What Could Have Been II- Chris Benoit?

If we're assuming he didn't kill everyone but everything else stayed the same, the chances are he would have been released eventually and recommended to be put into some sort of care. If we're totally ignoring the whole brain damage thing, he'd have helped get people over in ECW for a while, most notably Punk and then probably John Morrison too, before either retiring or gradually reducing his role to a Goldust style one. He would never have won another world title, and I doubt he'd be wrestling at any sort of elevated level by now.

To be honest, Benoit's injuries are pretty remniscent of someone who takes the industry too seriously and makes too many sacrifices, so if he hadn't have ended up with brain damage, I imagine he'd have wrestled till he was incapacitated somewhere, probably ROH or somewhere like that.

I believe back 2009 Benoit would of retired possibly at Mania 25.
He was getting on in the ring his matches were getting stale, and the same, hell I remember Mark Henry beating Chris bad back in 2006 and I thought Benoit looked like a battered human being mentally and physically and needed to retire then.

as far as a career went, Benoit's style wasn't American, he was lucky to win the World title IMO, he deserved it YES, but politics would have it other ways, even as World champion, he over looked, (Bad Blood 2004 HBK/HHH hell in a cell closed the show) I think Chris had a good career over all, he had a bunch of memorible matches with Kurt angle, Randy Orton, HBK, HHH, The Rock (fully loaded 2000) Jericho (multiple times from 2000-2001).

Even before he died as much as his in ring work was lacking he put on a stellar match with Bobby Lashley on the 2007 draft show, yes he would of won the ECW title, he would of taken Kurt angles role from 2006 as the mentor to the younger guys, Chris was brain damaged, no matter what happened, he was a ticking time bomb, and unfortunatly no one could see this happening, people shouldn't judge him for murdering his family, that was a tradgic case of wrong place at the wrong time, and curcumstances behind the murders are tradgic, but the only they could of been prevented was if he retired a couple of years earlier, he didn't and he pushed himself more then most night in and night out, but as far as world titles, Chris was only ever a one time only world champion, he was over, he had some classic matches but not everyone was styled for him kind of matches, and it showed, angle, eddie, regal, rey all had 5 star matches with him, but RVD, Cena, Orton, HHH as much as they had good matches with him, they're styles didn't compliment one another like Eddies or Kurt's or Regals did.

RIP Benoit family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back