Week 9: IC 25 -versus- Falkon

Mr. TM

Throwing a tantrum
Hornswoggle: Will he still have a place in the WWE 2-3 years?

Falkon is the home debater, he gets to choose which side of the debate he is on first, but he has 24 hours.

Remember to read the rules. This thread is only for the debaters.

This round ends + 24 hours after Friday 1:00 pm Pacific

I go from Gelgarin to IC25... crap.

Well, this may sound like suicide picking my argument, but I am going to choose: Hornswoggle Will Have A Place In The WWE in 2-3 years time.

Do you mind IC if you went first? I have a couple of things on here first & to get them out of the way, as well as some stuff in real life to sort out, so I can be more punctual this time. Otherwise, let me know if you can't.

Do you mind IC if you went first? I have a couple of things on here first & to get them out of the way, as well as some stuff in real life to sort out, so I can be more punctual this time. Otherwise, let me know if you can't.

Absolutely fine with me, since you asked so nicely.

Dylan "Hornswoggle" Postl is a leprechaun character in World Wrestling Entertainment who, within the next two years, will become as big a myth as the pot of gold you're rumored to get for catching him. It's the nature of the beast, and there is nothing that will prevent it.

In the body of this debate, I am going to explain to you exactly why Hornswoggle will fall by the wayside, and why 2-3 years from how he'll be a memory filed under "future endeavored."

Reason #1 - Novelty Characters Hit Dead Ends

The major issue with novelty, heavy gimmick characters in today's WWE is that they cannot really go anywhere. They are limited in options because their gimmick, though it gets them over early, fails to provide them any real outlet.

I will use Nick "Eugene" Dinsmore as an example. Eugene was very popular, and very over. He was a novelty. He was no where near as big as the character he played, and since his character was essentially a mentally ******ed savant, it was not feasible to place him in the long term singles title picture.

Eugene's solid work was in angles with either Eric Bischoff playing his uncle or William "I can make any crap look great" Regal. Once WWE fired Bischoff and decided to take Regal in a more serious direction, all was over. They tried to make Eugene a heel, but he was so helpless and sympathetic that he never got over. With nowhere else to go, he was released.

You may recall a similar situation with one Zach Gowen. The one-legged wrestler was a neat novelty and a freak show attraction, but after a win over The Big Show and one of the most brutal beatings I've ever seen at the hands of Brock Lesnar, he wasn't a serious contender for anything at this stage.

With Hornswoggle, it's no different. He cannot seriously content for a title, and with the Tag Titles unified and actually being taken seriously, he can't even win a gimmick match with Finlay. The WWE could bring back the Light Heavyweight title, but why waste in on Hornswoggle when you could use it to give mat time to Evan Bourne or Chavo Guerrero?

The fact that Hornswoggle has lasted THIS long is a miracle, because his size and gimmick leave him almost no options. Nowhere to go but OUT.

Reason #2 - The Youth Movement

ECW is arguably at its strongest since the Johnny Nitro / CM Punk days. The Hart Dynasty, Seamus, and numerous others are ready to pop soon. Bryan Danielson and Nigel McGuinness are slated to start shortly. Edge is coming back from injury. Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase Jr. are ready for more time following their DX feud. The US Title Picture has 4 serious contenders.

Are you getting my point? We will soon be reaching a point in the youth movement of WWE where there will be little to no time for the overly comedic skits. And if RAW wants to keep some comedy involved, who are they more likely to turn to? Hornswoggle, who has zero mic skills and zero appreciable wrestling value, or Santino Marella, who is a two-time former IC Champion and arguably far more over with the fans right now than Hornswoggle?

Reason #3 - Lack of Interest in Midget Wrestling

WWE had the "bright" idea a while back to try out the Juniors division. This stroke of genius was to create, essentially, a midget division. It was dropped so fast it was laughable. It went the way of the XFL without the embarassing reality of ever actually happening.

Why was it dropped? Lack of fan interest. This goes hand in hand with point #1 - there's no where for Hornswoggle to go currently, and the WWE isn't going to pull the trigger on a midget division whcih they've already seen as a failure waiting to happen, so what else is there?

The indy circut, that's what.

Good morning. As selected by my own will, I have chosen to defend the curious case that is most commonly known as Hornswoggle. This is concerning his employment contract with the World Wrestling Entertainment company as an active weekly performer where I solemnly believe that the character will be listed on the roster in 2-3 years time.

As to make my contributions of the discussion more presentable due to my last efforts being very rough, I am implemented the use of "light" paragraphs, subtitles & sectioned posts for a more comfortable & enjoyable read. I gave my last opponent a hard time in the previous debate format I used to which I apologise. As for the current debate, let us have an interesting conversation of the matter where one of us will end up like Chavo Guerrero.

My Points Of Reason

1) The PG-rated Era

At this present time, the WWE have transcended into a new era of the company where the quality of the product must satisfy the protocols required in fulfilling a PG-rated show. This is an attempt into gaining a relatively young fan base to secure the "next generation" of wrestling fans for the company to appeal to. Thus far, the WWE has not reached the three year mark in the process, whereby this "process" I speak of is a long & delicate procedure where a much more longer time frame is required of around the eight to ten year mark, depending on the age demographics.

For the WWE to comply with being PG-rated, they must make their television programming family & kid-friendly. One of the components that the WWE has completed is by introducing a character in which the fragile minds of the child can connect with quite easily without the intricate thinking needed for some of the other characters presented on the roster. That character is indeed the Irish leprechaun called Hornswoggle. His stature of being a midget & the, for the lack of a better word, shenanigans mimicks that of a small child, something which the WWE is aiming at in terms of target audience.

Having Hornswoggle on the roster has its effects outside the wrestling community. The mainstream media has given a lot of negative coverage of the WWE & professional wrestling in an attempt to sabotage the sport for being "fake" & "violent for young viewers." By the WWE keeping Hornswoggle in the PG-rated era, they are able to show the entertainment side of professional wrestling & show that it is not as bad as the press like to publish it to be. What better way to do this by having silly & fun comedic matches between a midget & a wrestler people don't like who has a history of wrestling comedically?

2) The Character

Hornswoggle is undoubtedly over with the crowd who always receives cheers of sizable proportions no matter what fan alignment he may possess (in which I refer to being heel or face), his antics provides comedic entertainment that seems to garner positive responses from the live audience & is a well-known name that turns the heads of the children to pay attention to the match where any associate suprisingly gets a rub from the little guy. With the PG-rated era not going anywhere soon or in the next two to three years as their targetted audience is between 6 & 14, why get rid of someone on the roster that is able to meet the criteria in establishing a new fan base quite sufficiently in their own right?

With the WWE being in what is known as the "Crisis Mode" in developing new stars to rise into the main event, the company needs anyone who has the ability to give the rub to newcomers. As of right now, Hornswoggle has elevated Finlay in being a solid face wrestler on the SmackDown roster who can in turn promote new stars of the business like Mike Knox & currently helping Evan Bourne in developing a fan base for the future amongst the children. This has been achieved by a mere association with & the presence of Hornswoggle.

3) The History: Both As A Professional Wrestler & Real-Life Person

For a midget wrestler, Hornswoggle has a very good resume. During his indy circuit days, he has held two championships that are usually contested between "normal-sized" competitor's. As from wikipedia with citations:

Wikipedia said:
Championships and accomplishments

NWA Wisconsin
NWA Wisconsin X Division Championship (1 time)[5]

South Shore Wrestling
SSW Tag Team Championship – with Devin Diamond (1 time)[1]

If someone of the likes of Hornswoggle that realistically cannot compete in these divisions win the championships of the respected divisions, he must be very reliable or trusted in gaining something for the business. This is one credential that the WWE looks for when bringing in new talent for the roster. During the year of 2007 within the WWE, Pro Wrestling Illustrated also named Hornswoggle as "Rookie Of The Year." This is an impressive feat considering there are a lot of other viable contenders that have done a lot more than Hornswoggle as professional wrestlers.

On the subject of reliability, Hornswoggle is one of the people on the list of "kid-friendly & attracting" superstars that has a low probability of involving one's self with drugs simply because of his dwarfism. As already known by many, two of the stars that were considered on this list have been in drug-related issues. Rey Mysterio, popular with the kids & draws in the hispanic audiences, has been suspended for 30 days for violating the Wellness Policy. Jeff Hardy, also popular with the kids, had two violations of the same Policy & is currently being charged with drug trafficking. The WWE needs someone who is least likely to be susceptable to this yet still be a major name on the list I mentioned above. Hornswoggle fits the position perfectly.

Rebuttal Of Opponent's Arguments

Reason #1 - Novelty Characters Hit Dead Ends

I disagree here. The WWE is, as I stated before, in the PG-rated era where novelty characters can work for an extended period of time by manipulating the minds of children who don't have the intellect that us older fans have. When these characters find nowhere to go, there are still some choices in the direction of the character. With Hornswoggle, he has already gone through so many changes successfully & is still going strong. He went from Little Bastard to the "Illegitimate Son" storyline to Finlay/Hornswoggle family relationship to just plain old Hornswoggle.

Yes, characters like Eugene & Zack Gowen were novelty characters that indeed hit dead ends, but it was because they were implemented during a time where the WWE was not particularly aimed at the kids. Naturally, so much sympathy from the older fans can be given out. If created during the time of the PG-rated era, these men may have had a larger tank with gas still left in the tank.

To sabotage any reference you may make sneakily in you're next argument about the above statement, there have been characters that performed during the PG-rated era such as the Boogeyman who also hit dead ends with a novelty character. Quite frankly, the Boogeyman did not have much of a crowd connection & had to be booked a certain way to retain his gimmick.

The key difference between these mentioned above & Hornswoggle is that he transitioned nicely into the PG-rated era to become an established "kid-friendly" name & his gimmick has areas of exploration still yet untouched where it can be passable under the PG-ratings. He also has a crowd connection & is over with the audience as I have stated earlier.

So, though novelty characters have dead ends, there are the elite few like Hornswoggle that have broken through the glass ceiling in satisfying what the company wants from their stars even with their very heavy gimmicks.

Reason #2 - The Youth Movement

What are you talking about? Hornswoggle IS apart of The Youth Movement. He is twenty-three years old, has the title of "Rookie of the Year 2007" issued from PWI & is one of the stars that is relatively young on the WWE roster concerning his tenture as an on-screen character. That covers the "Youth" section of your second reason.

He is above others in establishing a crowd connection, being a well-known name & people become interested when he appears on the television. He has moved from the ECW roster to the RAW roster & has had success on every brand he has been on. He has the ability to help others by giving the reputation rub for a push into the limelight & has proven a reliable source with the examples of Finlay pushing others as a face & Evan Bourne establishing himself on the main roster. With the amount of reputation that Horny has, i'd say he is apart of the "Movement" as well.

Reason #3 - Lack of Interest in Midget Wrestling

I will concede that this is a valid point, but I must digress. Gimmick-themed divisions inside of a company that contains only traditional divisions like the tag team, singles & women's division will always be an extraordinary task in achieving that will more than likely lead to a failure. Look at the likes of the Hardcore division in the WWE, which is a very self-explanatory example.

However, I must reiterate that I am explaining a division, not a particular wrestler with the same trait as the division. Some wrestlers from the hardcore division with hardcore traits eventually broke through the barrier & became successful as a wrestler in their own right, like Tommy Dreamer. Same thing applies with Hornswoggle. He might be able to compete in that division & be successful, but he has what it takes to make it as a competitor in the other divisions.

My Response to Falkon

#1 - The PG Era

Just because something is PG does not instantly make it relevant nor valuable in today's WWE. You mentioned that the 3-year mark hasn't even been hit yet. Well, in the 3 or so years that the PG era has been in place, performance is also down. So often at the crux of criticism is boring and mind-numbing vignettes involving your lil' buddy Hornswoggle.

One of the components that the WWE has completed is by introducing a character in which the fragile minds of the child can connect with quite easily without the intricate thinking needed for some of the other characters presented on the roster.

Now you're just insulting the fan base. When I was a 12-, 13-, 14-year old wrestling fan, around the Wrestlemania 7-9 era, I fully grasped the concept of The Undertaker, Jake "The Snake" Roberts, et als. At that age, during the Survivor Series, I recall the PG-character "The Gobbeldy Gooker." Well, my "fragile mind" connected enough to realize that segment was a terrific chance to go and pee.

Even the young fans watch wrestling for the wrestling, as evidenced by the young fan base Jeff Hardy and Rey Mysterio have. Besides, if the goal of the WWE was to have the PG focus right now, why put Hornswoggle on Monday Night Raw from 9:00 pm - 11:00 pm during the school year when these kids are, presumably, in bed or doing homework? Why not stick him on Smackdown from 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm on a Friday night? Clearly Hornswoggle isn't in place to be a vessel of a PG era of the WWE.

Having Hornswoggle on the roster has its effects outside the wrestling community. The mainstream media has given a lot of negative coverage of the WWE & professional wrestling in an attempt to sabotage the sport for being "fake" & "violent for young viewers." By the WWE keeping Hornswoggle in the PG-rated era, they are able to show the entertainment side of professional wrestling & show that it is not as bad as the press like to publish it to be. What better way to do this by having silly & fun comedic matches between a midget & a wrestler people don't like who has a history of wrestling comedically?

You mean the midget who parades around like a leprechaun and gets beaten down by the big monster heels every so often? Yes, kids, here's a great lesson in bullying. Find the smallest kid in the yard and target him. What better way to promote the PG era than with a lesson in bullying and offensive characterizations of people with disabilities?

#2 - The Character

Next, you attempt to extol the merits of Hornswoggle as a competitor who is "over" despite criticism of his angles with Chavo Guerrero and antics involving his disappearing into a wall while being chased by Carlito. Sure, he's gotten cheered by the crowd before, but you haven't noticed that reaction dying down as of late? Falkon, the character is getting stale because he's done nothing in the last 2-3 months than participate in a gimmicky, dead-end feud with Chavo Guerrero.

With the WWE being in what is known as the "Crisis Mode" in developing new stars to rise into the main event, the company needs anyone who has the ability to give the rub to newcomers. As of right now, Hornswoggle has elevated Finlay in being a solid face wrestler on the SmackDown roster who can in turn promote new stars of the business like Mike Knox & currently helping Evan Bourne in developing a fan base for the future amongst the children. This has been achieved by a mere association with & the presence of Hornswoggle.

I've seen Evan Bourne live. The only reason people care about him is the Shooting Star Press. Unless the WWE brings the light heavyweight title back for guys like Bourne, he's not going anywhere either.

I am certainly not saying that Hornswoggle hasn't had his place in the past. His work with Finlay made sense. Making Hornswoggle into Vince McMahon's illegitimate son was a necessary disappointment due to the suspension of Mr. Kennedy. He had a good run.

But the debate question asks whether he'll have a place in 2011 and 2012, and you don't actually believe creative is going to keep his character fresh enough as a side show gimmick to be successful, do you?

#3 - The History: Both As A Professional Wrestler & Real-Life Person

Next, (and I found this hilarious), you attempt to show the merit of Hornswoggle as an actual wrestler. And you try to do this by citing victories over normal-sized competitors in...wait for it...NWA WISCONSIN!? Please, Falkon, PLEASE tell me you didn't just try to claim Hornswoggle could be a serious wrestler / contender in the biggest wrestling company in history because of his one-time title reign as NWA Wisconsin X-Division champion!

The mere fact that Hornswoggle was given the Light Heavyweight Championship in the WWE devalued THAT title to the point where it had to be retired. Like when Harvey Wippleman won the Women's Title. When you make a championship a 100% novelty, you ruin it. It's as simple as that.

If someone of the likes of Hornswoggle that realistically cannot compete in these divisions win the championships of the respected divisions, he must be very reliable or trusted in gaining something for the business.

You're right, just look at the success and tradition of NWA Wisconsin.

During the year of 2007 within the WWE, Pro Wrestling Illustrated also named Hornswoggle as "Rookie Of The Year."

His competition was Ted DiBiase Jr., who'd not even debuted with a major show yet. There was NO crop of rookies in 2007. Besides, the Boogeyman won that same award in 2006. And he's where now? Whoops, another pure novelty character out the door!

From now on, just file arguments such as "NWA Wisconsin" and "2007 PWI Rookie of the Year" under the heading "How I Will Now Help My Opponent Win This Debate."

On the subject of reliability, Hornswoggle is one of the people on the list of "kid-friendly & attracting" superstars that has a low probability of involving one's self with drugs simply because of his dwarfism.

So we're now making hiring and retention decisions based solely on one's propensity to avoid drugs? Hardy and Mysterio, independently of one another, draw more money on one PPV than Hornswoggle has ever drawn in his career.

The WWE is, as I stated before, in the PG-rated era where novelty characters can work for an extended period of time by manipulating the minds of children who don't have the intellect that us older fans have.

Again, you're stuck on insulting the minds of children.

Here's the thing - this kids WWE is trying to attract? They're going to grow up. Most of them will be in middle and high school in 2-3 years, and Hornswoggle with be as lame to them as he is now to us fans with "intellect."

Yes, characters like Eugene & Zack Gowen were novelty characters that indeed hit dead ends, but it was because they were implemented during a time where the WWE was not particularly aimed at the kids.

No, it was because they had no where to go after their novelty ran out. People would have taken a one-legged wrestler and a mental ****** about as seriously as contenders in the WWE as they would a leprechaun. Oh, wait...

To sabotage any reference you may make sneakily in you're next argument about the above statement, there have been characters that performed during the PG-rated era such as the Boogeyman who also hit dead ends with a novelty character. Quite frankly, the Boogeyman did not have much of a crowd connection & had to be booked a certain way to retain his gimmick.

Wow, I feel violated.

Wait, no I don't.

Boogeyman = Pure Gimmick = Fired.

Did you write that down?

So, though novelty characters have dead ends, there are the elite few like Hornswoggle that have broken through the glass ceiling in satisfying what the company wants from their stars even with their very heavy gimmicks.

Now you're calling him ELITE? Pardon me, but ARE YOU HIGH? He's done some entertaining (and some annoying) vignettes with other wrestlers and got over for a short time, absolutely. But I repeat - when the gimmick runs its course with the fans, as it is sure to do (and is already doing), all that is left is a midget wrestler with no serious contendership in a world class professional wrestling organization and no other midgets to wrestle.

What are you talking about? Hornswoggle IS apart of The Youth Movement.

Dear God no he's not. That's like saying Rey Mysterio's son Dominic was part of the youth movement. He's not a developmental talent like John Morrison, CM Punk, Randy Orton, Ted DiBiase, or Cody Rhodes. He's young, but to claim he's an appreciable part of the youth movement is erroneous.

Hornswoggle's clock is counting down as more talented young contenders move in. The short attention span of ALL wrestling fans, including the much shorter attention spans of very youthful fans, will eventually doom a one-dimensional gimmick like the leprechaun.

Rebuttal Of Opponent's Rebuttal Concerning My Initial Rebuttal​

Just because something is PG does not instantly make it relevant nor valuable in today's WWE. You mentioned that the 3-year mark hasn't even been hit yet. Well, in the 3 or so years that the PG era has been in place, performance is also down. So often at the crux of criticism is boring and mind-numbing vignettes involving your lil' buddy Hornswoggle.

1) The PG-rating is definitely an influence on the modern WWE & can factor into creating particular aspects to become relevant or valuable. This is one of the main issues that the product is based around & needs to implement everything fitting to that criteria.

2) Where does this criticism come from? I know, the Internet Wrestling Community. What a complete shocker that is, the IWC giving negative feedback on something they don't like on the television even though it may be beneficial to the business in the long run.

3) The reasonings behind the lack of performance has absolutely nothing to do with the PG ratings era being the main factor. The WWE have failed to create an new stars to rise the rankings to take over the roles of Undertaker, Shawn Michaels & Triple H for when they eventually retire. I would keep going, but this is for another debate.

Now you're just insulting the fan base. When I was a 12-, 13-, 14-year old wrestling fan, around the Wrestlemania 7-9 era, I fully grasped the concept of The Undertaker, Jake "The Snake" Roberts, et als. At that age, during the Survivor Series, I recall the PG-character "The Gobbeldy Gooker." Well, my "fragile mind" connected enough to realize that segment was a terrific chance to go and pee.

Sometimes the truth hurts. If you didn't forget, the target audience starts as low as the six year old age mark. Something tells me that children at this age don't have the ability as 12 - 14 year olds in understanding concepts that goes into various wrestling characters that well & will generally go for those that stand for righteousness or mimick someone that relates to them. Hornswoggle is a perfect match for this area.

Even the young fans watch wrestling for the wrestling, as evidenced by the young fan base Jeff Hardy and Rey Mysterio have. Besides, if the goal of the WWE was to have the PG focus right now, why put Hornswoggle on Monday Night Raw from 9:00 pm - 11:00 pm during the school year when these kids are, presumably, in bed or doing homework? Why not stick him on Smackdown from 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm on a Friday night? Clearly Hornswoggle isn't in place to be a vessel of a PG era of the WWE.

If only debates where allowed the disappointed smiley, because this is a perfect example of how that particular one should be used.

Do you remember that RAW is the flagship show where it is the driving force in the WWE that articulates what the current product is all about? You must considering that you are older than me & have much more experience as a professional wrestling fan. So, if the WWE's main focus is the PG-ratings era, then RAW will be based solely around this as many people recognise RAW over SmackDown due to its history. That is how it has always been. Prior to the PG era, RAW was the more wrestling based show being a little more edgy than SmackDown, that was a family-based product showcasing the entertainment.

If Hornswoggle is placed on the flagship show of the WWE that targets a young audience not even in double digit ages where he constantly gets TV time & is the main attraction of his segment, then clearly Horny seems to be something right.

Remember, SmackDown is on MyNetworkTV in the United States which I can safely presume is WWE's largest market. This channel I believe is not feature across the nation & is still growing. RAW however, is on a much more larger network that reaches out to many households. Is any of this clicking with you or do I have to reiterate again?

You mean the midget who parades around like a leprechaun and gets beaten down by the big monster heels every so often? Yes, kids, here's a great lesson in bullying. Find the smallest kid in the yard and target him. What better way to promote the PG era than with a lesson in bullying and offensive characterizations of people with disabilities

I think I covered this in my previous argument, but I shall state it again just to let you understand the concept of Hornswoggle. It seems as if the WWE Universe has taken some sort of liking to the character enough to give him good solid face reactions from the crowd week in week out. He is in a position to give the rub to many people in reputation by mere association.

What has Chavo done recently other than his short ECW title reign or his short stint in La Familia? Nothing.

What type of reactions that he received before Horny? Not the amount he is getting recently.

What has Evan Bourne done since moving to RAW? Being Swagger's opponent in a game of Squash.

What happened when Mark Henry or other heels like Chavo picked on & bullied Horny? Instant heel reactions that got them noticed.

What happens in the end of all these heel situations? Hornswoggle comes out the victor of the situation by fighting back & proving everyone wrong.

It is not promotion of bullying & targetting the "different & not normal" people when they exit as the one who walks out as the winner. It is showing the kids that no matter is thrown at you, all you need to have is the courage & the determination to not stand down & you can achieve anything. I believe this is similar to what the face of the PG-ratings era "John Cena" does as well.

Next, you attempt to extol the merits of Hornswoggle as a competitor who is "over" despite criticism of his angles with Chavo Guerrero and antics involving his disappearing into a wall while being chased by Carlito. Sure, he's gotten cheered by the crowd before, but you haven't noticed that reaction dying down as of late? Falkon, the character is getting stale because he's done nothing in the last 2-3 months than participate in a gimmicky, dead-end feud with Chavo Guerrero.

Have you seen his entire career? He has always gotten cheered by the crowd despite what fan alignment he has been. He has always been over with the crowd & even during the feud between Chavo/Hornswoggle was still receiving decent-sized cheers that seem to overpower some of the other faces like Primo on the RAW roster.

Being tied with the same feud has shot down some of Horny's crowd reactions, which I concur with you. However, this is with every other feud where it constantly features two stars competing against each other. During the Triple H/Randy Orton feud, apart from the Orton antics, the Triple H face reactions where significantly dying down as well because of boredom with the feud, not the competitors.

I've seen Evan Bourne live. The only reason people care about him is the Shooting Star Press. Unless the WWE brings the light heavyweight title back for guys like Bourne, he's not going anywhere either.

Hence the reason why he is involved with Hornswoggle & Chavo to cease the feud between the two & find a way to get reactions with the crowd. Thankyou for proving my point.

I am certainly not saying that Hornswoggle hasn't had his place in the past. His work with Finlay made sense. Making Hornswoggle into Vince McMahon's illegitimate son was a necessary disappointment due to the suspension of Mr. Kennedy. He had a good run.

But the debate question asks whether he'll have a place in 2011 and 2012, and you don't actually believe creative is going to keep his character fresh enough as a side show gimmick to be successful, do you?

Considering how creative has stepped up to the plate recently in making good television on the weekly shows, currently trying to build up superstars for the future, are in the PG era, looking for people that draw ratings & are able to adapt Hornswoggle to various situations for comedic purposes as you have conceded, I can believe that the WWE will keep him for another 2-3 years. If they can make Legacy look credible after what they have been through as Orton's lackies, then anything is possible.

Next, (and I found this hilarious), you attempt to show the merit of Hornswoggle as an actual wrestler. And you try to do this by citing victories over normal-sized competitors in...wait for it...NWA WISCONSIN!? Please, Falkon, PLEASE tell me you didn't just try to claim Hornswoggle could be a serious wrestler / contender in the biggest wrestling company in history because of his one-time title reign as NWA Wisconsin X-Division champion!

The mere fact that Hornswoggle was given the Light Heavyweight Championship in the WWE devalued THAT title to the point where it had to be retired. Like when Harvey Wippleman won the Women's Title. When you make a championship a 100% novelty, you ruin it. It's as simple as that.

1) How many other midget wrestlers have won singles titles in divisions other than the crusierweight/light heavyweight divisions? To my knowledge, Hornswoggle is the only one. Coming from this conclusion, I can say that Horny has something to contribute in the professional wrestling business if he is able to muster up a push from any promotion. Oh, did you notice how we are talking about professional wrestling, not amateur?

2) It was the Cruiserweight Title, check your facts there. Anyway, they were already talks of defuncting the championship so the cruiserweights of the roster were able to take the same path as Rey to branch into other divisions. Add this to the fact that the division was already seen as a novelty before the arrival of Horny to the division. So, there is no harm in having Hornswoggle taking a title reign that had no interest for comedic purposes.

3) There is still a Women's Championship & is the best female title on the WWE roster. I won't go any further here, its for another discussion.

You're right, just look at the success and tradition of NWA Wisconsin.

If the accomplishment is able to get on Wikipedia with sources, it must be worth something.

His competition was Ted DiBiase Jr., who'd not even debuted with a major show yet. There was NO crop of rookies in 2007. Besides, the Boogeyman won that same award in 2006. And he's where now? Whoops, another pure novelty character out the door!

From now on, just file arguments such as "NWA Wisconsin" and "2007 PWI Rookie of the Year" under the heading "How I Will Now Help My Opponent Win This Debate."

And where was Ted DiBiase before the WWE Crisis Mode? Just a jobbing tag team with Cody that earned a tag team title reign to be a legitimate threat for when they did start jobbing to the higher ranks. Hornswoggle did something that DiBiase didn't do & that has garner a connection with the crowd concerning characters. Horny is a unique original where Ted is just another 3rd generational superstar that speaks of his history parading around like he is God's gift to the Earth. In storyline, Horny is a second generation star, but he doesn't parade around & look at what he receives.

How are people supposed to believe you're argument of "Im supplying you points to make you win this debate" when I have clearly shown you why my discussion is correct using you're points to boot more often than "Two achievements" whilst providing lengthy details instead of sarcastic rhetorical questions/statement? Oh wow, I can do it too. Does it make my argument more powerful? Quite simply no.

So we're now making hiring and retention decisions based solely on one's propensity to avoid drugs? Hardy and Mysterio, independently of one another, draw more money on one PPV than Hornswoggle has ever drawn in his career.

Well, its because they are professional wrestlers employed to wrestle. It is their job to do so. If they don't draw being the names they have, then something must be wrong. Hornswoggle is a comedic entertainment character that wrestles for this purpose & is needed to gain reactions from the crowd or to get people interested in some situations that wouldn't simply work without someone like Horny.

In addition, I was not making any sole references here. I was making the point that Hornswoggle is a reliable individual that can be used consistently without being caught in areas such as drugs, unlike some superstars like Mysterio & Hardy.

Again, you're stuck on insulting the minds of children.

Here's the thing - this kids WWE is trying to attract? They're going to grow up. Most of them will be in middle and high school in 2-3 years, and Hornswoggle with be as lame to them as he is now to us fans with "intellect."

Again, the targetted audience starts as low as six years of age. Considering that the PG-rated era in attracting kids will be here for a while where sizable portions will be around that age demographic, they need something to accomodate them. Hornswoggle is one logical fit at the moment & will not be brought of TV anytime soon with the target audience this low. Maybe if it were around the 10 year mark, I would take a new attitude.

The current thinking & processes the WWE has implemented is that the children will move on to brighter pastures as a wrestling fan as they get older by climbing the ladder to other stars such as John Cena or maybe Randy Orton. However, the WWE has achieved its purpose by using Horny as the initial star to get kids interested.

No, it was because they had no where to go after their novelty ran out. People would have taken a one-legged wrestler and a mental ****** about as seriously as contenders in the WWE as they would a leprechaun. Oh, wait...

What is the difference between a mentally-disabled with a one-legged wrestler & a leprechaun? The leprechaun is still with the WWE. One can safely presume that a factor that contributed this was indeed the PG-ratings era. Need another one? The leprechaun is actually doing something beneficial for the business other than attracting sympathy.

Wow, I feel violated.

Wait, no I don't.

Boogeyman = Pure Gimmick = Fired.

Did you write that down?

I feel violated by the atrocious mathematical skills you possess, if you can even call it knowledge. Let the teacher correct the student by re-writing that equation for you.

Boogeyman's Pure Gimmick = Failure*

*Can be substituted with Fired if the situation neccessitates it.

Did you understand what I did? Boogeyman's character had nowhere else to venture to other than being a complete failure. There were too many conditions to fulfill & had to be eliminated from the whole process.

Now you're calling him ELITE? Pardon me, but ARE YOU HIGH? He's done some entertaining (and some annoying) vignettes with other wrestlers and got over for a short time, absolutely. But I repeat - when the gimmick runs its course with the fans, as it is sure to do (and is already doing), all that is left is a midget wrestler with no serious contendership in a world class professional wrestling organization and no other midgets to wrestle.

Hornswoggle is not being used as a full-time wrestler. He is a comedic character that does everything for a particular purpose that seems to satisfy everything the WWE needs right now. He has done better than other gimmicked wrestlers like Boogeyman & Eugene who will be kept until he is no longer useful. If he is still on WWE television, then he must be doing something right.

Dear God no he's not. That's like saying Rey Mysterio's son Dominic was part of the youth movement. He's not a developmental talent like John Morrison, CM Punk, Randy Orton, Ted DiBiase, or Cody Rhodes.

Firstly, Dominic was there for storyline purposes to enhance the feud between Eddie Guerrero & Rey Mysterio. He does not count as he is not employed. Secondly, all those talents you have mentioned are not developmental talents as they are on the main WWE roster, not FCW. You mean they are talents who are developing into superstars.

He's young, but to claim he's an appreciable part of the youth movement is erroneous. Hornswoggle's clock is counting down as more talented young contenders move in. The short attention span of ALL wrestling fans, including the much shorter attention spans of very youthful fans, will eventually doom a one-dimensional gimmick like the leprechaun.

From what you described, the Youth Movement are young people entering the WWE as performers on the roster. Horny fits this description, unless you did not explain yourself clearly enough on the Youth Movement.

Can I repeat this here, Hornswoggle IS NOT hired to be a professional wrestler with the WWE. He is hired to be a comedic relief & provide entertainment. If it requires him to wrestle, he has the credentials to do so considering his indy circuit. Right now, he is doing a great job & will continue to be featured in his role no matter how many young bucks enter the scene. As long as he does what the company asks of him, then he is not going anywhere.

The WWE have failed to create an new stars to rise the rankings to take over the roles of Undertaker, Shawn Michaels & Triple H for when they eventually retire.

Fortunately they have young stars like Hornswoggle to take their place.

Folks, there are a few glaring weaknesses in my opponent's stance, which I would like to address now.

#1 - The Longevity of the Comedy Character

Hornswoggle isn't the first novelty character in WWE history. He's not the first guy to be there for comedic value or relief. Sure, over the past 2-3 years, he's been effective in SOME spots, such as being thrust into the McMahon's son angle, which of course went nowhere.

But the life span of a comedic character isn't very high in the WWE because the schtick wears off, and if the character is as one-dimensional as Hornswoggle is, they have nowhere else to go. I've provided several examples of this, such as Eugene and Boogeyman. Do I need to go any further?

Well, I will. Ever hear of Claude Giroux? If not, let me provide you a picture of him.

doinktheclown-300x231.jpg

Yes, folks, Claude Giroux was Dink the Clown. Dink was the sidekick of Doink, much the way Hornswoggle was the sidekick to Finlay. Like Hornswoggle, Dink connected with young fans and was very much over.

Dink was given to Doink as a gift on November 27th, 1993. Essentially around Survivor Series of that year, but as a Christmas gift. Doink and Dink became the fun babyface team, with Dink often getting onto the ring apron to squirt his flower in the eyes of Doink's opponents, and afterwards trying to pants the referee. It was hilarious.

It didn't last 2 years.

Dink was taken out of WWF programming by early 1995 despite an entertaining run at the 1994 Survivor Series and a well done Wrestlemania 10 feud in a mixed tag team match against Bam Bam Bigelow and Luna Vachon.

So Dink was over with fans, a PG character, same size, same ability - and he certainly didn't last 6 years as you are projecting Hornswoggle will.

Seriously, Falkon, think about it. You're saying that Hornswoggle is enough of an important character to have a 5-6 year run. Many full-sized characters don't have a 5-6 year run.

If you require additional examples to back up my point, I'll be happy to provide them, but I think I've given enough.

#2 - The Concept of "The Hornswoggle Rub"

In a brazen attempt to prove value in the lil' fellah, Falkon then attempts to claim that the rub a program with Hornswoggle provides gives him long term value. let's recap, shall we?

What has Chavo done recently other than his short ECW title reign or his short stint in La Familia? Nothing. What type of reactions that he received before Horny? Not the amount he is getting recently.

With La Famiglia, Chavo was a part of the biggest heel faction Smackdown had seen in a long time. He was a weekly player in a major angle. On Raw with Hornswoggle, he's been relegated to a comedic jobber being punished for his sister-in-laws departure from the company, having his wrestling talent wasted losing gimmick matches to a midget.

What has Evan Bourne done since moving to RAW? Being Swagger's opponent in a game of Squash.

What does this have to do with Hornswoggle? The idea that the "rub" that Hornswoggle's involvement gave to Evan enabled him to win one single match against Chavo? In fact, I'd argue that Hornswoggle's presence HARMS Evan, because that means less time Evan gets to wrestle because of the silly comedic leprechaun angle.

What happened when Mark Henry or other heels like Chavo picked on & bullied Horny? Instant heel reactions that got them noticed.

Ah yes, heel heat so effective that Mark Henry is now one-half of the most over babyface tag team on Raw. Way to go, heel heat!

What happens in the end of all these heel situations? Hornswoggle comes out the victor of the situation by fighting back & proving everyone wrong.

Sorry, I missed that. I don't do LSD when I watch Raw.

It is showing the kids that no matter is thrown at you, all you need to have is the courage & the determination to not stand down & you can achieve anything.

Is shows kids that, to get where you need to be in life, you need a big friend to take care of your problems for you.

Hence the reason why he is involved with Hornswoggle & Chavo to cease the feud between the two & find a way to get reactions with the crowd. Thankyou for proving my point.

How the hell does this prove your point? The "Hornswoggle Rub" got Evan no where, and as you pointed out yourself, he ended up jobbing to Jack Swagger just last week!

Have you seen his entire career? He has always gotten cheered by the crowd despite what fan alignment he has been. He has always been over with the crowd & even during the feud between Chavo/Hornswoggle was still receiving decent-sized cheers that seem to overpower some of the other faces like Primo on the RAW roster.

WOW, he out-popped Primo Colon? Well I don't know what to say. I don't think I can come back from this one...

Wait, yes I can. I CAN OUT-POP PRIMO COLON!!!

#3 - The Idea of Hornswoggle the Wrestler

How many other midget wrestlers have won singles titles in divisions other than the crusierweight/light heavyweight divisions? To my knowledge, Hornswoggle is the only one. Coming from this conclusion, I can say that Horny has something to contribute in the professional wrestling business if he is able to muster up a push from any promotion. Oh, did you notice how we are talking about professional wrestling, not amateur?

So wait a second. You're saying that Hornswoggle's victory in NWA Wisconsin to win a secondary or tertiary championship translates to him being a contender for a tag, US, or IC Title in the WWE??? And even is professional wrestling is not amateur wrestling, do you think that the willing suspension of disbelief in the fans would truly allow for a man who is less than 5 feet tall and weighing less than 100 lbs to win a major mid-card championship?

Furthermore, WWE now has Morrison, DiBiase, Rhodes, MVP, Swagger, Miz, Kofi, Danielson, McGuinness, Christian, Seamus, Washington, Kozlov, Henry, etc. in that mid-card and future main event picture. Do you really think that those names will get swept aside so Hornswoggle can become a title contender?

Falkon, you need to accept the fact that Hornswoggle is a one-dimensional comedic character with no future beyond that. It's nothing he's done wrong, but he's not the type of character who lasts long term in the WWE, especially given the attention span of the modern wrestling audience.

Fortunately they have young stars like Hornswoggle to take their place.

I love these small sarcastic remarks that prove nothing towards your argument. You might want to give some more details instead of these comedic lines to back-up some of your already flawed statements.

After thoroughly reading the attempt made by my opponent to render my argument useless, I can easily disprove the theories presented.

Hornswoggle isn't the first novelty character in WWE history. He's not the first guy to be there for comedic value or relief. Sure, over the past 2-3 years, he's been effective in SOME spots, such as being thrust into the McMahon's son angle, which of course went nowhere.

A) Everytime he has been used in these storylines, Hornswoggle performed what was asked of him as a comedic character & entertained audiences.

B) The reasons as to why this storyline of being "Vince McMahon's son" went nowwhere were due to outside factors that was not originally set for Horny. As to many, Mr. Kennedy was supposed to be the man for the position. However, due to violating the Wellness Policy, they chose someone who could easily satisfy what the storyline needed concerning comedy & be reliable. That was Hornswoggle.

But the life span of a comedic character isn't very high in the WWE because the schtick wears off, and if the character is as one-dimensional as Hornswoggle is, they have nowhere else to go. I've provided several examples of this, such as Eugene and Boogeyman. Do I need to go any further?

I have already shown why both Eugene & Boogeyman didn't work yet you still pushing them through your arguments as examples. You need to go further in trying to dismember mine. Let's see what you give me to work with, shall we?

Well, I will. Ever hear of Claude Giroux? Yes, folks, Dink the Clown

I must applaud my opponent for scrapping up something relatively close to what Hornswoggle presents. It is a shame that I can also disprove this character as well.

1) Different Time

Around this period of time, the world of professional wrestling was filled with many novelty gimmicks. Some were used to provide entertainment whilst others used these gimmicks in order to establish a connection with the crowd & nestle themselves into the audiences' minds. As with many of these novelty gimmicks, they reach their dead ends & have no idea where to venture with their character. This is what happened with Dink. A midget wrestler that dried up all of the options the gimmick had.

Hornswoggle however, is a novelty gimmick being acted during a time where hardly any of these gimmicks are present. In fact, Horny's gimmick is the only one presented in a full-fledged nature. The Undertaker has become more mortal than supernatural & The Hurricane uses a second personality Gregory Helms to keep the superhero gimmick fresh. Every other WWE wrestler has characters that aren't considered "novelty" by any stretch. So, the scene of novelty gimmicks is very low that allows Horny a longer duration with his gimmick as the competition does not force him to quickly explore new areas & dry out his options.

2) Type Of Novelty Gimmick

Dink was a clown that looked exactly like Doink just in a smaller version. There was no difference in telling the two apart in terms of gimmick & both performed comedic relief. When the two were featured, it instantly meant that the whole segment would be nothing but comedy.

With Hornswoggle, he had been with serious characters throughout most of his career. He fought alongside Finlay for the most part who was a tough, serious Irish brawler. Horny was an Irish leprechaun. The two had major differences in characters where one performed the wrestling whilst the other provided comedic relief. The fans were not forced by taking in constant comedy.

3) Exploration of Gimmick

Dink was basically pitted with Doink the clown the entire time, having no other gateway to find new areas with his character as Dink. This would easily make him become stale & repetitive with the audience, where the WWF had no choice but to get rid of the character.

Hornswoggle emerged with Finlay quite slowly. He made random appearances during matches for the first few weeks where would suprise everyone. He was later given a tag name by Michael Cole & was apart of a heel team with Finlay. After Horny's popularity exploded, they turned the team face & gave Horny some wrestling time for comedic relief. They got sent to ECW to keep the team going under a different brand. Now, he is on RAW separated from his "father" who is doing well in flying solo. Horny has been given the chance to go in areas Dink didn't get, which leads to keeping Horny fresh with the fans.

Seriously IC, give me a gimmick that I can't provide points to disprove you. I am begging for something challenging. You will need more additional points to back up your argument.

With La Famiglia, Chavo was a part of the biggest heel faction Smackdown had seen in a long time. He was a weekly player in a major angle. On Raw with Hornswoggle, he's been relegated to a comedic jobber being punished for his sister-in-laws departure from the company, having his wrestling talent wasted losing gimmick matches to a midget.

A) I already mentioned Chavo being apart of the heel faction. If it wasn't for the help of being related to Vickie Guerrero & his friendship with Edge, where would he be on that roster at the time? I can give you an answer, he would be still in the midcard or being a jobber.

b) Unfortunately for Chavo, he does not have the skills to be pushed anywhere past the midcard by himself. He needs someone else that has crowd pull, a big enough name or someone who is deemed relevant. He had Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio, Edge & now Hornswoggle to make him become relevant. The only times he has been relevant by himself were from the cruiserweight division, but he always competed with others & wasn't that exciting, and the ECW roster, where it is not hard to noticed with the amount of midcard talent.

Right now, Horny is doing a good job at giving Chavo television time & getting him noticed again with the crowd.

What does this have to do with Hornswoggle? The idea that the "rub" that Hornswoggle's involvement gave to Evan enabled him to win one single match against Chavo? In fact, I'd argue that Hornswoggle's presence HARMS Evan, because that means less time Evan gets to wrestle because of the silly comedic leprechaun angle.

The rub in which I speak of is concerning crowd connections, not making other wrestlers win matches. So, with Evan's association with Hornswoggle, he was able to make some connection with the audience other than being known for his Shooting Star Press & high-flying moves, as you stated before in a previous argument. It makes it very simple when you're arguments are in support of mine, so word what you say correctly.

Ah yes, heel heat so effective that Mark Henry is now one-half of the most over babyface tag team on Raw. Way to go, heel heat!

When in doubt, go with sarcasm. Great, where is your argument though? Or are you just going to leave me with this to take it apart like I have done with every other short insignificant remark?

If you ever watched ECW or have some memory, there was a time when Mark Henry was indeed a heel character where he did face against Hornswoggle. At the time, he earned massive heel heat & was one of the most hated people on ECW. When he turned face on RAW, who did he use to help him solidify himself to become what you stated? Hornswoggle was one of the people that aided him in becoming a face.

Sorry, I missed that. I don't do LSD when I watch Raw.

Why do I bother with you IC sometimes? There is nothing relevant to the discussion here. Please, keep on track here. If you are having trouble, I can go a little easier on you so we can have an interesting debate other than the random "insert sarcastic remark here" option.

Is shows kids that, to get where you need to be in life, you need a big friend to take care of your problems for you.

Did you ever watch the Chavo Guerrero and Hornswoggle matches? Who won the multiple singles matches these men had? Hornswoggle did. He didn't need anyone to take care of his problems. Don't retaliate here by saying "those matches were gimmicked & rigged to force Chavo to lose" because that is untrue. As the smart person Chavo is in the ring considering he is a veteran at professional wrestling & he did lie, cheat & steal victories in the past, he could have easily taken out Hornswoggle. However, who came out on top whilst still providing the comedic entertainment that he has been hired for?

By the way, the word is "it," not is, at the start of the sentence.

How the hell does this prove your point? The "Hornswoggle Rub" got Evan no where, and as you pointed out yourself, he ended up jobbing to Jack Swagger just last week!

Have you noticed his reactions on RAW recently? His cheers and support are becoming slightly higher because of Hornswoggle. The crowd is actually behing Evan on RAW now when he is trying to gain a comeback on the opponent instead of cheering everytime he does something spectacular.

WOW, he out-popped Primo Colon? Well I don't know what to say. I don't think I can come back from this one...

Wait, yes I can. I CAN OUT-POP PRIMO COLON!!!

No, you can't comeback with that comment as you just provided another sarcastic remark. Grow up IC & find something decent to throw at me. This is a sactioned & ranked debate, you might want to find useful to use in your argument somewhere as I just don't see anything in this jumble of words.

By the way, Primo Colon has more name sake in the WWE audience than IC25. So, you would not out-pop Primo Colon.

So wait a second. You're saying that Hornswoggle's victory in NWA Wisconsin to win a secondary or tertiary championship translates to him being a contender for a tag, US, or IC Title in the WWE??? And even is professional wrestling is not amateur wrestling, do you think that the willing suspension of disbelief in the fans would truly allow for a man who is less than 5 feet tall and weighing less than 100 lbs to win a major mid-card championship?

Not at all. I am saying that since he has won a championship somewhere in the independent circuits he must be proven to be reliable in the ring against larger competitors that can enable him to enter the ring as a wrestler if need be. This is something that attracted the WWE to Hornswoggle as they could not only use him for comedic entertainment in promos, vignettes or backstage segments, but he can become an active participant in the match & perform wrestling moves for comedic entertainment as well. Nothing to do with winning championships in the WWE.

Furthermore, WWE now has Morrison, DiBiase, Rhodes, MVP, Swagger, Miz, Kofi, Danielson, McGuinness, Christian, Seamus, Washington, Kozlov, Henry, etc. in that mid-card and future main event picture. Do you really think that those names will get swept aside so Hornswoggle can become a title contender?

What is the difference between all these stated and Hornswoggle? These men are all professional wrestlers that have been hired to be professional wrestlers. Hornswoggle has been hired to assume the role of a novelty gimmick to provide comedic relief & attract the kids to something that represents them. Hornswoggle won't become a title contender anytime soon as that is not his role.

IC, you have to accept the fact that currently Hornswoggle is submersed in the moment known as "the right place at the right time." He has been given chances to explore his character in different areas, has no other competition to fight with in terms of other novelty characters to stay fresh & is doing his job correctly in being one of the initial attractions for young kids to gain a connection into the wrestling world. Once they grow older, they will move onto different superstars. As long as the WWE is targetting a young audience around the age of 6, then Hornswoggle won't be going anywhere.

I love these small sarcastic remarks that prove nothing towards your argument. You might want to give some more details instead of these comedic lines to back-up some of your already flawed statements.

I've provided more fact-based information discussing the lack of longevity of similar characters to Hornswoggle than you have with your constant barrage of "but it's PG programming!" Get used to the sarcastic comments. They make the debate more fun to read, and clearly they rile you up.

Everytime he has been used in these storylines, Hornswoggle performed what was asked of him as a comedic character & entertained audiences.

WWE history proves that you don't get long term job security for simply "doing what you're asked."

The reasons as to why this storyline of being "Vince McMahon's son" went nowwhere were due to outside factors that was not originally set for Horny. As to many, Mr. Kennedy was supposed to be the man for the position. However, due to violating the Wellness Policy, they chose someone who could easily satisfy what the storyline needed concerning comedy & be reliable. That was Hornswoggle.

Yep, and as a result, the most build up storyline of the year was a total bust. Not only because of Kennedy, but because Hornswoggle isn't compelling enough to be in such a major angle. Not a knock on the lil guy, he stepped up, but it proves that he doesn't maintain fan interest enough to take on a larger role, hence the "nowhere to go from here" argument.

I have already shown why both Eugene & Boogeyman didn't work yet you still pushing them through your arguments as examples. You need to go further in trying to dismember mine.

No, you didn't. You presented an opinion, but in no way shape or form did you discredit by argument about Boogeyman and Eugene. I think those comparisons were fair and hold water, and I am confident the judges will see it that way too.

I must applaud my opponent for scrapping up something relatively close to what Hornswoggle presents. It is a shame that I can also disprove this character as well.

I loved Doink & Dink. LOVED it.

As with many of these novelty gimmicks, they reach their dead ends & have no idea where to venture with their character. This is what happened with Dink. A midget wrestler that dried up all of the options the gimmick had.

Replace "Dink" with "Hornswoggle," put this statement into the time machine and you have a thread we'll see 2 years from now.

In fact, Horny's gimmick is the only one presented in a full-fledged nature.

Yes, and it makes him so ridiculous that it's laughable to think he'll be connected to the crowd for 3 more years. The Undertaker is the exception, not the rule.

The fans were not forced by taking in constant comedy.

Really? Because I looked at Finlay as a tough, former Hardcore Champion who traveled with a leprechaun, and that diminished his tough guy angle.

Hornswoggle emerged with Finlay quite slowly. He made random appearances during matches for the first few weeks where would suprise everyone. He was later given a tag name by Michael Cole & was apart of a heel team with Finlay. After Horny's popularity exploded, they turned the team face & gave Horny some wrestling time for comedic relief. They got sent to ECW to keep the team going under a different brand. Now, he is on RAW separated from his "father" who is doing well in flying solo. Horny has been given the chance to go in areas Dink didn't get, which leads to keeping Horny fresh with the fans.

Not fresh enough to last 2-3 years, it's just that simple.

Seriously IC, give me a gimmick that I can't provide points to disprove you. I am begging for something challenging. You will need more additional points to back up your argument.

You've been treading water this entire debate, don't try to distract people from your lack of substance by asking me for "a challenge."

I already mentioned Chavo being apart of the heel faction.

Yes, and responded to it. See how this works?

He had Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio, Edge & now Hornswoggle to make him become relevant.

You just compared Hornswoggle to Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio, and Edge. You really just did that. WOW.

AND you've claimed that the worthless feud on Raw between Guerrero and Hornswoggle has somehow made Chavo "relevant."

And you say YOU need a challenge?

So, with Evan's association with Hornswoggle, he was able to make some connection with the audience other than being known for his Shooting Star Press & high-flying moves, as you stated before in a previous argument. It makes it very simple when you're arguments are in support of mine, so word what you say correctly.

Now you're just delusional. I refer, once again, to the slaughter of Evan Bourne at the hands of Jack Swagger last Monday. Evan's "crowd connection" with Hornswoggle did nothing at all. Nothing.

When in doubt, go with sarcasm. Great, where is your argument though? Or are you just going to leave me with this to take it apart like I have done with every other short insignificant remark?

I wasn't in doubt. And my argument was clear as crystal. Mark Henry's perceived "heel heat" with Hornswoggle lasted maybe a week, and was so ineffective and unremarkable than he is now a babyface tag team contender. Once again, whining about my "sarcasm" is just your use of smoke and mirrors to try to escape the fact that I have a very valid point - heel heat for working with Hornswoggle is cheat, momentary, and useless. ONE man has gotten decent heel heat from a program with Hornswoggle, and that was JBL. They've tried recreating that on several occassions now, and failed miserably. You think this is going to go on for another 2-3 years???

When he turned face on RAW, who did he use to help him solidify himself to become what you stated? Hornswoggle was one of the people that aided him in becoming a face.

I seem to remember Randy Orton being the one who solidified Hanry's face turn...

Why do I bother with you IC sometimes? There is nothing relevant to the discussion here. Please, keep on track here. If you are having trouble, I can go a little easier on you so we can have an interesting debate other than the random "insert sarcastic remark here" option.

pot_calls_kettle_black.bmp

Did you ever watch the Chavo Guerrero and Hornswoggle matches? Who won the multiple singles matches these men had? Hornswoggle did. He didn't need anyone to take care of his problems.

Those matches were gimmicked & rigged to force Chavo to lose.

Don't retaliate here by saying "those matches were gimmicked & rigged to force Chavo to lose"

Dammit!

By the way, the word is "it," not is, at the start of the sentence.

Now this is just pathetic. You're seriously trying to discredit me by pointing out a typo in a long post? Are you that desparate and insecure? If you want, I can proofread your posts and point out your spelling and grammatical mistakes and expose you as the child you are. This is sad and makes you look ridiculous, and with your obvious posting ability, I expected more from you.

Grow up IC & find something decent to throw at me.

Again. I love when kids try telling 28 year olds to grow up. This is roughly the point in the debate where you abandon all hopes of arguing successfully against me and resort to childish attacks. At least each of my sarcastic remarks makes a point, as opposed to garbage like:

This is a sactioned & ranked debate, you might want to find useful to use in your argument somewhere as I just don't see anything in this jumble of words.

Brilliant.

By the way, Primo Colon has more name sake in the WWE audience than IC25. So, you would not out-pop Primo Colon.

Yes, clearly, but again I was utilizing sarcasm to prove my point, which is simply the fact that out-popping Primo Colon isn't exactly worth an accolade.

What is the difference between all these stated and Hornswoggle?

The fact that they are legitimate contenders to a Heavyweight Wrestling Championship. Observe the belt...

Big-gold-belt-WWE.jpg

Heavyweight. As opposed to Light Heavyweight. Are you actually saying that Hornswoggle is just the same as all of the names I listed? And that Hornswoggle should be considered a serious contender to win one-on-one matches without gimmicks, interference, and comedy?

Other differences? Fans take the other guys seriously. The other guys work the mic. The other guys are wrestlers and entertainers, not side shows.

Also, let's look at what you said 2 posts ago:

Can I repeat this here, Hornswoggle IS NOT hired to be a professional wrestler with the WWE. He is hired to be a comedic relief & provide entertainment.

There's a pretty major difference, coming from you.

IC, you have to accept the fact that currently Hornswoggle is submersed in the moment known as "the right place at the right time."

I totally accept that. Completely. My argument is that 2-3 years from now, that "right place, right time" will be long gone, and that the Hornswoggle character isn't deep enough to hold on after that.

Given the way this debate has gone, I am not going to respond to my opponent further, because clearly it's the intent of my opponent to turn this debate into a slap fight in lieu of any argument based on fact. Rather, I will offer my closing argument if time allows regardless of my opponents reaction.

Clarity: Joey does not share points! Well, neither does TM. Most people think I am like Chandler though, but meh. I am giving Falkon this point, because he was pretty, and clean, and thats they type of girl I want to take home.

Punctuality: Falkon missed out on the last post. IC gets this.

Emotion: MAybe TM is on the rag or something, but not giving Gelgarin or IC the emotion points is something to behold. I really did not like the attitude IC brought forth here. FalKon stayed calm and collect throughout. He deserves this point.

Information: IC, I thought you were losing it here. How can one rookie poster like this, with little positive hype come in to the arena, and pin the world champion? Was FalKon a former Olympic debater I thought to myself. It can not be, like John Cena showing his stuff against Kurt Angle his first time out, FalKon looked for the win, but no. That was the end of that. IC through down the reason he gets this point

Persuasion: and this one. IC's Dink.IC showed his old school knowldge, and I had being pretty equal and even leaning towards FalKon here. but Doink brough IC over

TM rates this 3 points IC25 2 points FK.

Clarity: This is a difficult choice. Both had great layouts, and both flowed well.

Point: Split

Punctuality: FalKon missed his last post, IC was always on time.

Point: IC25

Informative: IC brought a lot of information, and brought up old gimmicks that got the axe. FalKon did his best to discredit it, but didn't work out well.

Emotionality: I loved IC's attitude in this debate. He had me in stitches in his last post when he posted about the gimmicks forcing Chavo to lose, then below said "Dammit". I nearly pissed myself for whatever reason. FalKon brought great attitude, but IC had me laughing my ass off with his.

Persuasion: I love how hard FalKon was fighting. He brought up some good reasons, PG Era, among others, but IC just took it to him and then some. I was originally going to say Hornswoggle would still be with the company in the next 2-3 years, kid friendly and all that jazz, but IC persuaded me against it.

CH David scores this IC25 4.5, FalKon .5.

Clarity: You know what, I am giving this one to Falkon

Point: Falkon

Punctuality: IC25

Informative: IC25 works too fucking hard, makes it hard for me because all of his posts are so fucking long

Emotionality: IC's attitude nearly always wins me over in debates, today is no exception

Persuasion: Sorry Falkon, but IC just had the better overall argument here

Miko scores this one

Falkon - 1
IC25 - 4

Clarity Of Debate - I am going to split the point here. FalKon, I absolutely love your layout, but you could have been a little more concise in your opening argument.

Punctuality - See TM's post.

Point: IrishCanadian25

Informative - IrishCanadian25 never loses this point. But, FalKon brought his A-game, and he will split the point here with IrishCanadian25 for his efforts.

Emotionality - FalKon, it seemed as if you had something to prove with this debate. You may be annoying in the Bar Room, but you showed me here that you are an excellent poster. Good job.

Point: FalKon

Persuasion - Ultimately, IrishCanadian25 won me over with what he had to say. He seems to bring the best out of everybody, though. FalKon, it would have been great if you would have joined up at the beginning of the League. It is unfortunate that I only get a glimpse of what you're capable of.

Point: IrishCanadian25

tdigle's Score

IrishCanadian25 - 3
FalKon - 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo