• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Vince's Worst Creation!!!

What was Vince's WORST creation?

• WBF

• WWE Films

• XFL

• 2006-2010 ECW

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

asiatic7

The Doctor Of Veganomics!!!
First off, Happy Father's day to all the fathers on this forum! I have two kids who are third generation fans, for I am a second generation fan...love you dad!

Now down to buisness... A few months ago, my man Mack Swagger did a thread that asked: What was Vince McMahon's greatest creation?

I want to know from you guys, What was Vince's WORST creation?

We all know Mr. McMahon as the greatest wrestling promoter on the planet. But sometimes his ego allows himself to think he can venture out into other forms of entertainment and has been met with one debacle after another. We had to cringe through:
1. The WBF
2. WWE Films...c'mon admit it! All those movies suck!
3. XFL
4. The 2006-2010 version of ECW
5. others

What in your opinion was the WORST of the bunch, or do you have something else in mind?

I am going to go with the XFL. I remember watching that one and only season play out and it was just ridiculous. It was often made fun of on ESPN and other media outlets, and I am not sure that anyone took it seriously. Just the fact that it only made it through one season shows how big of a failure it was. It was looked at more as a sideshow rather than real football. I always wonder if the product was actually that bad or if no one would take a football league seriously created by Vince. Not even Jim Ross's commentary could save this one. Just a league that was doomed from the start.

Think XFL is considered the worst which is interesting but adding the fun back to football I don't think was a good idea. Also he did a football season during the NFL off-season giving people something else to watch other than well everything almost on TV now.

I love football all year round, of course Espn will make fun of the XFL. Look how many wrestling promotion there was before, now there is what two maybe three.

The camera that floats over the middle of the field giving great views now a days was a XFL original and Vince McMahon Idea.

The question is "what is Vince's worst creation?" not what was Vince's biggest flop?" I think people are picking the XFL because it was a pretty big failure. it cost Vince and NBC a lot of money. But the answer is clearly the WBF. Football is going to appeal to people a whole lot more than dudes flexing their muscles. What did the WBF have to offer? I remember they had a weekly show. I watched the first couple but lost interest quickly because it offered nothing. Bottom line is that the XFL may have been the bigger failure but the WBF was a much worse creation.

Another good candidate would be The New Generation of 1995. A roster that included a garbage man, a plumber, a hockey player and Kane as a dentist. It was just awful.

XFL was just bad timing and planning. How many of those guys ever went to the NFL/CFL? they were weekend players and that hurt them. but the concept wasn't horrible.

worse creation - his revised wwe history. the underdog coming up, fighting off big bad competition like WCW, being the only one who believed in his product. he seems to forget that unlike TNA, he bought an existing company so he wasn't exactly starting from scratch. and yeah, maybe he didn't swoop in and steal talent from other places but it isn't like WCW did it to him too like he claims. and the whole "don't hurt the competition, improve your own product" is a bit of a joke. isn't he the guy, who when other companies were getting into the ppv business, told them if you run their ppvs, you won't get WrestleMania? to me, that is his worse creation.

Gotta go with the WBF...

While the XFL wasn't NFL quality football, which is what Americans (and whoever watches American Football) are used to, the XFL introduced things that are now used in the NFL and other sports, such as the camera that hangs over the field, as someone mentioned. Cameras in the locker rooms would be another thing that comes to mind... I don't recall ever seeing a camera in a locker room before the XFL did it.

WWECW was never the "Paul Heyman ECW," but served as a good enough "C-show" for WWE that SyFy ended up putting SmackDown on their network. I think part of the reason it has gotten such a bad rap was simply because it was called "ECW." I doubt anyone would have had an issue with the show itself, if it were named "WCW" or something else that didn't tie it to "Extreme" wrestling.

While WWE Studios hasn't put out any "Blockbuster" films, pretty much limiting their films to a handful of theatres, before going straight to DVD, it serves as a platform for them get their names out there outside of the wrestling ring. Also, without WWE Studios, I don't know how feasible a "WWE Network" would be, which is what they obviously are aiming for.

That leaves the WBF... Which I can't think of a single positive thing that happed due to it's existence. The only thing that I can even think of that happened due to the WBF was getting Lex Luger to sign with Vince. If anything, the WBF probably sped up the process of the Federal Government indicting McMahon for steroids.

So, while McMahon has made mistakes, I gotta say the WBF is the worst "creation" that he had. While the other things effected the world that we live in today in one way or another, the WBF's effects were pretty much all negative... Unless, of course, you're a big Lex Luger fan...

-Bill

I agree with most of what has been mentioned above. WBF was horrible, but I sometimes wonder if it was just an elaborate ploy for Vince to attract Lex Luger from NWA/WCW at the time.

I also think the "Red Rooster" gimmick should be on this list. Terry Taylor was a FANTASTIC wrestler and that one run pretty much ruined his in ring career.

The WBF was the worst creation. The XFL was close though. I think the problem with the XFL was that Vince marketed it as giving the fans things that the NFL didnt, but we, as NFL fans were not asking for any of them. I saw an XFL game in which a quarterback was interviewed while he was using a urinal. Your right Vince, I didnt ask for that. They had a ground cam. How exactly does that add to my viewing pleasure when I cant see the players? And please dont get me started on the names on the jerseys.

My submission for Vince's Worst Creations....in order:

1.The WBF
2.Brawl for All
3.Eurpoean only Pay Per Views
4.The European title
5.The Gobblegooker

At least two of those are ridicious to be mentioned in Worst Creations, for one UK (not European) PPVs was a way to have PPVs in the UK without damaging buyrates (due to time delays), as shown by Summerslam 92. Saying that, the alternative is now much better.

The European Title was a great title at the time, the lower midcard had a title and had purpose unlike currently despite there being two midcard titles.

My top 3:
1. WBF
2. XFL
3. His scripted death, not long after Eddie's death and then the whole Benoit situation

All three made WWF/E look extremely bad in the press, nothing was gained by them and pretty much just bad creations.

John Cena plain and simple.

Vince created this monster and he is consuming what little good is still left in wrestling. The very simple principle that he rises above and overcomes all obstacles ruined Brock Lesnar's return(he lost, why should we care about him anymore) and destroyed big shows long awaited heel turn(lost any credibility of being an unstoppable giant after tonight). Jesus even at the height of his popularity hogan lost sometimes. Lets just all rejoice that they had enough sense to let him not beat the rock.

anyways after that Vince's worst creation would probably be the xfl

I agree with the XFL ... when you talk about the Worst Creation you need to see things from a financial standpoint as well as a public one. So with that the worst would either have been XFL or WBF, both were financial disasters with the XFL being the worse of the two. At least WBF lasted for two seasons, XFL barley survived one.

You also need to see things publicly, Football is a mainstream sport in North America and gets more attention than Body Building. And the XFL and Vince McMahon's league was considered a joke. Even The Simpsons had a segment which Homer Simpson was waiting for the XFL until Marge had to break it to him that the league folded and the season's MVP was sweeping hair.

Vince created this monster and he is consuming what little good is still left in wrestling. The very simple principle that he rises above and overcomes all obstacles ruined Brock Lesnar's return(he lost, why should we care about him anymore) and destroyed big shows long awaited heel turn(lost any credibility of being an unstoppable giant after tonight). Jesus even at the height of his popularity hogan lost sometimes. Lets just all rejoice that they had enough sense to let him not beat the rock.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, having Cena dominate everyone was Vince's worst idea. Well, by that reckoning, then your answer should be that Vince's worse creation was "Hulkamania" then, since Cena is doing now what Hulk Hogan did in the 80's. If Cena buried Lesnar and Big Show, then Hogan buried "Big" John Studd, King Kong Bundy, Andre The Giant and Randy "Macho Man" Savage.

At least Cena didn't hold the title for three years straight.

The only difference is that we see Cena every week, whereas Hulk Hogan was only shown at PPVs and "Saturday Night's Main Event", not on the weekly shows.

no competition sure he didn't create that.but when he bought wcw the wwf died with it.with no comp now days wrestling has gone stale and no sign of a rebirth any time soon.i see many say that tna is comp but in reality they aren't.wwe and tna have no shows that compete against each other on tv in the same time slot on the same night.so even if tna got very big it still wouldn't be competition.

Some of you guys are way off topic and just trolling with your hate of certain wrestlers.

I'm not going to go with the XFL. NFL ESPN can laugh all they want but they all use an XFL creation. Axis camera angles. Thanks Vince for giving football fans a new way to see the game from different angles. What I am going to go with is The Hogan Cage.

The blue steel cage that was so easy for body builders to climb. In any steel cage match featuring either Hogan or Warrior this cage was used it died out before the attitude era but it was just an awful awful cage because anyone could climb it. How could you really tell a story with that thing. The last I remember about that cage was the beginning of Bret Harts heel turn on RAW. He had a match with Undertaker about to escape through the door and I think it was HBK who slammed the door on his head Taker escapes but after Vince enters the ring and Bret pushes him down. That's the last moment I can recall of the Hogan Cage.

Im gonna go with the WBF. i remember it as a kid in every wwf magazine my mum would by me each month there would be an advert for it with either lex luger or lou ferrigno and i just dont get where vince was going to go with it? i think he might of had a WBF body building championships but im not sure?

The XFL i dont really know much about as i dont watch the nfl so i was never intrested in the xfl but from all accounts it was a flop.

The WWECW was never going to be anything but a tv show that was a filler. However it did give CM punk his first tv time to the wwe fans who might not of heard of him in tna/roh.

WWE films has been a decent little side project and ive enjoyed a couple of the films (not many but a couple) so i would say that was the success of the four mentioned as it is still going a few years after launch.

hope that makes sense?

Although XFL is a good contender, WBF was just flat out stupid and useless, the whole point of it never really got across my head and i saw it as Lex Luger coming in before his "narciscist" character played out, other then that WBF was useless, but then again, everything on this list, excluding ECW, was useless

It has to be the XFL or the WBF.

Both cost a hell of a lot of money, achieved pretty much nothing and are both ridiculed on a regular basis. A close 3rd would be the films. They are not all dreadful, but certainly not good, and god knows how much money Vince has wasted by trying to make WWE films a success.

Why is he insistent on keeping trying with these stupid ideas? The WWE is a global empire, and yet Vince just never seems satified running a wrestling company. It's like he is embarrased by his own company, and the product they produce. Constantly trying to get approval from the mass media and TV companies, and now refusing to refer to the sport as "wrestling" and his talent as "wrestlers"- very sad.

McMahon should just stick to what he knows, running a wrestling company and put 100% of his effort and money into that. Who knows, if he did that and stopped with all the other crap, the WWE product would improve again.

PG Era bar non. Lets face it we ALL complain about that on a regular basis. I never actually saw XFL or WBF (Could be because I'm from England but whatever) so I can't really comment but I think close second would be Cena. Look I respect the Guy he does charity work, he works his ass off but c'mon its boring to watch him get his ass kicked and the just win it takes away from the product now you could say the Creative team have say in this so perhaps its not all his fault but I still think he should at least have lost to Lesnar and Show.

The XFL was a major fail but the NFL uses a couple of things from it which means it wasn't a TOTAL failure. The WBF was a total failure.

ECW made more money and had better ratings than the old ECW so that can't be considered a failure. Plus quite a few guys got their break on the show. it wasn't as good as the old ECW or anything like it but it was never supposed to be.

The PG era makes no sense because once again it gets decent ratings and makes a lot of money.

While the WWE films movies may suck they make money off of them from DVD sales.

John Cena? Really? This is easily the dumbest thing posted in this thread. Nothing else needs said.

The WBF was a total failure. Not only did it suck but it gave Vince a bunch of useless guys he could send right over to the WWF.

Seriously? Cena has jobbed more in the past 12 months than Hogan did in his whole time in the WWE. Cena put guys over while Hogan put himself over.

I voted other. :lol:

Mine was similar to the ECW 2006-2012 option. I think that the worst thing was him trying to bring WCW to the WWE. He tried to bring NWO magic to WWE but it was a flop and a half. They all had their own problem at the time and were not as good as the 90's version of themselves.:suspic:

Then there's Goldberg.:banghead: Where do I start. He comes in with a great feud with Dwayne and then some BS feuds with mid-carders. Then the feud with Hunter and that was exactly opposite to his time in WCW. Over there he had a streak of 173-1 where as in WWE, he got jumped every week by Evolution. The only good part was when HHH faced Goldberg in a full match until the other 3 guys jumped in. Then was the crappy exit at Wrstlemania XX. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0S8vQaKLzg:wtf:

There was the invasion which was probably the best storyline but where the originals of WCW? No Goldberg, NWO or Sting. There were not many ECW originals either.:shrug:

Once Vince asked about guys like Goldberg coming to WWE and the crowd went mad, but he had a BS stint. He asked about Luger and they all booed. He asked about the Stinger but he never came because he knows what Vince is like. He'll just ruin him after a bit.

So I think this was just his biggest fail, not XFL because Vince probably was more into WWE and maybe didn't know much about the sport compared to pro wrestling. Not ECW because there's so many small mistakes. If he had listened to Paul Frikin Heyman :worship: he would have made it a success. So it was only some mistakes, not major. WWE films are not too bad IMO.

So I'll have to say the wannabe WCW. Vince could have done so many dream matches as well!:disappointed:

PG Era bar non. Lets face it we ALL complain about that on a regular basis. I never actually saw XFL or WBF (Could be because I'm from England but whatever) so I can't really comment but I think close second would be Cena. Look I respect the Guy he does charity work, he works his ass off but c'mon its boring to watch him get his ass kicked and the just win it takes away from the product now you could say the Creative team have say in this so perhaps its not all his fault but I still think he should at least have lost to Lesnar and Show.

Sorry, but for anyone to say John Cena is Vince's 2nd worse creation....you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

Yes, not everyone likes Cena. I am not a fan of his, I find him pretty boring. But to say that a guy who is the face of the company for his generation, HAS put on a lot of very good matches over the years, and brings in more money and merchandise than anyone else is completely wrong.

Cena is no Rock, he is no Austin, but he is the best choice to be the face of the company right now. He works his ass off for the WWE both in and out of the ring, and is a great role model for the younger fans, who WWE target alot more now.

I would much rather see Austin flipping the bird and drinking beer than John Cena, but I would not consider him a bad creation at all. When you look at the millions of dollars that McMahon has thrown away on crappy movies, the XFL and the WBF, how can you honestly say Cena is worse?

Grow up, just because you do not like Cena winning matches doesnt mean he is a bad creation.

It's not the winning of matches that pisses me off. It's the fact that when he wins he get's his ass kicked for most of the match and then becomes superman. Now I'll agree Cena has put on some good matches but now its the same repetitive shit. When it's taking away from the product its a bad creation and now he's stopped Big Show for being that "Giant" (Granted Ryder, Kofi and Somebody else got involved) but they're nothing and he also ruined Lesnar's return. Yes this has been said but the problem is its true.

It's not the winning of matches that pisses me off. It's the fact that when he wins he get's his ass kicked for most of the match and then becomes superman. Now I'll agree Cena has put on some good matches but now its the same repetitive shit. When it's taking away from the product its a bad creation and now he's stopped Big Show for being that "Giant" (Granted Ryder, Kofi and Somebody else got involved) but they're nothing and he also ruined Lesnar's return. Yes this has been said but the problem is its true.

I don't like the "SuperCena" stuff either, I agree it has become boring and should be altered, but that is just the same recipe that was so successful for Hulk Hogan for years.

I am definitely in favour of a Cena heel turn to freshen up his tired character- I think if done right it could be one of the biggest moments in wrestling history, much like the Hogan turn at BATB when he joined the nWo.

I think the problem with Cena is not really the Superman routine he is ordered to do, but just the fact that WWE over-rely on him. When Rock and Austin were on top, if either got injured you had people like Undertaker, Mankind, Triple H and later Jericho and Angle to step up and take the load. Now, there aren't too many others who are on that level. WWE IS trying to create new stars, but guys like Sheamus and Bryan are not at that top level yet. That's why WWE rely so much on Cena and protect him all the time. He is the golden boy and if he left, they would be struggling.

But when you look at some of the things Vince has come up with down the years, that waste SO much money and are just plain stupid- the Million Dollar Giveaway springs to mind, there is no way Cena is anywhere near the top of the pile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back