WCW Match 6: Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch vs. Public Enemy

Cade and Murdoch vs. Public Enemy

• Cade and Murdoch

• Public Enemy

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
All of these matches take place in a WCW Style ring with WCW Rules.

Cade and Murdoch are from 2005-2008

Public Enemy are Rocco Rock and Johnny Grunge from any mid 90's incarnation.

This is a great example of the location playing to one team's favor over the others. Cade and Murdoch are tailor made for WCW. The Southern boy gimmick, the slower style, the look, the whole essence of their characters was what WCW unspokenly catered towards. Public Enemy bombed huge in WCW. I will never forget their week or two long reign as tag champions and Harlem Heat beating them to lead up to the tag title match with the Outsiders and Tony saying thank goodness, implying that a real team had gotten the belts back. When a team that is supposed to be legit is getting kayfabe insults from a face announcer, you know they're out of place.

As a team, Cade and Murdoch were one of the most boring things I have ever seen. But in WCW...I think they just might fit in with the rest of the talent. I can easily see them going over Public Enemy as they were a gigantic flop in WCW or so I'm told.

Cade and Murdoch gets my vote, both teams didn't really reach the top, but they were decent. Cade and Murdoch had better matches IMO, i enjoyed them more as a tag team than Public Enemy.

Cade and Murdoch take down Public Enemy 16-9.

My thoughts:
Kinda surprised with this one. Sure, Public Enemy were crap, but they did a lot for the business, at least moreso then Cade and Murdoch. Sure, the stigma of being an ECW team hurt Public Enemy, but they had more success in WCW then Cade adn Murdoch did on Raw. I don't mind the pick, just surprised.

I usually don't say this, but Shocky is wrong. Public Enemy were practically an afterthought in WCW. On Raw, yes C/M were the only team worth having, but they dominated and even had a minifeud with Cena.

When tag team wrestling is concerned, I will take the Public Enemy beating a team in their prime like Harlem Heat, arguably the best WCW tag team ever, over Lance Cade and Murdoch having a non pay per view feud with John Cena.

Yeah, but it was a fluke reign. Lasted 8 days and Harlem Heat took them back a week later. It was just killing time for the Outsiders to take them for their long reign with the belts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back