WCW Houston, Round 2, Match 4: #10: Yokozuna vs. #23 Mitsuharu Misawa

Yokozuna vs. Misawa

• Yoko

• Mitsu

Results are only viewable after voting.
So much hatred in you, tdigs...

Anyway, you are again missing my entire argument. So I will again remind you that in 90% of matches I would probably vote Misawa. Just not here. You tried to mislead people into believing that Misawa was a giant-killer. He's very effective against big men, but not automatic. I think he was 2-2 vs Tsurtura, which is admirable.

It's quite simple - I don't think he beats Yoko here. Yoko in his prime just brought too much to the table. There are only a handful of guys I'd put over 1993-94 Yokozuna, and I feel 4 times out of 5 he'd go over Misawa. No hate for the man - he's a legend. But he's a legend who got a bad draw here.

I have just voted for Mitsu. Without Fuji, Yokozuna was a weaker competitor. I think that the lack of managerial influence leaves Yoko's inability to move quickly enough out in the open as a sure weakness.

Without Fuji, Yokozuna was a weaker competitor. I think that the lack of managerial influence leaves Yoko's inability to move quickly enough out in the open as a sure weakness.

Why would Yoko not have Fuji in his corner? This is a kayfabe match and Yoko would definitely have not only Mr Fuji but probably Jim Cornette in his corner.

Misawa is too smart to fall for the taunts of a manager:

Are you saying that Misawa is smarter then Hulk Hogan and Bret Hart, because both of them succumbed to the heel tactics of Mr Fuji.

Yokozuna in his prime only lost to Bret Hart, Hulk Hogan, and the Undertaker. Considering the fact that Misawa is not one of those three guys, Yokozuna gets the win.

I have to take my hat off to the efforts of TDigs and co. on getting Misawa over Yokozuna, whom I felt was a prohibitive favorite in the match-up. I pulled for the SHW, and he becomes the first member of my camp to fall. But the fact is, Yokozuna was going to lose eventually, and I am much happier knowing he lost to a legend like Misawa as opposed to an over-rated stateside powerlifter or anyone else for that matter.

Misawa is a deserving competitor, and I respect the hell out of him. I still believe Yoko should have won, and I won't concede that point - but I can live with the fact that the Japanese Legend defeated the Grand Champion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back