What did you think of the new Two & A Half Men

Wolf Pac

Mid-Card Championship Winner
I don't wanna be so harsh cause I love the show but I felt it was average. I liked the way they wrote Charlie out and wrote Ashton in but I didn't find Ashton funny at all nor does he have the charm that Charlie had. And it doesn't seem he will be a bad boy on the show which is the whole reason the show was made in the first place, as all he did was just naked & get emotional. Once the series starts, if he does become a bad boy, I don't think he will be able to pull it off like Charlie could since Charlie is a real bad boy and Ashton isn't nor do I think he can act like one, he's just seems too babyface. I usually get a lot of laughs out of the show and I only got two out of this one and none of em was due to Ashton, so my opinion, this show seems doomed without Charlie.

BTW I know the episode got it's highest rating ever but the only reason for that was because everyone wanted to see how Charlie was killed off and how Ashton was brought in, that doesn't mean that Ashton was great on the show though. Actually that means Charlie was great on the show cause if it wasn't for Charlie, I don't think anybody would've cared to tune in to see how he was killed off.

I work evenings so I asked my co workers who watched it on their break and they said it was funny. I set my dvr to record it and when I watched it, I thought it was a letdown.

There were some laughs, no question. The whole show felt like Chuck Lorre was trying to tell the audience and Charlie Sheen, that the character wasn't a central figure on the show or that show doesn't need or never will. Sheen had caused a number for the producers and the network, and he handled things very badly by his comments towards Lorre. That is due in large part due to his drug use. The fact the producer and the network did nothing when he was accused of assaulting his wife etc. but do it after he makes comments about Lorre says a number of things. It says they don't have their priorities straight (he should have been let go for the violence towards women) and they tried to do the best to work with him. They settled with him and now they're trying to move on I get that.

The show itself was from a storyline perspective pretty lame. The story was a putdown of Charlie Sheen not Charlie Harper and it just didn't work for me. The idea that no member of Charlie's family or his housekeeper would cry for him or genuinely miss him (there were some mourning but not enough imo) the entire show is ridiculous. Especially his nephew, Jake not mourning isn't realistic to me. That all his exes would be there just to hate on the guy is bullshit. No one wanted Harper dead except the producer to let Charlie Sheen know he wouldn't be returning. He was that show. His character's relationship with all the parties involved is what made the show great for 8 seasons. They should have put him off to Denmark or something on an extended concert.
Ashton Kutcher was okay, but he wasn't anything great on that show. Hopefully they'll write something better.

The fact that it made a huge ratings surge for the show is amazing to me because it really wasn't that great a show. The question is can they sustain that.

I work evenings so I asked my co workers who watched it on their break and they said it was funny. I set my dvr to record it and when I watched it, I thought it was a letdown.

There were some laughs, no question. The whole show felt like Chuck Lorre was trying to tell the audience and Charlie Sheen, that the character wasn't a central figure on the show or that show doesn't need or never will. Sheen had caused a number for the producers and the network, and he handled things very badly by his comments towards Lorre. That is due in large part due to his drug use. The fact the producer and the network did nothing when he was accused of assaulting his wife etc. but do it after he makes comments about Lorre says a number of things. It says they don't have their priorities straight (he should have been let go for the violence towards women) and they tried to do the best to work with him. They settled with him and now they're trying to move on I get that.

The show itself was from a storyline perspective pretty lame. The story was a putdown of Charlie Sheen not Charlie Harper and it just didn't work for me. The idea that no member of Charlie's family or his housekeeper would cry for him or genuinely miss him (there were some mourning but not enough imo) the entire show is ridiculous. Especially his nephew, Jake not mourning isn't realistic to me. That all his exes would be there just to hate on the guy is bullshit. No one wanted Harper dead except the producer to let Charlie Sheen know he wouldn't be returning. He was that show. His character's relationship with all the parties involved is what made the show great for 8 seasons. They should have put him off to Denmark or something on an extended concert.
Ashton Kutcher was okay, but he wasn't anything great on that show. Hopefully they'll write something better.

The fact that it made a huge ratings surge for the show is amazing to me because it really wasn't that great a show. The question is can they sustain that.

I completely agree, it felt like 30 minutes of hating on Charlie Sheen. The funeral bothered me too. They could have showed a little remorse.

Personally, I thought Kutcher's character was dumb. That stupid kid routine worked on That 70's Show, but now it's pathetic. The writing in that episode was nothing like how it usually is. The show just isn't the same without Sheen and they shouldn't try to go on without him. Lorre is being a stubborn sob and just needs to get the fuck over it.

I'm not usually a 2.5 Men fan. I've seen the occasional episode here and there when there's nothing on. But i was interested how they would include Ashton, someone who I've been a fan of since That 70's Show.

I have to say, the inclusion of Ashton really kinda did nothing for me. I thought he would come in as a younger, more wild version of Charlie. But here he was, moping around, talking about suicide. Not to mention the funeral at the beginning was done in such bad taste.

I was never a fan of the show to begin with, but I'm curious to see what they do with Walton Schmidt (is that his name?) over the next few episodes....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back