• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Vince McMahon To Give A "State Of The WWE" Address This Monday On Raw

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Every site I've been to has reported that VinceMcMahon will be on this coming Monday's episode of Raw. I'm assuming that Vince will come out and do a promo segment that might involve addressing some of the current problems in WWE. A lot of writers for these sites are hoping that one of the things Vince announces will be Raw going back to its standard two hour format. After drawing an abysmal 2.54 rating this past Monday, there were reports that officials of USA Network haven't been all that pleased with Raw as of late. It's true that WWE has been taking something of a for the most part since going to three hours. Some people feel that it's just too much time for any weekly wrestling program as the shows always do drag to some degree. I don't think there'd be any way around that other than just having nothing but wall to wall 15 minute matches like a pay per view.

Personally, I'm thinking that it'll just be something more along the lines of a standard promo segment with Vince addressing some of the current storylines going on. According to a report I read yesterday, the WWE has apparently dropped the feuding GM storyline that was scheduled to take place in which Booker T & AJ feud with Vince ultimately firing them. I'm thinking that one of the things that might happen on Raw this Monday will be Vince "firing" AJ and ultimately replacing her with a wrestling legend.

I think that Vince will address CM Punk on the show, which could lead to a downright awesome segment, in which Vince goads CM Punk into accepting John Cena's challenge or outright forces him to accept the challenge or be stripped of the WWE Championship.

With such poor ratings last week, WWE is obviously hoping to use Vince's appearance as a means of helping to rebound and regain some momentum. What are you expecting or hoping to see come about during Vince's "State of the WWE" address?

A lot of writers for these sites are hoping that one of the things Vince announces will be Raw going back to its standard two hour format. After drawing an abysmal 2.54 rating this past Monday, there were reports that officials of USA Network haven't been all that pleased with Raw as of late.

http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/26483/Will-WWE-Raw-Remain-Three-Hours/ Overall WWE is pleased with 3 hours so there is no way they go back to two till atleast after Mania.

My guess is he will come back talk about AJ and Booker and then Punk will interrupt him and they will have a back and forth. The main reason there hyping it is to get the ratings up but i don't expect anything big to happen yet. If the ratings continue to struggle then maybe we see some changes. but not after only two bad weeks.

I think it could even end up with a Brock appearance... Breaking Mr. McMahon's arm? Punk and Brock's alliance revealed? Or it could be the draft...

It'll be interesting to see if this GM stuff is going to play out with both being fired in favour of Stephanie (which I can see) or Trips (again, that would be interesting from the perspective of him "forcing" Punk to take Cena's challenge.

The 3 hour thing isn't that bad, but the problem is that much of their PG audience is in bed by the time RAW is halfway through... one way round it that would have the older fans jizzing their pants could be to go back to the old "2 show" format, RAW and RAW IS RAW type thing where the first hour and a half is PG, the 2nd is TV-14. At this point, Vince can't blame the talent for the ratings being poor, there's only so much they can do within the PG framework. But a "mature hour" of the show might just catch enough casual fan interest to make the 3 hours work and with the new programme on a tuesday so if Cena is in the mature segment that week he can still be on the Tuesday PG show.

The 3 hour thing isn't that bad, but the problem is that much of their PG audience is in bed by the time RAW is halfway through... one way round it that would have the older fans jizzing their pants could be to go back to the old "2 show" format, RAW and RAW IS RAW type thing where the first hour and a half is PG, the 2nd is TV-14. At this point, Vince can't blame the talent for the ratings being poor, there's only so much they can do within the PG framework. But a "mature hour" of the show might just catch enough casual fan interest to make the 3 hours work and with the new programme on a tuesday so if Cena is in the mature segment that week he can still be on the Tuesday PG show.

People keep bringing this up with the hopes that somehow WWE brass is reading these forums. The problem is, it's NOT a solution. They've proven in the last year or more that they CAN have edgy t.v. without going outside the PG rating. The rating has very little to do with not attracting adults. I started watching back in the Hulkamania days and it was all PG at that time and the people I watched with were Uncles and Grandfathers that were already interested in watching it. Point is, it's about good storylines and star power. The current WWE is lacking a bit in the storylines, but ALOT in the star power.

I would like to see them cut Raw back to 2 hours as well. Reason being is that it does seem to drag on a bit. Instead of Raw always being 3 hours, just mandate that 1 Raw per month will be 3 hours and the rest are 2.

As for what Vince will do. Who knows? CM Punk has been working promos with a legend after legend, and Vince I think would qualify as a legend of sorts so I think that a confrontation between the 2 is a possibility. There is also the possibility that he "reviews" AJ's performance after she tossed her "coach" to the curb. All I know is that an appearance from the Chairman usually peak's my interest.

I, for one, can't wait for him to launch yet another GM plot they're going to blunder around with, and ultimately not finish.

The only one I recall that had a real ending was throwing Eric Bischoff into the trash. Literally, Vince McMahon picking him up and putting him into the trash. Like living the metaphor he always wanted to do. He probably wasn't even mad that he had to cut him a check for it. He might have even signed it personally, just for the honor.

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAPDSoZt5_c&feature=fvwrel

The problem is, it's NOT a solution. They've proven in the last year or more that they CAN have edgy t.v. without going outside the PG rating.

Very much this. Y'all gotta let that PG thing go, already.

im gonna say it too i hope its about this pg stuff its not just cause of the the rating its because of the restrictions wwe put on them selves just to inprove its public image i dont like my wrestling watered down it is a big deal no matter how much people pretend it isnt everyone groans when someone says butt instead of arse and ive also seen guys on here trying to convince me that they dont miss divas in bikinis which is just a massive lie really

i dont think raw will be going to two hours again tho apparantly its doing good and im enjoying i might be about the rock going for the title or somthing

I agree, 3 hours is just too much to watch, Not only is it just too much to take in but there's shows I like to watch before RAW.

But this State of the WWE address is most likely going to have to do with kayfabe storylines like with Punk, Lesnar, & Heyman. Don't expect anything controversial.

I agree with you. It will probably be Vince McMahon comming out and complaining about Punk not taking the match with Cena. Maybe Heyman and Punk will cut 2 promos. One being Punk and the other being Paul Heyman. Vince being out there and all during the promos Vince says something Heyman and Punk are offeneded by yada yada yada..Something happens. Either Brock Lesnar comes out acts as if hes on Vince's side or he attacks Vince McMahon and breaks his arm. Thus the whole storyline sets up to a Survivor Series match possibly being 6 on 6. Team McMahon vs Team Heyman. My opinion though!

Hope they wont screw Punk's momentum again by giving him HHH or Vince himself at Hell in a Cell.
I do hope he'll address AJ issue and also about the New show they are doing.

Some much needed star power on the show then. This roster really needs filling out. Either bring in established acts or make new stars for the love of God, one or the other. Watching Raw for 3 hours is a lot of effort.

Can we PLEASE stop the "WWE getting edgier" - Linda is in the lead of her Senate race so that will not happen, if anything they will go more PG.

You know that Punk/Heyman will get involved with Vince and while I don't think he'll fire AJ he will give her a "Mentor" and I'm guessing someone like Foley or even Nash since she didn't like the last one because he was always a suit and never in the business.

Other then Kane/Bryan there really isn't much going on during RAW and no storylines that are even entertaining (not even punk/heyman/cena) the ONLY way that would get entertaining is if Heyman screwed punk and helped Cena win the title make Cena the "Heyman" guy and a heel cena vs a face Rock now that I would pay to see.

I think he'll take us back to 2 hours. With that I think he'll surprise us and give us a draft (And superstars that stick to their respective show)

I also think he'll adress the CM Punk-Cena thing, while also addressing AJ Lee

A "State of the WWE" address should address more than just a couple of small things

Give Punk Foley. It will make things seem soooo much more sense making. With Foley being a hardcore legend and HIAC being one of his matches it just adds up to me.

There's just too much they can do, but they don't need to let Punk lose the title right now.

Geez, how long have some of you been following wrestling? Why would you honestly think they would use a televised in-ring segment to do anything like announce a change in the length of the show, or to say they aren't going to be PG anymore. That would be something they'd put out through the website. Going back to 2 hours, which isn't happening anyway, would be like admitting defeat. They'd do it quietly in a press release rather than dragging Vince to the ring to say "well, we suck! We can't be entertaining for 3 hours". Same with the PG thing, he's not going to come out on live TV and admit that the product needs to get edgier. Get real, people.

It will be about AJ, Punk, Hell in a Cell, I personally don't see anything with Brock happening.

Geez, how long have some of you been following wrestling? Why would you honestly think they would use a televised in-ring segment to do anything like announce a change in the length of the show, or to say they aren't going to be PG anymore. That would be something they'd put out through the website. Going back to 2 hours, which isn't happening anyway, would be like admitting defeat. They'd do it quietly in a press release rather than dragging Vince to the ring to say "well, we suck! We can't be entertaining for 3 hours". Same with the PG thing, he's not going to come out on live TV and admit that the product needs to get edgier. Get real, people.

It will be about AJ, Punk, Hell in a Cell, I personally don't see anything with Brock happening.

I think you (and Vince) need to take a look at this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HznErMk97B4

Vince absolutely can use this to change whatever needs to be changed. Linda is winning the campaign, but if business requires it then I am sure Vince will do what he needs to keep WWE strong first.

In the case of a draft - It's a perfect time to do it in the lead up to the Survivor Series, indeed they can do it at said show and have the matches have a bearing on draft picks etc.

Something like this usually means some kind of shake up whether it be a GM change or whatever. However I think it would be a good next stage in the Punk storyline. Having Vince come down and say that Punk isn't yet a legend would be the next step up the ladder from the likes of Foley and JR. Vince is the guy that basically gets to decide who will actually be remembered as a legend and if he is telling Punk that nothing he's done in the last year is actually worthy of that then it could lead to a fantastic segment.

For all those chirping on about a draft, it wont be. WWE as actively been moving to lessen the brand separation for months. Both Smackdown and Raw share the same talent, the same commentators (lawler and the midget aside) and they share the same theme music now at the start of the show. A draft would be utterly pointless because every superstar can appear on either show, as we saw with Punk and Ziggler on smackdown last week.

Vince's appearance will be there to goose the ratings whilst Cena is injured. He will probably address AJ as I feel that has gone about as far as it can run, and he will almost certainly have a verbal run in with punk, because it would be a massive missed opportunity if they didnt. Punk dropping a 'pipe bomb' on vince alone = social media explosion!

Ok, so, first USA is paying the tab for te three hours. That being said, if the plug is being pulled, it won't be Vince announcing it. PPV buys are on par with what they were last year with 2 hours, so Vince will be happy with more programming.

Best bet is a face off between Vince and Heyman. It should be good too. I would love this to be a full on Heyman stable where we get the likes of Rollins, Ohno and Cesaro keep the roster at bay while Lesnar comes out and breaks Vince's arm. This will lead to Super Cena running to the ring and getting destroyed by Lesnar, before Punk comes out to say he accepts the challenge. Cena can't compete, so Foley steps into the Cell.

Vince will goad Punk into accepting the Cena challenge. I think Vince will go back to the "pipebomb" promo, how Punk held the company to ransom before signing his contract. Talk about how Punk wanted change, that he cannot bring change by dodging the top guys. I think Vince will use this as yet another opportunity to verbally bury Heyman, making Punk take the bait.........advertising Vince for Raw is a smart way to boost ratings, if this was not the reason for it, he would have just arrived unannounced. Lesnar is due back soon also, Id imagine he will be interjected shortly leading to Survivor Series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back