• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Was Sting Worth Bringing Back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
I'm going to ignore the fact that TNA is currently doing a New Blood vs. Legends storyline. Because Sting is one of the only legends they have. You can't call Booker or Angle legends yet, Jarrett isn't ever going to be considered a legend, Foley is too fat, and Nash is shit. So maybe judge this pre-Bound For Glory.

In his three years back with the company Sting hasn't done a thing. He's really just been a waste of TNA's time. He's not made them into a legitimate number two promotion. He's not having great matches, and he's not really putting anybody over. In three years he's probably just put over Abyss, but he was over anyway, and he has got a silly gimmick. The series of matches were also terrible. He's lost a couple of times, but nobody has been made to look better because of Sting. But that's probably down to his lazy in ring ability. He's TNA's HBK, he just doesn't care. He's getting paid to do the job half arsed, so why try harder?

TNA should drop his contact once the NB vs. Legends agle has finished.

Monkey's going to kill me but you're right. Sting has done next to nothing significant in his time there. This is his third title reign, and combined they've lasted just over a month. I still consider him to be the reason that Joe's push failed. Back in 2006, Joe was more over than ever, and pinned Jarrett who was then champion clean at No Surrender. But instead of giving Joe the title match at BFG, they gave it to Sting, for a match "6 years in the making". He's easily the biggest name TNA has, but he's always leaving for months on end and is then brought back to be some big ratings draw that never works. I love Sting, but he needs to be put in the upper mid card.

Well, Having Someone how was one of the biggest faces during the WCW vs nWo storyline and at WCW as a whole is bound to attract some wrestling fans. Besides Sting is bound (note the "bound" word links Sting to BFG so much :) ) to retire in a year or so and should stay in TNA till he retires.

The sad thing is that Sting isn't involved much in TNA (expect his regular BFG World Title storylines) and shame he's only had a few good matches at TNA (vs Joe at BFG 08 and Angle at BFG 07) and less storylines nowadays.

I am a huge fan of Sting. This is the guy that I wanted to see when I was growing up, but lets put that aside. Granted that nowadays Sting isn't able to pull of the same quality matches as he did 10 years ago, but that's just age: inevitable. Charisma wise he is still intact, and whenever TNA wants to make a big storyline they allways turn to Sting, and imo that is the right call. TNA has brought a massive nr of wrestlers from WWE and other known wrestlers like Nash, Steiner, Booker, angle, etc. But the only one that got a ratings increase as soon as appeared was Sting. The others simply get a spike in their 1st or 2nd week. Simply put, TNA shouldn't and can't live without Sting because he is THE name of the company

Sting is their so TNA can have some big names and Sting is probably the "biggest" name they have. It's pretty obvious he really doesn't draw anymore than most of the people in TNA, but I think TNA thinks by having a huge name like Sting people will look at them as being a legit #2 wrestling company. He really doesn't do much, hasn't had too many good matches but fans still love him so unless he's demanding and costing TNA alot of money than I say they should just keep him.

the sting world title match ending was an ending that You would expect of a WCW PPV and have seen many times over

the wwe guys have been putting over tna's talent, but sting gets to just coast on his "legends" status.. IMO you arent a legend until you have been in Wrestlemania.

Tna has to stop replicating wcw.. we might as well call next week's Impact tag team match as NWO wolfpack vs. Samoa Joe and AJ. I really hope AJ styles gets to drop sting and regain the world title.

he comes in at every bound for glory and wins the title... the first one was fine but the last one? why does he need the belt he doesnt wrestle consistently or even draw ratings anymore

In the short term Sting was worth bringing in, lets face it he is the best known wrestler to never work for WWE so when another promotion came along Sting should've been a top priority, the younger stars might lose their spot but fuck them they wont bring in the ratings like Sting should. Something went wrong somewhere and Sting didnt exactly do a lot. Like you said he put over Abyss, barely and held the title three times the total of which is under a month.

Now that Kurt Angle is in TNA Sting serves no real purpose, Angles doing his job only much better and he has at least lost a few matches to people somewhat putting them over in the process.
So yeah I agree I dont think TNA would lose anything at all if they dropped Sting soon, what they would gain is a bit more money to put towards whatever these wrestling companies spend their money on.

While we are on the subject of dead weight to drop Nash should go long before Sting, at least Sting can still put on half decent matches and be considered for the main-event.

Seeing as how I use to be a huge Sting fan this is hard, but your right. Every time he seems to build up momentum, he leaves. Especially right after he gets the title, which is annoying. If he's going to win the title, they could at least let him hold it for a few months instead of dropping it a week later. Its like the Undertaker winning the title at wrestlemania, then dropping it a month later, its ridiculous.

Sting also seems like one of those guys who won't work well for you unless you put him in a storyline that he likes. I still think he puts on great matches, but I'm pretty sure that the only reason why he draws half as well as he does is because people remember him for his WCW days.

Sting is TNAs version of Hulk Hogan demands big money, gets titles and main event matches due to his name recognition, but gives very little back in return.

But you see, Sting doesn't make TNA money. He's not even the biggest star in the company. That would probably be Angle, He hardly even main events anymore, maybe if he did he'd have more momentum. But currently all Sting does is get paid by TNA he's not doing anything for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back