• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Vince, will you PLEASE give Teddy Long something else to do?

Ambiguous Turd

Mid-Card Championship Winner
This kind of coincides with my last post regarding the WWE and the hopeful return of ringside managers, in which I nominated Theodore R Long as a perfect candidate for this position .... but I just have some comments about Teddy Long as GM of Smackdown.

Long is there, just to give him a job at this point, and I think we all know it. He adds nothing ... and I mean NOTHING in this role. He has done it for so long now, that nobody even cares about Teddy Long even more.

Vince, your Mr. McMahon character said it best on Smackdown a few months back .... Teddy Long in this current role is "B-O-R-I-N-G". So my question is, "Why haven't you done anything about it?"

Sure you put him on probation, and we had a storyline going for a while there ... with him seemingly turning Heel under your orders, but that went absolutely nowhere.

Now, we bring Vickie Guerrero in as a "Consultant" (in other words, new GM to be ... which is ALSO a big mistake, as she has worn out her welcome in that role, as well) ... which again leaves Long in limbo.

Can you seriously not find anything else for this man to do in the company?

Make Teddy Long a manager. And yes, I mean a ringside Manager. Is the word "Manager" honestly that dirty a word to you, Vince?

Long has done the GM role since 2004 .... 5 YEARS .... with only a brief reprieve from it. His act is stale, tired, boring, uncreative, lackluster, and a waste of the man's talents. He can talk on the mic, but he's done this position long enough, and you NEED to give him something else to do.

And he could be used to elevate superstars that need to be elevated, in a managerial role. If you are going to pay him, because you want to give the man a job, then let him manage. He's an absolutely perfect candidate for it, and has boatloads of experience. He'll do exactly what you tell him to do, and act exactly how you tell him to act in the role.

But this back and forth game between Teddy Long and Vickie Guerrero as GM's of Smackdown has got to stop. NEITHER ONE OF THEM should be in this role any longer.

But let's take some initiative here and do something else with this man, other than the same damn thing he's done for 5 years, which he obviously has nothing left to offer in this role. It is absolutely boring to the audience.

I definitely agree. Long has been a GM on and off for almost 5 years. It's time for him to move on.

I would love for Teddy Long to go back to managing. I thought he was great in WCW when he managed Doom and Johnny B Badd. Then in the WWE I loved the Thuggin n Buggin Enterprises angle he did with first D'lo Brown and then Rodney Mack. I've always thought he was underrated and underutilized when it came to managing.

There are a lot of guys who could benefit from his services. On Raw you've got guys like Jack Swagger and MVP who have had recent pushes completely halted. Giving them a manager like Long would be something new and could reignite their careers. I also think he would be perfect on ECW with Ezekiel Jackson. Jackson is starting to break away from Regal and Kozlov and I believe with a manager like Long, Jackson could really make some noise on ECW and eventually on one of the two main brands.

I would love for Teddy Long to go back to managing. I thought he was great in WCW when he managed Doom and Johnny B Badd. Then in the WWE I loved the Thuggin n Buggin Enterprises angle he did with first D'lo Brown and then Rodney Mack. I've always thought he was underrated and underutilized when it came to managing

This. Big Sexy, you hit the nail right on the head. Shit, he even made Sgt. Craig Pitbull Pitman look entertaining. That's saying something. The guy has a natural feel for the mic. His promos are just flat out smooth, and I feel he can make a terrific mouth piece to get a wrestler over.

Problem is, the fact is, Vince doesn't want managers. He's done away with them, and put the center focus on wrestlers. Though the manager can typically get good heat (even if it's cheap), Vince just doesn't want that, it appears. He wants his wrestlers to be the focal point.

The sad fact is, Teddy only has one thing he can do, and that's be a GM. That's why I'd wish for Vince to release Teddy, or put him behind the scenes, similar to a mentor. Someone like Tony Atlas was for Mark Henry, riding on the road with him, and monitoring him. The guy has been around the business, and knows how to take care of people. He also can teach a wrestler what will get him over, and what to do. It's clear Vince won't use managers, so why not at least make him a Road Agent backstage, or manager a young, green rookie who has no idea what the business is like? That's the best use for Teddy Long in Vince's WWE.

Or, he can move on to TNA, and get Jay Lethal over. I think that could work, too.

Long has been so stale as Smackdown GM. There have been times over the past couple of weeks, where I actually wish Vickie would take over as GM again. This whole "probation" storyline hasn't really been worth getting into ever since The Undertaker hasn't been in the picture. It's been so long now. I wish Vince would either kayfabe fire Teddy, replace him with Vickie, or Vince himself would take over Smackdown. But please WWE, start going some where with this probation storyline!!

I wouldn't mind seeing Teddy as a manager again. It would be refreshing to see him reprise this role again. Putting Teddy with Big Zeek on ECW would be a great idea, seeing as how the stable he's in right now is on the verge of a break-up. Teddy could help bring some prestige to big Zeek, and seeing back on ECW, and FAR away from Smackdown wouldn't be such a bad thing at all.

But this back and forth game between Teddy Long and Vickie Guerrero as GM's of Smackdown has got to stop. NEITHER ONE OF THEM should be in this role any longer.

But let's take some initiative here and do something else with this man, other than the same damn thing he's done for 5 years, which he obviously has nothing left to offer in this role. It is absolutely boring to the audience.

I only agree with half of your argument, Sidious. Long HAS been the GM for Smackdown for far too long.... and so was Vickie, but she would be better for the role until they find someone else (emphasis on UNTIL THEY FIND SOMEONE ELSE). So I would have Vickie temporarily go back to being the Smackdown GM and eventually be replaced by someone completely new.

I think that they should do something like this. Have Vince finally get fed up with Long's probation and not living up to expectations. Vince will find a reason to "fire" Long as GM, then Vickie replaces him until they find a permanent replacement. What is Long going to do while this is going on?

Long could take some time off, and then become the GM of Raw. They could keep the idiotic guest host thing going on long enough until after The Rock has done it (if he will, we can all hope) then Long can come back next week and announce that the guest host concept is ending and he is now the Raw GM. No more annoying celebrities, back to the old format that worked.

I think this would be better than Long being a manager because it opens up the door for a new Smackdown authority figure AND it would end the guest host concept at the same time. Some of you may disagree, but I think that is the best route that WWE can take right now.

I only agree with half of your argument, Sidious. Long HAS been the GM for Smackdown for far too long.... and so was Vickie, but she would be better for the role until they find someone else (emphasis on UNTIL THEY FIND SOMEONE ELSE). So I would have Vickie temporarily go back to being the Smackdown GM and eventually be replaced by someone completely new.

I think that they should do something like this. Have Vince finally get fed up with Long's probation and not living up to expectations. Vince will find a reason to "fire" Long as GM, then Vickie replaces him until they find a permanent replacement. What is Long going to do while this is going on?

Long could take some time off, and then become the GM of Raw. They could keep the idiotic guest host thing going on long enough until after The Rock has done it (if he will, we can all hope) then Long can come back next week and announce that the guest host concept is ending and he is now the Raw GM. No more annoying celebrities, back to the old format that worked.

I think this would be better than Long being a manager because it opens up the door for a new Smackdown authority figure AND it would end the guest host concept at the same time. Some of you may disagree, but I think that is the best route that WWE can take right now.

Dagger, switching Long to Raw does absolutely nothing. The point is that he's been GM for 5 years, and that is too long to stay in that position. It doesn't matter what show he is on. He needs to go and do something else.

Vickie has nothing left to offer in the GM role, either.

I want WWE to explore new directions, like what they are doing with Sheamus on Raw. Some of you have been too complacent with the way things are currently in WWE, while others like me have waited our turns for a long time now for things to change.

Teddy Long has NOTHING left to offer in a GM capacity that he hasn't done already. Same with Vickie. I want them BOTH gone. Not as GM on Smackdown. Not as GM on Raw. Not as GM on ECW. Not assigned as brand new GM of Superstars.

Not as GM ... PERIOD.

Vince needs to go back and figure out that Managers aren't a "Dirty word" in wrestling. They just need to be utilized properly. And Teddy has proven that he is good at doing this. He certainly has the experience for it.

Damn I can't believe everybody wants to pick on Teddy Long. I always enjoy Long as being a good GM. What more do you all want. You complain about Cena, Orton, HHH, PG Era , and now Long. I like his role as a GM and I wouldn't mind seeing him as a manager. The only problem is he should be a GM on raw and let vickki take smackdown. If Long was to get release who would be good enough to replace him? Maybe the guest host would be on raw and smackdown. Yea and that would be a big mistake.

I read a complaint about being GM for too long, So what! He gets involved in storylines. He has personalities of a GM. You want a new GM for smackdown., yet vince can't find a new GM on raw. Long doesn't try to go over the top like Bishoff or gets punk out like that other GM on raw at the end of 2008. (Forgot his name) His character stays center and is believable. I don't see nothing wrong with Long being GM. I guess you all pick any and everything to bash wwe on. GROW UP!

Agreed! Make Teddy Long manager of a wrestler again. I think he could manage several wrestlers like Eziekal Jackson, MVP, R Truth, Kofi Kingston, Mark Henry, ect. But really I like to see him manage MVP. MVP should turn heel again, cause he's better as a heel then a face.

Long can form something called Ballas Inc. It would be just him and MVP though, this would be a great way to finally get MVP into the main event spot were he deserves to be in, and give Long something meaningful to do. Long is a better manager of a wrestler then general manager of a show anyways. But if your gonna keep him a general manager of a show, at least turn him heel. But I like him to be a heel manager of a wrestler. MVP or Ezekiel Jackson.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back