Well at least we're getting some type of Elimination Match....

FlexAmerican Dynamite

WZCW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION
WWE has announced that Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, Antonio Cesaro, and Jack Swagger will face Cody Rhodes, Goldust, The Uso Brothers, and a mystery partner in a traditional tag team elimination match at Survivor Series this Sunday night.

No reason why the mystery partner shouldn't be Big E.

"Oh shit, we still don't have a Survivor Series match on the Survivor Series show." -Vince McMahon earlier today

Could someone explain to me the appeal of elimination tag matches? To my logic it means you have guys go out each with a small set amount of time and most end up looking bad because they end up taking a quick loss while one or two guys end up looking somewhat good.

Survivor Series matches are just ordinary to me. Did they get better in the past 15 years? What am I missing?

Could someone explain to me the appeal of elimination tag matches? To my logic it means you have guys go out each with a small set amount of time and most end up looking bad because they end up taking a quick loss while one or two guys end up looking somewhat good.

Survivor Series matches are just ordinary to me. Did they get better in the past 15 years? What am I missing?

Most of us are just sticklers for tradition I guess. Not having one is to a much lesser extent not having a Royal Rumble match at Royal Rumble or an Elimination Chamber match at Elimination Chamber, maybe that's a bit too extreme though. The best option is to probably stop having gimmick PPV's.

You do have a point though, I'd much rather get a an elimination tag team title match like in 2002.

Have two of these. Teams selected at random, or by the captains. Enter the survivors in a multi-man title match to end the night.

Im open for creative position offers, WWE. Just sitting here waiting.

Most of us are just sticklers for tradition I guess. Not having one is to a much lesser extent not having a Royal Rumble match at Royal Rumble or an Elimination Chamber match at Elimination Chamber, maybe that's a bit too extreme though. The best option is to probably stop having gimmick PPV's.

The Series is one of the original two though, hombre'

True, I could go without Traditional Elimination matches if they did things like in 2002 where the two most important matches were elimination but not in the traditional sense. Switch it up every now and then I guess.

thats the format the modern wwe needs to roll with. Elimination matches that mean something in the way of titles or a stipulation, or have this be the ppv were EC is busted out.

Or use my idea. Can be used to put multiple people over, provides unpredictability, and has a million ways it can be booked.

Do heel team captains pick a strong team, hoping to be protected going into the main event later? Or a weak one, hoping to be the sole survivor and get themselves a one-on-one match? Do they promise some monster heel the frst tite shot if the guy sheilds them through to the end?

All sorts of stuff.

Mystery partner suggests that it won't just be Big E. He's kind of floating right now because it looked like he would feud with Axel, then Ambrose and now he hasn't interacted with either in a few weeks.

Maybe Mark Henry or someone will return for that mystery spot.
Should be a fun match either way.

Big E makes zero sense as a "Mystery" partner. It's likely going to be a guy like Mysterio, Mark Henry, or Sheamus returning from injury. One long shot is Undertaker. Taker was a mystery partner at SS in 1990 and he was last seen being put through a table by the Shield. I highly doubt they would bring Taker back without advertising it but anything's possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back