What About AJ?

ARLO

On A Break From Sig Requests
AJ Styles has led Fortune away from Immortal and is once again one of the biggest faces in TNA.Why wouldn't you give him a run at the title?

AJ Styles vs Jeff Hardy would sell. As much as some of you would hate to admit it, Jeff can still put on great matches. vs. Kurt Angle last year springs to mind.

So why hasn't AJ been given a shot?

Jeff is no longer champion, so if they plan to get AJ involved in the title scene it'll be face vs face against Sting.

Some people today need to utilize a little patience. AJ had a relatively long title run around a year ago and doesn't need the strap constantly to stay relevant or "over" with fans. AJ Styles will be back in the title picture before long, man. Just give it some time...

AJ Styles has led Fortune away from Immortal and is once again one of the biggest faces in TNA.Why wouldn't you give him a run at the title?

AJ Styles vs Jeff Hardy would sell. As much as some of you would hate to admit it, Jeff can still put on great matches. vs. Kurt Angle last year springs to mind.

I wish they would put the strap on AJ once again. He had an awesome run with the belt the last time around and actually brought some stability to the title. AJ can deliver stellar matches against anybody, his mic skills have improved dramatically, he will always be loyal to the company and will never have a police record. Can anybody else in TNA say that? I would love to see Styles beat Jeff or Sting for the belt and throw that divas title in the trash where it belongs.

Yeah, TNA just can't jump around you have Mr. Anderson who wants his title back as well as another man who that is just as involved. Wont say because of Spoilers. Also dont forget the recent former champ Jeff Hardy.

Some people might assume he is going to jail or whatever but as far as I am concerned TNA has a full plate right now going for that title and no one else should be added.

LockDown is coming up after Victory Road and its usually two teams inside of that cage so its possible the reason why AJ isnt wanting a title shot or going after that title is because him and his fourtune will be in the Lockdown match with a combo of Immortal.

If everything gets settled at Victory Road or Lockdown then I guess AJ would go after the title then. Thats just what I figure...that makesense to me though...

As for Jeff Hardy vs. AJ Styles that was the idea behind Jeff Hardy's 1st run in TNA wasnt it?

AJ Styles will have a title shot in due time man, they cant just rush and have everyone getting a title shot at the same time.

At the moment, Anderson would want his title rematch, Jeff Hardy would want his rematch so they have to let this Anderson and Hardy rematch stuff play out, let that go away and finally make room for a new number 1 contender which then could be given to AJ depending on what direction TNA wants to take. In good time, in good time.

Valid points, I just thought that it would solidify Fortune's defection by at least giving him a shot.
Also like to point out that I didn't forget Sting lol. I just can't see another feud between Sting and AJ selling.

AJ will get another title shot and another run as TNA World Heavyweight Champion in time. No worries. We all know he deserves it. He busts his ass for TNA, like you mentioned has gotten a ton better on the mic, and is one of the best in-ring performers today. He'll be champion again. My guess is Fourtune will be involved in the Lethal Lockdown match at Lockdown in April and that is why AJ is still currently out of the title picture...and it makes sense. We just have to be patient. That's all.

Yeah I'm ok with AJ being held away from the title untill closer to BFG. It would mean more and be a lot cooler to see him mainevent that PPV instead of facing Sting at Lockdown or something.

That being said, they either need to get the rest of the titles out of fortune for a minute, or put something on AJ because it looks wierd that the front man of the faction is the only one without a strap.

Yeah I'm ok with AJ being held away from the title untill closer to BFG. It would mean more and be a lot cooler to see him mainevent that PPV instead of facing Sting at Lockdown or something.

That being said, they either need to get the rest of the titles out of fortune for a minute, or put something on AJ because it looks wierd that the front man of the faction is the only one without a strap.

Well, i guess A.J is going to face the winner of the Sting/Jeff Hardy feud at Bound for Glory and i'm ok with that.

As for having Fortune drop the titlies, i don't agree with you. Look at it this way, yeah it doesn't make sense that the leader(A.J) doesn't have a title while the rest of the group has but the things is that fortune having the most titles gives them power.

I see everybody agrees that AJ vs J Hardy for the Gold will be a great match ( I also agree) But this is TNA and we may get AJ vs Anderson or RVD instead. And I wont be surprise if Anderson & RVD joining Immortal. Has anyone notice that both guys that prophecy "They are coming" ( Abyss & Crimson ) haven't been on TV or involve with the 4tune vs Immortal feud. ( WAS UP WITH THAT!)

Well, i guess A.J is going to face the winner of the Sting/Jeff Hardy feud at Bound for Glory and i'm ok with that.

As for having Fortune drop the titlies, i don't agree with you. Look at it this way, yeah it doesn't make sense that the leader(A.J) doesn't have a title while the rest of the group has but the things is that fortune having the most titles gives them power.

Sting/ Jeff Hardy isn't going to be a 7 month feud. RVD and Anderson are going to get twisted into it... and I wouldn't be suprised if Morgan got in there too. Hopefully this will give them incentive to give us a 'King of the Mountain' Match...

If I were running things, I'd keep AJ away from any title match till mid summer... maybe in a KotM match against Morgan, Hardy, Sting and Anderson (or substitute RVD and/or Angle in there if you want) Aj wins there, takes the title the next couple of months into BFG and puts over Morgan.

That would make Morgans career.

And as for the power... I agree, but do they really need it? I say defend the titles successfully through Lockdown (next month) so they can slow down this shitty game of musical chairs they're playing with the belts... then start dropping the championships. Beer Money drops to Ink Inc who by then should join up with Immortal (they have both Hardy's, it's only a matter of time before Moore is there).

Then have Kaz drop the title to Kendrick or EY (for no other reason then to give us more of them on TV)

Then through the summer (before AJ wins the title) you have Fortune run around beating ass like wrestlings baby face version of Robin Hoods Merry Men, whose soul mission is to destory Immortal and those in power.

Of course by Bound For Glory, all four put their sights back on Gold....

That is a great question. AJ deserves a title shot. My guess is that Sting had it in his contract that if he came back he would get the title. But in my opinion TNA should dump out Eric Bishoff, Hulk Hogan and "God" Ric Flair and bring back TNA to the originals and the way it use to be and give the title back to one of the originals not Jeff "The Anti-Christ of Professional Wrestling" Hardy or Sting or any of the WWE dump offs.

AJ Styles will be back in the TNA World Heavyweight Championship picture at some point but it probably won't be anytime soon. Jeff Hardy will no doubt have a rematch against Sting, then you've got Anderson whining left and right about getting his rematch and you've got RVD running around wanting to get a shot as well. So, at this point, it's a little crowded right now though it wouldn't bother me to see either Hardy or RVD move onto something else.

Styles will probably be champ again sometime in the future but I don't know if it'll be up to snuff with his first run as TNA Champion. I think a lot of fans just had this general feeling that having Styles as champ felt right. After all, he's long been thought of as the face of TNA Wrestling and capturing the TNA World Heavyweight Championship for the first time did have a special feel to it. However, for almost a year now, the title has been its weakest. RVD's reign was a flop, due in part to the whole Ranking System TNA used. Then the title was vacated for 2 months before Jeff Hardy wins the title despite his legal difficulties hanging over his head. For virtually the entire 3 months he had it, TNA had him sit on the title and he was booked to have virtually no part in building up his feuds as champ. And now, here we are in 2011 and the title changed hands 3 times already.

Maybe Styles winning it back would be a great way to put the title back on track but that won't be anytime in the near future.

If you cannot understand why A.J. isn't the guy challenging for the title, it's obvious you didn't watch WCW (not an insult, just saying).

I have no clue who is actually running the show over there. It's either Bischoff, Hogan, Russo, all three together, or some combination of the three. It doesn't really matter. A.J. isn't a proven draw. The three guys I mentioned did the same thing in WCW. If you weren't a draw in the past, and didn't immediately draw upon main eventing, you're out. That's it. Look at any guy, outside of Goldberg, who had talent yet never main evented.

It's just the way those guys work, and at this moment in time, I'm not sure they're wrong. I don't know if A.J. can draw or not. Sting was a draw at one point in time, but that time has passed. Hogan and Bischoff do not look all that far into the future, never did. It's about right now. And with the Sting hysteria at a ten (or so) year high, they are trying to capitalize. It probably won't work, because Sting returning to TNA, where he was not six months ago, means almost nothing.

You can expect this until Hogan and Bischoff are gone (they are more prone to this style of booking than Russo, which leads me to believe they have more control than most believe). If you don't believe me, watch as much WCW as you can find, from the summer of 1996 through mid-1999.

It's either Bischoff, Hogan, Russo, all three together, or some combination of the three. It doesn't really matter. A.J. isn't a proven draw. The three guys I mentioned did the same thing in WCW. If you weren't a draw in the past, and didn't immediately draw upon main eventing, you're out. That's it. Look at any guy, outside of Goldberg, who had talent yet never main evented.

you do realize Bischoff, Hogan and Russo were in WCW when Benoit, Booker T, DDP, Scott Steiner and Jeff Jarrett all won their FIRST world championships, right?

you do realize Bischoff, Hogan and Russo were in WCW when Benoit, Booker T, DDP, Scott Steiner and Jeff Jarrett all won their FIRST world championships, right?

Do YOU understand those men (minus DDP) won those titles in the span of one year. All of those first-time reigns took place inside of one year.

From the summer of 1996 through January of the year 2000, these men held that title; Hulk Hogan, Lex Luger, Sting, Randy Savage, Goldberg, Kevin Nash, Ric Flair, DDP and Bret Hart. Also, DDP held that title twice, for a grand total of one month during that time period.

Yes, eventually WCW attempted to create new stars, kind of. Benoit had been around forever, and held the title for not even a day. Booker T was a great addition to the title picture, I'll give them that. Steiner was quite past his prime, same with Jarrett (if he ever had one).

They pushed the guys who were proven draws. Problem with that? Save for Booker T, each one of those guys were on the back-end of their respective careers. Outside of Goldberg, they didn't build any new stars. None. The guys who should have been built up (Jericho, Benoit, Guerrero) saw the writing on the wall, and left.

They didn't look to the future, and I'm afraid the same thing might happen in TNA. Let me be clear; I'm NOT saying it is happening, I'm saying it could.

Nick is right it is very "Russo" which isn't to say it's a bad thing, he sometimes comes up with some nice ideas.

I don't know if I agree about Nick's proven draw comment, although on the face of it he's right. But AJ IS a proven draw so it seems a bit... weird.

I don't really mind that AJ isn't in the title scene maybe there saving it for when (if, you don't know what will happen with Russo in charge) Fortune overhual Immortal(?) It might be the title fued that ends the main storyline?

*lol'd @ Nick's "Grand total" comment... Epic*

Maybe AJ is not fully 100% yet cause didn't he hurt his hip some point a couple months back. I know he has been in the ring since but correct me if I'm wrong has he only had one singles match in awhile against Flair, besides being put in tag team matches where he can stay on the apron a majority of the match.

you have to figure that at some point Styles will get his title shot, but then again I thought by now that Morgan would be back in the main event scene.

one of the tings I saw in the past is that AJ Styles was never a draw when he was champion before, but I think that is mostly because only the TNA viewers knew who he was. you could mention the names of the others like Sting/Hardy/Anderson/RVD to WWE fans that don't watch TNA and they at least know who they are. there are probably a lot of WWE fans that don't watch TNA even yet that still don't know who AJ Styles is. maybe TNA needs to get Styles name out in other ways.

Things just didnt happen at the right time. Anderson was champ when he turned face and AJ going after Anderson wouldnt have made much sense. If Hardy was champ during the face turn I would have bet money that once Fourtune turned face, AJ would go right after Hardy. I mean the moment Fourtune turned on Immortal AJ just stood there staring down Hardy then went on to Styles clash him to hell. It will come eventually. I for one believe Anderson should still be champ as ratings where up in the high 1.2s and 1.3s when he was.

I don't know how that will happen with Sting as the Champion. I mean, to me, the final nail in the coffin of Immortal would've been some face taking the belt from the TNA Champion who will most likely be a member of Immortal.

Now it's Sting. I don't know where his trust lies, but it can't possibly be Immortal, so he's with the good guys. And if he is, who's gonna be the hunter now? The only heel from Immortal that matters is Jeff Hardy, and there is one PPV left 'till Lockdown (if the end of the storyline will in fact be at Lockdown).

So two things will happen.

1.Sting turns heel, we get Sting vs AJ at Lockdown
2.Sting loses the title to a member of Immortal - possibly Jeff Hardy, which just kills the point of taking the belt off of him in the first place, because if Hardy wins it say at the next PPV which is 7 days from now (way to build that one up TNA) he'll have zero momentum going into Lockdown.

The only way that I see AJ contesting for the title and winning, without taking the belt off Sting before Lockdown or turning him heel, is if Sting says he's sick of Immortal's crap, they've been holding AJ down since day one, he was never given a real shot at the belt (aside from his re-match against RVD, if he had one), people always interfere and stuff, so he'll give him a fair shot at the title at Lockdown.

AJ will get a title run by the end of the year. I just wish he'd be the guy to kill Immortal, makes it more special and meaningful. But I'm biased, I'm an AJ mark.

Yeah, TNA just can't jump around you have Mr. Anderson who wants his title back as well as another man who that is just as involved. Wont say because of Spoilers. Also dont forget the recent former champ Jeff Hardy.

Some people might assume he is going to jail or whatever but as far as I am concerned TNA has a full plate right now going for that title and no one else should be added.

the answer to this is easy... have immortal turn on Jeff hardy before he goes to jail.. have Anderson lead immortal to give them some credibilaty. Anderson is a better heel than a face.. have him take it from Sting.. then have AJ chase it from Anderson. Since solution, AJ should be champ but he doesn't need to be right now.

I have a little idea of maybe giving Matt Morgan a run with it too.. if Anderson joins immortal that would give Morgan reason to chase Anderson too after all he did to stick up for him a few months back.

At least that is an idea.. this way you get hardy out of the title picture.. I don't mind having Sting as world champ.. let him ride with it for a while.

Maybe AJ is not fully 100% yet cause didn't he hurt his hip some point a couple months back. I know he has been in the ring since but correct me if I'm wrong has he only had one singles match in awhile against Flair, besides being put in tag team matches where he can stay on the apron a majority of the match.

You know that makes sense, i never thought about that. My guess is they are waiting until he is 100% ok to wrestle, because if not its total stupidity on their part. But to give benefit of a doubt to the writing team, i think its because he is not 100% yet.

From the summer of 1996 through January of the year 2000, these men held that title; Hulk Hogan, Lex Luger, Sting, Randy Savage, Goldberg, Kevin Nash, Ric Flair, DDP and Bret Hart. Also, DDP held that title twice, for a grand total of one month during that time period.

You just named 9 guys. Did they need to build up more? YOu know how many different PPV mainevents you can have with 9 guys? And thats not including the fact that they had Hennig, Hall, Giant (you forgot that Giant had the title in that same year frame) and Piper.

The title picture is way crowded right now at TNA. Obviously this is sloppy book9ing again. Once they sort this out, soon I hope, we might see this again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back