We're leaving the Movie Tournament threads up for the rest of the weekend

Papa Shango

Frontman of the WZ Band!!
There's been some pretty good discussion in the bracket finals, so we've decided not to close the polls until Sunday night/ Monday morning, depending on how tired I am after work on Sunday. I'm particularly intrigued by the debates going on in the Gladiator- LOTR thread. It's getting heated in there. All four match ups are still close, so go and vote!!

cant belive Alien is straight up beating star wars, insane.

a suggestion for other tournaments of this sort. why is it thatwe HAVE to go be decades?? Can we honestly say the last four movies will be a competition of the 4 greaest movies of all time?? think it would be mor eproficeient to just have all the movies from top to bottom, without the decades...

I was thinking that when we started. COuld have been interesting to see movies such as Back to the Future vs. Rocky or something like that.

That's one thing that annoyed me about this tournament. We had matches like Gump/Shawshank early on, but some of what I think most people would consider lesser films went an extra round or two because they were just up against easier competition. Shame.

I considered several different ways of splitting it up. Ranking them all 1-128 would have made me nauseous. Grouping them by genre made me feel like I was saying that some genres might be better than others. In the end, by decade seemed to be the fairest and most orderly way of doing it.

I considered several different ways of splitting it up. Ranking them all 1-128 would have made me nauseous. Grouping them by genre made me feel like I was saying that some genres might be better than others. In the end, by decade seemed to be the fairest and most orderly way of doing it.

Yeah, there pretty much is no more efficient way I can think of doing it either. Genre is one of those annoyances where not everything fits specifically into one category, and even then, there are far too many genres out there. Is The Usual Suspects a drama, a crime drama, a thriller, a.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back