• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wes Brisco - Aces and Eights?

Suq Madeeq

Dark Match Winner
I was noticing the backstage segment with Kurt Angle and Wes Briscoe. Briscoe was talking to Kurt and asked him to put in a word to Hogan about becoming a wrestler. I noticed Wes Briscoe had long brownish-blonde hair pulled up into a ponytail.

With the way he looked during the conversation when Devon and Garrett Bischoff joined in the segment, Briscoe had a sly look about him. I think he might be the attacker with the long hair. Perhaps he was there, eavesdropping for Aces and Eights, undercover.

What do you think? It's just making me all the more intrigued about the whole thing. Am I just reading too much into it? I guess we shall soon find out.

:shifty:

Good catch, I should've noticed that. I wonder if someone could provide a couple of images for comparison, I'm too lazy.

If that's the case, however, I think it'd be rather cool. I like Briscoe, he's got something going on. IF he is a part of them, however, and he is completely new ... will the rest be newbies as well? As I suggested in the other thread, I originally thought the Gutcheck guys were Aces and 8's, including Joey Ryan. Ryan certainly has enough of a reason to take his frustrations out on everyone. Also people kept saying things about a Queen and a female leading them. Taeler Hendrix maybe? If TNA is going the Nexus path with this I won't be surprised if they tried to emulate AJ Lee and turn Taeler into something like her. Not psychotic just a calculating female in charge of something that usually women are not in charge of such as a stable of dudes.

It would explain why none of them are getting used at the moment, however they did attack Sam Shaw. Still, that could be explained too if they had him join them after the beatdown.

Just some food for thought. I just love that I've ZERO clue about who is what and all I got are theories. The bad side is that I'm hyping myself up way too much and whatever the reveal is won't be as cool as I thought it would but that ain't TNA's fault. We'll see what happens.

Wrestlezone actually reported that Wes Brisco is being used as a body for the attacks so he probably will be featured along with Luke Gallows who is also being used for the attacks.

Im pretty sure that it was already reported Wes was the attacker in Aces and Eights with long hair. Its possible he was there to spy for Aces and Eights but I think it was more so to introduce him to the fans not everybody knows who the hell he is after a very short time in FCW. Also he may not end up being one of members when the reveal happens and this would be a way to bring in the 2nd generation wrestler and get fans familiar with him now.

yes wes brisco is the guy with the long hair in aces and eights. with wes being the least known of the aces and eights. i think tna want the fans to know who he is before aces and eights are unmasked. also i think this will also turn out to be aces and eights getting one of there own on the inside

The first correlation I made was between body size/type and the hair he had pulled up into a bun, which made me immediately think he was this attacker:

394670_10150999144256026_642917420_n.jpg

After having compared that to images of Brisco himself, it makes sense:

tumblr_m7e2cwJcGv1rqoq0po2_r3_400.jpg

He's also been reported to be one of the men contracted to be playing an attacker, so there's also that.

I'm actually less concerned with who each member is as much as I am with why they're here. The overarching point of why is what matters most.

Yeah, as others have said, it's been reported that he is being used as a body for now until they figure out who the attackers will be. After seeing him on TV, i connected the two immediately and figured that's where they're headed. He'll probably turn out to actually be one of the guys, when the reveal happens.

yeah, I did notice that myself, i think he will turn out to be one of the guys revealed to us in the end, but i don't think he'll be THE guy/girl that's pulling the strings. For now I'm just loving the journey, I've just started watching TNA again and I tip my hat to them, they're putting on better show's than WWE every week, THIS IS WRESTLING!

The guy looked like a goofy creep, especially with that smile and all that. I wouldn't be surprised if he's in the group. I also expect some twists. Like Garrett being in the group and other people the have no idea what to do with.

I think he is going to be one of the attackers and this was just a way to introduced him since he is the only one not to be in the WWE (FCW doesn't count.) Also this could be cool since he could betray TNA and be one of the top guy in the Aces and Eights.

you really think Nexus was that good? It pretty much failed on all levels thru the whole story. They couldnt make it work with all rookie and them jumping people got old quick. They added Punk into the story and it didnt make it any better either. As far as Aces & Eights go they just started this story so how can you compare the two?

you really think Nexus was that good? It pretty much failed on all levels thru the whole story. They couldnt make it work with all rookie and them jumping people got old quick. They added Punk into the story and it didnt make it any better either. As far as Aces & Eights go they just started this story so how can you compare the two?

Easily — because that's what people around here love to do when it comes to things TNA does. Criticize it off the bat, despite having only seen perhaps a small clip of it on YouTube (though we get plenty our share of "I don't watch TNA, but here's my opinion on it..." type of posts too) and undercut whatever potential it has by citing that WWE did it first, so it's obviously a rip-off.

Considering the fact we actually KNEW who Nexus were off the bat, Nexus and Aces and Eights do not compare.

I was thinking something similar to the OP.

Perhaps this briscoe fellow will be used like "NWO sting" to make people think James storm is in the group. That was my first thought after "who is this guy?" got an answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back