• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What Do You Think of My Mason Ryan Idea?

PlayTheGameHHH

Pre-Show Stalwart
OK, so I'm starting to get annoyed with his silly, fake ass babyface personality and smile. It doesn't work. At all. So, I have an idea and I want to know what you guys think of it...

Take him off TV for a while, maybe a few weeks or something, bring him back and put him on SD with a new gimmick. This new gimmick will be that of a badass heel Welsh Warrior. He could be a monster, destroying everyone in his path and then, after a months or so, put him in a feud with Sheamus. Two monster Warriors going at it, and they could bounce off of eachother really well, plus, he would make one badass WHC. Let him embrace his Welshness (that's not even a word) he could come out with a mic and just say a bunch of stuff in Welsh to piss the fans off. I think my idea could work, I mean the way Ryan's going now he will never, ever be a champion. I think he's a natural heel, but that's just the way I see it.

Do you like the idea? Would you change anything? I would really like to see what you think!

It's a good idea, but your names suck. The "Welsh Warrior"? Why not use the heritage of Wales and call him the Welsh Dragon? After all, there is a huge red dragon in the middle of the Welsh flag.

Then you'd have a badass feud, The Celtic Warrior vs The Welsh Dragon. I think they'd put on decent matches, but they're both a bit too slow, so they'd probably have to do a lot of gimmick matches.

The only reason I dont like this is because he was such a shitty heel when he was in Nexus under Punk. When he tried to look mean and angry he just looked stupid and constipated. He needs a lot of work and is not ready for tv. Bottom line is the only thing to fix him is at least another year of training.

Idk I think instead of having him immediately debut as a monster heel Id have him work under someone for awhile. Kind of like Batista did with Evolution. He is awful on the mike and well not good in the ring but so was Batista. He needs to be used as the typical body guard manager. Put him with Miz or Ziggler someone who can speak for him and use him to beat down main event guys. Then he can break off on his own and feud with guys like Show and Kane, monsters to get him over as a true monster. Then maybe a feud with someone who can carry him like Booker or Orton or Sheamus. He needs a lot of work and i think the wee can hide it simlar to what they did with Batista. The guy has the look but thats it at this point.

It's a good idea, but your names suck. The "Welsh Warrior"? Why not use the heritage of Wales and call him the Welsh Dragon? After all, there is a huge red dragon in the middle of the Welsh flag.

Then you'd have a badass feud, The Celtic Warrior vs The Welsh Dragon. I think they'd put on decent matches, but they're both a bit too slow, so they'd probably have to do a lot of gimmick matches.

Wow, wow, wow! Hang on a sec, I never said his name would be the Welsh Warrior, I said that would be a gimmick, he would keep the Mason Ryan name.

Mason ryan needs a haircut. He is very bland looking and I for one hate seeing him on tv as a face. That was the biggest mistake wwe has ever made with this guy. I like the idea @TheChosenOne10 made about pairing him with Miz or Ziggler. That would be the most safe move the wwe could make for him. I would like to see a coorperate type stable with him taking the role kane had.

Give him Bausistas music and gimick call him the Animal. Then let him go on a bit of a tear and bring Bautista back for a match at Wrestlemaina. That would be a cool match maybe. Either way he is basically a younger Bautista even looks like him.

The only reason I dont like this is because he was such a shitty heel when he was in Nexus under Punk. When he tried to look mean and angry he just looked stupid and constipated. He needs a lot of work and is not ready for tv. Bottom line is the only thing to fix him is at least another year of training.

This. And it's a massive shame because I think even he admitted that he wasn't ready for television.

What makes you think this idea would actually get him over? What's special about the idea you've presented? We've had numerous of monsters come through the WWE only to be completely rejected by the crowd. If you cannot get over, then there is no point. Mason Ryan is lacking so many qualities that will eventually hurt him in the long run. That's if he doesn’t get help now. He needs a good year or two in FCW to learn the style. He's incredibly green. He lacks charisma and has nothing fun about him. When he speaks, I cringe. He doesn't belong anywhere near the title until he can work on all of these setbacks. A new gimmick and a few weeks off aren’t going to help him.

Bausistas? Um I think you mean Batista. Lol anyway I like the idea of him staying off tv for awhile to work on his gimmick and come back as a badass heel. The man has the look and he's a bit bigger than Batista so hed be more like a Bobby Lashley so yea id like to see this happen perhaps even put him in a tagteam with sheamus kind of like what tna is doing with crimson and matt morgan.

What makes you think this idea would actually get him over? What's special about the idea you've presented? We've had numerous of monsters come through the WWE only to be completely rejected by the crowd. If you cannot get over, then there is no point. Mason Ryan is lacking so many qualities that will eventually hurt him in the long run. That's if he doesn’t get help now. He needs a good year or two in FCW to learn the style. He's incredibly green. He lacks charisma and has nothing fun about him. When he speaks, I cringe. He doesn't belong anywhere near the title until he can work on all of these setbacks. A new gimmick and a few weeks off aren’t going to help him.

He'll work on that while he's taking time off. Hell, if it means that much send him back to FCW for 5 months or something, and re-debut him.

Mason Ryan needs to disappear back to FCW & come back the raging ass heel that he should hell maybe even form a British faction with McIntyre & Regal. The whole face turn for Mason Ryan honestly just left me.....scratching my head.

He's not ready. Too green.
Needs to be in a tag team. Hide his weaknesses and give him a manager.

Jim Cornette is sorely needed.

Sucks, WWE is always making new monsters, none of them seem real or draw interest. If you want the guy to be legit have someone attempt to arrest him, have him break loose, and go with a convict on the run persona. It would be totally believable with a guy his size that basically "bad things happen when he's around".

Imposted a similar thread about 4-6 weeks ago. I feel Ryan should be pushed as a face monster, going through alot of the bigger guys, and lead to a Mania match vs Mark Henry to smash through the Hall of Pain. Have Ryan eliminate a stack in the Royal Rumble and commence the push from the following nights Raw or Smackdown. I think he should be on Smackdwon as Raw already has Kane and Brodus The Joke Clay as monsters.

No. Why do you assume this would get him over? It's generic monster shit.
Mason isn't on TV for a big reason. He sucks. He's beyond green, and he can't wrestle for his life. Kinda like a big, over-muscular Alex Riley. I laugh when people say Mason Ryan is good.

Give him Bausistas music and gimick call him the Animal. Then let him go on a bit of a tear and bring Bautista back for a match at Wrestlemaina. That would be a cool match maybe. Either way he is basically a younger Bautista even looks like him.

Are you kidding me? Oh my God.

Mason, aint no Batista. Mason Ryan doesnt have what it takes to be on top of sports entertainment. Zero talent, zero charisma, no nothing whatsoever. Only muscles. Even Warlord had more charisma then this guy here.

Ryan could potentially turn into the next Batista. But he is far from ready at this point. He's getting exposure and he's working on his ring skills so next time he's in the ring he doesn't look like a rookie. As others have said he needs to be in a tag team. The WWE has too many guys just sitting around on the roster getting barely any TV exposure and essentially stalling so they can get the call up to a flagship show. Making more tag teams not only halves the amount of guys the WWE needs to worry about creatively but also gives some of the lower card guys a chance to get some exposure. Look at Air Boom, Bourne is (was?) good at selling moves and making his opponents look strong. Then in comes Kofi to bring some offense - tagged to Bourne, Air abourne, pin, finish match. Once the routine is well established they can mix it up.

I don't understand why WWE isn't doing this. It reduces pressure on creative and allows them to have some wrestlers between "should be in the title hunt" and "time to job on superstars"

I posted in a thread be4 the perfect way 2 build him up. Have him become Daniel Byran's bodyguard. Obviously there's no way DB wins Sunday without any help so i say have Mason run down and destroy Big Show after he hits Henry with the WMD and he pulls DB out the cage so he wins. I would keep the 2 of them 2gether for a while until DB starts to get a big head about being champion and starts 2 tell Mason he doesn't need him and never needed him he just felt bad for him becuz he's s big idiot and he's only there as a Batista knockoff. Then they could feud. Great push for both I think.

You want a big guy to be a monster heel? Very original, it must be said. I mean seriously, I've never thought of that before. A big guy being a dominant villain. That's great. It really is.

I do have a different idea, however. It's not quite as complicated and fresh as your idea, but I'll put it out there anyway.

Mason Ryan should... stay the same! Ryan is very over as a face. Because, like it or not, the WWE Universe likes big guys. They pop when they see acts of incredible strength. The fact that Ryan also has a fair bit of charisma and a really good energy helps him enormously, too. The only reason he's off TV at the moment is because he's not quite there yet in terms of in-ring ability - something which will eventually come with a few months of house shows and Superstars tapings.

But yeah, monster heel. That's awesome.

If my memory serves me correct, wasn't Miz looking for a bodyguard a few weeks ago. For me that's the perfect role for Mason at the moment. I just don't find him believable at the moment. He looks like he should be destroying people left right and centre.

mason ryan should join y2j. y2j is obviously involved in something and i think he could use someone like ryan and then eventually get him over.

Mason Ryan's another guy that got hired solely based on his look, and was not evaluated properly on his in-ring talent and because of that, he didn't get over, not as a heel and not as a face. Not to mention how incredibly fake he is, the last thing he did that meant anything was being on Team Orton for Survivor Series. Did you see all the fake tan that came off him and ended up on Hunico's shirt?

If he was meant to be the next Batista type, he failed.

I feel like contributing to this idea but I sincerely have nothing.

Rob Terry and Mason Ryan are cut from the same Welsh garment and they both are so damn limited they can be NOTHING other than
a) intense monster who tears people and then eventually jobs to the top babyface.

b) smily face who does good and has a lotta high impact moves.

As for your idea. Ye why not? It's wrestling 101 and done to death, but has worked over the years. Trouble is they have Ryback, the gay cowboy returning with the same thing I guess. So...ye.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back