What do you think the best brand is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

ECWRAWSMACKDOWNTNA

I think Ecw has the best wrestling matches,and Raw has the best storylines, and I'm sorry to say I have not liked smackdown for a long time, it just feels stale to me and boring. I just tivo Smackdown and fast foward it through the whole show just to stay caught up(the boogeyman is cool to watch). I just would like to know how other fans feel about the brands?

i was with you there until you said boogeyman is coolto watch, The Horsemen and ral wrestling talent would turn in there graves if they were dead, he needs to keep the gimmick a bit but there's no need for the worms. I have to say Raw followed by ECW! !!

Raw is by far the best brand....the majority of the superstars are popular and well known with a long history such as hhh...shawn michaels....Orton....Cena.....Edge....Maria (god damn is she hot).....flair...now piper.....masters..the list goes on...also it is LIVE...it adds more of a touch to it because if a mistake happens it happens it cannot be fixed.....the storylines are more intense i would think....promos are more intesne then on other brands....the boss seems to think its the best brand because he is constantly on raw and no other show....

No contest ... Raw. It is the most well-rounded WWE brand as far as entertainment and wrestling talent is concerned, it's live, it has the best entertainers (John Cena, DX, Edge) and the best wrestlers (Carlito, Shelton Benjamin, Super Crazy) and the best commentary team.

Second place is SmackDown! Good, but occasionally vanilla due to it being more family friendly. In addition, it's taped and has lots of really cheesy gimmicky characters, like The Boogeyman and the "Teacher's Pets". I do have to say that I like JBL's work on color commentary, and it's the main thing that keeps me coming back - favorite westlers on this brand are Finlay, Mr. Kennedy, Jimmy Wang Yang and Vito (he's good for a laugh, and can get it done in the ring).

ECW is a distant third. This is definitely not the ECW we knew and loved - it's C-Grade sports entertainment. If anything, it proves that Vince McMahon doesn't have a clue as to what made ECW so great. Paul Heyman is nothing more than a figurehead for the brand with no power. It's a dumping ground for wrestlers that couldn't get over on other brands (Rene Dupree, Test, Matt Striker, Sylvester Terkay, Daivari, etc.). There are way too many slow moving big guys in ECW (The Big Show, The Great Khali, Test, Mike Knox, Kevin Thorn, etc.). Rebecca always sounds nervous (and clearly like she's reading from a cue card) when she does an interview - clearly she's only up here because she's sleeping with Batista, who must have some stroke with the company. Finally, Joey Styles & Tazz repeat themselves far too often and lack chemistry - which may have something to do with the pressure that McMahon puts on them to call matches a certain way. Positives: The Sandman, RVD, Sabu and CM Punk. Yeah, all faces. ECW needs to bring up some better heels instead of the boring ones they have now.

As I've said before, Raw is the best because it has the wrestlers we want to see. They also have a lot of promos and SD and ECW is just matches. BTW, I consider ECW like the older brother of Heat and it is also only an hour long. SmackDown I predict will be better in about 3 years because all the new wrestlers will become the next Cena's and Edges when they become more popular but at the moment it is getting a little boring and their top wrestlers like Orton and Angle are no longer there.

i also have to say RAW. i've watched it every week for the last several months i watch ECW about 50% of the time and I barely ever watch SmackDown! look at it this way... if we could only have one brand to watch every week and to have ppvs which one would u pick? ECW's still growing so u cant crack on them. smackdown has its share of stars but theres a new wrestler every week and look 4 guys just left like that so its hard to generate good faces or heels

RawFan22 said:
RAW , enough said.

Warning for spam.. I say this all the time.. If your not going to describe why you feel a certain why, don't post at all!

I'd have to say Smackdown!. As with any wrestling fed, storylines have to be developed. However, I believe RAW invests an unnecessary amount of time focusing on developing storylines, promo, and pointless in-ring arguments on the mic. Sometimes I feel like I'm one of the few wrestling fans on this planet that prefers wrestling over storylines.
I like SD because it invests the most time in matches. Sure, squash matches happen, but they're overshadowed by the quality wrestling matches that the SD talent puts on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back