• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wade Barrett heading into WrestleMania

NotoriousWWE

Pre-Show Stalwart
Wade Barrett for me is one of the hottest topics right now in WWE. He has managed to use his sudden loss of steam back in early 2011 to motivate himself and turn himself into a credible heel with increasing support for him to become World Champion sooner rather than later.

Back in 2010 Barrett won the first season of what back than was a very entertaining show, NXT. Of course you know the story of what was to come afterward with Barrett leading the group Nexus around WWE causing havoc. However, as soon as his two stables including The Corre broke down, Barrett was left as a singles star who WWE had no belief in. He was losing to superstars on a regular basis and was having a hard time trying to get on SmackDown heading into June.

But, do not fear as there is always the Barrett Barrage! A simple slogan which took Barrett to new heights. Perhaps his greatest achievement thus far, feuding with the experienced Randy Orton in what is for me, an actual interesting rivalry. However, I pose the question. What will WWE do with Barrett come WrestleMania time? Here are suggestions of what i'd like him to do come Mania and what I would not like him to do.

Continue his feud with Orton
Once again I will say this. Stone Cold once stated in an interview 'Feuds don't need to be confusing, contreversial and long, just keep it simple' this is exactly what the Barrett/Orton feud has been. It all stemmed simply from the two having nothing to do heading into Survivor Series so WWE had them both captain opposing teams. Since then the two have put on match after match trying to better one another. So far I think you can say that the face, Orton has the upperhand in terms of victories but Barrett holds the claim to being the man who "injured" Randy Orton. Intriguing, simple and entertaining. Why not have Barrett go over Orton on the Grandest Stage of them All?

Have him win the World Heavyweight Championship at Elimination Chamber
This would be interesting. A Title change in the Chamber would enable many things. Bryan would be entitled to a re-match so he can easily claim to want his re-match at WrestleMania, Sheamus might use his Rumble victory against the World Champion which would be Barrett and Orton's Orton he can just shout at Teddy Long and he'll be given a title shot. All in all, What im trying to say is, why not have a World Heavyweight Championship Fatal 4 Way match?

Feud with a veteran
Some believe that Sheamus' WWE Title win was too early in his career. And so WWE had him go up against Triple H in a simple student vs teacher match-up at WrestleMania 26. This year why can't it be Barrett's turn to go toe-to-toe with a great? Suggestions could be William Regal, Rey Mysterio (If back in time) or Mick Foley (Yes I know he can hardly move but is training).

Please DONT, Have him win MITB
There will be a supposedly MITB match at Mania this year. Participants of course are yet to be named but you can expect your usual 2 upper-midcard guys who can't get in a legitimate feud. However, Barrett is a 250 pound bear knuckle fighter. A powerhouse if you want to talk basics. Why on earth would he need to win a briefcase and cheat his way into becoming World Champion? He may be heel but Barrett does not need that. He is all about power and what he does in the ring. Having him win MITB would really dissapoint me.

Please DONT, forget him!
This is basically telling WWE not to do what they did with Sheamus and Daniel Bryan last year at Mania and leave Barrett off the card. He has worked far too hard to not be given a spot on the card and if feuding with the so-called "Viper" can't get you on the WM matchcard than you know you're in trouble in terms of belief in your character being over. At this point I take Barrett more seriously than I did Sheamus back in 09.

So what would you like WWE to do with Barrett going into Mania? I'd also like to point out that for me, Barrett is really helping me enjoy face Orton for the first time since his face turn. I'd always found Orton stale but this is a fresh idea for the pair of them and really is working. Thoughts?

Continuing the feud with Orton is just fine imo. They will probably both be in the Smackdown EC, Orton could pull off a surprise win but I don't think either will, let that continue the feud. Then they keep that up leading to a match at Mania. I could even see them keeping it going and not having the actual blow off match until SummerSlam, potentially in a #1 contender match, since the title picture right now seems to revolve around DB and Show mainly with Henry working when he isn't hurt too bad

I think Barrett will win EC, and D. Bryan win MITB if they go with the All ex champs idea... cash in the same night to make it a triple threat AND keep his promise to cash in at Mania.

They seem to have gone away from the idea of Cody v Goldust, so I think Orton putting Cody over at Mania would be a good thing. Also, Kane will certainly need a match and Orton fits that bill well...

i would like to see wade continue feuding with orton but i seriously hope it isnt dragged too long id say u spark it up again at ec with barett getting eliminated and then screwing orton after that with a good old fashioned beatdown on him.....and then climaxing it at wrestlemania in a #1 cintenders match

I think they should have left Orton on the shelf until Elimination Chamber, then bring him back as an entry into that where he could re-spark the feud with Barrett heading into WM. By bringing him back a month ahead of EC, there's now going to be like three or four months of matches between the guys leading up to WM. They just wrestled for free on Smackdown. So unless they figure out a way to draw it out interestingly, it runs the risk of being the 100th installment of a match we've been beaten over the head with.

What makes Barrett so great? I can't see him. Yeah his mic skills are good but his in ring ability is far from world champion material. It would be different if he was a giant which is an excuse for most but he just seems like another Randy Orton who is half the man Orton is. People are saying Wade Barrett should be doing this and that because he has so much potential. But apart from Nexus what has he really done?

He needs to continue his feud with Orton and the fued needs to finish at WrestleMania. I'm not a fan of him because I think he is really overrated but if WWE were going to make him hold the title atleast wait till after SummerSlam.

What makes Barrett so great? I can't see him. Yeah his mic skills are good but his in ring ability is far from world champion material.

I used to feel that way, thinking Wade needed to function in a group like Nexus in order to stand out. But with a push from management, he's stepped up his game and might very well be a championship contender in a short while.

Part of my original misconception about him stemmed from Nexus. He was the leader of the group and spent more time plotting strategies and directing his people (kayfabe) than he did showing his own wrestling skills. Even after he went solo when the Corre broke up, he seemed to be floundering; not showing much in the way of wrestling ability. But he's got the goods in his ring repertoire....and, as always, he has that air of imperiousness and defiance that defines a stand-out personality.

I can see him winning the world title.

Randy Orton is going to win the belt in the Elimination Chamber. So, it's likely that Barrett ends up in the MITB match. With the matches that are going to be on the WM card, they can't afford for Orton to not be in a title match at WM.

Orton wins belt, Sheamus challenges him, DB invokes rematch clause so it's a triple threat. I can't see them throwing Barrett into that match as it would seriously diminish Sheamus's Rumble win and right to pick which champion to fight.

Wade Barrett is most probably winning the World Heavyweight Championship at Elimination Chamber, something I strongly disagree with. I hate how WWE attaches skyrockets to some superstars and don't let them work their way to world titles. A world title reign is more meaningful to someone like Christian who really worked his ass off to get there while people like Sheamus, Del Rio and pretty soon Wade Barrett get it way too early in their careers. Wade won NXT, led the Nexus and had a WWE title program with Orton. He's a top player, he doesn't need the World title YET.

What I would do is add him to the tag team division to give it some credibility. Seeing that Money in the Bank is officially back on as a PPV I'm guessing it won't be on the WrestleMania card. Instead, what I would do is have a four-way tag team ladder match for the WWE Tag Team Championship to add some credibility to the tag team division. The four teams can be The Usos, Primo and Epico and two new teams. I'd team up Justin Gabriel and Kofi Kingston as an African tag team which I'd call "Van der Sky" (which means From the Sky in Afrikaans) and I'd re-form FCW's "The Empire" composed of Wade Barrett and Drew McIntyre.

Wade and Drew would win the tag team titles at WrestleMania, premiere newer better-looking tag team titles and declare themselves the premiere tag team of all WWE. They will add William Regal as a manager and Mason Ryan as their muscle. They will have an almost year-long reign where they thwart tag team after tag team eventually hitting the main event scene similar to how Jeri-Show main evented while they were tag team champions. That's when I'd have Wade win the Rumble next year and go on to face Sheamus in a World title match where he wins the World title and brings it to The Empire.

Wade deserves to be World Champion, but not yet. He needs to work his ass off in the next year and then get the Holy Grail. This Hot Potato game that WWE plays with the title is silly. Wade is above it and can benefit a lot by waiting to be champion next year.

I still see him winning at EC though. I just hope we don't get a 4-way... Give us Sheamus vs. Wade plain and simple.

Wade Barrett is currently my favorite to win The Elimination Chamber for the World Heavyweight Championship. With that said, I almost certain Wrestlemania's World Title match will be a triple threat match featuring Barrett, Sheamus, and Randy Orton. Both Sheamus and Orton are over huge right now and I believe it will be a waste for either one not to compete on the card of the top pay-per-view of the year. As for Wade, he's got a pretty good history with both Sheamus and Orton so he seems to be the perfect fit. Honestly, as long as he goes no where near the Money in the Bank match, I'll be fine with his position on the card. Wade Barrett is certainly one of my favorite up and comers in the WWE so he shouldn't be left off the WWE's biggest show of the year.

I wouldnt mind seeing like Orton vs Bryan vs Wade vs Sheamus for the belt. because I would leave CM Punk vs Jericho alone or maybe a CM Punk vs Jericho vs Bryan if Bryan was to lose it at E.C. and then it can be Wade vs Sheamus (and maybe even Orton)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back