• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What are your WWE PPV ordering habits?

What are your WWE PPV purchasing habits?

• I enjoy Raw the most. I typically purchase 12-14 PPV's a year (virtually every one).

• I enjoy Raw the most. I typically purchase 9-11 PPV's a year.

• I enjoy Raw the most. I typically purchase 5-8 PPV's a year.

• I enjoy Raw the most. I typically purchase 2-4 PPV's a year.

• I enjoy Raw the most. I purchase zero PPV's or perhaps 1 PPV (ie: Wrestlemania) a year.

• I enjoy Smackdown the most. I typically purchase 12-14 PPV's a year (virtually every one).

• I enjoy Smackdown the most. I typically purchase 9-11 PPV's a year.

• I enjoy Smackdown the most. I typically purchase 5-8 PPV's a year.

• I enjoy Smackdown the most. I typically purchase 2-4 PPV's a year.

• I enjoy Smackdown the most. I purchase zero PPV's or perhaps 1 PPV (ie: Wrestlemania) a year.

• I enjoy ECW the most. I typically purchase 12-14 PPV's a year (virtually every one).

• I enjoy ECW the most. I typically purchase 9-11 PPV's a year.

• I enjoy ECW the most. I typically purchase 5-8 PPV's a year.

• I enjoy ECW the most. I typically purchase 2-4 PPV's a year.

• I enjoy ECW the most. I purchase zero PPV's or perhaps 1 PPV (ie: Wrestlemania) a year.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ambiguous Turd

Mid-Card Championship Winner
WWE as of right now, is producing 14 PPV's a year.

Royal Rumble
No Way Out
Wrestlemania
Backlash
Judgment Day
Extreme Rules
The Bash
Night of Champions
SummerSlam
Breaking Point
Hell in a Cell
Annihilation
Survivor Series
Armageddon

With the rising costs of PPV, $55 for Wrestlemania (plus fees) and $40 for the other shows (plus fees), I am interested in knowing what everyone's PPV ordering habits are and how many shows you are purchasing.

Also, if you watch WWE PPV's for Free through going to a Bar, family purchasing for you so that you don't pay any money, or through "other methods", then this does not count as "ordering" for purposes of this poll. "Ordering" is defined as paying money to a cable/satellite company OR going over a friend's house with a group of people, and paying money to the group for ordering a show.

Has the Economy affected your ordering habits? Do you go over a friend's house with a group of people? How would you rate your satisfaction with the shows, overall, and value for the buck?

I used to get them all. I am unsure why but in England some PPVs are shown for free on Sky Sports. I assume that this is because of limited PPV companies for Britain or something. Anyway, I used to buy in all the ones I could and record all the free ones. After Wrestlemania 25, I told myself that I would only ever buy in the Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania. Unless the Rock comes back for a PPV apart from those two, I don't see myself buying in any others.

I will record the free ones because...they're free!

I usually only order wrestlemania and summerslam but this year I ordered royal rumble and skipped wrestlemania. I'm thinking I'll probably skip summerslam (unless it sounds really good) and order survivor series instead (only if they have elimination matches)

i usually order the main ones like Rumble,WM,SS,Survivor Series and I'm sure i left out a couple others, there was a while i ordered every PPV for 4 months straight lol but they started to decrease real bad in quality, not to mention the WM25 disappointment =\

I used to get them all. I am unsure why but in England some PPVs are shown for free on Sky Sports. I assume that this is because of limited PPV companies for Britain or something. Anyway, I used to buy in all the ones I could and record all the free ones. After Wrestlemania 25, I told myself that I would only ever buy in the Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania. Unless the Rock comes back for a PPV apart from those two, I don't see myself buying in any others.

I will record the free ones because...they're free!

when i lived in germany it was the same way, man i miss that lol

Actually, the only PPV's I've ever ordered were:

Judgement Day 2000
King Of The Ring 2000
Summerslam 2000
WWF Invasion 2001
Survivor Series 2001
Taboo Tuesday 2004
Wrestlemania 21, 23, & 25

That's about all I remember. I THINK I ordered Backlash 2005, but I'm not completely sure. I've never ordered a Royal Rumble believe it or not.

Nowadays I can watch a stream (well not anymore) or just catch footage on youtube the next morning

Edit: Thanks for the heads up, fixed it.

I used too get them all but due too prices I only get
Royal Rumble
Wrestlemania
Summerslam
Survivor Series

and in addition I get the ones that look really good, like I ordered No Way Out this year, and if I dont order it I get the live stuff on Wrestlezone.com :cool:

In Britain we have Sky Box Office, which generally shows new movies that are just being released on DVD, or at least not long after they've been released, but they show WWE PPV's over here, of course the big four and others now and then, but the past 2, Extreme Rules and The Bash have been shown free on sky sports, where they also show WWE Raw, Smackdown! and ECW aswell as the Bottom Line, Afterburn and the WWE Experience aswell as the WWE Vintage Collection, the price for the PPV's shown on Sky Box Office however is £14.95, but remember they done a special a while ago but cant remember what it was, think it was order 2 get the 3rd free or something, and for WrestleMania they done a special where if we ordered an event, believe it was The Royal Rumble we'd have a shot at going to 'Mania.

I've not missed a PPV since Armageddon 2006 because back when there were brand exclusive PPVs i didn't watch SmackDown. I still don't now.

I could never order PPV since I never had satellite before. I remember watching Wrestlemania 18 with the Rock vs. Hogan at my buddy's house on a burnt card. That was probably the last great Wrestlemania, that or 19. I didn't order another WWE PPV since then, even though the original One Night Stand's were incredible. The last WWE PPV I ordered was Wrestlemania 25, at 60 bucks that was a HUGE letdown. At least I got my money's worth with TNA's Bound For Glory last year and this year's Lockdown. Victory Road anyone?

I enjoy Raw the most for the simple fact that it is the “A” show as far as what the WWE is portraying. I always, one way or the other, get WrestleMania. I don’t want to take a chance of a stream freezing on me or flat out just get cut off during the “Granddaddy of Them All”. Other than the “Big One”, I’ve gotten into the habit of ordering Night Of Champions. I know it’s not as big as the other “Big 3”, but being the Belt Mark I am, it is after all the PPV showcasing the Champions. I may order or at least chip in for the Royal Rumble, SummerSlam, and the Survivor Series, but WM and NOC are my main PPVs.

I remember Ordering only certain PPV's, well that may just B cuz I am a kid. But I know I ordered the No Way Out B4 Wrestlemania 22, and I ordered the Backlash after 22, but none other, I usually just watch them on the Internet somewhere. And If I don't find any I will just watch them the next day on Youtube. But hey, U can't expect a Kid from Kansas to order every single PPV, can ya? Especially in my little town of Eudora where basically no1 else watches it.

I usually get Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, Summer Slam and Survivor Series.

I used to get King of the Ring too. I some times get the Cyber Sunday to see the results that we voted on but I haven't for two of those PPVs. The other ones that clutter up everything I don't have the money for except if I get the chance to go to a PPV in Cleveland.

I could never order PPV since I never had satellite before. I remember watching Wrestlemania 18 with the Rock vs. Hogan at my buddy's house on a burnt card. That was probably the last great Wrestlemania, that or 19. I didn't order another WWE PPV since then, even though the original One Night Stand's were incredible. The last WWE PPV I ordered was Wrestlemania 25, at 60 bucks that was a HUGE letdown. At least I got my money's worth with TNA's Bound For Glory last year and this year's Lockdown. Victory Road anyone?

I usually get all the WWE PPVs during the year. Sometimes I will watch the TNA PPVs on the Internet but most of the time TNA's are huge letdowns or boring IMO.

Well I became a full time WWF/E fan in January 2007 and since then I have ordered:
Survivor Series 2007
WrestleMania 24
Summer Slam 2008
Survivor Series 2008
Royal Rumble 2009
WrestleMania 25

So far I have ordered 6 WWE PPV'S, but WrestleMania's are very expensive at $60 compared to every other WWE PPV which are $40.

I plan on Ordering Summer Slam 2009, and Survivor Series 2009, and I plan on getting one more wether it's Unforgiven (Breaking Point) or No Mercy (Hell in a Cell) or Cyber Sunday (Annihilation) or Armageddon i'm not sure but i will order one of those which ever one of them looks the best to me.
But These are the WWF/E PPV's that I bought on DVD or recorded off of WWE 24/7 Classics On Demand:
WWF Royal Rumble 1998
WWF Royal Rumble 1999
WWF St. Valentine's Day Massacre 1999
WWF Royal Rumble 2000
WWF Royal Rumble 2001
WWF WrestleMania X-Seven
WWF Royal Rumble 2002
WWF WrestleMania X8
WWE Backlash 2003
WWE Judgment Day 2003
WWE WrestleMania 23
WWE Cyber Sunday 2007

Once again i live in Ireland and we get 6 of the ppvs free every year!! Its always the B shows however I do buy the rest of them as well on Sky Box Office. They are still £14.95 and saying that very rarely you have to buy 2 in a row and if you do they can be spread out it isn't as bad. I buy them out of pure curiosty incase i miss something big however that is not always the case. Smackdown is the best show at the minute with the best wrestling and wreslters and they dominate the PPVs match wise- action, shock factor etc so i don't mind buying them. ABut if Raw begins to dominate again I may have to skip a few PPVs as Raw is boring at the moment- same old crap every week HHH-Orton its terrible...however no matter what be's done with Raw its always terrible. Smackdown is a hugely superior show and has been this past 5 years!!! FACT. I wish WWE could just see this and get it off that stupid my network TV in america and get it drawing huge numbers!!!

I remember the days when I would desperately beg and plead with my mother to order PPV's, and how exciting it was to watch them live. I'll always remember Royal Rumble 2000 was the very first PPV that I convinced her to order for me and that I watched live. Since then there aren't many PPV's I've ordered. I ordered Wrestlemania's 16-18, Unforgiven & No Mercy in 2001, Royal Rumble 2007, Wrestlemania 23, and that's it. WM 23 was the last PPV I ordered. Buying PPV's became obsolete for me though because I had WWE 24/7 for a few years, which would air every PPV 3 monthes after they took place. No point in ordering a PPV if you can watch it for free later on.

The only PPV I'd probably seriously consider buying again would be Wrestlemania, just because of the special feel that one Sunday every year has to it. There would have to be an AMAZING card for me to order a PPV these days.

i am a fan i buy all the ppvs even if the card isnt staked if ur involved in a show do u skip a week??? i buy them all

eehh, I havnt ordered a PPV since 2005....they're just a total waste of money, especially NOW, there's way too many, there's nothing special about them anymore, hell I remember getting excited for them, its like, the raw right after a ppv, the next one is immediately promoted and at least one match comfirmed for it...so they've lost value to me, I'd much rather see the results here on wrestlezone, you get the same outcome on a ppv these days as you do on a raw or smackdown.

Well I became a full time WWF/E fan in January 2007

If you became a fan in 2007, you don't have to say 'WWF', those days don't apply to you. its WWE. And any PPV that took place after 2004....sucked lol, complete waste of money, but I mean I'm sure to you they were exciting if you had just became a fan in 07, soooo, its all good.

i don't normally order ppv's as much as i used to anymore. i usually like to buy them on dvd becuase i love to watch them on dvd one year later lol

ppv's i normally order are the rumble (cuz im a sucker for those) and the ones in june to celebrate the end of a school year (doesn't matter how bad the show is)

i remember ordering pretty much every ppv from 00-02 but now i hardly order any

since 06, i've ordered:
royal rumble 06
vengeance 06
royal rumble 07
one night stand 07
royal rumble 08
royal rumble 09

I use to order them all throughout the 90's and early 2000s. I then stopped purchasing them for about 4 or 5 years or so (with the exception of only ordering Wrestlemania each year)

I was planning on ordering Summerslam and Survivor Series this year as well, but due to the fact that WM 25 was a huge disappointment, I will not be ordering them now.

I have watched every PPV other then WM25 for free due to "other methods" this year and still have been disappointed with their product.

Once again i live in Ireland and we get 6 of the ppvs free every year!! Its always the B shows however I do buy the rest of them as well on Sky Box Office. They are still £14.95 and saying that very rarely you have to buy 2 in a row and if you do they can be spread out it isn't as bad.

Same goes for me, I couldn't imagine having to give over 50 bucks for every PPV if I lived in the States, the PPVs would have to be something really special but then again I like to seem them all so I would probably have to find some way of getting them!!...but yeh, I tend to order every PPV that I don't receive free. As Taker 123 says it isn't so bad having to pay for the odd PPV when you're getting so many free on Sky TV...

well for me i have not ordered every paper-view since 1999. now i only order the big four. or whatever shows i see that could be something special. i always order WM and Summerslam no matter what. The Royal Rumble has not been very good the last few years as overall card value. Survivor series is a on and off one for me. other then that i do not rent there shows because they are the same 3 months in a row then a big blow off stipulation to end the feud. the main reason i would purchase any other show is because of Smackdown not Raw. they have the young talent that i like to see. and not the same feuds as well.

Yeah, live in England so get 7 of them for free, which means there are only 3 non-marquee events which are paid for. I will generally get some time off work, some mates round and some beers in for the big four, with a few of us chipping in it's like a fiver each at the most, and we have a cracking night leading up to it where we watch classic matches. Mania this year was awesome, watched some brilliant stuff, got a cracking pizza, had beers, irish coffee and then watched the best match ever, Taker V HBK.

I won't usually pay for any non-marquee events or take the time off work. If one was on while I was off work for whatever reason I'd probably pay for it, it's only £15 and I could probably get a couple of mates or my bro round to share the fee.

I remember fondly the days where they were all free on Sky Sports and I would stay up watching them, was in school/Sixth Form at the time and Mondays were always a right struggle, but ultimately watch it. Was always a buzz when they had PPVs in the holidays though :D

From '97 - 2001 I probably ordered every PPV in that time frame. My thing with PPV's these days is very rarely worth the $40 you pay for (really, how was watching the Bash any different from watching the RAW the week before, or the week after for that matter). PPV's should always have a strong card, and if they don't whats the point of spending $40 every month. With this said I don't pay for PPV's anymore. I will watch the 4 main ones and maybe 1 or 2 minor ones if the card shows me it could be worth my time, but with that said I don't pay for them, I watch them for free because your lucky to get 2 PPV's a year that are worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back