bray Wyatt BE THE FOCAL POINT of the main event scene.

What I want WILL NOT HAPPEN, but hey... a girl can dream.

1. Kurt Angle returns...TO SMACKDOWN LIVE!

2. The Hardys return to SDL as well to beef up the tag scene, much like the Dudleys did a couple of years ago. or was just last year? I can't remember.

This one could happen, but we'll see...

3. I want to see Champion Bray Wyatt BE THE FOCAL POINT of the main event scene.
i dont want to see Angle return to smackdown live, i kinda want him as the gm of raw (like many)....the 2nd thing COULD happen though because Smackdown's tag team scene is very weak, but i also could see them go to RAW after Anderson and Gallows win the Ladder Match and claim they are the Kings of the Ladder Match.

These are predictions, not necessarily wants.

Raw
- Finn Balor returns on Raw and confronts the winner of Lesnar/Goldberg.
- Rollins feuds with Samoa Joe
- Vince McMahon shows up, gives new Raw GM special powers over Steph and Triple H
- Kurt Angle is named new Raw GM. Debuts as face but aligns with Steph comes summer time
- Reigns doesn't turn heel. Announces push for Universal title
- Sasha turns on Bayley
- Charlotte goes tween and feuds with Dana and Emma. Turns heel again by summer
- Revial debut attacking new tag champs Enzo and Cass
- Jericho and KO continue to feud after Jericho's title defence
- WWE continues to do nothing with New Day

Smackdown
- Orton aligns with Harper and Rowan, leading to double turn with Bray
- the Hardys debut as team extreme with slight broken undertones, attack Usos and American Alpha
- the loser of Nakamura/Roode debuts
- Asuka debuts, confronts new champ Naomi
- kayfabe injured Ambrose continues feud with new IC champ Corbin
- John Cena is written off TV by Miz sneak attack beat down
- Shane is off tv after ludicrous Mania spot. Bryan and AJ feud outside the ring. AJ begins storyline of wanting to be traded to Raw

At this point in time I don't even know what I want anymore. Don't know who I want to debut, granted the person I want, won't anyway. So yea conundrum here.

My wishlist would be this, and keep in mind it ain't happening.

The Hardy debut at Mania in the RAW tag ladder match.
Asuks somehow gets her ass onto the main roster hopefully SD.
Angle becomes GM of RAW.
Nakamura gets called up.
Draft is announced in the next couple of weeks to shake up the rosters.

Have the Draft Live on Raw the night after Mania. With Raw being 3 hours it's the better show to hold the draft. 7 picks for each brand

Raw - Styles, Ambrose, Cena, M. James, B. Lynch, American Alpha & The Revival
Smackdown - Balor, S. Zayn, Cesaro, S. Banks, New Day, Rusev, & Asuka

Post Mania Feuds
Raw
Universal Title (Champion Lesnar) - defend it every PPV
* Challengers - Reigns, Styles, Ambrose, Stroman, Owens, Joe, Rollins, & Cena
HHH's group (HHH, Joe, Owens, Anderson, & Gallows) vs. The Shield & Styles
Club turns on Styles moving AJ to face
Tag Division Improves greatly with Enzo/Cass (Champs) vs. The Revival, Alpha, Anderson/Gallows, etc...
Charlotte can regain the title and continue her feud with Bailey and an incoming Becky Lynch & Mickie James.
* Instead of being drafted have Nakamura debut at Summerslam to challenge Owens for the US Title.

Smackdown
Wyatt family re-forms at Mania as Bray retains. New Wyatt Family is (Bray, Harper, Rowan, B. Dallas, & Ruby Riot (Sister Abigail).
* Post Mania WWE Title feuds - Bray vs. Orton (continued), Bray vs. S. Zayn, Cesaro, Big E., and eventually Balor (this needs to be saved for next year's Mania).
* Tag Division - Uso's (champs) vs. New Day, Miz/Ziggler w/Maryse, Cesaro/Zayn
I-C Feuds - Corbin (Champ) vs. Miz, Cesaro, Kofi, Zayn, Big E, Rusev, etc...
Women's Division - Bliss (Champ) vs. Banks, Asuka, etc...

The names are heavier on Raw which is what they want. But imagine the matches you'll
get on Smackdown with Bray against guys like Cesaro, Zayn, etc.. Great quality and with Orton & Balor as the top faces they'll be fine.

New Raw GM - Kurt Angle (the dynamic with him and Steph is gold)
New Smackdown GM - Edge/Christian

But there can't be brand trades if there is going to be a 2017 WWE Draft I mean they said it as much as it will be confirmed that there will be a draft

But as for post-Mania RAW obviously will be Finn Balor returning to RAW making his WWE return but who will Finn's first feud be? Now that is the million dollar question

Brock probably celebrating his WWE Universal Championship win only to be interrupted by someone; that someone being Roman Reigns

New RAW GM is named and it ends up being none other than WWE Hall of Famer Olympic Gold Medalist Kurt Angle

I agree with OYDK. The main thing I predict/hope is that Lesnar loses the title either immediately on monday or at the next Raw PPV.

The most likely route is that Roman Reigns defeats Undertaker on sunday then goes after Lesnar for the Universal Championship. As much as I don't want Roman Reigns as Universal Champion, at least the guy shows up to every event. Lesnar holding the title hostage and not defending it was horrible. Without a World Champion of any kind, why would anyone care about Raw at that point? Thank goodness for Smackdown.

Those who said Kurt as a new GM is a cool idea so I wouldn't mind seeing that either. Raw does indeed need a new GM. I don't see any brand trades taking place until the draft which will probably be in the summer. For the NXT promotions.... Shinsuke (unless he wins tonight then I say Roode and Tye) as well as The Revival and Asuka are surely getting promoted to the main roster this coming week. I'd predict Smackdown gets most of the NXT promotions that take place after Wrestlemania but we shall see.

I doubt we see any roster movement next week. Assuming a 2017 draft is looming, that doesn't preclude no trades. A trade could occur anyway, but both shows are going to be busy dealing with Mania fallout and NXT debuts.

If any movement does happen, the moves have to be logical. Only Sami Zayn, Seth Rollins, and AJ Styles have heat with their GMs/Commissioners. Styles asking for a trade makes a lot of sense, but who would he be traded for? Rollins isn't 100% and Zayn isn't near Styles' star level.

Styles for Roman could make sense, but Reigns hasn't had onscreen heat with management lately. Roman needs a whole new program come Monday. Trading Styles for Reigns would open a lot of new feuds.

That's unlikely though. Both Raw and Smackdown will need to have their Mania follow up shows before any roster movement happens. Raw has Payback on April 30 and Smackdown doesn't have Backlash until May 21. I'd say June is the soonest we'll see roster movement.

After just getting done watching mania, this is what I would like to see happen.

RAW

1. Kurt Angle named new GM by Vince Mcmahon.
2. Triple H to form a new Evolution faction with Samoa Joe, Kevin Owens and Neville
3. The Hardys to use there broken gimmick.
4. WWE Draft announced for next week.
5. Fin Balor to return.

SMACKDOWN.

1. Bray Wyatt to form the new Wyatt family - Bray Wyatt, Erick Rowan and the Ascension.
2. The Revival to make Debut.
3. Nakamura to make Debut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back