• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

We got one question answered, so on to the next one with Nexus.

BuckshotBrian13

American Dragon mofos
As you may know, Wade Barrett announced of a higher power coming to nexus back when the group was founded and we got our answer seeing it's CM Punk of all people. Now I have one question as I am sure many of you are also wondering, Why did Nexus bury the Undertaker at Bragging Rights and gave Kane the win? Otunga did say live the next night that he knew the real reason why but it seems it never came out. So where do we go from here with CM Punk, Wade Barrett, John Cena, The Undertaker and the rest of Nexus? I don't see where all of this is going to go down honestly. So I guess let's take a seat and start the road to wrestlemania.

I think this will mark the return of Triple H and have CM Punk and HHH being the two masterminds behind nexus. I personally think that nexus will hold every championship soon and that will be the bigger picture that Barrett had mentioned a while back now.

Simple.
To the Nexus, Taker is the living embodiment of the WWE. Remember, when they debuted as a group, they beat the shit out of everyone in sight, ring announcers included and then they initiated a feud with the face of the company. So understanding their agenda, it makes sence to target Taker just like it makes sense to target Cena. You help Kane bury the icon of the WWE alive and then you spend months beating down face of the WWE. (well actually Cena spent most of the time beating THEM down. ) What better way to 'take over' than to get rid of the two guys who they knew would never be 'with' the Nexus?

@8kct3 If Triple H returns to help lead Nexus, then where does it leave everyone else if they go after all the titles. It'll be one big clusterfuck with everyone involved. HHH has unfinished business with Shameus, Barrett hasn't been on tv, and the Undertaker is gone with the injury and Nexus buried him back in October.

@tiredofthepeople That makes sense, but you can't just have Taker get buried and don't go looking for revenge when he gets back. Punk is looking like he's going to be the leader and where does that leave Barrett and Taker seeing that it was Barrett's plan to bury Taker and not Punk's.

I think this will mark the return of Triple H and have CM Punk and HHH being the two masterminds behind nexus. I personally think that nexus will hold every championship soon and that will be the bigger picture that Barrett had mentioned a while back now.

It'd be absolutely stupid to put Triple H in to the mix, as it adds absolutely nothing to Nexus, the wrestlers in it, or any storyline. Also- putting every belt on Nexus would be stupid, too. We saw it done with nWo to some extent back in WCW and it didn't work too well.

The last thing I want to see while watching a 2 hour show is to hear about Nexus every single minute by stupid Michael Cole, because they're dominant in every single storyline.

Hey everyone, this is my first ever Reply on here!!

Now on to the topic.

I do not think that CM Punk will end up being the higher power. Last night on Raw he said he was doing this because of Cena's brutality. He basically made it sound like he joined recently. Otunga also said "NEW MANAGEMENT", which infers Punk was not the higher power of The Nexus. I am very anxious to see where this leads.

I feel the main question is "Where does Wade fit in to this?". The reason I say that is because he wasn't on TV last night which could mean he is selling his injuries or they are just removing him. Remember he allowed Otunga to be sacrificed to Cena. Is that all just going to be swept under the carpet as it were?

I personally feel that it will be Punk and Cena at WM now with the rest of Nexus as lumberjacks. It will most likely go down the road of the same thing but instead of Wade it's Punk that Cena is having matches with.

As soon as Wade appears again I feel then we will have a clearer view of where this storyline will end up. I just hope they don't screw it up and I hope they don't have Nexus in the title picture or the likes of Orton, Sheamus are going to have little to do until after WM.

Edit: On the subject of Triple H I do think that he will be involved with Nexus because I think if they have someone established like him at the head then they can do exactly what they did with Evolution and that is Triple H gets to turn heel and it could form two or three future stars like with Orton and Batista.

As you may know, Wade Barrett announced of a higher power coming to nexus back when the group was founded and we got our answer seeing it's CM Punk of all people. Now I have one question as I am sure many of you are also wondering, Why did Nexus bury the Undertaker at Bragging Rights and gave Kane the win? Otunga did say live the next night that he knew the real reason why but it seems it never came out. So where do we go from here with CM Punk, Wade Barrett, John Cena, The Undertaker and the rest of Nexus? I don't see where all of this is going to go down honestly. So I guess let's take a seat and start the road to wrestlemania.

Can't say I follow you Buckshot. When CM Punk came out last night it was inferred that he has replaced Barrett as the leader of Nexus, not showing his involvement all along. You said that CM Punk was the "higher power" all along, and I think you're off base with that.

However, the question of why Nexus took out Undertaker. I don't think it's because he "embodies the WWE," though this is certainly a good guess. I think it has to do more with the fact that he is the most dominant superstar in the WWE, as evidenced by the streak. By taking him out, they made way for a new group of dominance, Nexus.

I posted a similar hypothesis in this thread... (http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=146395) and I will repeat it again. It deals with what Cena, CM Punk Barrett, and Nexus are going to do from here on out.

Cena and Punk feud to Royal Rumble where they have a grudge match. Nexus attempts to interfere but Cena wins. Monday night Cena leads a team of superstars wronged by Nexus to fight Punk and Nexus in a 12 man tag match, and the faces win. This ends the Cena vs. Nexus feud.

Barrett wins the Royal Rumble and challenges Edge for the WHC.

Cena participates in the Elimination Chamber along with Punk, neither win, Miz retains.

After Elimination Chamber, Cena wins a number one contenders match and challenges Miz at Wrestlemania.

Undertaker returns only to be attacked by CM Punk and Nexus, setting up CM Punk vs. Undertaker at Wrestlemania.

I think this would be the best scenario for all parties involved. Cena feuds with Punk, and while they stop feuding, it doesn't leave out the possibility for it to continue in the future. It also allows Cena to be in the main event title match of Wrestlemania, which is exactly where he belongs.

Wade Barrett continues to look strong by winning the Rumble, and it gives Edge a top level heel to feud with over the belt, as there are really no top level heels on Smackdown besides Alberto Del Rio and Kane.

CM Punk gets to feud with Cena and then The Undertaker, the two biggest names in the WWE.

Nexus gets to continue doing what they're doing, but with more purpose than before. Each week their motives will become a little clearer which will be very engaging to the audience.

There are still some questions that need to be answered, but I think what I said would be a good answer to what the future holds for all parties involved in the feuds surrounding Nexus.

I actually agree with 8kcht3

Ever since the "dream segment" with Steph & HHH, I've thought the 2 of them as a combo were the RAW GM and the "higher power/purpose" of Nexus. Trying to take over WWE from Vince(higher purpose). Potentially ridding the WWE of Undertaker & Cena could possibly do that. They are Vinces 2 biggest stars, right?

Punk was possibly the leader of Nexus from the start & got all the NXT1 kids together, as the show was happening. Or maybe he was just hired to be the new leader after Barrett "couldnt get the job done- eliminating Cena". That- im not too sure about. Punk will explain his involvement on RAW next Monday- Im sure.

Hate the idea all you want- but until I see theres ZERO chance of this being the case: Thats my story & Im stickin to it!! If im wrong- who gives a shit! This is a forum for discussion/predictions

First of all NEXUS never said there was a higher power not in any promos ever. Go back and watch every episode it was never said. The higher purpose is all that has ever been alluded to. I really do not think creative has ever had any plans set to what the higher purpose is.. That is why that took out taker, invaded smack down, and now have CM Punk in the mix. They can go in many different directions with this. I personally believe a couple of things will happen as the doors are wide open.
1. We could see Cena vs Punk at wrestle mania
2. We could see Barrett vs Taker
3. We could see Cena vs Taker.
4. Barrett vs Punk
5. I also believe that maybe Taker and Cena could team up and take on all of nexus at mania by themselves, what better way to have a star studded match between all of these guys and keep taker from having to do alot since he is so worn down.
6. I could see Punk getting a huge following and recruiting Sheamus and maybe Jericho and have HHH comeback and help destroy the "Younger" guys along with Sheamus. I see the stable getting huge much like the NWO, and jericho could return and we could have a group of veterans against a group of "Young stars". I mean imagine the miz and everyone with Nexus and even Cole a The king going at it on the announce table.

7. This is a long shot but we could have Sting come in and take on Taker and say he talked to Nexus and told them to do this for him while he was still under contract with Tna.

8. or we could have Lesnar come in and take taker on as a part of nexus.

Either way I think this is going to get big and involve everyone from Santino to Vince and Steph maybe even a returning Shane trying to take Control of the company from His dad and maybe even have Vince retire and let Steph become CEO.

LOL. I know I rambled on but I believe the doors are wide open for anything to happen.

kris8542, I believe you are looking WAY too deep into this.

It is one stable, I don't see many (if any at all) more people joining Nexus. HHH is not in control of Nexus. He will be feuding with Sheamus, Miz with Morrison, Jericho is gone for a while. Shane isn't coming back as an on-screen roll.

What I see happening is having Cena recruit Sheffield, Young and possibly Tarver (depending how they go with it) and facing the other members of Nexus. In fact Percy Watson and a few other NXT 2 guys may get involved.

I just hope they don't get everyone in the company involved because if they do, it will be one giant mess!

First of all NEXUS never said there was a higher power not in any promos ever.

Kris8524, Nexus never did, but Mr McMahon did. Initially, on the night Nexus attacked McMahon, Vince had revealed HIMSELF as A higher power tied to Nexus, but not THE higher power. I believe Vince said words to the effect of "I can't take all the credit" and he alluded to a second power that he was in league with.

I hope that Cena does not prevail with this fued..now that CM Punk is leader..Nexus will be stronger than ever!

Nexus won't last forever, and what better for WWE then to have thier biggest superstar once again beat all odds beat down Nexus and probably mess with CM Punk's career.

Lol... I know what everyone is saying, i am just saying that they could go anyway they want with nexus. They are not sure what 2 do with them yet. It is an open storyline for the writers. They could tie so much into this to make them relevant if they do not then it is a comlete flop, there is no way anyone is going to accept another version just destrying Cena there is no chance. There has to be something else that goes on or it will just be another thing for Punk, and we have to hope they do not do that because he doesnt need it.

And nerd 4 life... get a life man and open your eyes

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back